Harry Potter Possibly Not Really Harry Potter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Phantom
I've started thinking things and decided to put this up before the 7th book comes out. What if Harry Potter isn't who everyone thinks he is? What if Neville and Harry, born on the same day, were switched at some point during Voldemort's reign way back when? I was thinking. Course this is another one of Phantom's old crazy ideas but I got thinking about it. Harry's green eyes. Green as a lily pad. Lily. Toads and frogs are most assorted with lily pads. Neville has a toad. What if Neville is really the child of James and Lily? Then you guys say, what about Harry's hair. Lily's eyes. Well, possible charms set on him as a child? Why else would his hair grow back constantly after being cut? Everyone jumps to it to him being a wizard. What if it is just a charm to make it seem like he is really their son? Likewise with the eyes? A charm on the eyes. Lily was an expert at charms. A simple charm on Harry would make his eyes a certain color. And of course everyone knew the change had happened, so they constantly say he has Lily's eyes because they want word to spread that he is their child. And Neville really is an excellent wizard, but a charm possibly placed on him to make him a giant clutz. More or less, I see it as Neville is the "real" Harry Potter, and the trade was made as a sacrifice. o.o Once more, this is another one of Phantom's crazy ideas. No one has to believe it.

HPRules
ahahahaha uh okay....... blink i didnt get all that but nice

chillmeistergen
What about Harry's patronus though?

The Phantom
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
What about Harry's patronus though? Do we know how a person gets a patronus?

People, this is pure speculation that I don't think I even believe. Just seemed somewhat interesting.

chillmeistergen
Yeah, I suppose we don't know and yeah it is an interesting idea. I was just throwing the patronus in there for speculation as well. I'm sure JK will throw an almighty twist in there somewhere.

siriuswriter
He looks exactly like James, luv.

When his parents came out of Voldy's wand, they were all like, "Son!"

It's interesting, for sure, Phantom, but I think you may have eaten one too many toaster waffles this time.

The Phantom
Yeah, I suppose we don't know and yeah it is an interesting idea. I was just throwing the patronus in there for speculation as well. I'm sure JK will throw an almighty twist in there somewhere. Yep. I thought it would have been interesting if that was it. I got it from thinking of Lily and her green eyes. Then were thinking of plant lilies, but those are whites. Besides, those deal with death and it wouldn't help much. Then I thought of Lily pads, and Trevor, Neville's toad. And here we are.

siriuswriter
Oh, and a patronus is determined by whatever you think will protect you, combined with your personality.

(I know JK's said this, I'm just too lazy to look it up.)

The Phantom
Well, I didn't say I believed it. Just speculation. Watch it be right though. I just wanted it to be out that I said it before anyone else. Like how I said Harry might be part elf (You go find the thread if you wanna discuss that). Just speculation that is plausible that I just wanna say "I said it first! Haha!" if it ever comes true.

Nightingale14
Hm..Possible..but..I don't know..

exanda kane
Interesting speculation. Rowling will definitely make it enjoyable, whatever the truth.

Unicor777
It is a funny ideasmilesmile
But I can see this possible only with Dumbledore's consent. But if Dumbledore has given his consent to such matter, then he is not really Dumbeldore. But wait, maybe he was switch also. Maybe the real Dumbledore is Dursley senior. hehehe

The Phantom
Originally posted by Unicor777
It is a funny ideasmilesmile
But I can see this possible only with Dumbledore's consent. But if Dumbledore has given his consent to such matter, then he is not really Dumbeldore. But wait, maybe he was switch also. Maybe the real Dumbledore is Dursley senior. hehehe I love you sarcasm.

Unicor777
that makes us two then

jasonowens4200
couldnt be lily that put the charm on him cause it would not longer work after she died

The Phantom
Originally posted by jasonowens4200
couldnt be lily that put the charm on him cause it would not longer work after she died Got a quote?

chillmeistergen
Dumbledore's immobilising spell failed to work, after he died. But then again, Sirius' mother's permanent sticking charms didn't.

The Phantom
Dumbledore's immobilising spell failed to work, after he died. But then again, Sirius' mother's permanent sticking charms didn't. Well there's an interesting question. Do charms actually fade with the owners death or something else? And remember, that was a spell. Or is it an immobilizing charm?

~KoK!~
When Dumbledore died in 6, harry was no longer unable to move.

The Phantom
Originally posted by ~KoK!~
When Dumbledore died in 6, harry was no longer unable to move. That doesnt' prove much though. Was it a charm or spell? Is there a difference between the two? And like Chill-mun said. The sticking charm didn't fade with Mrs. Black's death.

jasonowens4200
Dumbledore's immobilising spell failed to work, after he died. But then again, Sirius' mother's permanent sticking charms didn't.

how do you know sirius' mothere put the sticking charm on it and not kreacher

The Phantom
I think it said she put it up. Let me look.

jasonowens4200
well then i that would prove my theory wrong just a guess

The Phantom
Yea, here's something. It isn't about the sticking charm, still looking for that. But here's something.

. Yea... That pretty much would do it.

jasonowens4200
good observation

The Phantom
Originally posted by jasonowens4200
good observation Yep. Wish I could find the sticking charm one though.... I just can't find it...

chillmeistergen
If I remember rightly, it's on the part where Tonks accidentally knocks over the umbrella stand and sets off the portrait.

The Phantom
If I remember rightly, it's on the part where Tonks accidentally knocks over the umbrella stand and sets off the portrait. Can we pinpoint the chapter. I wanna say it is in the chapter "The Noble and Most Ancient House of the Blacks" but I'm not a hundred percent sure.

The Phantom
FOUND IT! Not the exact quote I was looking for but it pretty much says the picture was charmed and still is by her and that the tapestry was too.

jasonowens4200
anyways back to your main way would harry and nieville be switched do think that either one of their parents would allow that

The Phantom
To save the world... yes. They would know a sacrifice would be needed.

jasonowens4200
harry was save from being killed b/c the love of his mother so how would you explain that if they were switched

jasonowens4200
so why was it harry that could only hear the prophecy cause he handed to neivill

~KoK!~
Originally posted by The Phantom
FOUND IT! Not the exact quote I was looking for but it pretty much says the picture was charmed and still is by her and that the tapestry was too. It is called the Permanent Sticking Charm....

The Phantom
Originally posted by ~KoK!~
It is called the Permanent Sticking Charm.... Yes yes yes. This is why I have the other quote on what Sirius's dad's spells/charms/things.Originally posted by jasonowens4200
harry was save from being killed b/c the love of his mother so how would you explain that if they were switched Facade?Originally posted by jasonowens4200
so why was it harry that could only hear the prophecy cause he handed to neivill Did Neville never say he couldn't?

It's just a theory I'm putting out there that not even I believe.

tigress
are we all getting paranoid waiting for book 7? if its anything like HBP I am so sticking to slash fics from now on lol

The Phantom
Originally posted by tigress
are we all getting paranoid waiting for book 7? if its anything like HBP I am so sticking to slash fics from now on lol Lol. Who's paranoid? I'm trying to get as many theories out as possible.

chillmeistergen
I was thinking about this last night and something else came to mind. Harry could not see thestrals, until he had seen Cedric Diggory die. However, as he could hear the voices of his parents on the night when Voldemort killed them and we are also told that Lily, stood in front of Harry's cot or whatever. Wouldn't he have seen at least one of his parents die? Meaning, shouldn't he always have been able to see thestrals?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.