Can the Hutts create a Large Army?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
They got resources. They run the galactic underworld. There is lots of well trained Bounty Hunters. Plus with their immense amount of credits they could hire Mercenaries.

Whatchoo think?

General G
I never really thought about that, I guess they could if they really wanted to, they personally would be able to do nothing. And there are only a certain number of good bounty hunters, so they may not get too far.

Schecter
im sure the empire respected the power and influence of ganglords and thus their autonomy. vader even acknowledges the empire's cooperation, even though they exist outside the empire's jurisdiction, and helps them as we see when he turns over han solo to boba fett.

so the real question would be: would the empire have dared to cross the hutts?
answer imho: no. there would be nothing to gain and very useful hired hands to lose. there would be nothing at all to gain.

JediRobin23
Hutts? I only seen two of them. pretty small army

Alliance
Would it be a slug army?

General G
They wouldn't move very fast.

exanda kane
What would they get out of it?

General G
Unlimited Power!!!!!!!!

queeq
laughing out loud

Alliance
Or maybe they'd loose weight

General G
Either one I am sure works well for them.

queeq
Originally posted by Alliance
Or maybe they'd loose weight

Then they'd lose all credibility.

Alliance
An army os slugs would be a sight. Surely they had some form of combat on their slimehole homeworld.

queeq
THen again, a few chains to choke them would wipe them out. Just send out a couple barely dressed women.

Cybervader
They surely do have enough influence to create an army. though undoubtedly that is not their main concern, only with trade and business profits.

I'm sure they would gladly send their offsprings to Kamino to be cloned, if they're paid huge sums for it.

General G
Money. Money. Money.

queeq
Abba the Hutt?

WrathfulDwarf
Well let's say they CAN build an army....To whom do you think they'll impose a bigger threat?

The Empire or the Republic?

Schecter
slightly less for the empire since they could simply blow up tattooine and every other hutt planet.

Captain REX
Good question, WD.

In Expanded Universe, the Hutts used to be warlords and tore the crap out of their homeworld because of it, and they eventually all settled into the underworld of things because the Republic threatened to tear them a new one.

But that's EU. w00t

queeq
And not allowed.

They'd be more in guerilla warfare with a Republic army about.

Stun
i think the Hutt's defeated Xim the Despot and his army thousands of years ago, but i'll can it because it's EUstick out tongue although that would make a nice expansion for Empire at War cool

queeq
EU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP IT NOW!

Stun
laughing out loud ah well the thread was asking for it, hutt army and all? besides i like a bit of EUschmoll

Marxman
This question requires EU seeing as how there's only been one Hutt in all of the 6 movies (not counting Jaba's entourage in TPM).

I think the hutts could pull it off. By themselves they could weild blasters. Their girth indicates they'd probably be able to take some damage before being taken out. They'd probably utilize vehicles of some kind, whether they be fast moving ones or huge siege weapons and tanks. Then past that they'd be able to put a lot of money out for mercs. If Jaba's palace is any indication to how Hutts lived it seems Hutts already have small armies of followers that they'd command.

The hutts could be a force to be reckoned with.

Tangible God
EU necessary for Thread Question to be answered; Activating Anti-Contradiction programming from Queeq not closing thread once this became apparent.

Pre-Republic days saw a Hutt empire of sorts following their victory over Xim. In the Old Republic days, there was a large enough standing Army combined with the Jedi to keep the Hutts in line, military-wise. As of the post-Ruusan era, the Republic was already so big and bloated from a corrupt bureaucracy that it would have been too expensive time consuming and unnecessary to maintain such a force that could truly be called an "army." Then the Empire comes around and by no means would the Hutts dare tango with the biggest military build up in known history. Then you have the collapse of Jabba's reign and the Black Sun resulting in feuding Hutts and other crime syndicates competing for what's left. Then you get the failed Darksaber project, a tentative agreement with New Republic officials, a power vacuum arising from the Empire's slow decay (numerous War Lords tearing things up, the New Republic taking control, Thrawn, the Empire Reborn, Palpatine returning.) Throw in the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, and the entire post-ROTJ era makes for poor recruitment in a Hutt army.

Yada yada yada, there's an answer to the thread. It's EU, Queeq, kill this.

queeq
I will move it.

Darth Scythe
This question was asked and answered in Darksaber. See how it ended up for the Hutts.

Satauros
how was it answered? Durga made a super weapon and it was destroyed, he didn't hav an army.

but I think the thought of hutts with armies is a lil funny, they'd be too busy too commande anything while they stuffed their faces :]]

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I think the nHutts could create a large army. Whether they would be successful in winning a match is uncertain.

Blue_Hefner
Well, I'm sure they did have an army. Bastila said they used to rule the galaxy before the Republic existed so it would make sense for them to have an army.

Tangible God
A mercenary army of sorts, but nowhere near as trained or disciplined as government armies.

General G
They wouldn't be able to produce an army of that calibre, considering the people that seek work from them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.