Vishanti vs ???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who can defeat the Vishanti in a Magic battle? Anybody besides with 5D magic?

Vishanti- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishanti

guy222
Originally posted by golem370

trinity of ashes

golem370
What is that? Wouldn't they just stalemate them?

guy222
What is that? Wouldn't they just stalemate them?

http://www.knightmare6.com/index2.html

SpunkySmurph
What is that? Wouldn't they just stalemate them? Not knowing who it is, but assuming it's a stalemate is laughable.

golem370
I read on them before I posted.

Terror of Death
Ultimate Draco with the War Staff and Time Scepter. Vishanti wouldnt stand a chance.

Endless Mike
Zom

jitwu
Quntissence

nvrbeenwthagirl

I'd Say Nabu/Shazam/Mordru have a good shot.

The Quintessence, But they are cosmic and magical.

There are magical beings like S'ivva who can.

Trigon.

Odin and the Skyfathers probably could.

golem370
Imo don't think Trigon Odin Zeus would have a chance in hell.

celestialdemon
The Vishanti are the top magic users in Marvel. The only ones who might be able to beat them are the Trinity of Ashes (being their counterparts), Archenemy (since he absorbs magic), and Zom.

I don't know enough about the DC magic elite to comment on them.

hunbu04
And The phantom stranger is the strongest magical user in dc with the exception of the spectre. you guys keep on forgetting that the spectre is omnipottent and according to dc the stanger possessed enough power to be a near equal of the spectre. the spectre only obey one person in dc and that is the presence and the phantom stranger on obey one person in dcu and that is the Word/ as he called it the Higher Authority which is also the presence. He is the one of the few characters in DCU immued from the spectre judgement the other two are Michael and Lucifer. without the presence restriction the Phantom Stranger becomes dues en mechina meaning he can end any conflict with the wave of his hands

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by hunbu04
without the presence restriction the Phantom Stranger becomes dues en mechina

Without it he is a deus ex machina. With it he is a deus en machina.

King Kandy
Living Tribunal is technically a mystical entity.

hunbu04
even with the restriction the phantom stranger is still a spectre level cosmic/mystical entity who in order for the omnipotent spectre to kill will means he had to destroyed all magic in DCU. anyone darksied fear is not someone to take lightly

long pig
Agg' is by far the weakest member of the three and he stalemated Galactus. When they pool together their multi-versal powers, they create a new power that supposedly puts them close to omnipotent.

Endless Mike
No, Aggamotto is the strongest of them

long pig
Originally posted by Endless Mike
No, Aggamotto is the strongest of them
No, he's the weakest and also the youngest/most immature.

Oshtur
Hoggoth
Agamotto

Endless Mike
No, it was stated that Aggamotto was stronger than the other two combined

Cosmic Flame
Where/when was this?

golem370
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Agamotto

Cosmic Flame
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Agamotto

Well, I'd take what's posted on marvel.com with a grain of salt, seeing as how fans can update the information. The handbooks are more reliable.

The most recent handbook (the Mystic Arcana handbook that came out a few weeks ago) says:

Though beings such as these transcend physcial genders, Oshtur is consistently referred to as a feminine entity. She is also known as "ominpotent Oshtur," though since she requested aid from Strange, she is presumably not omnipotent; however, the title may indicate that she is the most powerful of the Vishanti.

Later it adds:

Oshtur, Hoggoth and Agamotto are each immensely powerful godlike entites capable of achieving almost any feat imaginable. Combined, they are even more powerful.

The list would be very short of entities that can defeat them. I don't know that I would count the Trinity of Ashes among them. I would say that they were defeated by the Vishanti, seeing as how Strange returned to Earth after the end of the War of the Seven Spheres. I can't imagine that Strange would have returned to earth if his patrons had been defeated, or that he wouldn't have mentioned it at all if they had.

long pig
No, it wasn't. In fact, he was a human at one time. He was earth's first Sorcerer Supreme.

Aggamotto calls Oshtur omnipotent and calls himself merely omniscient. Oshtur is a god of power (all her spells are offensive). Agg is the god of thought/sight (all his spells are wisdom/mind oriented) and Hoggoth (all his spells are defensive) is a god of compassion. It's never been stated, shown or implied that he's more powerful or even as powerful as the other two. Least so more powerful than both combined.

long pig
But, let's revel in the awesomeness of having your power backed by a whole Pantheon of beings who, at one time, was listed in Thor as being in the top ten most powerful beings in existence.

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by long pig
But, let's revel in the awesomeness of having your power backed by a whole Pantheon of beings who, at one time, was listed in Thor as being in the top ten most powerful beings in existence.

What is that in reference too.

This is an interesting discussion because I always regarded Agamotto as being the strongest.

don't shiv
Vishanti send me to sleep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.