Rufus Scrimgeour - The Auror

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Unicor777

exanda kane
I can't imagine him playing too vital a role in the last simply for the fact, that logistically, there would not be any room. Seems to me, and there is of course a large chance I am completely wrong, that he is allegorical to the reaction to the "war on terror" following 9/11, or simply a critique on the nature of governments, in the same way Umbridge is of the UK Offtsed inspectors.

"You get people like Fudge who pretend nothing is happening, or you get people like Srimgeour who accuse and arrest innocents in the name of progress" to paraphrase a character, I can't particularly remember who.

Unicor777
Actually there is a lot in common between the DE and the international terrorist movement. For example in 1997 Osama was seen allegedly in the hills of albania, and we read that VV was hiding there as well. This was a bit out of topic

I agree with you on the lack of room, but on the other side those that could have played a great role in the final battle are reduced:
Sirius and Dumbledore, and it was logically to remove them so Harry could play the big role, otherwise he would have been in shadow od DD all the time.

But this being said, opens room for others. And the minister will have a role, otherwise I don't see the reason why she had to replace him

tigress
I think that HBP was more a political statement than our beloved HP and felt very let down by JK it was like a badly written fan fic, I pray the last installment will be much better, Scrimengour we will have to see but I think that there has been too much r/l interferance with her books and she basically got stuck with the plot and hammered by the publishers to hurry up, on the other hand even if he is making pointless steps its more than fudge ever did.

Unicor777
exactly

tigress
Curtsies' lol

exanda kane
I actually thought it was the best book. You can even see the complexity of her writing, growing through the series. She isn't alien to adverse political and social allegory, but then again, when you've written spin for Gordon Brown and New Labour, it's hard to foret your social voice.

Back on topic, yes, you are completely right; Sirius and Dumbledore have been removed from the playing field, but remembering the large list of cliff hangers and unexplained questions? I can hardly see him playing a big part overall.

I wouldn't be suprised if he gets killed though, along with a bunch at the Minisitry. It's not like Rowling to give a character like Scrimgeour a heroic exit/last stand; too sides of the spectrum, Fudge backs down for his folly and Scimgeour needs to be reprimanded for his.

Unicor777
This yes, he might die, not heroicly, but still his death would be in a way significant for Harry, or he has an important role to play for Harry. We might see a full utilization of his Auror background and here I link it to Harry and his task

exanda kane
Ahh...I think I can fill a training montage coming on - Harry preparing for his task along to some terrible cheesy riffs while sweating out in the gym.

But seriously, that is a good point - I had forgotten Harry's ambition, although in all fairness, killing Lord Voldemort would look nice on his CV.

Unicor777
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing

Curriculum Vitae

Full name: Harry J Potter
xyz
xyz
xyz
hyz

EDUCATION:
Not completed Magical Education

MAJOR ACHIVEMENTS
- Finished the Dark Lord
- Finished Severus Snape
- Finished D Malfoy
- Broke all the School Rules
- Instituted Early warning system agains the Dark Lord
- Saved the Prophecy from the Death Eaters
- Won the goblet of Fire
- Trciked the ministry of magic and saved Sirius Black
- Distroyed the Dark Lord's diary
- Killed the basilisk of Salazar Slytherin
- Saved the Philosophy stone

Prety much for someone without completed classical education. Don't you think?

exanda kane
I wonder if he has an ASBO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.