Phalanx Invade Wraithworld and the Dark Nebula

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
Well I didn't get too many responses for my thread where Galactus took some of his fellow cosmics back for revenge on the Wraithworld that defeated him...

So what about the Phalanx deciding that the Dark Nebula is their next target for assimilation? Is it just another conquest or the worst mistake they ever made?

guy222
Originally posted by basilisk
Well I didn't get too many responses for my thread where Galactus took some of his fellow cosmics back for revenge on the Wraithworld that defeated him...

So what about the Phalanx deciding that the Dark Nebula is their next target for assimilation? Is it just another conquest or the worst mistake they ever made?

Phalanx loses

starlock
We will have to see what the phalanx are capable of now that they have made their move in Anhiliation conquest.....based on previous phalanx showings,i would say

Wraithworld for the win...but i will wait and see

basilisk
Bumping - with Conquest long since finished we saw what they were capable of.

So it is:

Phalanx - who conquered the Kree Empire
vs
Wraiths and the Dark Nebula - who repelled Galactus.

For added measure:
1) Regular Phalanx invasion
2) Phalanx with Ultron in charge plus the selects.

the ninjak
Is this the place Wraith came from?
Are many of the occupants of Wraithworld capable of his ability?

And even so isn't the fear effect temporary? The Phallanx aren't one being but a swarm of many.

dmills
The females are magic users, the males use weird tech. Either way, as the Annihilators are about to find out, you don't phuck with the dire wraiths.

basilisk
Originally posted by the ninjak
Is this the place Wraith came from?
Are many of the occupants of Wraithworld capable of his ability?

And even so isn't the fear effect temporary? The Phallanx aren't one being but a swarm of many.

No, Wraith (Conquest) was different and had nothing to do the Dire Wraiths. The Dire Wraiths were pretty badass in their day, and not many beings would mess with them in the Dark Nebula. They had powerful magic, tech, and the Deathwings, and were capable of sending Galactus running.

the ninjak
Isn't Galactus currently on his way to destroy them with Reed?

basilisk
Originally posted by the ninjak
Isn't Galactus currently on his way to destroy them with Reed? Isn't that New Earth? Dire Wraiths aren't back in force yet...

the ninjak
Ohhhhh got confused with them. Well if they can do it. I'm sure these guys can fo sure.

leonidas
the reason they sent g running had less to do with their 'power' and more to do with wraithworld not having any of the energy g needs to devour it. he was run off, but he did try and absorb it and was unable to do so. i think he was actually hurt by the attempt. i suppose the phalanx could just find forge to make another weapon to use against them.....

wraiths were tough enough, but they'd need an upgrage methinks to stave off the phalanx.

basilisk
Originally posted by leonidas
the reason they sent g running had less to do with their 'power' and more to do with wraithworld not having any of the energy g needs to devour it. he was run off, but he did try and absorb it and was unable to do so. i think he was actually hurt by the attempt. i suppose the phalanx could just find forge to make another weapon to use against them.....

wraiths were tough enough, but they'd need an upgrage methinks to stave off the phalanx. It was the mass Deathwing attack that was the last straw for Galactus. I think they would cause the Phalanx ships a lot of trouble too. And it was said that the Wraith magic within the nebula was so powerful it was like the laws of physics were different in there. It would be a tough fight.

leonidas
Originally posted by basilisk
It was the mass Deathwing attack that was the last straw for Galactus. I think they would cause the Phalanx ships a lot of trouble too. And it was said that the Wraith magic within the nebula was so powerful it was like the laws of physics were different in there. It would be a tough fight.

absolutely the deathwings did damage. but like i said i think he was pretty weak, nor do we know how many there are. i think g would have been fine had he been able to absorb the planet's energy.

dmills
I wonder how the Annihilators are going to do this. If the wraiths are back in full force and if the following scene is any indication, they've been plotting behind the scenes for quite some time. And if they have somehow managed to resurrect Supernova, whoa.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1295466208607.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.