GrimLock Vs. Starscream !! Who wins???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SeanTerry727
Who would win out of grimlock or Starscream????

Menetnashté
Grimlock would rip apart Starscream, it's not even a competition, considering the Dinobots have taken out the decepticons several times before and can take Devestator. And besides Grimlock is King!

yungz22
super starscream would win

Scythe
Hmm, Starscream. Don't get me wrong, Grimlock is an awesome character, but Starscream doesn't even have to land to take Grimlock out. Grimlock is strong but slow and dimwitted. Starscream doesn't fall too far behind, but he can grasp concepts alot faster and better then Grimlock.

Scythe
Originally posted by yungz22
super starscream would win

Who the hell is that?

yungz22
he was in transformer cybertron and a little bit of armada its when starscream soaks up in unicrons energon or suttin like dat

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Scythe
but Starscream doesn't even have to land to take Grimlock out. Grimlock is strong but slow and dimwitted. Starscream doesn't fall too far behind, but he can grasp concepts alot faster and better then Grimlock.

or maybe Grimlock doesn't even have to stay on the ground to take SS's attacks because he can also like......fly.

IIRC, in the cartoon movie, as Grimlock was boarding Skylynx to evade Decepticon aerial attacks, he was hit by lasers from (Thundercracker?, Dirge?, Ramjet?) i forgot who and he wasn't affected at all, instead he retaliated by shooting flames out of his mouth and actually hit one of them, from the ground to the air...

besides, grasping concepts does not need to be a pre-requisite when you're locked in mortal combat, especially for someone who is much more powerful than most Transformers anyway...

Grimlock ftw...

SeanTerry727
Exactly!!!

Impediment
Grimlock.

'Nuff said.

Razorscream
In the G1 Marvel Comics, Starscream wasted Grimlock and unable to accept defeat, I believe Grimlock walked away in pure shame. I'll find the comic sometime this week. It was a good fight though.

Losty
grimlock would eat him

Newjak
Grimlock wins

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Razorscream
In the G1 Marvel Comics, Starscream wasted Grimlock and unable to accept defeat, I believe Grimlock walked away in pure shame. I'll find the comic sometime this week. It was a good fight though.
I think we're talking G1 series of TV, that's what I was talking about.
Hmm, Starscream. Don't get me wrong, Grimlock is an awesome character, but Starscream doesn't even have to land to take Grimlock out. Grimlock is strong but slow and dimwitted. Starscream doesn't fall too far behind, but he can grasp concepts alot faster and better then Grimlock.
Doesn't really matter since Grimlock can shoot at starscream, and if they got locked in mid air combat then Grimlock would WTF PWN Starscream with his sword.

SeanTerry727
Grimlock Would totally Destroy Starscream every wich-way!

Scythe
Starscream is a lying, conniving, cheating bastard. He'd probably find a way to get Grimlock to destroy himself.

SeanTerry727
Starscream is a lying, conniving, cheating bastard. He'd probably find a way to get Grimlock to destroy himself.

HAHA True that TRue dat

Menetnashté
Starscream's not smart enough to do that, he'd want to go head on into battle, he lacks strategy.

SeanTerry727

Scythe

Menetnashté
As does Grimlock, however Starscream would probably be a teacher's pet to let Megatron know he has no intentions of threatening his power, so therefore I'm sure he paid attention to all the Decepticon briefings done by Megatron. I'm sure he picked something up that he could use to his advantage.
Decepticons were rarely able to defeat the dinobots if memory serves me correctly, I remember one time Megatron tricked them into fighting optimus but they learned he was lying and Megatron and the rest of the decepticons ran away like scared dogs.

draxx_tOfU

draxx_tOfU

with prep i agree...

Starscream is a scheming, cheating sonovagun, it doesn't matter how many times Megs bitchslaps him, if there's a way to usurp leadership he'll do it first chance he gets...

in the cartoons, was he 2nd in command? or was it Shockwave or Soundwave?

JesusTheChrist
Starscream, all the way man.

Razorscream

Darkstorm Zero
In direct combat... Grimlock overwhelms Starscream in every which possible way.

Beleive itor not, Grimlock isn't stupid when it comes to fighting, the guy is very effective, and commands the loyalty of his Dinobots, each of whom is a distinct powerhouse in their own right.

When it comes to matching physically or in terms of firepower, Grimlock will beat the nuts and bolts out of Screamer...

BUT... whenit comes tofiness, cunning and strateigic thinking... Star Screams got it in spades, and although Grimlock has no real physical weakness, one thing he does have, is a less then average proccessing speed. Screamer may very well find a weakness in our Dino buddy.

7/10 in favour of Grimlock. 3/10 for Starscreams better thought proccesses... It's simply not enough to overcome Grimlocks physical dominance and battle prowess for the majority.

Razorscream
You've gotta remember; One is powerful but slow and the other is fast and weak. It would be a very close match.

SeanTerry727
This is True i think itd stil be a hell of a match !!! Grimlock wins still though

Scythe
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
with prep i agree...

Starscream is a scheming, cheating sonovagun, it doesn't matter how many times Megs bitchslaps him, if there's a way to usurp leadership he'll do it first chance he gets...

in the cartoons, was he 2nd in command? or was it Shockwave or Soundwave?

That's true. And I believe he was second in command.

Faceman
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6153/tfdinogrimlockk6ww3.gif
Shot at 2007-07-15

Menetnashté
OK, here's some videos to show Grimlock's strength in previous battles.

In this Grimlock hits starscream during flight causing him to retreat for a moment, though he comes back to wield Megatron, and he also takes down Skywarp during flight. Also notice Starscream fires a horde of bombs at Grimlock and he isn't even affected.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xtcyUlUgH5M
Grimlock scares the crap out of Megatron causing him and the Decepticons to retreat.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rz4yH8PFWGA
-Grimlock shoots Galvatron's ship, along with another Decepticon ship.
-Scares Sharkticons into fighting their leader
-quickly dodges Unicron's attack.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BtGdfulu5KI

This next video doesn't really show anything good of him, but I'm just trying to point out that most of his slowness comes from him being forgetful or not thinking things through, and considering we've seen how starscream attempts to fight him in the past it's unlikely that he'd all of a sudden attempt to confuse him, I doubt Grimlock would even give him the chance.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iVhqCNRNvbY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iVhqCNRNvbY

Scythe
Those are all convincing videos that provide evidence of Grimlock's awesomeness, but come on, Starscream would retreat and come back with Megatron to blow Grimlock away. It's completely possible.

Menetnashté
Those are all convincing videos that provide evidence of Grimlock's awesomeness, but come on, Starscream would retreat and come back with Megatron to blow Grimlock away. It's completely possible.
Starscream's attacks haven't been shown to even hurt Grimlock, maybe if it was Megatron and Starscream, or Soundwave and Starscream. But I seriously doubt Starscream can take him down alone.

Scythe

Menetnashté
Grimlock's tough hide is able to stand up to Starscream's weak laser blasts, but I'm sure Starscream would get the big guy stuck between two trees or something. Not exactly the best show of a fighter, but Grimlock will be just like Winnie The Pooh stuck in a tree after Starscream munipulates him enough. Then Optimus will come running after Grimlock with Eeyore's voice.

"Don't worry Grimy The Poo, I'm comin' to get ya!"
I don't see how that would happen, Grimlock usually doesn't move around much when you see him fight, he always kind of just stands there and whenever someone attacks he woops up on them, I'll give you this if starscream can manage to put on his best show and pull off some excellent maneuvering, so he can evade Grimlock's blasts he might win, but if Grimlock gets hold of him, he won't have much of a chance.

SeanTerry727
It shouldnt even be a question !!!! Grimlock would simply DESTROY!! as seen in that vid... he hit em wit a array of missiles

Scythe
Starscream could find a weakspot.

Rufus T Firefly
Grimlock is definetly the superior in power, but without a doubt Starscream is more intelligent and faster, he may...may win through these factors, i'd say his cunning deceptiveness wins him more times than not against grimlock...the dinobot repaint of the beast wars series laughing

SeanTerry727
Just watch the Video up there !!! before Starscream would find a weakness Grimlock would Destroy him!

Faceman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eMWb-FuFXYc

Darkstorm Zero
I stand by my earlier statements, I just don't think Screamer can win on his own... even with his Cluster bombs, Null Rays and various missiles, he can't damage Grimlock substantially, even with a sustained assault.

Grimlock's brain may have all the intelligence of a carrot, but one thing he is, and thats an effective warrior, and beleive it or not, he is actually tactically brutal and capable commander. When it comes to fighting, they don't have many more effective fighters than Grimlock, especially earlier in the series when the Dinobots where first created.

The most effective warriors the Autobots had at the time where Prime, Skyfire/Jetfire, Ironhide and Brawn. Grimlock easily surpasses all of em exept Prime in sheer batte strength and capability.

SeanTerry727
This should be Non- Debatable !!! I mean GRIMLOCK WINS!

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Faceman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eMWb-FuFXYc
He's really...cool.

Menetnashté
Starscream could find a weakspot.
I highly doubt he'd las that long.

SeanTerry727
Y do you think htat

Menetnashté
Originally posted by SeanTerry727
Y do you think htat
Because Grimlock would've blown him out of the sky by then.

SeanTerry727

yungz22
grimlock is just one big dummy starscream would prolly find a way to beat him

Menetnashté
grimlock is just one big dummy starscream would prolly find a way to beat him
Starscream's to arrogant, he'd rush in without a plan and Grimlock would waste him.

Mairuzu
Starscream is not that dumb, hes actually very smart

SeanTerry727
OK he might be Smart But Grimlock WOULD TEAR HIM UP!!

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Starscream is not that dumb, hes actually very smart
I said he was arrogant, which he is, and if he didn't try to run, like the gutless coward he is, then he'd be arrogant and rush into the fight, he's done a million times before, no reason he won't do it now. So he might not be dumb but he is arrogant and that's just as bad.

Scythe
Grimlock would be too busy covering his ears due to Starscream's high pitched laughter.

Menetnashté
So basically it's been decided that their's no possible way Starscream would win, and you've all used all of your ideas, yes? Good.

SeanTerry727
Exacto !!! But People CAn Still Have their Opinion ~~! Some People might Be CRAZY! Star Scream Fans that thing hes better than EVERYONE yes so they can still have an opinion!

grey fox
Who would win out of grimlock or Starscream????

Already happened. Heres the result.....

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/scan0001.jpg

Pwned cool

Menetnashté
Originally posted by grey fox

Pwned cool
I'm talking about G1, where he, as seen in previously posted vids, woops up on Decepticons. But Comic Starscream seems really kickass, though it looks like Grimlock made quite a body count himself.

Mairuzu
Starscream for teh win <3

grey fox

Mairuzu
Starscream: You're supposed to know everything. What are those?

Megatron: Scrap metal, once we finish with them!

SeanTerry727
Yeah that was the Comics ! Not the Cartoon Series

Mairuzu
He still got pwnt

SeanTerry727
It Depends if your Talking about Cartoon , Comics, or Movie type fight

Scythe
I think he means cartoon G1 fight.

Darkstorm Zero
Well, I was under the assumption of Cartoon as well

SeanTerry727
Well in Comics yes starscream prob wins !! but anything else i think GRIMLOCK! WOULD RIP HIM UPP!

Scythe
I wonder how massive or how small Grimlock would be in the film.

draxx_tOfU
probably the same size as Optimus?

Five-0
Grimlock Would totally Destroy Starscream every wich-way!

Yep lol

yungz22
me grimlock is the only two words in his vocabulary lol

Menetnashté
me grimlock is the only two words in his vocabulary lol
Your amazing arguments never cease too amaze me.

draxx_tOfU
me grimlock crush puny decepticons lol

indeed... thumb up

yungz22
hat wasnt an argument i wuz jus stating a fact(it wuz a joke in other words

Alpha Centauri
Grimlock could take just about anyone, unless we're discussing the season 3 comic relief Grimlock, who sucks.

Comics Grimlock is lethal.

-AC

draxx_tOfU
hat wasnt an argument i wuz jus stating a fact(it wuz a joke in other words

ooops, sorry mate i meant no harm...

but anyway, there was a time when Grimlock actually achieved genius-level intellect (although i've forgotten the circumstances), and is credited for the creation of the Technobots...

Alpha Centauri
ooops, sorry mate i meant no harm...

but anyway, there was a time when Grimlock actually achieved genius-level intellect (although i've forgotten the circumstances), and is credited for the creation of the Technobots...

Grimlock's New Brain from season 3, when he became a bumbling joke.

He accidentally bit into a computer and downloaded it into himself, then, during the mission to intercept the Decepticons at Unicron's head, he disappeared in the middle of a fight and created the Technobots. Computron is the smartest of all the gesalt combiners because Grimlock have him the computer intellect he had accidentally downloaded.

-AC

Scythe
Starscream had slingshot. I mean come on! How cool was that?!

SeanTerry727
I think Grimlock would be Considerable HUGE!

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Grimlock's New Brain from season 3, when he became a bumbling joke.

He accidentally bit into a computer and downloaded it into himself, then, during the mission to intercept the Decepticons at Unicron's head, he disappeared in the middle of a fight and created the Technobots. Computron is the smartest of all the gesalt combiners because Grimlock have him the computer intellect he had accidentally downloaded.

-AC

nice...

the only drawback about Computron is his....name...lol...

Scythe
nice...

the only drawback about Computron is his....name...lol...

Yeah, haha!

Sadako of Girth
I think if we were talking G1, then I'd give it to Grimlock in most cases.

Depends on how elusive Starscream could make himself on the day, I guess, 'cause if he got caught, it'd be over when Grimlock SAYS its over. stick out tongue

In the cartoon, Starscream'd probably outwit him. But mostly, in the UK comics, Grimlock wasn't portrayed as some big powerful baby with big teeth like in the cartoon and the later US comics.

Simon Furman wrote Grimlock more intelligently, yet the other aspects of his character remained: Like the seeing of the Dinobots as a law unto themselves and that they needn't follow Prime's orders and that he likes to keep it that way as he will only lead and is often to arrogant to follow etc...

Scythe
I'm still rooting for Starscream in this one.

brainchild81
Starscream wins via Null RayOriginally posted by grey fox

Pwned cool Big Time!!! Starscream rules!!!! Grimlock is a moron

Scythe
Slingshot ftw....

Darkstorm Zero
You know, having actually looked at that picture again, did anyone else notice that Starscream is actually using Megatron's Fusion Cannon in that scan?

I cannot beleive I only just noticed it... But it's right there, and has been the whole time, Starscream is using Megs's Fusion Cannon!

Plot Device!!!

Here http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/scan0001.jpg

Look at the 2nd 3rd and 4th pictures... look very closely at his Right Wrist.

Thats no Null Ray ladies and gentlemen.

brainchild81
I don't think anybody said it was. That just shows how easy it is for a natural cheater like Starscream to pull one over on 'Lock. You can clearly see his blaster underneath Meg's. I imagine Megatron didn't complain too much about him taking it big grin Starscream is all resourceful & shit

Scythe
Good find.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha Starscream beating Grimlock.

I'm of quite the opinion that a lot of people dwelling here are here cos they like the movie.

Starscream Vs Grimlock is an easy choice, he could never actual win one on one without cheating.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
I agree.
And im pretty sure those events in that comic didnt actually happen...
I'll check to see, but I think that was a dream/hallucination sequence.

Grimlock's I think.

CIS
ok this an easy thread, ok in the movie ironhide is the weapon expert right, ok so a weapon expert would need lots of armor so that the enemy can't steal the weapons. Ok so in the movie starscream's weapon blew right threw ironhide and rachet and in the end ironhide was on his knees! so grimlock is not the weapons expert and would not have extra armor for this battle starscream comes the victor.

Darkstorm Zero
CIS...... There was no Movie Grimlock for starters...

And we're using the G1 toons as per the threadstarters rule...

brainchild81
Null ray mane

Darkstorm Zero
What about it? stick out tongue

Seriously, in direct combat, WTH is Screamer gonna do? Grimlock proved impervious to almost everything our jet lagging friend threw at him.

brainchild81
He shot him w/the null ray b4 & it didn't work?

Sadako of Girth
For real.

It was established in comic and cartoon that Starscream's firepower was lacking whenever it came to having a go against Grimlock.

The only time Starscream could've gotten away with that, might have been during the Underbase saga. But it would have been more likely that Starscream wouldve used the Underbase's power to destroy then, not a null ray.

brainchild81
I think I saw him use the clusterbombs on him, but I seriously don't remember the null ray being used against him. I thought that worked on everybody 'cause it didn't have to damage your armor to work. Starscream also has regular blasters in addition. He might have been using those

Sadako of Girth
Yeah the old cluster bombs being used does kind of ring bells...
But im sure that was early on, and Grimlock survived way longer than Starscream, generally... I've been thinking about it, and still dont remember Starscream ever giving Grimlock a serious old school whupping under normal circumstances, but he may have messed him up in the Underbase thing though..... The Screamer destroyed/damaged a lot of the entirety of the characters in that....

Scythe
That was a dream sequence?

Sadako of Girth
The page posted before, yeah. I think it was a coma-dream of Grimlocks.
If memory serves, the last disembodied speech bubbles are of maybe Prime and Ratchet or maybe Prowl and Ratchet talking about the coma laden Dinobots.

Not the Underbase saga, though.

Scythe
This match should be decided on who has a slingshot.

Starscream ftw...

Sadako of Girth
Grimlock has one in the TF movie kinda by proxy...

Wheelie shoots sharkticons with it on his behalf... stick out tongue

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Grimlock has one in the TF movie kinda by proxy...

Wheelie shoots sharkticons with it on his behalf... stick out tongue

Psh, lame!

Starscream's slingshot ftw!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.