Big Boss vs Solid Snake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cc/MPOSnake.jpgvshttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ef/MGS1_Solid_Snake.jpg

No PIS/CIS. Bloodlust is on. Both snakes are in their prime: Portable Ops Big Boss/Naked Snake; Twin Snakes Solid Snake.

Round 1
Stealth kill - Which one will be able to kill the other using stealth?

Round 2
Hand 2 Hand - Who is the superior hand to hand combatant?

Round 3
Firearms - both of them get every weapon available in Shadow Moses. Which snake is the superior marksman/Firearms expert?

Discuss.

kamikz
I think Solid Snake takes all. stick out tongue

Superboy Prime
Why does he take them all?

Big Boss has taken down his fair share of freaks by the time of portable ops. And he is not suffering from old fart ass syndrome.

Solid Snake might take them all...but he will have to work hard for them in my opinion.

kamikz
Lol, I'm to into playing Portable Ops at the moment, so I can't write long. I just think he's superior in all physical abilities, and such. ................ Yeah I'll write later, I wanna complete this first. stick out tongue

Superboy Prime
No problem. Don't forget to give me your thoughts on the game and a basic story layout...I'm poor and can't afford a PSP--well not with every mother ****ing game being released on the 360.

kamikz
Sure. wink

lightness
5/5

Nikkolas
Solidus was the best of them all.

Superboy Prime
Okay...still how do you think this would turn out?

Nikkolas
Snake, as a rookie, destroyed Big Boss' ultimate creation in Outer Heaven.

He would go on to beat Big Boss and Gray Fox, both far more experienced and borderline superhuman (it's said somehwere BB has cybernetics in MG2, IIRC) in Zanzibar.

He fought the older and more skilled Ocelot to a draw. Bea tSniper Wolf and Vulcan Raven. Constantly defeated Liquid despite Liquid manning multiple destructive weapons to defeat him.

I say Snake takes it.

Superboy Prime
I don't know. It is closer than what it might seem at first glance. Big Boss took his fair share of superhuman freaks as well as beat opponents who make him look like a newborn in terms of experience.

kamikz
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Snake, as a rookie, destroyed Big Boss' ultimate creation in Outer Heaven.

He would go on to beat Big Boss and Gray Fox, both far more experienced and borderline superhuman (it's said somehwere BB has cybernetics in MG2, IIRC) in Zanzibar.

He fought the older and more skilled Ocelot to a draw. Bea tSniper Wolf and Vulcan Raven. Constantly defeated Liquid despite Liquid manning multiple destructive weapons to defeat him.

I say Snake takes it.

Actually, I finished reading "In the darkness of Shadow Moses", and they are writing about the fight between Ocelot and Snake, and the ending is described as this...

"As Snake was about to deliver the death blow, a...", yeah, you know what happens afterwards.
It states that Snake was about to kill Ocelot when they approached eachother in the end both with guns drawn, but Fox interrupted.
Now I don't know if it is 100% accurate, since it is written by an in universe character (Natasha), but why the hell would she lie?

Nikkolas
That is interesting indeed.

Just another feather in the cap for Solid Snake.

But Ocelot is cooler.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cc/MPOSnake.jpgvshttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ef/MGS1_Solid_Snake.jpg

No PIS/CIS. Bloodlust is on. Both snakes are in their prime: Portable Ops Big Boss/Naked Snake; Twin Snakes Solid Snake.

Round 1
Stealth kill - Which one will be able to kill the other using stealth?

Round 2
Hand 2 Hand - Who is the superior hand to hand combatant?

Round 3
Firearms - both of them get every weapon available in Shadow Moses. Which snake is the superior marksman/Firearms expert?

Discuss. Answer my pm! chair

Emperor Ashtar
Super-Boy Prime: The last hero of game versus

Violent2Dope
Big Boss just seems stronger IMO. I mean his opponents just seem more superhuman than Solid's, the most superhuman person Solid took down that I can think of is Fox, Boss took down freaks like Pain, Fear, The End, and Volgin.

Darkstorm Zero
Psycho Mantis, Sniper Wolf and Vulcan Raven don't count as freaks in your oppinion?

What about an older and more experienced Ocelot, or Liquid Snake?, or even Vamp?

Kazenji
Solid Snake has bet him in "Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake"

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Psycho Mantis, Sniper Wolf and Vulcan Raven don't count as freaks in your oppinion?

What about an older and more experienced Ocelot, or Liquid Snake?, or even Vamp? Psycho Mantis is freaky,Vulkan Raven and Wolf not so much. Compare Wolf to The End, I dare you. Ocelot's not a freak, just a badass with two revolvers who really knows how to use them. Liquid is not really a freak, and Vamp is sure as hell a freak but I ask you, has Snake ever fought him?no

Nikkolas
Liquid is very much a freak.

Or do normal people survive a large machine they're in blowing up?

Or a fall from several stories?

Or in completely exposed Alaskan cold with no shirt and their body riddled with injuries?

Yeah...Liquid is not freaky at all.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Liquid is very much a freak.

Or do normal people survive a large machine they're in blowing up?

Or a fall from several stories?

Or in completely exposed Alaskan cold with no shirt and their body riddled with injuries?

Yeah...Liquid is not freaky at all. When I say "freak" I mean like Volgin freaky or Vamp freaky.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Psycho Mantis is freaky,Vulkan Raven and Wolf not so much. Compare Wolf to The End, I dare you. Ocelot's not a freak, just a badass with two revolvers who really knows how to use them. Liquid is not really a freak, and Vamp is sure as hell a freak but I ask you, has Snake ever fought him?no

Solid Snake had a short encounter with him, and he literally got pawned in it.

kamikz
Yeah, but who wouldn't? He couldn't see him, and got the drop on him. He was forced to enter to save Raiden's ass.

As we saw Raiden take out Vamp in direct combat, it's safe to say Snake could as well. (Not saying you're saying he couldn't however)

Remember that it's not only the people they face that equals how good they are. I've yet to see Big Boss jump over missiles, dodge bullets that have already been fired (meaning he dodges in over the speed of sound to get away), as well as jumping several meters up in the air.

Big Boss is good, but I doubt he compares to that. Besides, Gray Fox as how he was in MGS one as a cyborg ninja rapes Null, and Big Boss barley defeated Null. It was even stated he couldn't take him in direct combat but needed to utilize his experience and the terrain.

Superboy Prime
...But then again it can be argued that Solid Snake's encounter with Cyborg Ninja is full of Plot/Character Induced Stupidity.

kamikz
Well, I don't see why. The Snake's, both Big Boss and Solid, have shown to handle those with ridicilously faster speed than them (Gene and Null for Big Boss, running man and Fox for Solid), I don't see why that would be the case. Snake's reflexes and his own speed should be well enough to dodge any attack really.....

Anyway, as I said, I haven't seen enough to put Big Boss on par with Solid. Not only has Solid already won as a rookie against Big Boss twice (once unarmed vs Biggy with a machine gun, while he just before fought Fox unarmed and being burnt so much that he had to remove every item on his entire body), but he has shown physical feats on the super human level, something Big Boss hasn't.

Superboy Prime
True Snake beat Big Boss as a rookie...but really Big Boss was way past his prime. And for this battle that is irrelevant since Big Boss is in his prime.

True. Twin Snakes is just too powerful a source of feats for Solid Snake.

kamikz
Oh I agree, he was past his prime. However, this was before Snake's prime as well, he was very inexperienced, while Big Boss was more experienced. And Biggy was still in great physical shape, it's said in the game.
However, I guess it doesn't totally fill the fact. I'd say a Big Boss pretty out of shape doesn't exactly equal an inexperienced Solid Snake. But yeah....

Yeah, agreed. Twin Snake's FTW. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.