Terminator 4 2009/2010

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_4

dsilva
"Series creator James Cameron and star Arnold Schwarzenegger are currently not involved with the project. On May 29, 2007 Comingsoon.net revealed model/actor Marcus Schenkenberg has signed on for Terminator 4. It also mentions that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will have a 30 second cameo." - Wiki.

Ok now im a huge fan of the Terminator movies, I was real excited abt the 4th part being made, but i just cant imagine, Arnold not being in it. Now im not so excited. sad This SUCKS!!!

Ahnold
Shouldn't this thread go in the "Terminator" forum? At least, whilst there still is a "Terminator" forum ...

pinkfloydkor
apparently there is a planned trilogy

without arnold

so i probably wont see them, i hate it when they try to do this

its like pirates without jack sparrow or something

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Ahnold
Shouldn't this thread go in the "Terminator" forum? At least, whilst there still is a "Terminator" forum ...

good point.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by pinkfloydkor

without arnold

wouldnt matter if they made another terminater movie sequal with Arnold.After that monstrocity terminater 3 movie,another would bomb at this point even with arnold as terminater 3 proved.Thats how I felt about terminater 3.one of those movies without Linda Hamilton in it,its just not the terminater.It was much more than Just Hamilton not being in that movie that made it suck though.

ragesRemorse
Knowing that Arnold will not be in the movie gives it great potential. They may actually be able to focus on telling an original story this time, instead of finding yet another way to include arnold in the movie as the main character.

Robtard
"Marcus Schenkenberg" LOL X 1,001

Faith27
I don't know if Terminator 4 will be good as other Terminator movies...Arnold Schwarzenegger is the trademark of this film. Don't know If I'm going to watch Terminator 4 if ever.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Knowing that Arnold will not be in the movie gives it great potential. They may actually be able to focus on telling an original story this time, instead of finding yet another way to include arnold in the movie as the main character. Exactly...T3 could have been better, if they didn't even bother having the Governator in it.

OB1-adobe
the whole franchise is in studio hell which leads to development hell.

WB owns the third

I think fox owns the 1st now

and MGM i think owns the second one

The Grey Fox
I sure hope Arnie will BE BACK.

steverules
He's getting a 30 second cameo it says on wiki...unless they removed that. But this movie I believe will be focusing more on the War between mankind and sky net, I don't see how Arnie would fit into the storyline, the terminators will probably just be the endo skeleton rather than have skin on them

pinkfloydkor
bit of news

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070719e.php

steverules
Ok so no 2009 release then

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Exactly...T3 could have been better, if they didn't even bother having the Governator in it.

yeah, T3 felt like a bad remake of T2 to me. I have however, come to appreciate what entertainment it does have to offer, but as an advancement on the series i feel shafted as a fan.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
the whole franchise is in studio hell which leads to development hell.

WB owns the third

I think fox owns the 1st now

and MGM i think owns the second one

I thought the rights to terminator were sold to an independent source. If this is true, I dont see what problems could arise in development

SelinaAndBruce
NO! They should have left it alone at T2. They were perfect that way! Both films were good. Now they shat on it with 3 and now 4 is gonna suck I believe as well.

dsilva
hhhhmmm...... You guys make a good point about T3, it was disappointment in comparison to T2. Maybe coz of Arnold, though I don't think so. Arnold is the reason alota people went to see T3 to begin with, coz he is what made the character Rock. It is the writers responsibility to make the characters look good. I guess they were just not in a very creative mood when writing the script for T3.
http://images.share27.com/419-terminator-tpb-original-painting.jpg

Wolfie
T3 was fun, but basically just a fanfic made into a movie. I don't have any hopes for a Terminator without Schwarzenegger though. Losing Linda Hamilton in the third one was bad enough.

Jack Harkness
They were all awesome, your all just disappointed you weren't able to masturbate over it. erm

JLred
if there is a 30 sencond cameo for Arnold i'll watch it but without him i dont see the point of watching this...he's my favorite cool governor

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by JLred
if there is a 30 sencond cameo for Arnold i'll watch it but without him i dont see the point of watching this...he's my favorite cool governor

Sorry to disappoint but The Governator will not be making an appearance in T4.

H. S. 6
He's 60 years old. Give him a break.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by H. S. 6
He's 60 years old. Give him a break.

Arnold was great as The Terminator. I do hope that this planned trilogy tells a good story. and has lots of action and good violence.

roughrider
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
yeah, T3 felt like a bad remake of T2 to me. I have however, come to appreciate what entertainment it does have to offer, but as an advancement on the series i feel shafted as a fan.

Exactly, it was a lame rehash of T2.

As far as I'm concerned, the story ended in T2. James Cameron has stated so, and has disagreed with any further films being made. It just shows what happens when you don't own the rights to your films, like George Lucas does with Star Wars. The studios will drive it right into the ground, bury it and try to ressurect; all in the name of making a little more money.
At roughly 8-9 years between films, how can they expect people to stay interested?

Discos
mmm....where do I start? I am a life-long fan of the movies dude, neither movie has been bad in my eyes.

Now reading the wikipedia article it seems that T4 is gonna suck big time, all I am reading is "NO ONE WILL RETURN FOR THIS MOVIE" probably except Earl Boen of course.

This is totally going to swing another direction from the other movies, OK I got my head round the older looking John Connor in T3 but come on stop throwing us new actors and characters to study.

I agree, perhaps T3 shouldn't have been made, but of course the only reason they are bringing back the goldie oldies are because of us...the fans! (take note of Die Hard 4).
T3 should have been made in the 90's, and then perhaps they would have spent alot more time on the plot rather than SFX and big-budget crane scenes (pretty cool btw)

Discos
(thought I would continue with another post....no one likes to read big rambles on a single post wink )

REMINDER!!

now please let us all remember what T4 SHOULD! be about. Reese told Sarah Connor that (along with himself) some Humans were slaves to the machines and were used to do piss-poor labour work in camps (IIRC)...and 1 man stood up and let them to freedom and made them believe in themselves, that man was John Connor.

So in my own personal little world, I should think the movie would start with John Connor & co in a machine-run camp, and eventually escaping, END OF.

Discos - please discuss, I've waited a long time to post this theory.

cruel jedi
Originally posted by pinkfloydkor

without arnold

i agree with you mate if arny is not in it it will suck like donkey sh!t

but thats just my opinion smile

Discos
^^ your opinion is like many....its awesome.

barand1
Taken from ComingSoon.net.

"The Sarah Connor Chronicles" producer James Middleton, who is overseeing the development of Terminator 4, has given an update on the fourth film, which is intended to be the first of three new movies.

Middleton told IGN that "T4" is happening at The Halcyon Company and will be written by Michael Ferris and John D. Brancato, the duo that wrote Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. No director is set yet. Halcyon would like to be in pre-production in October for a 2009 release.

The fourth film, which will be titled "Terminator" with a subtitle much like "Rise of the Machines," will follow the events of "T3" and be post-apocalyptic. While it's not known whether Nick Stahl and Claire Danes will return, John Connor and Kate Brewster are indeed in the script.

The movie will feature a new hero. Middleton said the new hero would be like how "Ben-Hur was influenced by Jesus Christ, but it was his story. Much in that way, this character will be influenced by John Connor."

eek!

cruel jedi
i dont get it cry

barand1
No more Connor.

alic88
No more Conner? What the hell's going on?

barand1
'There is no hope but what the fans make for themselves'

barand1
Taken from Terminator Files:

Taken from Empire:

The reader's thoughts at the bottom of the Empire article are interesting and amusing.

JediSamuraiMRB
Just found this out Batman himself has possibly been cast as John Connor.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Just found this out Batman himself has possibly been cast as John Connor. Not possibly, he has been cast:

barand1
I've just found that out as well and its good news, but I can't get over McG directing. sad

Mairuzu
Christian bale is going to star in it? if so the FCK YEA!

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Christian bale is going to star in it? if so the FCK YEA! Yeah, he's staring in it all right.

Mairuzu
Then this movie has been saved

barand1
I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. No actor can make a rubbish movie any good. No matter how good that actor is.

Ahnold
Very true. But I am hoping that Bale - with his track record of very high quality films - would not have even signed on for the film if the script was not up to a high standard. What McG does with that script (and with Bale), however, is another matter entirely; his hiring is what worries me the most ...

Discos
Originally posted by barand1
I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. No actor can make a rubbish movie any good. No matter how good that actor is.

This may hype the movie up even more and it will be even more a disappointment to the fans.
They shouldnt have big names in this type of movie, its not cool.

Yeah hearing that Christian Bale is starring as John Conner may give the character a bit of a reminder to us when he did REIGN OF FIRE - a surviver type leading people in the future.

The director is the guy who did Charlie's Angels....I will just have to wait and see.

Other than that people should stop moaning about the T3 and T4 movies....the first movie says that there will be a war against machines and thats what it has came down to. Every fan (including myself) will be shitting kittens if they left it at the 2nd movie and not finished the franchize (unless it was the alternative ending in T2).

REMEMBER - I will always point this out, but Reece explains to Sarah in the first movie that himself and John were SLAVE typres to the machines but they rebelled. I bet you they wont have this in the movie, just skip it to how humans rise against super machines and such.

barand1
Originally posted by Discos
REMEMBER - I will always point this out, but Reece explains to Sarah in the first movie that himself and John were SLAVE typres to the machines but they rebelled. I bet you they wont have this in the movie, just skip it to how humans rise against super machines and such.

Yes, I bet they do too. It's a shame, because to some fans its like watching something they love crumble away. Saying that though, they said its a new trilogy so there is a lot they (hopefully) can explain.

My fingers are glued crossed.

Discos
Now that idea does suck in my opinion...a new trilogy? 6 T's? they are milking one of theeee greatest franchizes ever,

It is a shame for fans like us, too much to swallow.

If they want to clear up stories then just have a mini series, not the SC chronicles but something better.

BlackSunshine
They should have ended it with T2.

Discos
James Cameron was happy enough to let it be at that...but we all moaned and wanted to see the end product of the war.

I enjoyed T3 but the ending miffed me off, a whole chunk of the movie was ruined as they wasted their time thinking they were away to shut the system down....ya.

exanda kane
Nice to show Bale's up for tackling more commercial projects as the years go on. He really is an amazing actor, even when watching him as a kid in Empire of the Sun. Really, he is unheralded as far as I am concerned as far as the ordinary public goes.

addicted2flicks
i can still look forward with INDIANA JONES, but the TERMINATOR lets give it a rest ARNOLD he is in bad shape right now. well if you wanna force the 4 sequel lets terminate ARNOLD and introduce someone to be the TERMINATOR a character that we can pass the torch on... big grin

Ahnold
Um, that's what they *are* doing for "T4", addicted2flicks. Arnold definitely isn't starring in it, although he might be making a cameo appearance in it.

MrCampion
Maybe after his term as governor is up he will be willing to resume the movie franchise.

Darth Martin
Doubt it. He's getting to old for this franchise. sad

coolmovies
But it wont feel like a terminator movie becouse arnie will not be in it

U Neek
What they could do is have rows of Arnold style Terminators in a factory or something, ready to be released into battle. However, there will also be other rows of diff Terminator models. Sort of like a candy store, but with different flavoured candy...Only this place would have different types of killing machines!!

This way all the Arnold fans can take pleasure in the fact that he's "in" the movie, and we can move away from Arnold being the only person who can play the part of Terminator as we'll be introduced to other models.

barand1
No doubt there will be references to Arnold's Terminator.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.