Theories Of Transformers 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
I've been noticing alot of talk of how the sequel could bring back Megatron and how will Starscream make a difference, so feel free to post your own TF fan fic of death here.

Scythe
I personally think the Matrix of Leadership will be passed down to probably Bumblebee.

Megatron will arise for some odd reason. Not as Galvatron, but as regular ole' Megatron.

Starscream will bring in some new Decepticons and then be killed or beaten by Megatron.

Optimus will die.

Sam and female Sam will have a baby.

Optimus will return in Jedi ghost form to aid the Autobots.

Megatron and company will then be re-defeated.

The end.

Wolverine2006
Optimus won't die...and Starscream is going to definitely bring in more Deciptifaces...I think in the third one they're going to figure out who created the allspark and then probably kill him

Scythe
What the hell...?

Wolverine2006
what the heaven?

Scythe

Dreamt
Originally posted by Scythe
What the hell...? Agreed.

Wolverine2006

I am saying that there is no way that Optimus is going to die in the sequal. Starscream will get more Decepticon warriors to fight the Autobots. And I think that in the 3rd movie they are going to find who created the Allspark and probably kill him. What the hell was so complicated with what I said.

Losty
if they kill of optimus they are stupid, thats what killed the cartoons, when they did that, they had to vring him back at the end, but it was 2 late...

I think megatron will be reborn, starscream will go n get more bad guys

more good guys to join the back, hot rod and ultra magnus

the next one will be all out war as now the story is in place its time for fighting ( what we all wanna see)

stickman618
i've posted this on two other threads, but in case you didn't read them, here it is again

MY VERSION

megatron manages to become galvatron because he still has a tiny piece of the allspark with him. He'll be very much like his g1 incarnation, he'll be a "one shot kill" cannon but with the exception that he'll also be able to become a jet, and while in this form and robot mode, he can't do "one shot kill".

meanwhile, the autobots find a way to make energon out of the things earth considers to be "garbage". and this machine transforms into Prime's back compartment thing.

the plot will revolve around the decepticons wanting to grab a hold of the energon machine to create weapons out of energon.

as usual i can't be bothered with detail so use your imagination
constructicons should be the team that starscream brings back
Ultra Magnus would be cool too
Hot Rod would be ok, as long as he doesn't get Prime killed

captblack
how about since starscream left earth he went to find and bring back UNICRON. that would be cool

Newjak
Originally posted by Losty
if they kill of optimus they are stupid, thats what killed the cartoons, when they did that, they had to vring him back at the end, but it was 2 late...

I think megatron will be reborn, starscream will go n get more bad guys

more good guys to join the back, hot rod and ultra magnus

the next one will be all out war as now the story is in place its time for fighting ( what we all wanna see) Pretty much what I was thinking.

Although I see Megatron coming back earlier than before. I also think that the next fight Prime has with Megatron we are really going to see Prime cut loose.

The plot will probably revolve around Megatron trying to find a way to use the world's energy for him to take over the world then expand into space.

Scythe
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
I am saying that there is no way that Optimus is going to die

That's what everyone said about the first motion picture, and he died...

Wolverine2006
What the animated movie...thats a big difference they're not going to kill him off something as big as a live-action movie. Unless it's going to be the very last one, for sure.

Scythe
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
What the animated movie...thats a big difference they're not going to kill him off something as big as a live-action movie. Unless it's going to be the very last one, for sure.

I don't know. I think they really will try to finish him off. Look at the way he spoke in the movie. Telling all the Autobots that it's be great serving next to them, his suicidal tone means he would die at any moment and just like that, it's over.

Menetnashté
I don't know. I think they really will try to finish him off. Look at the way he spoke in the movie. Telling all the Autobots that it's be great serving next to them, his suicidal tone means he would die at any moment and just like that, it's over.
When he said that he was planning on putting the Allspark in himself, because he doubted they'd all make it out alive. I think they'll kill Optimus in the last movie, not the second one though. Bay knows what happened to the series when Optimus died I don't think he'll let that happen in the movie franchise, that'd be a huge risk with all the money they're spending on the film. And I don't think Sam and the girl will be having a kid, considering they're 16 in the movie...

Scythe
The sequel can take place years later man. Autobots don't age.

Menetnashté
The sequel can take place years later man. Autobots don't age.
Yeah but the people who played the kids signed on for three films, they're not going to have them look exactly the same and say they're like 30.

stickman618
Originally posted by captblack
how about since starscream left earth he went to find and bring back UNICRON. that would be cool

Unicron should be left for the third and final movie

therefore it really ends with a bang.

they said there would be an aircraft carrier in the next movie, who do you think it is?

and if Soundwave is in the next movie, he should say something to Barricade like, "i put Frenzy in your care... where is he?". and then kills Barricade after he tells him he died.

Newjak
Originally posted by stickman618
Unicron should be left for the third and final movie

therefore it really ends with a bang.

they said there would be an aircraft carrier in the next movie, who do you think it is?

and if Soundwave is in the next movie, he should say something to Barricade like, "i put Frenzy in your care... where is he?". and then kills Barricade after he tells him he died. That would be awesome if Soundwave did that eek!

stickman618
i know right?

and just think of what Unicron would look like in the third movie

Newjak
i know right?

and just think of what Unicron would look like in the third movie I know and imagine if they brought in Primus as well. eek!

Vinny Valentine
-Edit-

Scythe

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Newjak
That would be awesome if Soundwave did that eek!

LMFAO

Newjak

I know it completely changes him but what if they made the aircraft carrier Devastator?

stickman618
maybe when an aircraft carrier is going over the trench, a reactivated Megatron/Galvatron scans it

but can also transform into a laser/jet

or maybe the aircraft carrier is Astrotrain

stickman618
I know it completely changes him but what if they made the aircraft carrier Devastator?

Devastator, in the movie was supposed to be named Brawl, but stupid Hasbro already made like a million tank toys with the name Devastator, and couldn't be bothered to change it

anywayz the Constructicons should be in the next movie, and since the name Devastator has already been taken, the thing they merge into should just be called Gravedigger

illadelph12
The aircraft carrier Decepticon is Tidalwave (unless they use the Japanese version who was Majin Zarak and transformed from an aircraft carrier into a Tryptocon-like monster form).

My money would be on Bay using Tidalwave.

xNIXSONx
Devastator, in the movie was supposed to be named Brawl, but stupid Hasbro already made like a million tank toys with the name Devastator, and couldn't be bothered to change it

anywayz the Constructicons should be in the next movie, and since the name Devastator has already been taken, the thing they merge into should just be called Gravedigger

actually its the other way around. Bay named him Devastator in the movie and the toys are named Brawl, because i looked it up (on seibertron.com) when someone said he was named Devastator in the movie.

Menetnashté
It takes nine months to make a baby man...
*sigh* I'm not an idiot, read my posts, I said they were sixteen, and there isn't going to be a significantly large age increase in the film. So they aren't having a baby at 16 or 17...

Bray
What would Optimus do with the shard of Allspark that he pulled out of Megatron? Remember seeing that?

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Bray
What would Optimus do with the shard of Allspark that he pulled out of Megatron? Remember seeing that?
I'm pretty sure it's useless now.

Newjak
Originally posted by illadelph12
The aircraft carrier Decepticon is Tidalwave (unless they use the Japanese version who was Majin Zarak and transformed from an aircraft carrier into a Tryptocon-like monster form).

My money would be on Bay using Tidalwave. Yeah but I think it would make more sense to make the biggest robot Devastator because he is more well known.

Originally posted by xNIXSONx
actually its the other way around. Bay named him Devastator in the movie and the toys are named Brawl, because i looked it up (on seibertron.com) when someone said he was named Devastator in the movie. He is called Brawl in the Video game as well. In fact the only time the character is named Devastator is when the Decepticon Roll Call is taking place.

Menetnashté
Yeah but I think it would make more sense to make the biggest robot Devastator because he is more well known.

He is called Brawl in the Video game as well. In fact the only time the character is named Devastator is when the Decepticon Roll Call is taking place.
If you read Wikipedia apparently in Credits he's listed as Brawl as well.

Scythe

stickman618
According to Roberto Orci, one of the writers of the movie, and Hasbro's Transformers team, "Devastator" is the mistake, and that the character is supposed to be named Brawl.

^from wikipedia

Scythe
So the movie has a mistake? Great...

stickman618
it's the first movie

Menetnashté
According to Roberto Orci, one of the writers of the movie, and Hasbro's Transformers team, "Devastator" is the mistake, and that the character is supposed to be named Brawl.

^from wikipedia
No, Bay said it wasn't a mistake, he wanted it to be Devastator, but the credits and about everyone else called him brawl.

Scythe
Too bad he was too lame in the film for many people to care.

stickman618

xNIXSONx
well that makes Bay kinda stupid

on wiki, it said Bay was not aware of the character actually named Devastator...

stickman618
^he should've done his research
it doesn't matter that much anyway

a decepticon by any other name would still kick some serious ass

Scythe
Directors never do their research. It's a common fact.

stickman618
and if Soundwave is in the next movie, he should say something to Barricade like, "i put Frenzy in your care... where is he?". and then kills Barricade after he tells him he died.

and then the autobots take Barricades body and Ratchet puts Prowl's spark in his body.

Scythe
Maybe the sequel should show the Decepticon symbol sometime.

stickman618
they show it in the first one

on Barricade

Scythe
they show it in the first one

on Barricade

Come on, that was hardly worth the effort. Just a small decal. None of the Autobots aside from Bumblebee having it on the steering wheel adorned their symbol. Though that was lame. You would think at least Optimus and Megatron would have it somewhere visible.

CrazyEyes
My Ideal Transformers 2
Transformers 2: Dark Legacy
Part 1
In the past, a man is on the run from the police and jumps from his car as he drives off a bridge into the water below. As he tried to escape by blowing up the police cars, one officer is accidently killed. Months later, his case is put in court and it comes to pass that he is the dad of Mikaela who is in the stands. Her mother tells her that she is lucky she wasn't with him, due to her juvy record.
Many months have passed since Megatron's death. An ocean liner where Megatron and the defeated Decepticons were sent into the ocean blows up suddenly. As news spreads around the world, people in the know begin to suspect that prehaps they are not dead.
Sam and Mikaela are no longer an item but still friends, and he shares his dismay at this with Bumblebee Ironhide as they are on the lookout for Decepticons. Sam asks them about their past, and they explain of the final battle of Cybertron and its history. In the vaste spaces of the universe, a planet is destroyed by an unknown force.
Starscream is still alive and finds himself trapped by a ship of renegade Decepticons (Shockwave, Octane, Skywarp, Soundwave and Rumble)who have fled the ruined Cybertron. Starscream tells them of what has gone on in Earth and it is decided that they will return to Earth to kill the Autobots.
In the Hoover Dam, Frenzy is still alive and it is revealed that he and Decepticons Demolishor and Laserbeak have retrived the frames of the defeated Decpticons (minus Megatron) from the ocean and rebuilding them. Megatron's location is unknown, but Demolisher knows he is not in the ocean. Laserbeak has been spying on Sam and Mikaela, as they are vital for the Autobots destruction.

CrazyEyes
Part 2
Scientists on Earth discover that planets in the solar system are being destroyed and that the trail is leading to Earth. On Earth, Optimus Prime is concerned about the disasters on Earth, and that Sam must still be protected from retribution from the Decepticons.
As 5 asteroids hit Earth, more autobots are revealed (Sideswipe. Acree, Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus and Dinobots), they share that 'Unicron' has got rid of Cybertron and is not scouring the galaxy for renage Transformers and that he is on the way to Earth.
As Starscream and his Decepticon warriors arrive on Earth and tackle the Autobots, Demolisher defeats Bumblebee and kidnaps Mikaela and takes her back to Frenzy, who plans to use her to destroy the Autobots and gain 'The Matrix Of Leadership'. Acree and Hot Rod, followed by Sam and Bumblebee flee in search of her, Octane is defeated by newly built Jazz and Rumble by Ironhide.
Megatron reveals himself to a fleeing Starscream and kills Skywarp and lets Soundwave life to aid Frenzy and Laserbeak get 'The Matrix'. As the trio fly off, Megatron engages a squadron of F16s and reveals himself to the world and the Autobots, who Optimus Prime promises to take down. The remaining Autobots follow the others signal to the dam. Megatron is still alive as the allspark kept him alive and gave him power 5x his own.
A giant battle begins and the Autobots manage to defeat the Decepticons as Sam, Mikaela and Bumblebee tackle Laserbeak and Frenzy. As Optimus Prime and Megatron do battle, Unicron finally revels himself and the battle is taken to space, where Megatron is destroyed by Unicron and absorbed after he kills Optimus Prime, where the 'Matrix' is passed to Hot Rod.
As Unicron is finally destroyed, the bodies of Megatron and Prime are sent into space...

Alpha Centauri
Come on, that was hardly worth the effort. Just a small decal. None of the Autobots aside from Bumblebee having it on the steering wheel adorned their symbol. Though that was lame. You would think at least Optimus and Megatron would have it somewhere visible.

It's on Optimus Prime's grill when he first drives up, and on Ratchet's door.

Megatron will probably get a better Earth form in the new movie and the Soundwave/Barricade friction would be a nice side touch, nothing to build a movie around though.

Rumour has it that Barricade disappeared because he was Prowl in disguise, but that is just a rumour, naturally.

A gesalt form would be awesome, but first they need to clean up the shooting of the fight sequences, they were cluttered enough as it is, and they should probably make the Decepticons a bit more resistant to Earth's weaponry. Seeing Brawl, a walking armoury, have to take cover from men firing sable rounds was a bit silly.

I loved the movie, all things considered, I just hope they clean that stuff up for the next one. I don't really care who is and who isn't in it, because it's just names really. So long as they don't have Soundwave for the sake of Soundwave, he has to be true to form, or at least done right. I'd love to see them explore Starscream's character a bit. Nobody is asking for The Matrix levels of plot, but considering they have five or so hours of movie time left, they could fill a lot more of that with robot screen time than humans.

Tidal Wave would be cool, or just a transformer that big.

There are lots of things I'd like to see, but I'm not fussed. The Dinobots would be great, but...I dunno how that'd work out or anything. The great thing about the Transformers is that so many of the characters had next to no background story, so Bay and co can pretty much use the names and slap them on whoever/whatever they want. It's the staple ones such as Prowl, Starscream etc that they would really have to deal with as they actually have characters and traits. Although when you think about it, only Starscream, Megatron and Prime have storylines. The rest are just iconic additions who have varying moments of fame (Soundwave was never a deep character, just an awesome one.).

They can trade off vices. I don't care that Starscream looks how he does, just as long as his character is good. Same as if they're not gonna give say...Prowl (For example.) a lot of character, they should at least give him an accurate police car/land vehicle alt mode. I'm not expecting G1 look, G1 characters, but at least keep something recognisable there.

-AC

Scythe
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Yes, I do remember it being on Prime's grill, but I think I missed the symbol on Ratchet's door. I was hoping I'de see it on Starscream's wings or Megatron's chest, but I didn't even see it on Starscream, let alone Megatron.

Alpha Centauri
I was just about to say that Barricade was already on Earth, and he obviously had the time to acquire a sweet visual appearance complete with Decepticon logo, but so were the others it seems.

Unless Barricade was always conscious and mobilised and the others simply got awakened without time to acquire any detailed forms, although they had Earth forms. No idea.

-AC

Scythe
I was just about to say that Barricade was already on Earth, and he obviously had the time to acquire a sweet visual appearance complete with Decepticon logo, but so were the others it seems.

Unless Barricade was always conscious and mobilised and the others simply got awakened without time to acquire any detailed forms, although they had Earth forms. No idea.

-AC

Well if you remember, the man who stated that the heli heading toward the base was shot down a few weeks ago was the same one that was shot down not too long ago, and again he made sure of this to his authority figure by stating his friend was on it. That gave evidence that Blackout had aquired his earth form not too long ago, as for Starscream and the rest, I'm sure the same applies to them just hiding out seeing as how there was no Decepticon descent or awakening. So as to why the Decepticon symbol only adorned Barricade's side still puzzles me. I actually expected to see Decepticon/Autobot flags being waved around and seeing the symbol plastered somewhere throughout the whole film.

moonknight11
I think Jazz is Gonna get revived and kick some major ass(hopefully).

Scythe
He needs to get revived and like re-assembled...

stickman618
how would they do that?

come to think of it, how did they revive OP in the cartoon?

sure a quintesson repaired him, but what about his spark???

moonknight11
how would they do that?

come to think of it, how did they revive OP in the cartoon?

sure a quintesson repaired him, but what about his spark???

Well maybe the could revive him with the shard of the allspark that prime has.

stickman618
but in the cartoon,

how did they resurrect Optimus Prime without his spark?

Scythe
I'm not sure I remember.

Darkstorm Zero
It's hard to tell, Op was ressurected twice, the first time, he was being controlled by the Quintessons to lure the Autobots into a massive explosive trap... My guess is, that they somehow reintergated his spark into the body... or not all of it dispersed...

The 2nd time, he was completely restored by a lone quintesson in order to combat the hate plague, and was given a massive injection of Energon... the Quintesson did warn Skylinx though, that if it failed, Prime would never function again, now I guestimate that it means a spark remnant can only handle so many reanimation attempts before it completely extinguishes.

Newjak

Megatron will probably get a better Earth form in the new movie and the Soundwave/Barricade friction would be a nice side touch, nothing to build a movie around though.

Rumour has it that Barricade disappeared because he was Prowl in disguise, but that is just a rumour, naturally.

A gesalt form would be awesome, but first they need to clean up the shooting of the fight sequences, they were cluttered enough as it is, and they should probably make the Decepticons a bit more resistant to Earth's weaponry. Seeing Brawl, a walking armoury, have to take cover from men firing sable rounds was a bit silly.

I loved the movie, all things considered, I just hope they clean that stuff up for the next one. I don't really care who is and who isn't in it, because it's just names really. So long as they don't have Soundwave for the sake of Soundwave, he has to be true to form, or at least done right. I'd love to see them explore Starscream's character a bit. Nobody is asking for The Matrix levels of plot, but considering they have five or so hours of movie time left, they could fill a lot more of that with robot screen time than humans.

Tidal Wave would be cool, or just a transformer that big.

There are lots of things I'd like to see, but I'm not fussed. The Dinobots would be great, but...I dunno how that'd work out or anything. The great thing about the Transformers is that so many of the characters had next to no background story, so Bay and co can pretty much use the names and slap them on whoever/whatever they want. It's the staple ones such as Prowl, Starscream etc that they would really have to deal with as they actually have characters and traits. Although when you think about it, only Starscream, Megatron and Prime have storylines. The rest are just iconic additions who have varying moments of fame (Soundwave was never a deep character, just an awesome one.).

They can trade off vices. I don't care that Starscream looks how he does, just as long as his character is good. Same as if they're not gonna give say...Prowl (For example.) a lot of character, they should at least give him an accurate police car/land vehicle alt mode. I'm not expecting G1 look, G1 characters, but at least keep something recognisable there.

-AC I agree with everything on here.

I think that the second movie really needs to focus on the Robots since most of the human storylines are done.

This movie needs to be an all out war with a good number of Robots on each side. The fight scenes do need to be expanded in range. I think the best look Bay could get on how a large scale Transformer battle should look like is the big battle in the beginning of the animated movie. The Decepticon assault on the Autobot City.

As for the Dinobots I always had an idea on how they should work in the movie. 5 pods are orbiting around space together. Each pod containing a being in stasis picks up on Optimus' transmission and auto locks on it and takes the Pods to Earth.

They crash land in the tar pits of California at night. A small girl who orphaned on the streets is sleeping near it when they crash. The girl wakes up to find 5 large shadows with Dino like outlines staring at her.

Optimus gets a signal saying that certain numbered pods have landed. He gets a serious tone in his voice as he says the Renegades have landed.

As it turns out he is referring to 5 very powerful Cybertronians to decided to remain neutral in the fight. Deemed to powerful to be let lose the transformers lured them into pods that put them asleep.

Well needless to say that the Autobots end up finding them and Grimlock(In Robot Mode) tells Optimus to leave them alone. Sam notices that there is a small girl hiding behind his leg. Grimlok then goes unto tell Optimus what it felt like being exiled against their will just because they chose not to fight. Grinlok says that eh Autobots are not their friends.

Optimus relaizes how wrong he was and leaves them alone as he soon realizes that more pods are crash landing and they are caring Decepticon signals.

He gets together his Autobots some of whom are newly arrived like Ultra Magnus and Kup. Optimus realizes they are out numbered but he still needs to battle them. The middle part of the film focuses on the a big mobilization of different transformers showing up around. Like a massive chess game where Megatron is placing the newly arrived Decpeticons around. Then the battle begins and the Autobots begin to lose.

Megatron finds the Dinobots and begins to smooth talk him unto there side. Gromlok begins to listen and Megatron almost has them joining him until the little girl runs out and tries convince them not to. Megatron calls the little girl a bug and begins to charge up his weapon on her.

Grimlok steps in front and says stop. Megatron begins to talk about how worthless the girl is and the Dinobots need not worry about the Human. Grimlok though replies

"Grimlok no care what you say. Sussy is Grimlok's friend and Grimlok fight for Friend."

Megatron says, "So be it then you will die as well"

Grimlok, "Me Grimlok no think so. Dinobots TRANSFORM."

All of a sudden Grimlok transforms into a T-Rex and opens up his mouth and fires a large energy breath weapon knocking Megatron through a few buildings. One of the Decepticons opens fire and the girl is in the way. Slag though runs in front of the girl and uses and releases an energy shield taking the blast. Sludge lifts his two front feet up and all of a sudden his feet open up to reveal piledriver type devices. Pushing them into the ground a large energy shockwave spreads out knocking the Decepticons down. Snarl swings his body and it releases his tail like a whip. Swoop flies up and comes down and his chest opens up and two gattling like devices pop out and begin to fire missiles.

The Dinobots join the Autobots in their fight.

stickman618
cool idea

question is... how will the dinobots look?

fleshy, like in jurrasic park?

or robots in the shape of dinosaurs?(sort of like in G1 but "updated"wink

grey fox
cool idea

or robots in the shape of dinosaurs?(sort of like in G1 but "updated"wink

Robots in the shape of dinosaurs

qzZVu546E68

stickman618
well... maybe not exactly like that

Scythe
Nice.

Newjak
cool idea

or robots in the shape of dinosaurs?(sort of like in G1 but "updated"wink Well I figured that they robot in the shape of Dinosaurs. I would like for the Dinobots to be more streamlined unlike the Bulky ones of G1. You now kind of look like the Jurassic Park Dinos but Metal instead.

stickman618
yeah, that's what i meant by "updated"

Newjak
yeah, that's what i meant by "updated" Ok then.

Scythe
I'm just worried as to how they'll come to be... Fossils? Bones? How the hell are they gonna get their dino forms? Have they been dormant this whole time? I don't know.

stickman618
nobody knows dude

DARKLORDCAEDUS
nobody knows dude

Except Michael Bay and he isn't talking.

stickman618
i thought that he's not directing the second one

Scythe
I heard that too.

Sadako of Girth
He promised us he wouldn't - but welched when he was happy with the fiscal offer, by the looks of it. sad He then stopped showing off about the formats of release of the movie.

stickman618
i'm pretty sure he's not directing tho

Scythe
When is the dvd coming out?

Sadako of Girth
Early/mid October, stateside.

freek
the cartoon didn't really mention the concept of "sparks" at all and i seem to remember scourge opening up his chest cavity to reveal a whole lot of mechanical stuff but no spark.

i've kinda already mentioned this but:
the construticons could have been loyal to devastator and so get shockwave to modify them so that they can combine and then name their combined form devastator in his memory (starscream would bring/call them to earth)

dinobots arrive fresh from combat somewhere off in space; with advanced new scanners acquired in that time (maybe a good chance to introduce wheeljack as the mad scientist here) allowing them to acquire forms based on living tissue. as they land near a museum they decide the dinosaurs would make interesting forms.

and it doesn't really matter if bay is directing or not at the moment; what with the strike action or whatever it is that's happening at paramount

Sadako of Girth
I hope they are discovered on earth having already been here, (be it searching for the allspark or for some other reason... and that their mech-dino forms are explained as their old way of blending in with the old populous millions of years ago.

May as well be Jurassic Park or Terminator if they have flesh. And while its granted that the Dinobots wouldn't be blending in these days either rendering of surface texture, its be cool to see them not turn this into a generic monster movie. Besides: if we allow for flesh on Dinobots, then Bay might get the hankering for doing....... the Pretenders...... sad sad

And that clusterf*** has to be avoided....no matter the cost. :P

It would defeat Megatron's "fleshbag/puny flesh creature" rants whilst simultaneously posing the question of: "Why bother generating human looking holograms for cover etc when they could have a real and fleshy part of them for the same purpose.
I can see them taking the alt route of 'Dinobot alt forms for Modern (GMC) roll eyes (sarcastic) cars or military vehicles.'

Scythe
If dinobots have flesh, I expect blood...

stickman618
i don't expect flesh

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I want to see some of the Beat War Transformers in 2 or 3.

stickman618
i don't

grey fox
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I hope they are discovered on earth having already been here, (be it searching for the allspark or for some other reason... and that their mech-dino forms are explained as their old way of blending in with the old populous millions of years ago.

Like that idea, A HELL of a lot.

Think about it, Dinosaurs aren't very intelligent creatures. They rely on their sense of Smell and Hearing above everything else. Their eyesight is pretty damn poor so all the Dinobots would have to do is become vaugely similar shape-wise.

As an answer to their intelligence (though I STILL dislike the idea of the DB's having the cave-man speech) Ratchet could explain that (having been on their own for millions of years) their minds have slowly devolved . Think robot dementia.

stickman618
and i don't want them to have flesh

they could just have metallic skin that uses holograms to make it look like skin so they could have blended in with the dinosaurs when they arrived, and then say their holo-projectors got damaged by whatever killed the dinosaurs, so we see them with just the metallic covering.

grey fox

they could just have metallic skin that uses holograms to make it look like skin so they could have blended in with the dinosaurs when they arrived, and then say their holo-projectors got damaged by whatever killed the dinosaurs, so we see them with just the metallic covering.

Lolz

stickman618
what's so funny about that?

grey fox
what's so funny about that?

Just the idea of the Dinobots stepping out after the Meteor hit the earth without a scratch on them.

"What was that ? "

"Giant Meteor"

"Oh"

Scythe

I just thought of something, why would they need to disguise themselves for dinosaurs? They aren't intelligent.

stickman618
Originally posted by grey fox
Just the idea of the Dinobots stepping out after the Meteor hit the earth without a scratch on them.

"What was that ? "

"Giant Meteor"

"Oh"

well their holographic systems would have been damaged, and they would've been put into stasis mode for millions of years

Scythe
Or fought Rhodan and Gidorah.

grey fox
I just thought of something, why would they need to disguise themselves for dinosaurs? They aren't intelligent. Originally posted by grey fox
Like that idea, A HELL of a lot.

Think about it, Dinosaurs aren't very intelligent creatures. They rely on their sense of Smell and Hearing above everything else. Their eyesight is pretty damn poor so all the Dinobots would have to do is become vaugely similar shape-wise.

As an answer to their intelligence (though I STILL dislike the idea of the DB's having the cave-man speech) Ratchet could explain that (having been on their own for millions of years) their minds have slowly devolved . Think robot dementia. Originally posted by Scythe
Or fought Rhodan and Gidorah.

Bah, Rodan would get pwned by Swoop. KG on the other hand stomps all the dinobots.

Scythe
Godzilla and Grimlock tag team duo kill all though...

grey fox
Godzilla and Grimlock tag team duo kill all though...

Pretty much.

Scythe
Shit, now I wanna see that happen...

grey fox
And they fight Mechagodzilla !

The third one though, with the awesome jets and mini-blackhole generator in it's chest.

Scythe
Hahaha, what was up with that? Mini black hole generator? Wow. Wouldn't there be a size difference between Grimlock and Godzilla?

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by grey fox

"What was that ? "

"Giant Meteor"

"Oh"

Why not...? It would appear that in these new movies, TFs can actually withstand slamming into the ground at x-amount of hundreds or thousands of miles an hour as meteors themselves without a slight bit of damage, it would seem. sick

The writers dumped the ark idea because they couldn't see why aliens that moonlighted as vehicles would need a ship to travel through space.

Just three reasons I can think of are:

1) To conserve energy/fuel.
2) To avoid slamming into planets at thousands of miles per hour.
3) The autobots had somewhere to hang out.

Scythe
Possibly option 2.

grey fox
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Why not...? It would appear that in these new movies, TFs can actually withstand slamming into the ground at x-amount of hundreds or thousands of miles an hour as meteors themselves without a slight bit of damage, it would seem. sick

The writers dumped the ark idea because they couldn't see why aliens that moonlighted as vehicles would need a ship to travel through space.

Just three reasons I can think of are:

1) To conserve energy/fuel.
2) To avoid slamming into planets at thousands of miles per hour.
3) The autobots had somewhere to hang out.

Technically the novelisation apparently re-introduced the ark. The 'meteor' forms are just for short travel.

Bad Ash231
edit

Scythe
I see...

Orbius
They may possibly introduce Shockwave in TF2. He appeared in the game, and was done pretty well actually. He still pretty much had his G1 look, except he was a triple-changer, turning into a ground-cannon (think Galvatron's form), a robot, and a Helicopter.

Then again Spider-Man fans have been waiting for the Lizard for years now, so we might not get what we want unless we threaten Bay some more! Lol.

By the way, I heard that the Concept Art Prime looked nothing like the final, movie Prime. Anyone got Concept Art pics? Cus I'm curious now.

Scythe
Concept Art Prime looks alot like a skeletal tin man... yeah...

stickman618
Originally posted by Orbius
They may possibly introduce Shockwave in TF2. He appeared in the game, and was done pretty well actually. He still pretty much had his G1 look, except he was a triple-changer, turning into a ground-cannon (think Galvatron's form), a robot, and a Helicopter.

Then again Spider-Man fans have been waiting for the Lizard for years now, so we might not get what we want unless we threaten Bay some more! Lol.

By the way, I heard that the Concept Art Prime looked nothing like the final, movie Prime. Anyone got Concept Art pics? Cus I'm curious now.

here ya go
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=457975

optimus actually looks like a Gundam here

Orbius
Thanks, I checked 'em out. And for Prime's sake, that Starscream ruled. But the Port-o-potty Transformer was just wrong..horribly wrong.

Scythe
Optimus' Gundam face does look really sweet in that pic though.

stickman618
Originally posted by Orbius
Thanks, I checked 'em out. And for Prime's sake, that Starscream ruled. But the Port-o-potty Transformer was just wrong..horribly wrong.

really?

i thought Starscream looked like a bad guy from Power Rangers in that pic confused

Scythe
He looked unrealistic. Face it, the TF's that appeared in the film were highly believable, despite the whole moving lips thing.

Orbius
Yeah I know. I actually walked out of the theatre and could imagine my pick-up transforming. And the movie lips were cool, but I thought that Bay said they couldn't get the animation right for Prime's faceplate to move up and down, but I see it move when he talks to Megatron in their battle.

Sadako of Girth
Yep, they're so full of shit.

I hated the lips/mouth thing.
If really they couldn't animate a simple face plate, then they have no business being and fx company.

Well all credit goes to the FX guys for the visual.
But the only designs I liked, personally, were Prime and Bumblebee.
So top marks for quality of rendering, I just seperate that from the designs though, which Bay was responsible, in part for..

Scythe
I thought they did a good job on Starscream and barricade. I know Starscream looks nothing like G1, but it's not supposed to resemble G1, the flick was it's own sotryline.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.