Spirited Away [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pippy
Went to see this gem couple weeks ago and liked it. But did anyone feel like there was some movie was editing done? My friend told me that Mizayaki made sure the studio brass couldn't touch it, but I felt like it was a bit disjointed. Comments?

Tex
I hear it's suppose to be a masterpiece.
But i'm just going to wait and rent it instead.

ToMacco
What's this now?

kychesu
damn it. another movie that sounds really familiar yet i don't recollect seeing

ToMacco
Doesn't sound familiar to me.

pippy
If you guys like animation. You'll really like this one. The guy who directed Princess Mononoke did this one:

IN THEATRES: SEPTEMBER 20, 2002

Directed by animation legend Hayao Miyazaki, SPIRITED AWAY is the tale of Chihiro (voiced by Daveigh Chase), a young girl who is taken down an unusual road by her parents while moving to a new home in an unfamiliar town. The curiosity of Chihiro's mother (Lauren Holly) and father (Michael Chiklis) leads the reluctant child into what appears to be an abandoned amusement park. Soon her parents are greedily feasting on various delights from an enticing food stand and are literally turned into pigs. The frightened and bewildered girl then encounters a young man named Haku (Jason Marsden), who explains what she must do to navigate this strange and magical realm. Finding employment in a bathhouse for spirits and other odd characters--including kimono-wearing frogs, lumbering tentacled monsters, and a mysterious apparition named No Face--Chihiro attempts to figure out how she can free her parents from the clutches of the resort's owner, a powerful witch named Yubaba (Suzanne Pleshette). In the process, she makes some very eccentric friends--and has to deal with some notoriously stinky customers.

A surreal adventure reminiscent of Lewis Carroll's ALICE IN WONDERLAND, SPIRITED AWAY continues Miyazaki's streak of groundbreaking animated films that also includes PRINCESS MONONOKE and MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO. Succeeding MONONOKE as the most successful film in Japanese cinema history, this charming movie follows its own bizarre yet engaging logic as it reveals a cast of fascinating characters and jaw-dropping settings through stunningly beautiful hand-crafted animation. A movie experience like no other, SPIRITED AWAY is sure to enchant audiences of all ages, leaving viewers grinning with a giddy sense of wonderment.

mah
for christssake people, GO SEE IT NOW! I am sure it will never hit the big screens in norway, thank pete that I can order american anime DVD's.
Hayao Miyazaki and his Ghibli team has made the best anime ever, and one of the best films ever, Princess Mononoke. Miyazaki-sama is GOD in animated movies, and you simply MUST see this. NOW!

kychesu
OOOOOOOOH!!! I LOVED TOTORO!! he's my fav japanese character of all time. Tonari no Totoro was great.

mah
yyyyyyyay! My Neighbor Totoro!!

pippy
For those who saw it the "bug/mouse" were my favorite characters in the movie. They were so cute and funny, I wanted to bite something.

hehehe. Actually, I went back to see it! smile On a side note, Did you guys see the Treasure Planet trailer before the movie? I was pretty impressed.

gregmss
so i just saw it yesterday I loved it who else liked it

Sheepz
Dude, I own it. It's awesome. All of Studio Ghibli's films are

movie_freak
It's a great film...saw the original version of it.

BackFire349
outstanding movie, myazaki makes the most imaginative movies around.

gregmss
how do you own it it came out on friday

BackFire349
its been out in the US for several months

o kiMMii o
ive got it!

Hypernova
I've got it and I'm in Aus big grin

SaTsuJiN
I agree, all of Miyazaki's films are imaginative and worth watching.
Totoro (Tonari no totoro)
Castle in the Sky (Tenkuu no shiro rapyuta)
Princess Mono no ke (Mono no Ke hime)
Kiki's delivery service (Majou no takkyubin)

These are the ones I own on dvd

gregmss
oh well does any1 no how i can get it in england

buffymitch
This movie is great. It really gives you some imagination. I love when that dragon turns into that boy again. I never expected that to happen.

claidisa_felton
i luv tonari no totoro!!

claidisa_felton
i no!!! that film is soo good! big grin eek! Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.