I don't understand this part?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
When they trade Jack for Will, the dialogue goes as such:

B: Blogar?(wth does that mean, although not important)
cuts beads out of jacks hair

B: If you have something to say, I might be saying something as well

Will gives a weird look

J: First to the finish then?

Trade-off

wth does this mean?

katelovespirate
i think it's fairly vague. the word barbossa uses, i think, is "blaggard" which basically means Jack is a bad dude. old fashioned swearing and name calling.

The way I interpretted "first to the finish" was between Jack and Will and who was going to stab the heart.

But, hehe, like a lot of the film, it didn't make a ton of sense.

lovethemtigers
yeah...good luck trying to figure it out.... cuz i'm with Kate...the movie didn't make much sense...one big mess...

miss_swann
Yeah, all I really got was that will and Elizabeth got married.

Surreal_44
Barbossa figured out when Elizabeth agreed to trade Jack that there was one reason she'd do such a thing -- so Jack can stab the heart.

Realizing that he'll lose his chance to release Calypso, so he fakes an attack on Jack, and instead of cutting him, he slices off Jack's piece of eight (revealed during the Pirate Lord meeting).

Jack goes to protest, and Barbossa explains that if Jack blurts out the intention to release Calypso, Barbossa might just happen to mention that Jack is going to try to stab the heart.

"First to the finish" is about Barbossa and Jack and their differing goals --who will get to theirs first. I had to see it a few times for it to make sense. I believe it may have been confirmed somewhere on Wordplayer, but I might be wrong.

moviefanatik
havent seenthe last movie yet but i loved the first two!

willofthewisp
I thought (and I've only seen it once) that "first to the finish" was directed to Will. It seemed like a, "See you soon" thing. It also reminds the audience that, once again, our trio knows it's doing. They have a plan and things are going fairly well. In fact, things go well for them all the way up until Davy decides to be a bastard and take one of them out...but I digress.

texgodiva2s
Term is blackguard--whoever said it wasn't a kind and loving term had it spot on--I like to think the little skit was for Beckett's benefit--boy didn't have a clue and Barbossa/Jack all kept spinning him before they sent him off to pin the tail on the donkey. They presented themselves as being at odds with one another--my curiousity arises over Jack's "whatever you say or as you wish your Nibs?"

Also, not on topic but I gotta ask somebody please--when Beckett is talking to Will at the EITC office in Port Royal--yes I know it was a long way back--he goes to the fireplace and lifts up an P branding iron that was glowing quite red hot--so was he going to brand Will? or what the heckydo? Anyone have a thought on this one? Thanks

!!tangerines!!
what does 'Nibs' mean anyway??

texgodiva2s
Miz !!t!!, Nibs is another charmer from British slang according to my google to grammarphobia--refers to a person in authority, especially one who is rather self important--so Jack honors and disses Miz Elisabeth at the same time. Boy's sly he is, full of his bad self.

!!tangerines!!
i see,thanks for that ive been wonderin for a while

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.