Warpath vs. Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
Both weigh in at 100ton level.

llagrok
Warpath at least 8/10

Hercules has a strength advantage but Warpath has much better speed, agility and reflexes. He's also incredibly skilled with his knives.

Wonder Man
I was gonna do a Warpath vs. Drax thread but i don't know how Drax is doing today.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by llagrok
Warpath at least 8/10

Hercules has a strength advantage but Warpath has much better speed, agility and reflexes. He's also incredibly skilled with his knives.

Isn't Warpath also the better fighter?

draxx_tOfU
Warpath at least 8/10

Eh?

Warpath is definitely NOT taking the majority IMO...

His speed, agility and reflexes will only allow him a few hits at best, hits which Herc would just shrug off...

Not only does Herc have WP's number in strength but in durability as well...

Thunderclap ftw...

or

Herc punches WP's face... no expression

or Herc throws WP to the nearest mountain...

WP 1/5 wins via stab to the eye...

llagrok
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
Eh?

Warpath is definitely NOT taking the majority IMO...

His speed, agility and reflexes will only allow him a few hits at best, hits which Herc would just shrug off...

Not only does Herc have WP's number in strength but in durability as well...

Thunderclap ftw...

or

Herc punches WP's face... no expression

or Herc throws WP to the nearest mountain...

WP 1/5 wins via stab to the eye...

What the **** have you been reading lately? Seriously.

Warpath has been stated by Marvel to at least be in the class 80 range, he also has far superior strength, reflexes, agility, fighting skills and enhanced senses.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Wonder Man

didn't see this...

do you mean weigh or are you talking about their strength, with both being class 100?...

because...

WP is NOT class 100...

not even classic, whose potential was stated to be around 90...

current WP is around class 25-40?...

ask Snoopp...

bottomline, in terms of strength, Herc >>> WP...

llagrok
didn't see this...

do you mean weigh or are you talking about their strength, with both being class 100?...

because...

WP is NOT class 100...

not even classic, whose potential was stated to be around 90...

current WP is around class 25-40?...

bottomline, in terms of strength, Herc >>> WP...

lol.

Current Warpath has been stated to be at least class 80.

snoopdogg
Yea current WP is 25 tons at max according to his latest handbook entry. He's been depowered to his normal levels I think and even lost his flight.

Herc. wins here.

King_Mungi
No, recent handbook entry list Warpath at just class 40 and cannot fly anymore.

llagrok
Oh right, Bruebaker...

draxx_tOfU
Warpath has been stated by Marvel to at least be in the class 80 range, he also has far superior strength

no expression

i guess in terms of strength, being class 80 is "far superior" as opposed to class 100 - incalculable...

your logic... thumb up

llagrok
no expression

i guess in terms of strength, being class 80 is "far superior" as opposed to class 100 - incalculable...

your logic... thumb up

lol at me.

I meant far superior speed smile

Warpath's strength is inferior.

draxx_tOfU
lol at me.

indeed...

llagrok
indeed...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Ohlawds.jpg

golem370
Warpath lose unless he has that mode where he fought Galactus.

Warpath- http://www.marvel.com/universe/Warpath

guy222

Herc

guy222
I was gonna do a Warpath vs. Drax thread but i don't know how Drax is doing today.

I did the thread smile

MJOILNIR
Herc.....WP had the edge in speed but in his best day was not even close to Hercs strength. Herc also has a few thousands years of exp. on him as well....

llagrok
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Herc.....WP had the edge in speed but in his best day was not even close to Hercs strength. Herc also has a few thousands years of exp. on him as well....

It's funny how Hercules never employs any of that experience in combat. He just smashes.

Seeing as Warpath's knives are made out of vibranium and he's a class 40 (was it now?) I think that he would be able to drive them through Hercules relatively easy. When you add superior reflexes, agility, speed and senses to that it's had for Hercules to take him down.

Why does everyone automatically assume that Warpath would engage in a slugfest?

CasanoVa
Hercules 9/10.

Warpath's out of his league, Herc's been beating people far superior to Warpath for decades.

draxx_tOfU
Why does everyone automatically assume that Warpath would engage in a slugfest?

maybe harness the power cosmic then? Teleport? Flight? TP? TK?

wait, he doesn't have those options, only his knives which are made out of *gasp*, vibranium!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

to stab Herc, if he could, he would have to get up close which is a bad idea...

if he decides to throw the knives, thunderclap > knife-throwing...

used as a blunt weapon, Herc has withstood repeated blows from mjolnir...

mjolnir > vib. knives

for a guy who took on the Infinity Watch, laughing out loud @ the assumption that Herc just smashes...

reflexes, speed, and agility would do squat against someone like Herc...

godlike strength, durability, stamina and physiology >> peak/enhanced/superhuman? agility, reflexes

and What the f**k? are his senses going to do? does the match start with Herc hiding that he must find him?

Herc ftw...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Hercules 9/10.

Warpath's out of his league, Herc's been beating people far superior to Warpath for decades. I agree Herc. wins but who has Herc. defeated on panel that's far superior to WP?

Artemis1860
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I agree Herc. wins but who has Herc. defeated on panel that's far superior to WP?

Thor, Namor, Wonder Man, etc. Using skills he was able to stalemate The Hulk as well.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Artemis1860
Thor, Namor, Wonder Man, etc. Using skills he was able to stalemate The Hulk as well. He didn't beat Namor or Wonderman. Hulk has beat the sh!t out of him several times.

Artemis1860
He didn't beat Namor or Wonderman.

I'm pretty sure he's defeated or stalemated them both on a couple occasions.

Hulk has beat the shit out of half the MU. That's kind of moot, don't you think?

CasanoVa
I agree Herc. wins but who has Herc. defeated on panel that's far superior to WP?

Abombination, Firelord, Warlock (off the top of my head).

quanchi112
hercules wins

llagrok
maybe harness the power cosmic then? Teleport? Flight? TP? TK?

wait, he doesn't have those options, only his knives which are made out of *gasp*, vibranium!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

to stab Herc, if he could, he would have to get up close which is a bad idea...

if he decides to throw the knives, thunderclap > knife-throwing...

used as a blunt weapon, Herc has withstood repeated blows from mjolnir...

mjolnir > vib. knives

for a guy who took on the Infinity Watch, laughing out loud @ the assumption that Herc just smashes...

reflexes, speed, and agility would do squat against someone like Herc...

godlike strength, durability, stamina and physiology >> peak/enhanced/superhuman? agility, reflexes

and What the f**k? are his senses going to do? does the match start with Herc hiding that he must find him?

Herc ftw...

Excellent reasoning.

Reflexes, speed and agility MEAN EVERYTHING! They're the reason why Adam Warlock can stand up to people who are far stronger than him. Speed and Agility is the reason why Spidey's able to take on people who are far stronger.

Comparing a blunt weapon to a sharp weapon is something only an idiot would do. Wolverine's knives for example have done far more damage than Rhino's fists. Since Warpath is able to put sufficient force behind them, they could cut through Hercules.

If Warpath decides to throw his knives, Hercules wouldn't even see them coming. How does a slowbie like him, who can't even catch Deadpool, react to Warpath who's got superhuman speed?

Artemis1860
Hercules has snatched Namor out of mid air before. Namor is quicker than Warpath.

llagrok
Hercules has snatched Namor out of mid air before. Namor is quicker than Warpath.

Bullshit, Namor's not faster. Wolverine's obviously faster than Namor, which we've seen. Civil War.

We go by stated powers, Hercules doesn't have superhuman speed or reflexes. If he did, people like Deadpool wouldn't be dodging his attacks with ease.

CasanoVa
Let's see any evidence of Warpath hurting anyone of Hercules' level, because all you've done so far is speculate.

25 ton strength, with vibranium knives: So what? It doesn't mean anything unless you can prove Warpath has/can hurt someone like Hercules with them.

And you to your example of Adam Warlock (Taken from the Hercules Respect Thread):

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8771/madherk6wh.jpg
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/9459/madherk14ge.jpg
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4881/madherk20rk.jpg
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/5904/madherk39pd.jpg
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4315/madherk49sg.jpg

erm, and as I've seen alot of ABC logic going on in this thread so far:

Adam Warlock has defeated several cosmics capable at going alot faster than Warpath can, if Hercules can defeat Warlock, he can defeat Warpath.

Artemis1860
Bullshit, Namor's not faster. Wolverine's obviously faster than Namor, which we've seen.

If all you can do is cite Guggenheim, then you really don't have a point here.

Namor can fly at Mach 5 and isn't pushing it at all, and has a heavy degree of superspeed.

Warpath? Nope.

Herc still wins.

llagrok
If all you can do is cite Guggenheim, then you really don't have a point here.

Namor can fly at Mach 5 and isn't pushing it at all, and has a heavy degree of superspeed.

Warpath? Nope.

Herc still wins.

You're using ABC logic, so I do as well.

If Samson can beat the Hulk, who can beat Hercules every single day, Samson > Hercules?

Or rather, Hulk hit Quicksilver who's far above Namor in speed. Hulk > Namor in speed?

Apocalypse wants some of that too. He easily hit Quicksilver, so I guess Apocalypse is faster than Quicksilver is well.

For some reason people like you, seem to believe that running speed = reflex speed.

Artemis1860
You're using ABC logic

Actually, I'm not. I'm pointing out the fact that in the past, it hasn't worked on Hercules all the time, and even so, it wouldn't here.

Ergo, you fail.

llagrok
Actually, I'm not. I'm pointing out the fact that in the past, it hasn't worked on Hercules all the time, and even so, it wouldn't here.

Ergo, you fail.

Oh, a funny *****.

Adam doesn't employ vibranium knives, that could easily cut through Hercules.

You're seriously stupid enough to believe that strength alone is enough to beat someone with superhuman speed, senses and reflexes? Someone who is FAR more skilled than Hercules.

Artemis1860
Adam doesn't employ vibranium knives, that could easily cut through Hercules.

Can you show me Hercules being cut by Vibranium? I guarantee you can't.

Of course. Hulk does it all the time. So has Herc.

Symmetric Chaos

erm

CasanoVa
Let's see any evidence of Warpath hurting anyone of Hercules' level, because all you've done so far is speculate.

25 ton strength, with vibranium knives: So what? It doesn't mean anything unless you can prove Warpath has/can hurt someone like Hercules with them.

And you to your example of Adam Warlock (Taken from the Hercules Respect Thread):

Adam Warlock has defeated several cosmics capable at going alot faster than Warpath can, if Hercules can defeat Warlock, he can defeat Warpath.

I like how you totally ignored my post llagrok, and who are you calling a *****? Don't be a dick dude, you've come with zero evidence to back up your claims, then when the lady calls you on it you retort with swearing? erm.

Warpath is more skilled than Hercules? laughing out loud prove it.

llagrok
I like how you totally ignored my post llagrok, and who are you calling a *****? Don't be a dick dude, you've come with zero evidence to back up your claims, then when the lady calls you on it you retort with swearing? erm.

Warpath is more skilled than Hercules? laughing out loud prove it.

Hey, I don't Warpath would take the majority, I think he would take a couple of wins.

Why do I need to back up my statements? It's stated in the marvel handbook that he has superhuman speed/reflexes/agility.

Sure, tell me how I can post the scans on my computer and I'll back it up.

Artemis1860
It's stated in the marvel handbook

ROFLMAO!

laughing laughing laughing laughing

llagrok
ROFLMAO!

laughing laughing laughing laughing

So according to you, what are Warpath's powers?

CasanoVa
Handbooks really don't mean anything around here, pretty much everybody knows that the stats in them are wrong alot of the time. Sure they're pretty cool to buy, but they aren't 100% solid proof, if that's what you're basing your entire arguement off of, you're barking up the wrong tree.

On-panel feats, that's pretty much the best way of backing up your arguement, without them nobody can tell whether you're bullshitting or not.

llagrok
Handbooks really don't mean anything around here, pretty much everybody knows that the stats in them are wrong alot of the time. Sure they're pretty cool to buy, but they aren't 100% solid proof, if that's what you're basing your entire arguement off of, you're barking up the wrong tree.

On-panel feats, that's pretty much the best way of backing up your arguement, without them nobody can tell whether you're bullshitting or not.

I know that mate, I know that. The Marvel handbooks are off on a lot of things, but they give us a good idea of what Warpath's powers are.

Like I said. If no one's willing to tell me how I can get scans off my comics on the board, I don't have a way of providing pictures of Warpath's speed/reflexes.

But then again, I shouldn't really have to. It's not like I'm demanding that you guys show me feats of Hercules' strength. Why don't I do that? Because I'm not a god damn idiot. You've both read the latest uncanny x-men, so you've seen Warpath and should know what powers he has.

Warpath:

Superhuman speed
Superhuman reflexes
Superhuman senses
Class 40 strength
Superhuman endurance

Hercules:

Demi godlike endurance
Class 100+ strength

Based on their powerset, Warpath should take a couple of wins from Hercules. Demanding feats isn't very fair when I'm defending Warpath. Warpath who has only appeared in a couple of comics and Hercules who has been a member of the avengers/had his own series.

If you're judging solely on feats, then of course Hercules wins. He has been appearing in comics actively much longer than Warpath has.

CasanoVa
Matches are judged soley on feats, how else are they supposed to be judged? erm, I don't care whether it's 'unfair' (Warpath has been around for 24 years, a quarter of a century), it's the way it is done.

Do you have comics on your computer? if so upload them onto a site (eg: www.photobucket.com) and post them here, show me some examples of Warpath being able to hurt anybody on the level of Hercules, because otherwise you're just speculating.

Hercules still wins 9/10 IMO.

llagrok
Matches are judged soley on feats, how else are they supposed to be judged? erm, I don't care whether it's 'unfair' (Warpath has been around for 24 years, a quarter of a century), it's the way it is done.

Do you have comics on your computer? if so upload them onto a site (eg: www.photobucket.com) and post them here, show me some examples of Warpath being able to hurt anybody on the level of Hercules, because otherwise you're just speculating.

You can upload them to photobucket???? eek!

But when you put it like that, I don't have any feats of him being able to injure anyone of Hercules durability. To put it like this then, you don't think that a class 40 can cut Hercules with vibranium knives?

CasanoVa
You can upload them to photobucket???? eek!

But when you put it like that, I don't have any feats of him being able to injure anyone of Hercules durability. To put it like this then, you don't think that a class 40 can cut Hercules with vibranium knives?

We don't know until somebody tries basically erm.

Edit: And yes, you can upload comics onto Photobucket, if you read comics on CD display then right click "save to file", save them and then upload them onto photobucket.

llagrok
We don't know until somebody tries basically erm.

I was basically going by the logic that if Wolverine can cut Namor with ease, then a class 40 should be able to cut Hercules. I know adamantium is sharper, but those vibranium knives are pretty damn sharp as well. If he's unable to cut Hercules then he won't be getting any wins, at least not until we see more martial arts feats.

I realize now that I can't really grant Warpath his knives and deny Hercules his mace :/

What If...
Bullshit, Namor's not faster. Wolverine's obviously faster than Namor, which we've seen. Civil War.

eek!
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Idiot.

llagrok
Originally posted by What If...
eek!

Idiot.

Shut the **** up smile

According to Artemis, Cap beating Hulk wasn't PIS, so Wolverine beating Namor is just as valid.

draxx_tOfU
Excellent reasoning.

Reflexes, speed and agility MEAN EVERYTHING! They're the reason why Adam Warlock can stand up to people who are far stronger than him. Speed and Agility is the reason why Spidey's able to take on people who are far stronger.

Comparing a blunt weapon to a sharp weapon is something only an idiot would do. Wolverine's knives for example have done far more damage than Rhino's fists. Since Warpath is able to put sufficient force behind them, they could cut through Hercules.

If Warpath decides to throw his knives, Hercules wouldn't even see them coming. How does a slowbie like him, who can't even catch Deadpool, react to Warpath who's got superhuman speed?

Are you comparing Warpath's reflexes, speed, and agility to Warlock?

Can Warpath go lightspeed?

Can Warpath amp his stats using cosmic energy or the gem?

Does Warpath have the same base durability as Warlock, can he survive a blackhole?

Is Warpath even as intelligent as Adam?

because those are just some of the reasons why Adam can go toe to toe AND win against various class 100 tonners...ie Nobilus, Triax, Drax, Maxam etc...

in short, there's NO COMPARISON...

Slowbie?...

lol, you do know that even Cap, and the rest of the Secret Avengers couldn't tag Deadpool that time, why do you single out Herc?

and both are fighting at their best and Herc has knowledge of the knives...

Herc for the solid win...

llagrok
Are you comparing Warpath's reflexes, speed, and agility to Warlock?

Can Warpath go lightspeed?

Can Warpath amp his stats using cosmic energy or the gem?

Does Warpath have the same base durability as Warlock, can he survive a blackhole?

Is Warpath even as intelligent as Adam?

because those are just some of the reasons why Adam can go toe to toe AND win against various class 100 tonners...ie Nobilus, Triax, Drax, Maxam etc...

in short, there's NO COMPARISON...

Slowbie?...

lol, you do know that even Cap, and the rest of the Secret Avengers couldn't tag Deadpool that time, why do you single out Herc?

and both are fighting at their best and Herc has knowledge of the knives...

Herc for the solid win...

I don't see how going lightspeed would help him in a battle where you're gouging reflexes and agility. Silver Surfer's not able to speedblitz everyone when it comes to hand to hand, but he can sure as hell "surf" faster than anyone.

I don't see why lightspeed would be required in order to defeat someone like Maxam, Drax or Hercules. I don't recall Warlock employing ligthspeed in his battles against class 100.

Adam's attacks are far less ineffective against Hercules than Warpath's attacks. If Adam dodges an attack and hits Hercules it won't do too much damage. If Warpath dodges an attack, he's left with the ability to cut off a limb.

Notice the difference? Warpath has the ability to permanently sever Hercules. Remove his limbs, eyes and etc. A stab is always far more effective than a punch. There's no denying that Warpath can't dodge attacks forever, but all he needs is to dodge one attack and he's got the ability to cut loose a limb. That is, if they're bloodlusted.

Like I mentioned earlier, Hercules would take a solid win, but when he's fighting someone who has superior reflexes and the ability to cut off limbs, it's not a complete curbstomp.

hunbu04
that is not even hercules profile according to civil war damage report this is hercules new profile
incalculable strength(7/7)
godlike endurance(7/7)
superior reflexes(6/7)
superspeed(hercules have tag quicksilver before) and he has speed is(4/7)
immortality
agility (6/7)
and durability(7/7)
if you don't know already let me tell you hercules is a slightly stronger version of thor without the hammer and lightning powers and he is also a better fighter than thor and with more experience. and besides warlock hercules have also defeated the possessor an elder of the universe twice. he has also beaten the high evoluntionary at one of his more evolved form, beaten firelord who possessed the power cosmic, stalemated drax with power gem, maxam, hulk,thor, and the celestial slayer and asgardian destroyer for some time until help arrive.He have also defeated clor and masterson thor as he used the full power of the hammer. who has warpath defeated to put him in hercules league.
Are you saying that warlock , the possessor and firelord who possess cosmic level energy projection abilities are crap compare to warpath knives and what about drax knives abilities and hercules have stalemated him

llagrok
Originally posted by hunbu04
that is not even hercules profile according to civil war damage report this is hercules new profile
incalculable strength(7/7)
godlike endurance(7/7)
superior reflexes(6/7)
superspeed(hercules have tag quicksilver before) and he has speed is(4/7)
immortality
agility (6/7)
and durability(7/7)
if you don't know already let me tell you hercules is a slightly stronger version of thor without the hammer and lightning powers and he is also a better fighter than thor and with more experience. and besides warlock hercules have also defeated the possessor an elder of the universe twice. he has also beaten the high evoluntionary at one of his more evolved form, beaten firelord who possessed the power cosmic, stalemated drax with power gem, maxam, hulk,thor, and the celestial slayer and asgardian destroyer for some time until help arrive.He have also defeated clor and masterson thor as he used the full power of the hammer. who has warpath defeated to put him in hercules league.

I didn't know Hercules had Superhuman reflexes, it's been a while since they've written him like that.

There's no need to add Hercules' feats as we've all seen them and they weren't the subject that was up for debate. He has a lot of stalemating feats, not so many "winning" feats. For the record.

- Firelord possesses a fraction of the power cosmic, Spidey beat him.
- Drax only uses the power gem to enhance his strength
- He never beat Thor or Hulk
- Thor gets more than lighting powers
- High evolutionary at one of his more evolved forms? Which "form" was that and what abilities did it have?

Seeing as he actually does possess superhuman reflexes, he takes it 10/10-

hunbu04
hercules did beat masterson thor when he was possessed by Ares. And I didn't say he beat hulk I said he stalemated Hulk and for the record officially Hercules have only lost to Hulk once and that was when he was Mortal and his powers were cut in half by zeus. And hercules also beat real thor the first time they met in NYC when Odin cut thor powers in half but you don't see anyone putting that one around.

draxx_tOfU
Warpath at least 8/10

you post garbage like this on the first page then you completely turn around and say that WP would not take the solid majority but would be capable of a couple of wins...

laughing

also, WP as class 80 my ass...

laughing

you go off spouting alot of sh!t and they're from the *gasp* handbooks to boot when people ie Casanova, Artemis provide you with scans /on-panel feats...

laughing

and then you try to compare Warpath to Warlock???

laughing

roll eyes (sarcastic)

draxx_tOfU
Adam's attacks are far less ineffective against Hercules than Warpath's attacks. If Adam dodges an attack and hits Hercules it won't do too much damage. If Warpath dodges an attack, he's left with the ability to cut off a limb.

Notice the difference? Warpath has the ability to permanently sever Hercules. Remove his limbs, eyes and etc. A stab is always far more effective than a punch. There's no denying that Warpath can't dodge attacks forever, but all he needs is to dodge one attack and he's got the ability to cut loose a limb. That is, if they're bloodlusted.

just saw this...

what you're saying is beside the point...

because you really can't compare the way Warlock takes on class 100 tonners to Warpath, the difference is so way off...

1.) Warlock can amp his physical stats to match those stronger, faster, and much more durable than him. Warpath can't.

2.) Warlock's base stats are much higher than Warpath's which includes you're much touted agility and reflexes.

3.) Warlock is a much more skilled h2h fighter. When WP takes on whole fleets of warriors, goes toe to toe with a WM Thor, defeats Gamora in h2h, then call me.

4.) Warlock can harness cosmic energy, tap into the soul gem, teleport, tp, tk, matter manip. Warpath cannot.

just so you know this is not a direct overall comparison between the two, it's meant to describe that Warlock has so many more friggin options to choose from when fighting those stronger than him..

besides, what's stopping Hercules from thunderclapping WP before he gets close?

ALL characters have low showings and you seem to imply that Hercules is a lumbering bumbling dolt who doesn't know how to fight...

Hercules > Ares >>> WP

Ares is the friggin Olympian god of friggin war...

you also seem to imply that in terms of skill WP > Herc when even Thor admitted that Herc is a much more skilled h2h fighter than he is...

plus, do you really think a bloodlusted Herc would go howling back to papa in Olympus when cut? He has godlike regeneration i think and it's cut, not sever, because WP has vib. knives not vib. samurais...

what's stopping Herc from thunderclapping WP again?

snoopdogg

Adam Warlock has defeated several cosmics capable at going alot faster than Warpath can, if Hercules can defeat Warlock, he can defeat Warpath. Why is there no text in those scans? That seems out of place if you ask me.

CasanoVa
Why is there no text in those scans? That seems out of place if you ask me.

Well I don't actually know to be honest, seeing as they aren't my scans, but they're from the Avengers vs Infinity Watch fight, I checked them over on SHC and they've not been tampered with.

llagrok
you post garbage like this on the first page then you completely turn around and say that WP would not take the solid majority but would be capable of a couple of wins...

laughing

also, WP as class 80 my ass...

laughing

you go off spouting alot of sh!t and they're from the *gasp* handbooks to boot when people ie Casanova, Artemis provide you with scans /on-panel feats...

laughing

and then you try to compare Warpath to Warlock???

laughing

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Okay, listen up dur{/csm]

People are allowed to change their opinions. I'm not entirely sure where you're from, but they actually are eek!

For the record, I wasn't comparing Warlock to Warpath, but I was simply using him as an example of how speed and skill can easily overcome strength. I never once stated that Warpath was as fast or as skilled as warlock, now did I?

I did in fact not know that Hercules had superhuman speed and reflexes. I thought he was slow, which he apparently isn't. That is why I changed my opinion, simple as that.

Given Hercules' latest showings, it didn't look like he had superhuman reflexes at all. And people's powers do change, Warpath is an example of that.

Wonder Man
Warpath has been a 100toner since X-force. in X-force 14 he went toe to toe with Juggernaut who said he was just as strong as Colossus.
I don't see the difference between a 100ton god or a 100ton man in a fight unless you mean the age difference...there's a lot to be said for youth however.

snoopdogg
Warpath has been a 100toner since X-force. in X-force 14 he went toe to toe with Juggernaut who said he was just as strong as Colossus.
I don't see the difference between a 100ton god or a 100ton man in a fight unless you mean the age difference...there's a lot to be said for youth however. Warpath has never been a 100 tonner. He was class 75 at best.

His latest handbook ranking is 25 tons max. He has been officially depowered.

llagrok
I don't see the difference between a 100ton god or a 100ton man in a fight unless you mean the age difference...there's a lot to be said for youth however.

His powers have changed a lot.

After Brubaker's overhaul, he lost the ability to fly and is a lot weaker.

snoopdogg
His powers have changed a lot.

After Brubaker's overhaul, he lost the ability to fly and is a lot weaker. Bacically he's back to his normal power levels he had back in 84'.

jinzin

He can show you a picture of Herc having been downed by a BONE CLAW Logan though. no expression

Anyone trying to imply that Herc is standing up to ibranium knives backed with class 40 super strength is just using some wishful thinking here.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by jinzin
He can show you a picture of Herc having been downed by a BONE CLAW Logan though. no expression

Anyone trying to imply that Herc is standing up to ibranium knives backed with class 40 super strength is just using some wishful thinking here. Actually it's Class 25 strength at best. But you have good points.

jinzin
Originally posted by Citizen V

Well, if it's any consolation Warpath DID fight classic Juggernaught for what was later stated to be the better half of an entire evening, he stated that he hadn't even been hurt.

I don't quite agree with your logic, we haven't seen Warpath smash a baby into street pizza on panel either but that doesn't strictly rule out that he can. Beating Herc is not outside of his ability to do here.

His agility, is better than Hercs.
He's well versed in hand to hand combat and learned swordplay and martial arts from Shatterstar. His durability is high enough to take a few hits from Herc and continue to get up, and frankly he has weapons that most likely can hurt Herc. You speak of speculation (in spite of these threads being damn near entirely speculatory roll eyes (sarcastic)..), why don't you post some proof that Herc can't be cut by something as durable or damaging as vibranium knives?

jinzin
Originally posted by What If...
eek!

Idiot.

How so?

Name one feat that Namor has produced in combat that Wolverine hasn't been able to match?

Wolverine has hit Namor EVERY time they've fought except for one where he pulled his punch at the last second so he wouldn't scewer Namor and two of those time he was being mind controlled.

Call llagrok an idiot if you like, but evidence is telling me that the village wants YOU back not him.

Citizen V
Well, if it's any consolation Warpath DID fight classic Juggernaught for what was later stated to be the better half of an entire evening, he stated that he hadn't even been hurt.

I don't quite agree with your logic, we haven't seen Warpath smash a baby into street pizza on panel either but that doesn't strictly rule out that he can. Beating Herc is not outside of his ability to do here.

His agility, is better than Hercs.
He's well versed in hand to hand combat and learned swordplay and martial arts from Shatterstar. His durability is high enough to take a few hits from Herc and continue to get up, and frankly he has weapons that most likely can hurt Herc. You speak of speculation (in spite of these threads being damn near entirely speculatory roll eyes (sarcastic)..), why don't you post some proof that Herc can't be cut by something as durable or damaging as vibranium knives?

Because, I don't care enough about this match enough to bother, to be honest.

laughing out loud Yeah, vs forums really are nothing but speculation, but you get what I mean.

jinzin
Warpath has never been a 100 tonner. He was class 75 at best.

His latest handbook ranking is 25 tons max. He has been officially depowered.

Has he been depowered by anythng OTHER than the handbook?

I'll be honest, I've only seen a limited number of his recent x appearances so i don't know when thi official depowering took place, but if we're only basing his strength on the handbook.. well.....

snoopdogg
Has he been depowered by anythng OTHER than the handbook?

I'll be honest, I've only seen a limited number of his recent x appearances so i don't know when thi official depowering took place, but if we're only basing his strength on the handbook.. well..... He's also lost his ability to fly also as stated in the handbook and lack of flying and strength feats make it credible.

jinzin
Because, I don't care enough about this match enough to bother, to be honest.

Then you don't have much grounds to be criticizing him for his lack of proof pot, after all he IS only the kettle here. erm

laughing out loud Yeah, vs forums really are nothing but speculation, but you get what I mean.

I think I do, but you're trying to discredit Warpath's stated capabilities based sole on the fact that Llagrok can't post them in action. And, while handbooks are notoriously wrong, they have by and larger a tendency to no give characters enough credit as opposed to overpower them, just something to ponder.

jinzin
He's also lost his ability to fly also as stated in the handbook and lack of flying and strength feats make it credible.

So he HAS to produce feats on a regular basis to make it credible?

So if Superman doesn't produce egular heat vision feats he has no heat vision?
Okay has Warpath failed to lift something circa 50 tons or something?

snoopdogg

Okay has Warpath failed to lift something circa 50 tons or something? Are you saying Warpath is still class 75 and can fly?

snoopdogg

Okay has Warpath failed to lift something circa 50 tons or something? Well...if his handbook says he cannot and his comic showings dictate that same fact you do the math.

darthgoober

Okay has Warpath failed to lift something circa 50 tons or something?
While I'm not really an advocate of handbooks, if DC said that Superman no longer possessed heatvision in a handbook and then NEVER used it again in a comic, I'd probably take that to mean that he no longer had it.

Citizen V
Then you don't have much grounds to be criticizing him for his lack of proof pot, after all he IS only the kettle here. erm

I think I do, but you're trying to discredit Warpath's stated capabilities based sole on the fact that Llagrok can't post them in action. And, while handbooks are notoriously wrong, they have by and larger a tendency to no give characters enough credit as opposed to overpower them, just something to ponder.

Critisizing him? I wasn't, I was just saying that claims me very little without proof and then instructed him unto how to show said proof through image-hosting sites.

I would continue this, but I've had a long day at work and I can't be bothered surfing the net for scans erm, especially when neither character in this thread interests me enough to do so.

But anybody here stating that Warpath takes Hercules for 'at least' 8/10, is either crazy or stupid IMO. Hercules for a healthy majority (via experience, strength and his huge endurarance advantage), it's not like Herc's not tagged speedsters before either.

jinzin
Are you saying Warpath is still class 75 and can fly?

I'm not saying anything, I'm asking a question, where in the comics did Warpath get depowered.. I didn't see it, and the fact that a handbook states his strength is less than what it used to be is means nothing to me, the handbooks also stated friggin CYBER had less than peak human strength, I should hope I don't even need to begin to tell yo what's wrong with that.

jinzin
Well...if his handbook says he cannot and his comic showings dictate that same fact you do the math.

If his comic showings dictated the same as fact I wouldn't be asking would I?
Again, are there feats of Warpath's strength level failing?

The reason I ask is because someone said that his strength's at his classic level, but his classic level was STILL in the 70-80 range.

snoopdogg
I'm not saying anything, I'm asking a question, where in the comics did Warpath get depowered.. I didn't see it, and the fact that a handbook states his strength is less than what it used to be is means nothing to me, the handbooks also stated friggin CYBER had less than peak human strength, I should hope I don't even need to begin to tell yo what's wrong with that. His bio said his mutant nature settled to a new level.

jinzin
Originally posted by darthgoober
While I'm not really an advocate of handbooks, if DC said that Superman no longer possessed heatvision in a handbook and then NEVER used it again in a comic, I'd probably take that to mean that he no longer had it.

I'm not even arguing about flight, but his strength level.

Marvel also stated that Wolverine could be killed by having his organs removed, the same year he regrew from a skeleton in 2 pages. So Marvel handbooks DO tend to be a pain in the balls when it comes to actual character depiction.

snoopdogg
If his comic showings dictated the same as fact I wouldn't be asking would I?
Again, are there feats of Warpath's strength level failing?

The reason I ask is because someone said that his strength's at his classic level, but his classic level was STILL in the 70-80 range. Actually his classic level was 2 tons. Back in 1984.

jinzin
His bio said his mutant nature settled to a new level.

Hmm, what's happened with him since?

jinzin
Actually his classic level was 2 tons. Back in 1984.

No it wasn't.
His classic level was the same as Spiderman's, Hobgoblins, and Ghostrider's.

Featwise he overpowered Logan, and kicked strong guy around like a child.

jinzin
Critisizing him? I wasn't, I was just saying that claims me very little without proof and then instructed him unto how to show said proof through image-hosting sites.

I would continue this, but I've had a long day at work and I can't be bothered surfing the net for scans erm, especially when neither character in this thread interests me enough to do so.

But anybody here stating that Warpath takes Hercules for 'at least' 8/10, is either crazy or stupid IMO. Hercules for a healthy majority (via experience, strength and his huge endurarance advantage), it's not like Herc's not tagged speedsters before either.
Oh well maybe I just misinterpreted your posts then.

Most speedsters are able to be lead, that's why Gambit can tag Quicksilver but DD dances circles around the man, but I wouldn't say WP is anywhere near a speedster, I agree that Herc takes the Majority though.

snoopdogg
No it wasn't.
His classic level was the same as Spiderman's, Hobgoblins, and Ghostrider's.

Featwise he overpowered Logan, and kicked strong guy around like a child. Yea it was. 2 tons level right here at his classic level as I stated earlier.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/3097znl.jpg

2 tons is more than enough to overpower Logan considering he's 800lbs. and by the time he beat Strong Guy he was at Class 75.

jinzin
Yea it was. 2 tons level right here at his classic level as I stated earlier.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/3097znl.jpg

2 tons is more than enough to overpower Logan considering he's 800lbs. and by the time he beat Strong Guy he was at Class 75.

Logan is NOWHERE NEAR AN 800 POUND LIMIT. no expression

Have you even SEEN half of his strength feats?

and, I don't see Cyber on that list, besides you're missing the point, stats don't make a character, it's the other way around.

snoopdogg
Logan is NOWHERE NEAR AN 800 POUND LIMIT. no expression

Have you even SEEN half of his strength feats?

and, I don't see Cyber on that list, besides you're missing the point, stats don't make a character, it's the other way around. All guys lift more than their handbooks state, that's the norm. But a guy who can lift 2 tons is going to be stronger than a guy who can lift 800lbs.

That list is from 1985 to Cyber would not be on it. WP came out in 1984.

jinzin
All guys lift more than their handbooks state, that's the norm. which is the point of why I brought cyber up in the first place.

If the only credibility to saying warpath's strength level is at some 25 ton mark comes from the handbook, it's not strictly valid. erm

draxx_tOfU
Okay, listen up dur{/csm]

People are allowed to change their opinions. I'm not entirely sure where you're from, but they actually are eek!

lol, Then don't tell people "what the f*ck are you reading, seriously", they state their opinion, ie WP as class 25-40 as opposed to your fountain of handbook knowledge that he's class 80. If you only didn't come off as arrogant in page 1, i would've actually just shook my head at your bastion-esque attitude...

I get what you mean, really, but Adam has plot devices to take on enemies and he usually incorporates it in his fights , not just speed and skill. Now, if he exclusively used h2h, then it would be a good example, but he doesn't...

thumb up

Nobody claimed Herc has superhuman reflexes. And judging a character solely on his latest showings isn't wise...

confused

Exactly what we've been trying to tell you since page 1...

draxx_tOfU
Actually his classic level was 2 tons. Back in 1984.

dayum, that is a serious power flux...

Of the X-bricks back in the mid 90's, his powerset was similar to Capt. Britain and was in a cooler team (Cable led X-Force > Excalibur imo). Guido, to me, had the least charisma...

JasonK4
bump

snoopdogg
which is the point of why I brought cyber up in the first place.

If the only credibility to saying warpath's strength level is at some 25 ton mark comes from the handbook, it's not strictly valid. erm In Uncanny X-Men #489 Warpath barely lifted a small chunk of concrete and he even had help. It's safe to say 25 tons is too much. I'd say he's back to his 2 ton level.

severance
Hercules 100 level means incalcuable strength. Whether its 25t or 80 t it is very calcuable.
Warpath has vibranium daggers woo hoo. Herc has a mace of adamant (the real stuff that adamantium is named after). Not that he needs it. Herc is an excellent fighter thousands of years of experience. if he enters fight with the hulk smash technique it is simply down to his confidence and arrogance at best or just plain and simple pis. When the depowered Herc fought Hulk he held his own (for a while at least on sheer wrestling skill)

Herc for the wi 10/10 end of
blowup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.