Will Asda sell the new potter book?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Just been watching the news Asda have orderd 500.000 copies and have not paid the company money . Bloomsbary has now stopped there order of new potter book. Asda says they are being stopped from selling the book becouse they where selling it at half price .

Will there be any potter books in Asda stores ?? What are your views ??

Nick1989
No, i don't think so. I suggest that you either buy your book from Tesco or Waterstones.

When i go to Tesco at 12.01 im buying two copies of Deathly Hallows.

coolmovies
Does that include all Asda stores ?

Nick1989
There is not going to be around fifty thousand copies of the book in one store big grin So yes i'm almost certain.

If Bloomsbury states this it is true.

coolmovies
I work for tesco so i get disscount eek!

exanda kane
Buy it at a proper bookshop, no need to buy it at a supermarket.

The Phantom
Originally posted by exanda kane
Buy it at a proper bookshop, no need to buy it at a supermarket. Unless you get discount. :P

exanda kane
I'd rather keep real bookshops in business than subject myself to the bland, droll walk around the white-washed supermarket. The discount is irrelevant.

The Phantom
I'd rather keep real bookshops in business than subject myself to the bland, droll walk around the white-washed supermarket. The discount is irrelevant. People have different preferances.

exanda kane
That's not really a post worthy to reply to. You hit the nail of neutrality bang on, I'll give you that. Pleasure of a real bookstore is lost on many, it seems.

The Phantom
That's not really a post worthy to reply to. You hit the nail of neutrality bang on, I'll give you that. Pleasure of a real bookstore is lost on many, it seems. o.o I enjoy bookstores more than anything. But like I said, people have different preferences and I'm just making sure they don't get attack for buying it from a supermarket. But I enjoy bookstores to get books (unless I see a book I like while at a supermarket)

chillmeistergen
Well if they haven't paid, I doubt it very much. Hopefully not, because Asda's just corporate shit stain.

The Phantom
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Well if they haven't paid, I doubt it very much. Hopefully not, because Asda's just corporate shit stain. What is Asda anyway?

exanda kane
Lower end of the market but popular chain of supermarkets in the UK, owned by Wallmart or some other conglomerate.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by The Phantom
What is Asda anyway?

It's just a big supermarket chain. I believe it's owned by Walmart.

The Phantom
It's just a big supermarket chain. I believe it's owned by Walmart. Oh. Never seen one in the U.S. Are they only in the United Kingdom or Europe or are there any in the U.S. I really can't say much because I haven't been that much around the U.S. so I'm curious.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by The Phantom
Oh. Never seen one in the U.S. Are they only in the United Kingdom or Europe or are there any in the U.S. I really can't say much because I haven't been that much around the U.S. so I'm curious.

As far as I know, they're based solely in the UK.

The Phantom
As far as I know, they're based solely in the UK. Ah. I see.

tigress
Asda will be selling them it seems they accused bloomsbury of holding children's happiness to ransom over a past over due invoice lol so they apologized and said oh go on then lol, Asda is a UK franchise that Wall-Mart took over a few years back I will be getting mine where ever I can but if its anything like the last instalment Im taking it back lol

coolmovies
They wanna make as much money as possable out of the books so they let them sell them

T.Maria

coolmovies
ya i changed my mind am getting it from asda for a FIVER !!

Member.
wth, 5 pounds? i wish i still lived in scotland...that's like...$8 or something. who wouldn't buy DH for $8?? lol

Silent Dreams

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.