KC Gog vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Since some believe Gog beats GDS DS, How does he do against the Mad titan? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos
Gog. Without too much trouble.

Galan007
KC/ Gog, was a weak shell of what he was during "The Kingdom".

And since you specified that this is in fact KC Gog.... Thanos would take this easily. smile

Now if you really meant Gog from "The Kingdom", then he would defeat Thanos effortlessly.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Galan007

And since you specified that this is in fact KC Gog.... Thanos would take this easily. smile

Now if you really meant Gog from "The Kingdom", then he would defeat Thanos effortlessly.
laughing Just watch, now nvr will make a "Gog from The Kingdom vs Thanos" thread, or change the stipulations of this thread.

guy222
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Since some believe Gog beats GDS DS, How does he do against the Mad titan? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanos FTW

cyber tuff guy!
Kingdom come was Magog anyway, Gog was in the Kingdom.

Symmetric Chaos

God didn't exist in KC. All that was there was the emo Mangog.

It's still the KC universe so I think you know what he means.

Galan007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

It's still the KC universe so I think you know what he means. "The Kingdom" was solely a DC publication,

While "Kingdom Come" was solely an Elseworlds publication. smile

And though they are both linked through H-Time.... One version was specified, while another version was not.

Sure I may know what he meant, but one could easily break it down like that. smile

Symmetric Chaos
Not really.

If you want to break it down like that, I could go so far as to say that "The Kingdom" was solely a DC publication,

And though they are both linked through H-Time.... One version was specified, while another version was not.

confused But Gog actually didn't exist at any point in KingdomCome. So you'd have to jump to the next closest thing (ie TheKingdom) and go off that version.

Unless you want to say that Thanos wins because, per extremely strict interpretation of the thread title, he has no opponent.

cyber tuff guy!
"The Kingdom" was solely a DC publication,

Sure I may know what he meant, but one could easily break it down like that. smile

Elseworlds are a DC imprint, hence the 95 Annuals which were all elseworlds tales.

Galan007
confused But Gog actually didn't exist at any point in KingdomCome. So you'd have to jump to the next closest thing (ie TheKingdom) and go off that version.

Unless you want to say that Thanos wins because, per extremely strict interpretation of the thread title, he has no opponent. Gog = Magog in a divergent timeline. confused

You need only look at their previous actions to realize this fact.

cyber tuff guy!
Gog = Magog in a divergent timeline. confused

No Gog wasn't. Gog lost his family in the Kansas disaster.

Symmetric Chaos
Gog = Magog in a divergent timeline. confused

What?

Mangog caused Kansas to blow up.
Gog was the only survivor.

I'm afraid I don't follow.

Galan007
Originally posted by cyber tuff guy!
Elseworlds are a DC imprint I understand this.

But Vertigo is also a DC imprint, but still very different from the mainstream DCU. .

Superherovandal
Gog murders Thanos.

cyber tuff guy!

grey fox
There are two gogs.

Mangog - A reckless hero whom accidentaly caused Kansas to be turned into a radioactive hellhole (he's Kingdom Come)

Gog - A survivor of the Kansas disaster who eventually kills Supes, goes back in time and does it again ect.

cyber tuff guy!
Kingdom come was Magog anyway, Gog was in the Kingdom.

It's still the KC universe so I think you know what he means.

Originally posted by grey fox
There are two gogs.

Mangog - A reckless hero whom accidentaly caused Kansas to be turned into a radioactive hellhole (he's Kingdom Come)

Gog - A survivor of the Kansas disaster who eventually kills Supes, goes back in time and does it again ect. So it appears thumb upOriginally posted by cyber tuff guy!
No Gog wasn't. Gog lost his family in the Kansas disaster.

What?

Mangog caused Kansas to blow up.
Gog was the only survivor.

I'm afraid I don't follow.

Galan007
Originally posted by grey fox
There are two gogs.

Gog - A survivor of the Kansas disaster who eventually kills Supes, goes back in time and does it again ect. One could kill various Supermen with a gesture...

One could not.

nvrbeenwthagirl

IT's one story arc. He's the same guy as far as I'm concerned. And as far as I"m concerened. The battle could go either way.

cyber tuff guy!
IT's one story arc. He's the same guy as far as I'm concerned. And as far as I"m concerened. The battle could go either way.

No it isn't and he isn't

One could kill various Supermen with a gesture...

One could not.

One could kill myx with a gesture, the other gave Superman his best shot and merely pushed him back. Although Supes was so hot he told Wonderwoman not to touch him.

Galan007
One could kill myx with a gesture, If by kill, you mean Mxy had to return back to the 5th dimension because of the hole Gog blasted in his gut.... I agree. smile

Galan007
IT's one story arc. He's the same guy as far as I'm concerned. And as far as I"m concerened. The battle could go either way. Gog from 'The Kingdom' would destroy Thanos effortlessly.

nvrbeenwthagirl
If by kill, you mean Mxy had to return back to the 5th dimension because of the hole Gog blasted in his gut.... I agree. smile

Yeah. Mxy has been banned from Death by Mike Carlin.

cyber tuff guy!
If by kill, you mean Mxy had to return back to the 5th dimension because of the hole Gog blasted in his gut.... I agree. smile

I do indeed and as far as that reality goes Mys died we see him fall over after the hole is blasted as I remember it's years since I read it, we don't see him return.

Superherovandal
yeah you really don't kill Mxy. He just disappears for a while to come back later.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No it isn't and he isn't

One could kill myx with a gesture, the other gave Superman his best shot and merely pushed him back. Although Supes was so hot he told Wonderwoman not to touch him.

It's kind of confusing. I have to reread. ONe version in the kingdom Come was the gy who destroyed captain atom and cracked his previously uncrackable shell. The other was the five God powered one. And If i'm not mistaken, the lord of Hypertime is some alterversion of Gog right? It's been a long time. Help me out. I cna't remember all the details. I read the Kingdome come like ten years ago I think lol.

cyber tuff guy!
Originally posted by Superherovandal
yeah you really don't kill Mxy. He just disappears for a while to come back later.

As far as Gog is concerned nothing is certain. Remember he killed Superman hundreds of times more than Doomsday.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I do indeed and as far as that reality goes Mys died we see him fall over after the hole is blasted as I remember it's years since I read it, we don't see him return.

Only one Mxy.

cyber tuff guy!
It's kind of confusing. I have to reread. ONe version in the kingdom Come was the gy who destroyed captain atom and cracked his previously uncrackable shell. The other was the five God powered one. And If i'm not mistaken, the lord of Hypertime is some alterversion of Gog right? It's been a long time. Help me out. I cna't remember all the details. I read the Kingdome come like ten years ago I think lol.

Yes Mangog and the two Gogs are seperate from each other. The first Gog from Kingdom also used Hypertime hence how he kept killing Superman without rupturing Space/Time. Mangog never had an Origin. Gog Wars had a grudge.

Galan007
I do indeed and as far as that reality goes Mys died we see him fall over after the hole is blasted as I remember it's years since I read it, we don't see him return. Mxy uttered his name backwards before he hit the ground.

Just because he didn't return, doesn't mean that blast killed him.

It reminds me of the Ruin incident.

cyber tuff guy!
Only one Mxy.

Not in Hypertime. Hence all the different versions of Supes and the ending when you realise the Byrne Era is Over and if we want a space faring Superman we'll get one.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes Mangog and the two Gogs are seperate from each other. The first Gog from Kingdom also used Hypertime hence how he kept killing Superman without rupturing Space/Time. Mangog never had an Origin. Gog Wars had a grudge.

OK so why do I keep remembering Clark and Diana's son as Gog. Like he was stolen as a baby and turned into Gog or magog. DIdn't Gog take him and train him to be magog or something like that. I know something linked the first story and the 2nd together. I have a headache trying to remember.

cyber tuff guy!
Mxy uttered his name backwards before he hit the ground.

Just because he didn't return, doesn't mean that blast killed him.

Although that's how the writer wanted us to interpret it.

Galan007
Although that's how the writer wanted us to interpret it. In your opinion.

Not in mine. smile

I personally don't think the writers ever want us to believe Mxy can die. smile

cyber tuff guy!
OK so why do I keep remembering Clark and Diana's son as Gog. Like he was stolen as a baby and turned into Gog or magog. DIdn't Gog take him and train him to be magog or something like that. I know something linked the first story and the 2nd together. I have a headache trying to remember.

No the son just had the power of Hypertime, Gog kidnapped him yes, but he was retrieved. His adult form we thought was Rip Hunter most of the story.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Not in Hypertime. Hence all the different versions of Supes and the ending when you realise the Byrne Era is Over and if we want a space faring Superman we'll get one.

nah. still only one mxy. too much evidence shows that there is currently one mxy.

cyber tuff guy!
In your opinion.

Not in mine. smile

I personally don't think the writers ever interpret us to believe Mxy can die. smile

I think it depends on the writer. DC was very different at the time. Remember Hypertime was to complex for other writers and I admit most of us readers to get our hears round. What was Waid up to. The Kingdom was an awful series.

Galan007
The Kingdom was an awful series. You think so?

I rather enjoyed it. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Mxy cannot Die. He tried to commit Suicide. He made a Doomsday more powerful than any version and when it "killed" him, he pierced the 4th viel and met God. Who happend to be Mike Carlin, the editor of the superman books. Mike banned him from death and sent him back.

cyber tuff guy!
nah. still only one mxy. too much evidence shows that there is currently one mxy.

This wasn't current though was it. This was Hypertime.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You think so?

I did too. I think it was genious. I enjoyed the Kingdom tie ins as well in Superboy and Flash. I like how Starman was shunted back into the kingdom universe and he recalls it in JSA. that is some wicked retconning going on there.

cyber tuff guy!
You think so?

Kingdom Come was superb. As a follow up the Kingdom really was shit. It's like the Marvel tales, Blockbuster follow ups in the same format to Marvels. Poor compared to the originals.

Galan007
This wasn't current though was it. This was Hypertime. Doesn't mean there's more than 1 Mxy though.

nvrbeenwthagirl
This wasn't current though was it. This was Hypertime.

IN an elseworlds story, made valid by hypertime, Mxy destroys everything and multiverses as well as the megaverse of hypertime(the kingdom). He fights the spectre, who we know there is only one. Mxy talks about how he must watch over infinite superman and batmen. There is only one mxy. All alternate versions were destroyed by the crisis and there was only the prime mxy and 5th left.

Galan007
Kingdom Come was superb. As a follow up the Kingdom really was shit. It's like the Marvel tales, Blockbuster follow ups in the same format to Marvels. Poor compared to the originals. You can't compare many titles to 'KC'... It doesn't get much better then that.

But if you just look at Kingdom itself, without looking at it's 'big brother' so to speak, it was really good imo.

Mainly because of the revolutionary ideas it produced.

cyber tuff guy!
Doesn't mean there's more than 1 Mxy though.

Actually the whole point of hypertime was to show all the versions of all the characters exist. In the same way the planetary/ Batman crossover did 9which used a version of hypertime) that includes things like the Cartoon versions of the characters. The whole point of Hypertime was it was all down to the writer. You can't have missed that. Waid has discussed it many times.

Galan007
Actually the whole point of hypertime was to show all the versions of all the characters exist. In the same way the planetary/ Batman crossover did 9which used a version of hypertime) that includes things like the Cartoon versions of the characters. The whole point of Hypertime was it was all down to the writer. You can't have missed that. Waid has discussed it many times. So you believe there are an infinite amount of 5th dimensions? confused

cyber tuff guy!
You can't compare many titles to 'KC'... It doesn't get much better then that.

But if you just look at Kingdom itself, without looking at it's 'big brother' so to speak, it was really good imo.

Mainly because of the revolutionary ideas it produced.

Few titles match KC (although I can think of half a dozen better off the top of my head) and without the Ross input it was bound to be a dissapointment.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Actually the whole point of hypertime was to show all the versions of all the characters exist. In the same way the planetary/ Batman crossover did 9which used a version of hypertime) that includes things like the Cartoon versions of the characters. The whole point of Hypertime was it was all down to the writer. You can't have missed that. Waid has discussed it many times.

There is only ONE mxy. Superman Batman shows how mxy watches ALL those versions of Superman and Batman. MXy destroys everything, and fights the spectre. had there been other versions, they would have stopped or fought mxy. Evidence points to one version. Any animated version would simply be an aspect of the real one as cartoons and such are kinda loopy.

cyber tuff guy!
So you believe there are an infinite amount of 5th dimensions? confused

This was the point of Hypertime it wasn't about comic dimensions or applying real Science to comics, it was saying whatever the writer wanted was the reality. Be it Superman and Myx from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's or anywhere else and any Genre they were all still out there. Hypertime was not about dimensions it was about the reality of imagination which is not bound by physics. Of course in comics more than one 5th dimension exists, it depends how the writer interprets the term fifth dimension. It's not all about "Flatland".

nvrbeenwthagirl
This was the point of Hypertime it wasn't about comic dimensions or applying real Science to comics, it was saying whatever the writer wanted was the reality. Be it Superman and Myx from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's or anywhere else and any Genre they were all still out there. Hypertime was not about dimensions it was about the reality of imagination which is not bound by physics. Of course in comics more than one 5th dimension exists, it depends how the writer interprets the term fifth dimension. It's not all about "Flatland".

Um no. There is only one 5th dimension. Let me explain. There is only alternate realities of the 3rd dimension in the positive. THere is only one Antimatter reality that matches all the alters. There is also only one 4th world, and one 5th. There is only one 5th and one mxy. The evidence lends itself to this. Any other version that an author might show, would be an aspect of the mxy prime. Or some other" imp". and it's not a stretch to say mxy plays in every dimension. Especially since he can destroy all of them and put them all back as if nothing happened. He already has shown that the dimensional barriers mean nothing to him. He skips thru megaverses with ease and pulls alterversions of Superman and batman out of his hat when the multiverse had just been destroyed once again by A. Luthor.

cyber tuff guy!
Um no. There is only one 5th dimension. Let me explain. There is only alternate realities of the 3rd dimension in the positive. THere is only one Antimatter reality that matches all the alters. There is also only one 4th world, and one 5th. There is only one 5th and one mxy. The evidence lends itself to this. Any other version that an author might show, would be an aspect of the mxy prime. Or some other" imp". and it's not a stretch to say mxy plays in every dimension. Especially since he can destroy all of them and put them all back as if nothing happened. He already has shown that the dimensional barriers mean nothing to him. He skips thru megaverses with ease and pulls alterversions of Superman and batman out of his hat when the multiverse had just been destroyed once again by A. Luthor.

You misunderstand what Hypertime was about. It was saying all versions are real Waid has talked about it many times. In Physics only one fifth dimension exists. In comics you can have whatever you want aaccording to Hypertime. It's about all versions being valid and no canon overidding another. I thought everyone got that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertime

nvrbeenwthagirl
You misunderstand what Hypertime was about. It was saying all versions are real Waid has talked about it many times. In Physics only one fifth dimension exists. In comics you can have whatever you want aaccording to Hypertime. It's about all versions being valid and no canon overidding another. I thought everyone got that.

Um, I have been the hypertime town cryer for some time. I know what hypertime is. And what waid and grant meant for it to be. It's been changed some. IC retconned it into something other than what waid meant for it to be. As shown in the world's funnest, the DCU animated multiverse was a seperate reality from the Hypertime(kingdom) megaverse. I thought everyone got that. Evidence shows that there is only ONE mxy. Unless you think that dc has an infinite amount of beings capable of destroying existance and bitching the spectre.

cyber tuff guy!
Um, I have been the hypertime town cryer for some time. I know what hypertime is. And what waid and grant meant for it to be. It's been changed some. IC retconned it into something other than what waid meant for it to be. As shown in the world's funnest, the DCU animated multiverse was a seperate reality from the Hypertime(kingdom) megaverse. I thought everyone got that. Evidence shows that there is only ONE mxy. Unless you think that dc has an infinite amount of beings capable of destroying existance and bitching the spectre.

So you're telling me the Myx from Smallville who was not 5th dimensional is the same Myx from the 1950's who is the same myx as now. They are all valid in Hypertime. You are still talking about the present continuity being the one version. This is not what Hypertime is about. That's why if Waid want's him dead in a story he can be.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So you're telling me the Myx from Smallville who was not 5th dimensional is the same Myx from the 1950's who is the same myx as now. They are all valid in Hypertime. You are still talking about the present continuity being the one version. This is not what Hypertime is about. That's why if Waid want's him dead in a story he can be.

Hypertime as it is now, hasn't shown Smallville or the cartoons as part of it. Hypertime is several mutliverses, but to my knowlege not any of the animated ones or small ville. As I said before, Mxy can be many beings at once. Just look at the mxy twins. Each as powerful as the original yet split. Batmite is an aspect of mxy, yet seperate and acting of it's own accord. There is only One mxy. Waid's version of the kingdom is not the same as the kingdom that exist today.

cyber tuff guy!
Hypertime as it is now, hasn't shown Smallville or the cartoons as part of it. Hypertime is several mutliverses, but to my knowlege not any of the animated ones or small ville. As I said before, Mxy can be many beings at once. Just look at the mxy twins. Each as powerful as the original yet split. Batmite is an aspect of mxy, yet seperate and acting of it's own accord. There is only One mxy. Waid's version of the kingdom is not the same as the kingdom that exist today.

Mark Waid from Wizard and quoted in Wiki; "It's all true ." It presumes that all of the stories ever told about (for example) Superman are equally valid stories. Despite overt contradictions between the versions of the character (and his adventures, supporting characters, and setting) that appeared in the late 1930s and 1940s comics by Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel, portrayed by George Reeves in the 1950s TV series, depicted in 1960s and 1970s comics drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger or Curt Swan, portrayed by Christopher Reeve in the 1978 movie and its sequels, written and illustrated by John Byrne in the late 1980s, portrayed by Dean Cain in the 1990s TV series Lois and Clark, portrayed by Tom Welling in the 2000s TV series Smallville, or portrayed by Brandon Routh in the 2006 movie, no one of these versions supersedes any other as canon. This was a repudiation of the prevailing approach to continuity in superhero comics, in which only the currently-used version is considered valid, rendering prior stories which are inconsistent with this continuity officially apocryphal.

Nuff Said!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Mark Waid from Wizard and quoted in Wiki; "It's all true ." It presumes that all of the stories ever told about (for example) Superman are equally valid stories. Despite overt contradictions between the versions of the character (and his adventures, supporting characters, and setting) that appeared in the late 1930s and 1940s comics by Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel, portrayed by George Reeves in the 1950s TV series, depicted in 1960s and 1970s comics drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger or Curt Swan, portrayed by Christopher Reeve in the 1978 movie and its sequels, written and illustrated by John Byrne in the late 1980s, portrayed by Dean Cain in the 1990s TV series Lois and Clark, portrayed by Tom Welling in the 2000s TV series Smallville, or portrayed by Brandon Routh in the 2006 movie, no one of these versions supersedes any other as canon. This was a repudiation of the prevailing approach to continuity in superhero comics, in which only the currently-used version is considered valid, rendering prior stories which are inconsistent with this continuity officially apocryphal.

Nuff Said!

First off, YOur using wiki, while i"m citing what has happened in comics. You are also using a quote from Mark Waid from YEARS ago. Nuff said. I have already said that the Kingdom was retconned as of IC.

cyber tuff guy!
First off, YOur using wiki, while i"m citing what has happened in comics. You are also using a quote from Mark Waid from YEARS ago. Nuff said. I have already said that the Kingdom was retconned as of IC.

It's you're not your (not being a grammar Nazi, but that one annoys me)

We are talking about an event from years ago in the story where Hypertime was introduced. Although Hypertime was mentioned in Infinite Crisis although it seems an out of fashion idea.
Everyone who knows comics knows what Hypertime is.

http://roar-of-comics.blogspot.com/2006/07/ahead-of-its-time.html

The first is that it included EVERYTHING. Every imaginary story, every Elseworlds, every movie, musical, every possible appearance by anyone anywhere. Presumably, this also included works that DIDN'T involve DC characters directly, like comics published by Marvel and Dark Horse. It certainly included comics published by Wildstorm, which DC Comics purchased the same year Hypertime was introduced. DC Editor Mike McAvennie once described it to me as "All stories are equally imaginary."

The second difference was that, rather than parallel Earths, the different worlds crisscrossed all the time, feeding into each other. So if, say, Smallville introduced a Lex Luthor who grew up in Smallville, yes, suddenly the DC Universe Lex Luthor had a childhood in Smallville as well. Under the old version, the Smallville Lex would have had to literally tear open a hole in the fabric of time and space and take the non-Smallville Luthor's place in order for that to occur. Under Hypertime, that changed history just sort of happens.

On the macroscale, it meant that any story, anywhere, COULD be an in continuity story for any one particular issue of, say, Impulse. Even if it's a fifty year old comic, or published by the Marvelous competition, or if it's a 19th century proto-horror novel. On the microscale, it means that every individual issue is a current within the main stream, which may or may not affect the other currents. After all, as Kurt Busiek once said, "they're all fairy tales we pretend take place in the same world because it's more fun that way."

cyber tuff guy!
Let's leave the last word to Waid!

"As Grant and I explained to the powers that be, as far as we're concerned, it's ABSOLUTELY NOT just some cheap device with which I can go tell Krypto the Super-Dog stories next month. I have no interest in that anymore. The entire rationale behind Hypertime was simply to once more throw open the doors at DC, to remind readers that continuity should follow stories, not vice-versa, and that the DCU should be a place where ANYTHING can happen. We're especially proud about the structure of Hypertime--that is to say, if you want to use it, you can, but if you're a creator or editor offended by it, that's fine, too, YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT. It's there as a tool, NOT AS A RULE." (quoted from Bruce Bachand's interview with Mark Waid, Jan. '99 *see www.fanzing.com for the complete interview).

nvrbeenwthagirl
Let's leave the last word to Waid!

"As Grant and I explained to the powers that be, as far as we're concerned, it's ABSOLUTELY NOT just some cheap device with which I can go tell Krypto the Super-Dog stories next month. I have no interest in that anymore. The entire rationale behind Hypertime was simply to once more throw open the doors at DC, to remind readers that continuity should follow stories, not vice-versa, and that the DCU should be a place where ANYTHING can happen. We're especially proud about the structure of Hypertime--that is to say, if you want to use it, you can, but if you're a creator or editor offended by it, that's fine, too, YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT. It's there as a tool, NOT AS A RULE." (quoted from Bruce Bachand's interview with Mark Waid, Jan. '99 *see www.fanzing.com for the complete interview).

The last word isn't left up to waid. Or Grant morrison. It's left up to the editors and powers that be and the current writers. Currently Hypertime is the megaverse that holds several multiverses. It's not waid's explaination.

cyber tuff guy!
The last word isn't left up to waid. Or Grant morrison. It's left up to the editors and powers that be and the current writers. Currently Hypertime is the megaverse that holds several multiverses. It's not waid's explaination.

Currently Hypertime may or may not exist. What's your point? The story we are talking about is the one it was introduced in and no, Waid and Morrison invented Hypertime. So there opinion counts more than yours or mine.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Currently Hypertime may or may not exist. What's your point? The story we are talking about is the one it was introduced in and no, Waid and Morrison invented Hypertime. So there opinion counts more than yours or mine.

Hypertime exist. I'm telling you how it exist. YOu aren't listening to me. It's been retconned via IC. Just listen. And it doesn't matter that waid and morrison invented it. Hell stan lee invented spiderman and the avengers. You think he has any say over a marvel property? NOT. The editors and current writers acting under editorial direction have the say.

cyber tuff guy!
Hypertime exist. I'm telling you how it exist. YOu aren't listening to me. It's been retconned via IC. Just listen. And it doesn't matter that waid and morrison invented it. Hell stan lee invented spiderman and the avengers. You think he has any say over a marvel property? NOT. The editors and current writers acting under editorial direction have the say.

I barely understand your post. I can't listen online. Please don't get so emotional.

Waid again

nvrbeenwthagirl
I barely understand your post. I can't listen online. Please don't get so emotional.

Waid again

I know what thier intentions for Hypertime were. I also know that Jack kirby meant for DS to be equal to Galactus. Now DS has ****ed that up. I liked Waids hypertime. But as it stands, That is not how it's portraid. They even retconned the guardian of Hypertime from Clark and Diana's son to waverider being the guardian.

cyber tuff guy!
I know what thier intentions for Hypertime were. I also know that Jack kirby meant for DS to be equal to Galactus. Now DS has ****ed that up. I liked Waids hypertime. But as it stands, That is not how it's portraid. They even retconned the guardian of Hypertime from Clark and Diana's son to waverider being the guardian.

Then you know in Waids hypertime multiple examples of all characters exist and anything is possible.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Then you know in Waids hypertime multiple examples of all characters exist and anything is possible.

In waids hypertime, yes. But via retcon AND world's funnest, it isn't possible. one mxy shouldn't be able to destroy all the rest. The only explaination is that there is one mxy who operates as he has been portrayed, as a multiple entity able to be in several places at once acting independantly of the main one. Or else it's just a big mess of continuity garble.

cyber tuff guy!
In waids hypertime, yes. But via retcon AND world's funnest, it isn't possible. one mxy shouldn't be able to destroy all the rest. The only explaination is that there is one mxy who operates as he has been portrayed, as a multiple entity able to be in several places at once acting independantly of the main one. Or else it's just a big mess of continuity garble.

We are talking about events in the book that introduced Waids Hypertime. At that point anything was possible.

nvrbeenwthagirl
We are talking about events in the book that introduced Waids Hypertime. At that point anything was possible.

I have to check when World's funnest came out and when Hypertime came out. If World's funnest came out first, It just isn't possible for there to be more than one at that time. And all the other mxy's got wiped out during COIE. I"m kinda glad DC got some control over Hypertime. It could get out of hand and be really a mess. So what do you think about the new Megaverse DC has that is the multiverse of 52. Each universe having infinite shifts and thus alternate timelines all thier own. I smell confusion in the air again if they dont' get it together.

cyber tuff guy!
I have to check when World's funnest came out and when Hypertime came out. If World's funnest came out first, It just isn't possible for there to be more than one at that time. And all the other mxy's got wiped out during COIE. I"m kinda glad DC got some control over Hypertime. It could get out of hand and be really a mess. So what do you think about the new Megaverse DC has that is the multiverse of 52. Each universe having infinite shifts and thus alternate timelines all thier own. I smell confusion in the air again if they dont' get it together.

Of course it's possible Hypertime was something no one knew about. It was the "best kept secret". I think the new system is goig to be retconned in the new Crisis coming up. Goodnight my friend.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Of course it's possible Hypertime was something no one knew about. It was the "best kept secret". I think the new system is goig to be retconned in the new Crisis coming up. Goodnight my friend.
Your right. It has been there forever. I dont' think 52 is going to be retconned. The next crisis will be the death of the New Gods probably and some other thing they are keeping in secret.

Galan007
Hypertime is still canonical.

Waverider was referred to as "the seer of Hypertime", in an issue of 52:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hypertime.jpg

Superherovandal
i thought Waverider didn't believe in divergent realities.

Symmetric Chaos
i thought Waverider didn't believe in divergent realities.

In TheKingdom RipHunter mentions that the linear men don't want to admit the existence of other time lines but do know about them.

quanchi112

Now if you really meant Gog from "The Kingdom", then he would defeat Thanos effortlessly. yes gog from kingdom come gets raped by thanos. thanos for the win all day and all night. laughing

quanchi112
Your right. It has been there forever. I dont' think 52 is going to be retconned. The next crisis will be the death of the New Gods probably and some other thing they are keeping in secret. on the death of the new gods, oh i cant wait to read that...sounds so juicy. laughing laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
on the death of the new gods, oh i cant wait to read that...sounds so juicy. laughing laughing

They have outsurvived Thanos. Who has been dead for months now.

quanchi112
They have outsurvived Thanos. Who has been dead for months now. thanos has done more than all ur paltry new gods comibine. so i care not. thanos will return anyways. hes done more than all ur new gods combined. laughing laughing laughing

Symmetric Chaos
thanos has done more than all ur paltry new gods comibine.

Unmake and remake the universe with just some tech that was lying around?

Don't think Thanos has anything even close to that.

quanchi112
Unmake and remake the universe with just some tech that was lying around?

Don't think Thanos has anything even close to that. whoopty freaking do. a reboot, thanos has deafted the abstratcs and become the supreme being how many times. oh yeah but the genesis box, whoopty freaking doo. laughing

Symmetric Chaos
whoopty freaking do. a reboot, thanos has deafted the abstratcs and become the supreme being how many times.

Twice. And he had to go pretty far out of his way to do it.

oh yeah but the genesis box, whoopty freaking doo. laughing

Poor quanchi, you just can't accept that NewGods actually have that stuff lying around.

quanchi112
Twice. And he had to go pretty far out of his way to do it.

Poor quanchi, you just can't accept that NewGods actually have that stuff lying around. no poor ds. hell never win becuz of the genesis box. thats sad. laughing

Mider999
what are you all rambling about? Gog would win this fight he was given both power and knowledge from the quintessance not just powers like when he made that bomb to recreate kryptons destruction.

quanchi112
this is from kingdom come not kingdom. read the thread. thanos wins.

Superherovandal
you do know there was no gog from kingdom come. so thanos wouldn't face anyone at all. but if he means the gog from that universe or the one in Kingdomthen Gog slaughters Thanos.

quanchi112
you do know there was no gog from kingdom come. so thanos wouldn't face anyone at all. but if he means the gog from that universe or the one in Kingdomthen Gog slaughters Thanos. i took it as magog. he said kingdom come.

Superherovandal
yeah but magog isn't stated its gog. big difference. Magog has no real feats besides failing to effect a souped up supes. Gog however went through all of the KC universe like nothing, faced heroes with a bunch of powerful artifacts and he still had the better of them. He'd win.

quanchi112
yeah but magog isn't stated its gog. big difference. Magog has no real feats besides failing to effect a souped up supes. Gog however went through all of the KC universe like nothing, faced heroes with a bunch of powerful artifacts and he still had the better of them. He'd win. its stated specifically from kingdom come. thanos wins this. sorry it kingdom come. he forgot the ma laughing

Superherovandal
well actually its closer to Gog from than Magog as Gog came from KC. Now you are just trying to find a way for Thanos to win. Gog would beat Thanos. Magog wouldn't. however this thread says Gog and as Gog's origin is in KC its that rather than Magog so you can stop your laughter and stop acting like you just did something clever.

quanchi112
well actually its closer to Gog from than Magog as Gog came from KC. Now you are just trying to find a way for Thanos to win. Gog would beat Thanos. Magog wouldn't. however this thread says Gog and as Gog's origin is in KC its that rather than Magog so you can stop your laughter and stop acting like you just did something clever. this thread says kingdom come. sorry but i think he means magog. i go with thanos on this one.

Superherovandal
why don't you ask him then?

quanchi112
why don't you ask him then? do u want my opinion on thanos vs gog from kingdom? if so just ask me and i ll tell u what i think.

Superherovandal
ok then whats your opinion on that?

quanchi112
ok then whats your opinion on that? gog wins. thanos would need prep.

Tony Stark
Gog murders Thanos.

laughing

confused

laughing

Not a chance in HELL does Gog beat THANOS...

THANOS wins 10/10

Merlyn
Thanos has no chance against Gog from the kingdom. erm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Not a chance in HELL does Gog beat THANOS...

THANOS wins 10/10

So did you not read TheKingdom or are you thinking of the guy in the main time line?

Merlyn
So did you not read TheKingdom or are you thinking of the guy in the main time line? He's probably thinking of Magog, .

At least I hope to God he is. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Merlyn
Thanos has no chance against Gog from the kingdom. erm thanos with prep could win. but straight up thanos couldnt match up with gog. hed put up a helluva fight.

Merlyn
hed put up a helluva fight. Without prep, Thanos is a flea in comparison to Gog. erm

Superherovandal
thanos with prep could win. but straight up thanos couldnt match up with gog. hed put up a helluva fight. stop freakin' saying prep. it doesn't say he has prep. So that has no bearing on this thread. and Gog would own Thanos.

quanchi112
stop freakin' saying prep. it doesn't say he has prep. So that has no bearing on this thread. and Gog would own Thanos. i said without prep thanos would lose. so back off. mad

Mider999
stop fighting people its just a damn thread. anyway yeah gog wins to much power and versatility for thanos.

quanchi112
Without prep, Thanos is a flea in comparison to Gog. erm u exaggerate bigtime.

Merlyn
u exaggerate bigtime. With a single blast, Gog actually hurt Mxy so badly, that he had to revert back to the 5th dimension, .

If you think Thanos could do the same....... You're an idiot. doped

quanchi112
With a single blast, Gog actually hurt Mxy so badly, that he had to revert back to the 5th dimension, .

If you think Thanos could do the same....... You're an idiot. doped i do see this as showing how weak mxy can be. but u also have to take into consideration that thanos stood up to tyrant. i see tyrant as beating gog. thanos wouldnt be one shotted. hes not fighting a galactus like being.

Merlyn
i do see this as showing how weak mxy can be. Mxy has never been shown as 'weak'. roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Mxy has never been shown as 'weak'. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I agree. I also know that Mxy was banned from Death by Mike Carlin. So I don't know which happened first, Kingdom or Death of Mxy.

quanchi112
Mxy has never been shown as 'weak'. roll eyes (sarcastic) this showing made him look weak in terms of how he i usually shown. i dont think gog could beat mxy so he has no business shooting thorugh him like nothing. but it happened and it counts in this storyline. gog was uber i dont deny it. if he is allowed quitessence i only feel its fair to give thanos the ig. lets see who wins with these powerups. big grin

Mider999
where is it written that the quintessance equals the IG thus this is not a fair fight you dont know what your talking about

if ganthet had the entire power of the GL battery and perhaps the imagination of kyle rayner THEN perhaps he'd be a match for the IG i think so

if this was shazam with all magic in its entirity on his side vs the IG once again FAR more fair

if this was DC zues with the entire power of the godwave then it wouldnt even be a fight IG would lose hands down

highfather same thing as with DC zues

phantom stranger he's like an angel right so that would mean to make this fair youd have to give him the entire power of DC heaven wow your just..........wow man this guy thinks four or five skyfathers=the IG just WOW

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mider999
where is it written that the quintessance equals the IG thus this is not a fair fight you dont know what your talking about

if ganthet had the entire power of the GL battery and perhaps the imagination of kyle rayner THEN perhaps he'd be a match for the IG i think so

if this was shazam with all magic in its entirity on his side vs the IG once again FAR more fair

if this was DC zues with the entire power of the godwave then it wouldnt even be a fight IG would lose hands down

highfather same thing as with DC zues

phantom stranger he's like an angel right so that would mean to make this fair youd have to give him the entire power of DC heaven wow your just..........wow man this guy thinks four or five skyfathers=the IG just WOW when did say the ig equaled the quintessance. never. i meant that since gog has a powerup then so should thanos. thanos needs some amping. in the thread i created i allowed an amped up ds from gds. he stole beings powers in that to become a badass. so why not let thanos have a powerup. its only fair. wink

Galan007
i said without prep thanos would lose. so back off. mad Yeah, but you also made this statement:Originally posted by quanchi112
hed put up a helluva fight. Which is wrong. wink

We all know Thanos is less than nothing compared to Gog..

It would only take a single blast from Gog to kill Thanos, :

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_TheKingdom01-08.jpg

Sure that was a cheap shot one Gog's part, but the amount of damage it inflicted was impressive nonetheless.

Galan007
I agree. I also know that Mxy was banned from Death by Mike Carlin. So I don't know which happened first, Kingdom or Death of Mxy. I just posted those scans in the Mxy respect thread, lol.

quanchi112
Yeah, but you also made this statement: Which is wrong. wink

We all know Thanos is less than nothing compared to Gog..

It would only take a single blast from Gog to kill Thanos, :

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_TheKingdom01-08.jpg

Sure that was a cheap shot one Gog's part, but the amount of damage it inflicted was impressive nonetheless. cheapshot being the key word.

Galan007
cheapshot being the key word. *sighs*.

Looks at the amount of damage it did to Mxy, cheap shot or not.

That's why a single blast would easily destroy Thanos. smile

quanchi112
*sighs*.

Looks at the amount of damage it did to Mxy, cheap shot or not.

That's why a single blast would easily destroy Thanos. smile thanos wouldnt just stand there and be hit by it. come on now. i already said thanos would need a powerup to be able to contend with this gog. gog has one. damn quintessance. my thread with ds vs gog was a powerful version of ds so its only fair that thanos have some sort of power source.

Galan007
so its only fair that thanos have some sort of power source. Only because Thanos has NO chance.

Come on, just admit it. smile

quanchi112
galan i have a question for you. i know this is unrelated, but im curious. do u believe the gds feats count for darkseid? can you use them as a feat for the mainstream darkseid? tell me why you count it or discount it as a feat,please.

quanchi112
Only because Thanos has NO chance.

Come on, just admit it. smile thanos would lose this without prep or a powerup. its unfair to just throw normal thanos in here. if gog was alloweda powerup why not thanos. just be fair. i was in my ds vs gog. i took a powerful version of ds. i didnt say apokolips now ds. laughing

Galan007
do u believe the gds feats count for darkseid? can you use them as a feat for the mainstream darkseid? IMO, no.

IMO, GDS-DS's feats should be completely separate from the "mainstream" Darkseid's feats.

quanchi112
IMO, no.

IMO, GDS-DS's feats should be completely separate from the "mainstream" Darkseid's feats. so u agree with me on this respect. this is what i have been saying. thanks for ur opinion on this matter. wink

Galan007
if gog was alloweda powerup why not thanos. Gog was given no powerups.

Just the power he had throughout Kingdom. confused

nvrbeenwthagirl
I just posted those scans in the Mxy respect thread, lol.

Yay. Thanks for posting.

quanchi112
Gog was given no powerups.

Just the power he had throughout Kingdom. confused he had a powerup from the quintessance. that was the powerup.

nvrbeenwthagirl
IMO, no.

IMO, GDS-DS's feats should be completely separate from the "mainstream" Darkseid's feats.

Legion is back in continuity. The feats count.

quanchi112
Legion is back in continuity. The feats count. this is spearate from mainstream ds. different events happened. the feat doesnt stand. digimark also agreed they dont count. you have to reference gds darkseid for this to be considered.

Galan007
Legion is back in continuity. The feats count. Not necessarily.

Superherovandal
thanos would lose this without prep or a powerup. its unfair to just throw normal thanos in here. if gog was alloweda powerup why not thanos. just be fair. i was in my ds vs gog. i took a powerful version of ds. i didnt say apokolips now ds. laughing gog's whole powerup that you speak off is his power without his power from the Quintessense he's a normal human. but isn't that what you want?

quanchi112
Not necessarily. exactly. till its conclussively proven the feats do not and will not count.

quanchi112
gog's whole powerup that you speak off is his power without his power from the Quintessense he's a normal human. but isn't that what you want? im saying sicne we are letting a powerful version of ds fight against gog we should also let thanos take a powerup. how about thanos with the ig. laughing

Superherovandal
count as DS's feats no they wouldn't. they are a future DS so they should be used as a future DS's feats.

Superherovandal
im saying sicne we are letting a powerful version of ds fight against gog we should also let thanos take a powerup. how about thanos with the ig. laughing thats plain dumb. IG isn't even thanos' power thats why and you know as well as i do that ig is beyond the quintessence. you are trying to spite this in Thanos' favor. we're using this gog because its the one with the better feats. he's not really powered up if anything this is the real gog. gog owns thanos.

quanchi112
count as DS's feats no they wouldn't. they are a future DS so they should be used as a future DS's feats. yes these feats dont count unless u specifically are talking about gds darkseid. reg darkseid doesnt have these feats. inadmissable.

starking
count as DS's feats no they wouldn't. they are a future DS so they should be used as a future DS's feats. The problem with future Ds is, he wasn't supposed to be that powerful compared to past Ds. confused

quanchi112
thats plain dumb. IG isn't even thanos' power thats why and you know as well as i do that ig is beyond the quintessence. you are trying to spite this in Thanos' favor. we're using this gog because its the one with the better feats. he's not really powered up if anything this is the real gog. gog owns thanos. it was a joke and this gog was the most powerful version of gog seen in comics. so why use normal thanos against gogs most powerful version. makes no sense.

Superherovandal
it makes sense cause the other one has barely any feats. this one is much more fleshed out than the in continuity Gog.

quanchi112
Originally posted by starking
The problem with future Ds is, he wasn't supposed to be that powerful compared to past Ds. confused its like 6-3 starking. quanchi,blackjackal,digimark,galan,superherovandal
,tazer and im sure there are more. gds feats dont count. u try and justify it but it has no justification. gds darkseid stands alone. wink

quanchi112
it makes sense cause the other one has barely any feats. this one is much more fleshed out than the in continuity Gog. no it doesnt, this gog had one story prettu much. give thanos the cosmic cube then. he needs a powerup since gog has one.

starking
its like 6-3 starking. quanchi,blackjackal,digimark,galan,superherovandal
,tazer and im sure there are more. gds feats dont count. u try and justify it but it has no justification. gds darkseid stands alone. wink Stfu Quanchi, your opinion is about as useful as a plunger in a sewer. smile

Superherovandal
yeah but he has many more feats than the one in continuity he did a whole lot more. the only thing the other one did is beat supes. and thats basically it. this one beat tons more and showed much more of what he's capable of. we really can't make much of a debate with a guy with hardly any feats. also why give thanos a powerup? just stop it with the excuses. it obvious gog wins...we can move on now.

Superherovandal
Stfu Quanchi, your opinion is about as useful as a plunger in a sewer. smile stop it with the insults or i'll report you. he stated his opinion and he's entitled to that.

quanchi112
stop it with the insults or i'll report you. he stated his opinion and he's entitled to that. thank u. smile we all come here to debate. all opinions count.

quanchi112
yeah but he has many more feats than the one in continuity he did a whole lot more. the only thing the other one did is beat supes. and thats basically it. this one beat tons more and showed much more of what he's capable of. we really can't make much of a debate with a guy with hardly any feats. also why give thanos a powerup? just stop it with the excuses. it obvious gog wins...we can move on now. thanos without prep or without powerups loses to gog. i have always admitted as such. gog was a freaking monster in this comic book. i loved him becuz he kept killing superman whom i hate. wink

starking
stop it with the insults or i'll report you. he stated his opinion and he's entitled to that. My bad then, sometimes he can really annoy the hell out of me.

Estacado
My bad then, sometimes he can really annoy the hell out of me.
Put him on ignore I did the same.

Superherovandal
thanos without prep or without powerups loses to gog. i have always admitted as such. gog was a freaking monster in this comic book. i loved him becuz he kept killing superman whom i hate. wink well thats how a battle is supposed to be...without powerups or any prep...i hate it when people say oh prep this and prep that. battles should occur without prep and they shouldn't be mentioned unless stated in the thread.

quanchi112
well thats how a battle is supposed to be...without powerups or any prep...i hate it when people say oh prep this and prep that. battles should occur without prep and they shouldn't be mentioned unless stated in the thread. i know what ur saying but im saying when i make a thread i try to even it out. i took gds darkseid vs gog becuz he was seen as more powerufl than the reg ds on panel. gds ds had that little extra ooomph. i would never say silver surfer with the quantum bands vs the regular hulk. way to unfair. that is how i view this. gog at his finest vs thanos under normal circumtances. no point in arguing here in this thread, anymore. it did say kingdom come though. and not kingdom. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.