Link v.s. Nightmare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FortressXRuler
Takes place in a caged battle arena.

Violent2Dope
Link, he's the medieval batman and would pluck him full of Light Arrows.

FortressXRuler
Link would win easily.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by FortressXRuler
Link would win easily. I know, but if you knew that why make this match?

FortressXRuler
To see idiots make a fool of themselves saying that Nightmare would win.

Violent2Dope
To see idiots make a fool of themselves saying that Nightmare would win. Who do you think would say NM wins?

FortressXRuler
Someone..... I expect that Colonelf40 would jump in with excessive profanity. Saying this:

***** SHIT!!!! You guys are ****ING ASSTARDS!!!!!Nightmare would WTFPWN Link!!! JackASS!!!!*

Violent2Dope
Someone..... I expect that Colonelf40 would jump in with excessive profanity. Saying this:

***** SHIT!!!! You guys are ****ING ASSTARDS!!!!!Nightmare would WTFPWN Link!!! JackASS!!!!* Yeah I don't like that kid. He's a super fanboy noob.

FortressXRuler
What's the deal with super-obsessive fanboy noobs these days? It's starting to get annoying

Violent2Dope
What's the deal with super-obsessive fanboy noobs these days? It's starting to get annoying It's been goin on for awhile. It's nuthin new.

FortressXRuler
They are growing by the thousands. For every sequel, there comes 6,000 fanboys.

Emperor Ashtar
Link, easily at that.

FortressXRuler
Note that everyone in the game world is watching this fight. Exept for Zant and Ganon

Violent2Dope
Note that everyone in the game world is watching this fight. Exept for Zant and Ganon Why exempt Zant and Ganon?

FortressXRuler
Because they would jump in to help Nightmare, which would lead to an all-out video game character brawl.

Violent2Dope
Because they would jump in to help Nightmare, which would lead to an all-out video game character brawl. Well then the DS cast would kill everyone.

FortressXRuler
What if someone just self-destructed, wiping out most of the characters. Who do you think would stay alive note it has to be 7 characters.

Violent2Dope
What if someone just self-destructed, wiping out most of the characters. Who do you think would stay alive note it has to be 7 characters. 1.Pyron
2. Jedah
3. Morrigan
4. Demitri
5. GANON!
6. Trance Kuja
7. Omega from FFVII

FortressXRuler
Wow. who's gonna be fighting each other?

Violent2Dope
Wow. who's gonna be fighting each other? Every game character in existence according to you.

FortressXRuler
I'm talking about of those seven finalists!

Violent2Dope
Jedah would win, unless it was complete Morrigan.

FortressXRuler
What about Jedah v.s. Pyron?

Emperor Ashtar
What about Jedah v.s. Pyron?

Jedah

FortressXRuler
Wow. I never expected that answer

Rascaduanok

FortressXRuler
I was talking about TP Link.

Rascaduanok

FortressXRuler
Well Do It!

Xenogears
NIGHTMARE...

FortressXRuler
Link would turn Nightmare into Dream with all of those light arrows.

Violent2Dope
FXR if this is only TP Link then NM wins. His Light Arrows are not in TP, and they were the only reason I thot he would win.

Violent2Dope
Wow. I never expected that answer It's sadly true. Jedah the gay vampire is the most uber playable character in DS.

Darkstorm Zero
For me, it would depend on what version of Nightmare, and what weapon your giving him.

A fully emowered SC3 Nightmare with Soul Edge complete may very well destroy link... That sword has a remarkable way of nerfing other peoples powers.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
For me, it would depend on what version of Nightmare, and what weapon your giving him.

A fully emowered SC3 Nightmare with Soul Edge complete may very well destroy link... That sword has a remarkable way of nerfing other peoples powers. If Link had Light arrows he would win but since this is TP Link he goes down hard.

Darkstorm Zero
I'm not sure if Light Arrows would do anything... Ganon had a specific weakness to them, and thats why they where effective against him, but neither Nightmare or Soul Edge have a weakness against light...

Dnyways, Wouldn't Nightmare simply block the Arrows with his sword? the thing is wide enough to act as a shield...

FortressXRuler
Well, Link is more agile than NM, NM is going to get a couple of good hits, but Link might take it. ( It's the complete SE, and Link has the Tri-Force)

Emperor Ashtar
If I remember correctly, Light arrows were potent against enemies that are evil.

FortressXRuler
It's like the whole Light>Darkness Darkness>Light thing. It varies depending on who is fighting and what abilities they have and what weapons they have and how well they use it.

Violent2Dope
Light /Arrows affect ANYTHING evil. As for NM blocking with his sword, LAs are fast and Link has excellent aim. But, since this is TP Link he doesn't get them and is dominated.

Emperor Ashtar
I don't think this is TP link.

Violent2Dope
I was talking about TP Link. It is.

Emperor Ashtar
Oh, okay.

Violent2Dope
So Link dies.

Emperor Ashtar
I haven't played TP and thus cannot make a case for link. Besides, Soul Edge is more powerful than any sword that link has ever weilded.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
I haven't played TP and thus cannot make a case for link. Besides, Soul Edge is more powerful than any sword that link has ever weilded. Well, the MS could hold up against it but NM would dominate Link in a sword fight, TP Link doesn't have Light Arrows so he dies.

Emperor Ashtar
Master Sword cannot hold up against Soul Edge.

FortressXRuler
What if Link infuses Soul Calibur with the Master Sword?

Emperor Ashtar
Then he has the stronger sword.

Violent2Dope
Master Sword cannot hold up against Soul Edge. Proof? It's the sword of evil's bane, SE is evil, why won't it work?

DracotheDragon
Link is Link and he wins. Hands down, no matter which version he is. stick out tongue

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Proof? It's the sword of evil's bane, SE is evil, why won't it work?
MS is a plot device, what exactly put's it above SE in terms of raw power?

Saying it's evil's bane doesn't mean it can triumph any evil blade.

Violent2Dope

Saying it's evil's bane doesn't mean it can triumph any evil blade. MS was not made to defeat Ganon, it was made to fight evil, ANY evil. It is a sword that is most affective against pure evil, like NM. I still think NM would win.

Superboy Prime
Trance Kuja so >>> Ganon

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Trance Kuja so >>> Ganon pissed

Xenogears
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Trance Kuja so >>> Ganon Answer my pms foo! chair hug

Superboy Prime

Saying it's evil's bane doesn't mean it can triumph any evil blade.

In Zelda AttP the master sword is able shoot energy blasts. That's got to count for something.

Violent2Dope
The only thing Trance Kuja has to put him above Ganon is his gay ass Ultima spell.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
MS was not made to defeat Ganon, it was made to fight evil, ANY evil. It is a sword that is most affective against pure evil, like NM. I still think NM would win.

I never said it was only used for Ganon, but the whole "Evils Bane" is grossly exaggerated. The blade is effective against evil do not get me wrong, but it still lacks the power of Soul Edge.

Violent2Dope
I never said it was only used for Ganon, but the whole "Evils Bane" is grossly exaggerated. The blade is effective against evil do not get me wrong, but it still lacks the power of Soul Edge. True, it does not possess the raw power of Soul Edge and is only a normal sword when used on something not evil.

Darkstorm Zero
Well, Link is more agile than NM, NM is going to get a couple of good hits, but Link might take it. ( It's the complete SE, and Link has the Tri-Force)

Wait a minute... if Link has the complete Tri-Force, then he is conceivably omnipotent to the point where he could just wish NM out of existance... Thats not just a curbstomp, but a curbstomp of the highest magnitude...

The only conceivable chance Nightmare has in that situation is to pull Link into the Chaos Realm, to nullify the Tri-Forces power (By removing it from Hyrule altogether) and becoming Night Terror... And he can't do that without fusing the Complete Soul Edge with Soul Calibur (He can still create the chaos realm, but is limited to transforming into Inferno version 1, rather than Night Terror.)

FortressXRuler
The arena is slowly turning into the Chaos Realm due to NM's anger. And Zelda gave Link some darkness nullifier to combat it.

Darkstorm Zero
Doesn't matter... it's a curbstomp due to Link's ability to wish Nightmarefrom existance... Unless Nightmare can draw Link into the Chaos Realm instantaneously, and in that instance, it's a curbstomp in the opposite direction.

Take away the Triforce, andthe Chaos realmfrom the equasion, then you have a debatable match, in which case, I think the soul Edge tips the scales in nightmares favour due to the Demon Weapons ability to screw around with other peoples powers, even from vast distances (Demonstrated by the Soul Edge's ability to suck Taki's swords powers from half way across the globe), not to mention all the other really freaky $h!t that was going on (Like the Evil Seed for instance).

FortressXRuler
So the basics of SE depicts the battle itself?

Darkstorm Zero
What do you mean by Basics?

FortressXRuler
What I mean is that SE's power, complete or incomplete, would automatically win?

Darkstorm Zero
Not automaicically... but the advantages are massive and numerous... Remember.

Soul Edge can drain Links magical powers, all the while feeding Nightmare more and more power (For example: supernatural strength, speed, and fighting knowlege), meanwhile Link could conceivably be consumed by the Dark power Soul Edge emanates.

However, it's close, since some ofthe more arcane powers can be gradual (It's a random and slow process in most cases, only when the sword's power isfocused is it instantaneous)

Another thing to remember... Link may not have the complete Tri-Force, but he's Always had the Tri-force of Courage, and that may protect L8ink from slipping into madness (Basicaly the same thing as Kilik' Dprava Yuga amulet that protected him during the Evil Seed).

FortressXRuler
So if Link can keep hold on to the Tri-Force of courage, he can still have a chance against NM. NM is a force to be reckoned with, but Link just needs to keep his insanity, he may win.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Soul Edge can drain Links magical powers, all the while feeding Nightmare more and more power (For example: supernatural strength, speed, and fighting knowlege), meanwhile Link could conceivably be consumed by the Dark power Soul Edge emanates.

Soul Edge absorbs souls, not just any source of power. Link's magic would remain intact.

Darkstorm Zero
Sorry General Kaliero, the draining ofTaki's Rekkimaru proves otherwise.

FortressXRuler
Rekkimaru was a pretty pwerful demon killing weapon, so to be able to absorb it's powers is a pretty moticeable feat.

Rascaduanok

Violent2Dope
Or maybe since Link's appearance in SCII in noncanon we shouldn't act like it defines his true abilities.big grin

StyleTime
yes

Rascaduanok
Haha. Indeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.