TRANSFORMERS TOYS discussion thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Could have over looked, but did'nt see this mentioned yet.

Surley if you guys have seen the movie, chances are you watch the show as a kid, and most likely and some molded plastic of your very own.

Discuss. What you had, what you wanted but never got, and what you wish what could have been.

I had the big man himself, the og gangster Optimus Prime amongst many others like Ultra Magnus, Galvatron, Cylonus.........most of what I got was like the 86-87 era

Never had Megatron.....eventually got Starstream, thundercracker, and skywarp as re-iisues. (I had to to it, childhood void)

I always wondered why they did'nt make Metro Plex into a giant playset instead of toy that was no bigger than devastator.

Would have have cool........sell it in 5 parts. This is his upper torso, this is his arm, and the other arm, and both legs.

3-4 feet tall........I don't see why not. The G.I Aircraft carrier was like 6 feet long

Scythe
I lost all of my G1 TF's, most of what I have now is new stuff. I have:

From the film:

Optimus and Starscream

From Hasbro's newly re-issued line:

Optimus Prime

and I have that massive 20th anniversary Optimus Prime with voice clips from the cartoon film.

BTW, he comes packaged with his blaster cannon, his energon axe and to my surprise, Megatron in gun form for him to wield.

Losty
I have a g1 optimus prime

still got my others back at mum n dads places stashed, recently got the new ones re issue gen 1, megatron, optimus

Scythe
I'm still trying to get my hooves on that repainted Ultra Magnus which is just a repainted Optimus Prime.

draxx_tOfU
My most treasured transformer toy (i only had 2 stick out tongue) was a repainted Scorponok. It was given to me by a godfather who was stationed in Japan. It was called Black Zarak in Japan and was a black/red/gold version of Scorponok that came with a trident and 3 minibots in city mode...

OB1-adobe
My list goes: Most of the 84-85 are reissues

84-85
Optimus prime
bumble bee
Starscream
Skywarp
Thundercracker
Cliffjumper
Wheel Jack
Mirage
Brawn
Windcharger
Contructicons
Jazz
Prowl
Blue streak
Tracks
Dirge
Smoke screen
Jetfire

86-87
Ultramagnus
Cyclonus
Rodimus prime
Hot rod
Super Optimus Prime
Motor master
Hun-grr
miro masters_saftey squad
Galvatron
Wreck gar

U Neek
When I was a kid I had Devastator, Hot Rod, Rodimus Prime, Battletrap and Windcharger...Of these only Rodimus, Battletrap and Windcharger survived...

Not many I know, but since then my collection has expanded to include the following:

Jazz, Smokescreen, Hound, Grapple, Tracks, Mirage, Hoist, Bluestreak, Wheeljack, Sideswipe and Inferno

I bought Devastator again, I just had to have the big guy in my collection. Also own Metroplex and Ultra Magnus as far as owning "big" TFs goes...

Pride of my collection is a 100% complete Soundwave with Buzzsaw. I also have a box for SW. Got the Autobot equivalent (Blaster) too. Oh and I'm pleased to say I own the Decepticon Clones Wingspan and Pounce, as they're quite hard to come by in the UK.

There's others I've bought, including the following re-issues:

big bad Prime
Galvatron (I also own an original G1 version)
Starscream
Thundercracker
Skywarp
Black Hot Rod
Clear Hot Rod

The cool thing about TFs are they're still available and now I'm finding I'm able to buy all the ones I wanted as a kid!

Alpha Centauri
20th Anniversary Prime is one of my prized possessions.

-AC

Marxman
I had the big guy with the trailor. I also had Hotrod, Starscream and Megatron. But the bulk of my collection was actually Beast Wars toys.

Scythe
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
20th Anniversary Prime is one of my prized possessions.

-AC

Yeah, I have one too, the small info screens on his arms with Grimlock and Megatron were an awesome touch of detail.

captblack
hey i just got the ultimate bumblebee at wal mart for $80 and i need to know how does voice activation work with this figure all i figured out is it dances to "wip it" and "transformers" than talks a little.

Rufus T Firefly
nothing impressive.

Beast Wars:

Snarl
Cheetor
Tigatron
Airazor
Optimus Primal
Megatron
Rhinox
Terrasaur

I had others

Classics:
Optimus Prime
Starscream
Jetfire

transformers from a few years ago:

Storm jet
Thundercracker

Taht's my collection...

Does anyone now if there's any new figures coming out from the classics line?

Scythe
Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
Does anyone now if there's any new figures coming out from the classics line?

The TF Generations line had a few re-done oldies. It had Rodimus, Bumblebee, Starscream, Grimlock, Mirage, Optimus, Megatron and a few others. Although for some odd reason, I guess since the film was a huge success, figures are extremely hard to find now! Online I've seen prices in the 30-40 range for a toy that normally costs nine bucks, I don't know if it's the lack of production on Hasbro's part, or just California being on a spending frenzy. I haven't been able to find a single good character besides lame-ass Rachet from the film.

Losty
Originally posted by Scythe
I'm still trying to get my hooves on that repainted Ultra Magnus which is just a repainted Optimus Prime.

Ultra Magnus is Optimus brother, he has an inner robot and outter armor!

Alpha Centauri
There are new classics coming out, Rufus, but I don't know which yet. I know they did a classics Dirge, Thundercracker and Thrust as BotCon 07 exclusives, but whether or not we'll see them on the shelves I don't know.

The TF Generations line had a few re-done oldies. It had Rodimus, Bumblebee, Starscream, Grimlock, Mirage, Optimus, Megatron and a few others. Although for some odd reason, I guess since the film was a huge success, figures are extremely hard to find now! Online I've seen prices in the 30-40 range for a toy that normally costs nine bucks, I don't know if it's the lack of production on Hasbro's part, or just California being on a spending frenzy. I haven't been able to find a single good character besides lame-ass Rachet from the film.

I think movie Ratchet is awesome, a nice solid piece. There's a repaint of him coming out as an actual red and white traditional ambulance, as opposed to a lime green fire dept search and rescue ambulance.

The only movie figures I do like, though, are Barricade, Ratchet, Brawl and the second Bumblebee. Blackout is awesome but the bulky backpiece is a hinderance.

I'm wondering if/when they'll do more G1 reissues.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
Yeah, I have one too, the small info screens on his arms with Grimlock and Megatron were an awesome touch of detail.

Oh they are those in yours...?

Mine has Bumblebee in the left arm and quite bizarrely, Starscream in the right...

The Starscream looks a little off colour, but it definitely appears to be him. (Definitely not Sunstorm.)

Back in the day.. Before my parents mercilessly gave the majority away when 1st moved out. Without consulting me. sad

Along with every issue from the start of the run to the 30 or so before the end of G1 comics.

(1st transformer brandedsmileBumblebee
Mirage
Skywarp
Ratchet
Jazz
Soundwave
Buzzsaw
Rumble
Ravage
Gears
Windcharger
Prime
Thundercracker
Sludge
Slag
Grimlock
Snarl
Tracks
Smokescreen
Red Alert
Prowl
Thrust
Ramjet
Dirge
Jetfire
Beachcomber
Hubcap
Tailgate
Cosmos
Outback
Powerglide
Kickback
Astro Magnum (Knock off shockwave)
Superion
Menasor
Bruticus
Defensor
Metroplex
Ultra Magnus
Galvatron
Kup
Blurr
Hotrod
Cyclonus
Wheelie (Sorry! lol)
Landmine
Skullgrin
Pretender classics Bumblebee, Jazz and Starscream
Powermaster Prime
Getaway
Slapdash
Dreadwing

Some of those little micromaster type teams...

Theyre were probably a few that Im forgetting.
I have a rare 80s Cherry Coke can that transforms somewhere too.

The ones that survived the slaughter are at least mostly in one piece.
My total and now meagre collection stands at: smile

Original stash survivors:
--------------------------------
The Aerialbots
The Combaticons
The Stunticons
Ultra Magnus
Ramjet
Thrust
Dirge
Beachcomber
Powerglide
Kickback (really battered)
Autobot and decepticon micromaster teams
The complete Paganini sticker album from 85
The C64 game by ocean
A 1984 laminated dinner place mat featuring Jazz and if I remember rightly, Laserbeak.
That coke can.
Issue 12 (UK) of the marvel run.
Collected comics 8: 1988 spring reprint of the whole "Crisis of command" story.
Collected comics 9: 1988 summer reprint of the "Robot Buster" issues.
An issue with no cover. The pretenders debut story.
157saduk): Headmasters- trial by fire part 2
177 (uk): Prime's return as Powermaster

Stuff since:
MP-01 Prime
Alternators Silverstreak
Alternators Swindle
Classics Jetfire
Classics Starscream
Classics Bumblebee

Reissue Skywarp
Reissue Tracks
Reissue Red Alert

All episodes of the US tv series of G1.
All G1 comic scans (to act as replacements for the ones lost in '94.)

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Oh they are those in yours...?

Mine has Bumblebee in the left arm and quite bizarrely, Starscream in the right...

The Starscream looks a little off colour, but it definitely appears to be him. (Definitely not Sunstorm.)

Yeah, I have to ask AC about his. I thought there were all the same, weird.

Rufus T Firefly

yeah all i see is the movie figures, which i don't want at all

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, I have to ask AC about his. I thought there were all the same, weird.

Mine's Bumblebee and Starscream also.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
As for the classics and what to expect next...Wave 3.

"Sunstreaker - Concept art seen at SDCC 2007.
Sideswipe - Concept art seen at SDCC 2007.
Octane - Concept art seen at SDCC 2007.
Galvatron (a new mold, not a redeco of Classic Megatron.)
Jazz
Prowl
Ultra Magnus (another new mold, not a redeco of Optimus Prime.)
Ironhide
Smokescreen
Silverstreak
At least one combiner (possibly the Seacons)"

Rufus T Firefly
As for the classics and what to expect next...Wave 3.

"Sunstreaker - Concept art seen at SDCC 2007.
Sideswipe - Concept art seen at SDCC 2007.
Octane - Concept art seen at SDCC 2007.
Galvatron (a new mold, not a redeco of Classic Megatron.)
Jazz
Prowl
Ultra Magnus (another new mold, not a redeco of Optimus Prime.)
Ironhide
Smokescreen
Silverstreak
At least one combiner (possibly the Seacons)"

i could definetly go for a Galvatron...

Sadako of Girth
Yeah a G1 accurate one'd fly off the shelves.

Scythe
Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
yeah all i see is the movie figures, which i don't want at all

Really? So there's a shortage where you're at too eh? Now, I want a few movie figures, but I've purchased all the ones I wanted. I have Barricade, Starscream and Optimus Prime. My girlfriend recently bought Blackout and Bumblebee, as well as Arcee.

Mine's Bumblebee and Starscream also.

-AC

Hmm, that's cool. I wonder if there's any difference between my Optimus figure and the ones you and Sadako own.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah a G1 accurate one'd fly off the shelves.

A masterpiece Galvatron, I'd buy that for a dollar.

-AC

Scythe
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41A5D69H9ML._AA280_.jpg

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/31V2Qu7t-cL._AA280_.jpg

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41dAsm3pB0L._SS400_.jpg

I'm gonna order these soon.

Sadako of Girth
Really? So there's a shortage where you're at too eh? Now, I want a few movie figures, but I've purchased all the ones I wanted. I have Barricade, Starscream and Optimus Prime. My girlfriend recently bought Blackout and Bumblebee, as well as Arcee.

Hmm, that's cool. I wonder if there's any difference between my Optimus figure and the ones you and Sadako own.

From what I can see online, it appears to be that the Starscream/Bumblebee ones were on the earlier models, the other versions have come along subsequently.

Apparently the movie-anniversary Prime is the one with the Megs stickers.

I suppose it makes sense. They put the starscream one there first and then build MP starscream.... The later edition comes out and hints at whats to come.....Megatron....which we then got.
By the looks of it, Takara are using this to promote possible future MP releases... So the fact that Grimlock is on the later ones along with Megatron makes me think massive dinobot-related malarkies and shenanigans may lay ahead.

Those look very IDW, those figures in your pics....

Alpha Centauri
I'd love an MP Grimlock, but I can just imagine the nightmare it will be to transform.

MP Megatron is arguably the worst, upper body looks decent but in general it's a shitty figure. Prime has yet to be topped. Why repaint MP Starscream black and call it Skywarp? Spend the time making an MP of newer ones.

-AC

Scythe
Apparently the movie-anniversary Prime is the one with the Megs stickers.

Is that so? Hmm, interesting.

I suppose it makes sense. They put the starscream one there first and then build MP starscream.... The later edition comes out and hints at whats to come.....Megatron....which we then got.
By the looks of it, Takara are using this to promote possible future MP releases... So the fact that Grimlock is on the later ones along with Megatron makes me think massive dinobot-related malarkies and shenanigans may lay ahead.

I'de hope so, that generation/legends of cybertron Grimlock wasn't what I was hoping for. Wasn't Bumblebee's re-make toy like a a Mini-Cooper or something It had two white stripes and I think you own it, I could've sworn I saw it in one of the pics of your collection

Those look very IDW, those figures in your pics....

They're Revoltech showcase figures. They don't transform, as they're just super posable figures similiar to those Gundam figures with several weapons and hands.

brainchild81
I just got Voyager class movie MegatronOriginally posted by Scythe
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41A5D69H9ML._AA280_.jpg

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/31V2Qu7t-cL._AA280_.jpg

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41dAsm3pB0L._SS400_.jpg

I'm gonna order these soon. How much $$? Where did those pics come from?

Sadako of Girth
Wasn't Bumblebee's re-make toy like a a Mini-Cooper or something It had two white stripes and I think you own it, I could've sworn I saw it in one of the pics of your collection

Yeah its a weird hybrid of the new minis, like you say and with VW inspired feel on the smallness of the roof and the roundedness in the wheel arches etc.

It comes with a little jetski type trailer attachment that can be transformed and attached to his back/shoulders, but that depletes the G1 look for me, so I left mine off.

The classics Bumblebee is an excellent figure that you should definitely pick up when you see it. smile

Sadako of Girth
I'd love an MP Grimlock, but I can just imagine the nightmare it will be to transform.

MP Megatron is arguably the worst, upper body looks decent but in general it's a shitty figure. Prime has yet to be topped. Why repaint MP Starscream black and call it Skywarp? Spend the time making an MP of newer ones.

-AC

LOL True. It'd make assembly of the old Zoidzilla look like transforming G1 Grimlock..

Well, Masterpiece Ultra Magnus without his trailer/armour is more of a pointless Masterpiece for me, on the grounds you cite but:

(A) I always loved Skywarp, he was my first decep jet, he could teleport, never snivelled to Megatron like Starscream did and his paintscheme just said "evil" to me.

(B) I definitely would get Thundercracker too getting all three as from the moment I saw MP Starscream, the completionist in me was all kinds of hungry for the set. I dare say I'll get the classics Skywarp and Thundercracker too to go with the Starscream I already have.

(C) Like with Prime, theres just something about the design.
I dunno its like the robotic "angel of death" look. Just never gets old.

(D) The F-15 mode looks fantastic on these Seeker class jets too. stick out tongue

brainchild81
Yeah its a weird hybrid of the new minis, like you say and with VW inspired feel on the smallness of the roof and the roundedness in the wheel arches etc.

It comes with a little jetski type trailer attachment that can be transformed and attached to his back/shoulders, but that depletes the G1 look for me, so I left mine off. Cliffjumper is a red repaint

Sadako of Girth
Yup, I don't think they even changed the head mold.
I may have to give in though still.

Scythe
Originally posted by brainchild81
How much $$? Where did those pics come from?

They're anywhere between $20-23 bucks. Good luck finding Ultra Magnus. They've been sold out for months. Amazon.com carries them btw.

It comes with a little jetski type trailer attachment that can be transformed and attached to his back/shoulders, but that depletes the G1 look for me, so I left mine off.

The classics Bumblebee is an excellent figure that you should definitely pick up when you see it. smile

Wasn't that much of a Bumblebee fan. I bought the deluxe movie Bumblebee, it looks pretty rad.

brainchild81
They're anywhere between $20-23 bucks. Good luck finding Ultra Magnus. They've been sold out for months. Amazon.com carries them btw. Wasn't that much of a Bumblebee fan. I bought the deluxe movie Bumblebee, it looks pretty rad. Am I the only one having a very hard time finding Barricade? WalMart is supposed to have a set w/Barricade & Bumblebee but I can't find it.

brainchild81
Yup, I don't think they even changed the head mold.
I may have to give in though still. Yeah. I want the entire set, but now it may be hard. I got Starscream, but I should have got them all when they 1st were released. Only one I see often is Mirage

Scythe
Am I the only one having a very hard time finding Barricade? WalMart is supposed to have a set w/Barricade & Bumblebee but I can't find it.

I purchased mine off of Amazon.com.

Sadako of Girth
Well as movie prime says: "E-bayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" shifty

Thats where I got my MP prime in '05.

brainchild81
TARGET has a Movie Jazz repainted to look like G1 Jazz

Sadako of Girth
Yeah I saw that... Looked marginally more familiar/cool.

Scythe
TARGET has a Movie Jazz repainted to look like G1 Jazz

How much?

brainchild81
$10 IIRC

Scythe
Hmm, I'll have to check that out.

brainchild81
TARGET has a Movie Starscream repainted to look like G1 Starscream

Scythe
Pic please?

Sadako of Girth
Picked up Soundwave with Laserbeak and Ravage a couple of weeks ago. smile Awesome memories, awesome figure.

Scythe
How much did that set you back Sadako?

brainchild81
Pic please? PIC

Scythe
PIC

Aw bad ass! How hard is it to find on instore though?

Losty
pics or stfu

brainchild81
Aw bad ass! How hard is it to find on instore though? Go to all the Targets in your area. Shouldn't be too hard if you act now.

Sadako of Girth
How much did that set you back Sadako?

A mere 25 notes. big grin

Toys r us are doing it as an exclusive.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Losty
pics or stfu

Ahhhhhh A classics man.

You fiend!! You have Rumble and Frenzy...!!!!
And classics Skywarp!

Im gonna have ta get batteries for my camera.
I'll then get some pics up, myself.

You lucky swine. stick out tongue

Losty
its hasnt been easy to get that set man trust me

Darkstorm Zero
I had a mint condition G1 Omega Supreme and Metroplex and sold them for about $1.5Gs each.

Scythe
I don't have any G1 toys, I can't afford them...

Scythe
Here's an update, Wal-Mart has an exclusive Voyager Starscream from the film, repainted to look like Thundercracker, while Target has the same voyager Starscream repainted like G1 Starscream.

badsymbiote
But beware! These new resissues and repaints tease us with their availability and novelty, but they are nowhere near as durable as their predecessors.
If you are looking for a quality product, I advise you to seek out the "Commemorative Editions" which began production about 5 or 6 years ago (give or take a year or two) and are more accurate renditions of the originals, and not the inexpensive and very fragile plastic types being produced now. The new ones are not too costly, but I have bought 20 or 30 of these in the past few years for my kids, and they have easily broken at least 10 to 15 of these. By contrast, they have only managed to break 2 or 3 of my originals.

badsymbiote
I never had Soundwave. I always wanted one that was in good condition.

I do have a set of stampers--they were small: about 2" high. The set of four had Starscream, Optimus, Jazz, and Wheeljack, which I always thought was a strange fourth character for the set...

I also have one of those trading card sets. Each G1 character had an individual card, with a brief bio and their personal quote, and their rankings for power, speed, intelligence...just like they used to put on the back of the boxes.

I have a couple of lunch boxes, one metal, one plastic. A metal bed tray, a fold-out board with scratch-on decals of Cybertron, and the original board game, which is still in great shape, playing cards, and BTR lego sets of both Starscream and Optimus Prime.

I have a great comic collection and nearly every issue of the original series (#80--the last issue--reads "#80 in a four-issue limited series),
plus some of the dumb HeadMasters issues, both GI Joe vs. Transformers series, and the gorgeous Transformers Universe (4-issue limited) which features each original series character in alphabetical order in dossier format.

I have both Transformers ps2 games, and Beast Wars for both ps and N64. And dvd box sets for the first few seasons, and both the first dvd release of the original movie and the 20th anniversary 2-disc edition, and of course, the new live-action movie.

I used to have the original Megatron-Walther P38 and Starscream, but they were so old that they wouldn't even stay transformed anymore. But I still have
Original Optimus Prime
Original Power Master Optimus
Ultra Magnus
Blaster
Ravage
Longhaul/Mixmaster/Scavenger/and maybe Bonecrusher/
Goldbug (the throttlebot Bumblebee)
Optimus Primal
Optimus 2006 reissue
Optimus reissue 2007
Optimus Movie Entry Mode
Megatron Movie version
Megatron 2007 reissue
Megatron 2006 reissue (whose transformed mode was a laser gun) and Beast Wars Megatron (which just sucks entirely)
Commemorative Starscream
Starscream 2006 reissue
Energon Starscream
Cybertron Starscream,
movie version F-22 Starscream
36" Cybertron Starscream/36" Primus (Cybertron)
Grimlock
Bumblebee-Camaro
Bumblebee-Volkswagon
Barricade
Blackout
Scorponok
Devastator
And about another dozen or so that I got my sons, plus I bought them all of those Star Wars Transformers, but don't count those.

Scythe
You have alot of shit.

badsymbiote
Hm. Yeah, and that's just my Transformers stuff. I have an extensive and very enviable toy, comic, dvd and electronics collection, and my 3 sons absolutely LOVE me for it.
I'd rather buy that stuff than waste my money on makeup, shoes and fake nails like most other women.

Scythe
Send me some TF's....please...?

Sadako of Girth
Yep. Nice collection, badsymbiote... smile
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/Sadako_of_girth/IMG_0009.jpg
Decepticons.

Autobots
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/Sadako_of_girth/IMG_0011.jpg

Classics Jetfire is behind Bumblebee, and Outback is obscuring Red Alert. (doh!!!)

Scythe
How'd you get Ultra Magnus?

badsymbiote
Yep. Nice collection, badsymbiote... smile
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/Sadako_of_girth/IMG_0009.jpg
Decepticons.

Autobots
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/Sadako_of_girth/IMG_0011.jpg

Classics Jetfire is behind Bumblebee, and Outback is obscuring Red Alert. (doh!!!)

Mmm! You've got Soundwave! And Laserbeak.

Fine--I'll say it. I'm jealous, ok? And he's in good shape, too. You are lucky. Hey, behing your Thundercracker, is that Skywarp? I can't really tell. If so, it looks a little different than your reissues of Starscream and Thundercracker? Is he original?

Oh, and Scythe--I can't give you any, 'cause they only way I'll ever part with my collection is when they pry it from my proveerbial cold, dead hands. But maybe I'll adopt you and share them.

Sadako of Girth
How'd you get Ultra Magnus?

I got Magnus for Xmas 1986, if memory serves.
Superion, Outback, Beachcomber and Powerglide are my originals too.

In the decepticons pic, the only new ones are Soundwave and the cassettes, Skwarp and Starscream. The others are all my eighties ones.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by badsymbiote
Mmm! You've got Soundwave! And Laserbeak.

Fine--I'll say it. I'm jealous, ok? And he's in good shape, too. You are lucky. Hey, behing your Thundercracker, is that Skywarp? I can't really tell. If so, it looks a little different than your reissues of Starscream and Thundercracker? Is he original?

Oh, and Scythe--I can't give you any, 'cause they only way I'll ever part with my collection is when they pry it from my proveerbial cold, dead hands. But maybe I'll adopt you and share them.

Yep they came together. With Ravage too.
Its the current "classics" release.
Actually its not Thundercracker, its Dirge (missing a wing, dammit sad ).
(But I am looking for Thundercracker.)
Yeah, thats a re-issue Skywarp to replace my old 80s one.
Left to right of the jets is:
Classics starscream, Re-issue Skywarp, and Originals of Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust.

Scythe

Done deal!

badsymbiote
Ok. Welcome to the family. Consider yourself one of mine--and that means you'd be in my will, too. Lucky you!

Scythe
Ok. Welcome to the family. Consider yourself one of mine--and that means you'd be in my will, too. Lucky you!

I love my mommy!

Orbius
My collection is small lol. I have...

Autobots:

Optimus Prime, Scattershot, Kup, Rodimus.

Decepticons:

Galvatron, Mixmaster, Astrotrain, Soundwave, and Shrapnel. I also have Scourge and Cyclonis *somewhere* in my house, I've been looking for them forever.

All of them are the originals, and pretty much all of them are broken somewhere. (IE Optimus is missing his right arm, Soundwave is missing his head.. I like to play rough hehehe.) And I don't give a damn what anyone says, Transformers were meant to be played with, not kept ina box!

And I'm looking to buy some of the Classics version, anyone know the best spot to get them? I'm on the hunt for some Transformers for myself for xmas, I'm also gunna buy a Devastator.

Has anyone ever bought an Optimus and painted him black in Homage of the original movie? That'd be awesome lol.

Scythe
Originally posted by Orbius
My collection is small lol. I have...

Autobots:

Optimus Prime, Scattershot, Kup, Rodimus.

Decepticons:

Galvatron, Mixmaster, Astrotrain, Soundwave, and Shrapnel. I also have Scourge and Cyclonis *somewhere* in my house, I've been looking for them forever.

All of them are the originals, and pretty much all of them are broken somewhere. (IE Optimus is missing his right arm, Soundwave is missing his head.. I like to play rough hehehe.) And I don't give a damn what anyone says, Transformers were meant to be played with, not kept ina box!

And I'm looking to buy some of the Classics version, anyone know the best spot to get them? I'm on the hunt for some Transformers for myself for xmas, I'm also gunna buy a Devastator.

Has anyone ever bought an Optimus and painted him black in Homage of the original movie? That'd be awesome lol.

eBay and Amazon.Com are where I go. I also purchased a very expensive Black Convoy recently, it's so sweet.

Orbius
Two things I still have yet to figure out.

1: My G1 Optimus came with a black trailer, even tho all the pics I've seen have a silver trailer.

and 2: I have this other, really weird Optimus, that turns into a cube and fuses with his trailer to make an even bigger Prime, I just never knew which version this is.

Edit: Nevermind. I just did some research. Apparently it's Ginrai. I'm still baffled about the black trailer tho.

Scythe
I believe the black trailer was a mistaken part added in from black convoy.

Orbius
Ohhh I just learned, It's a G2 Prime o.o . Oh well, I'll still play with him lol. Looks like I answered my own questions..oops.

Sadako of Girth
Nahhhh I never did that, he was more dark grey.... But if you have Ultra Magnus, the cab section is a dead ringer for Prime in "The return of Optimus Prime"(when he was coated with that metal). though.

Sadako of Girth
The other optimus sounds like Powermaster Prime to me.
Does the cab section's robot mode have the cab mode's windows and engine etc on its back...? With the engine area that houses a little dude who turns into the engine...?
If so, that be him.

EDIT: nvm , just seen that you found out.
Ginrai is the Japanese name for Powermaster Prime.

Scythe
The other optimus sounds like Powermaster Prime to me.
Does the cab section's robot mode have the cab mode's windows and engine etc on its back...? With the engine area that houses a little dude who turns into the engine...?
If so, that be him.

EDIT: nvm , just seen that you found out.
Ginrai is the Japanese name for Powermaster Prime.

I have this toy right here.

http://www.digital-toys.com/THS02EH.gif

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhh yes.... The TH something edition...
Hybrid...?
Similar to the MP prime mould but less parts and smaller.

Scythe
Ahhhh yes.... The TH something edition...
Hybrid...?
Similar to the MP prime mould but less parts and smaller.

Yeah dude, hybrid THS-02 Black Convoy.

Sadako of Girth
Cool. smile Havent seen it about over here.

Scythe
The one that I have is worth quite abit.

Sadako of Girth
For the nemesis prime version....? I can imagine. smile

Scythe
Well, the nemesis prime version came in a black and white box that has a bunch of people's autographs for some reason. My cousin bought it at a hop in Tokyo and there was a signing. Not sure who singed it, but I know it's worth a ton.

EDIT: I can read on of the autographs right now and I think it says Hidetsugu Yoshioka, another that says Suchin Poa.

Orbius
o.o New question that I definitely can't answer on my own. What's the difference between the "Deluxe" class and "Voyager" class of the new movie Toys? Cus I wanna buy a Voyager Blackout, and Deluxe Bumblebee and Barricade. But I don't see anywhere that says a real difference between the types.

Scythe
Voyagers are usually alot bigger, and sometimes better. Voyagers also cost a full twenty some bucks. They're alittle more difficult to transform and have something to do with the actual size of the charcter. Using the size to figure ration. Meaning, you won't find Optimus in the 'deluxe' area. Let me break it up for you.

Deluxe Class, easy to transform smaller 'bots include:

Bumblebee

Arcee

Barricade

Scorponok

Jazz

G1 Jazz

Swindle

and a few others...

Voyager Class, quite abit bigger and alittle harder to transform

Starscream

G1 Starscream

Thundercracker

Blackout

Iron Hide

Ratchet

G1 Ratchet

Leader class, quite expensive, difficult to transform and they're big motherf*ckers:

Optimus

Megatron

and to a certain extend, Ultimate Bumblebee.

Hope this helps ya.

Orbius
Ahh I see. Thanks, I'm gunna have fun shopping for myself this year xD.

Scythe
No problem. I might not have officially explained the difference, but from a toy collectors perspective, it's how I see it.

Orbius
I'm less of a collector and more of a 'it's a transformer, I MUST play with it!'. You're never too old. Ever.

Scythe
Originally posted by Orbius
I'm less of a collector and more of a 'it's a transformer, I MUST play with it!'. You're never too old. Ever.

That's cool man, I play with mine as well. My girlfriend and I constantly have TF battles between her toys and mine. She always wins though...

Orbius
..Does she have a sister/friend/clone? xD I want one like her.

Scythe
She does have sister, but they don't like TF... Sad...

Orbius
Blasphemy! Get the holy water. It's time we convert the world. Except the French.

Scythe
Yeah. I've recently stumbled upon a Classics Ultra Magnus & Skywarp gift set. Yeah... Thinkin' about getting that.

Orbius
They have Classics Ultra Magnus now? Shit I'm missin' out lol. I don't really care for the Classics Prime tho, to be honest.

Scythe
Classic Ultra Magnus looks just like Ultra Prime, only white...

OB1-adobe
look

OB1-adobe
t

xxx

Ericadawn
I'll convert the French if you guys don't want to.

Scythe
there's a Classic Ramjet(or is it Jetfire??) gift set coming out where's he's bundled with Classic Grimlock coming out soon.

Classic Ultra Magnus & Prime are now bundled together as well.

Sadako of Girth
I could go for the Ramjet.. Even though I have the original, the mould is nigh on identical to the cartoon/comic representation.
So I guess im after the seeker classics and the G1 dinobots (again) so Ramjet and Grimlock'd be worth it for me, but screw a Magnus based on classics Prime though. That I can live with out.

So if Magnus is no longer with Skywarp, hopefully we'll start to see Skywarp about on his own. Cause paying nearly double for Skywarp just cause of a big repaint would suck so much arse.

Scythe
I could go for the Ramjet.. Even though I have the original, the mould is nigh on identical to the cartoon/comic representation.
So I guess im after the seeker classics and the G1 dinobots (again) so Ramjet and Grimlock'd be worth it for me, but screw a Magnus based on classics Prime though. That I can live with out.

So if Magnus is no longer with Skywarp, hopefully we'll start to see Skywarp about on his own. Cause paying nearly double for Skywarp just cause of a big repaint would suck so much arse.

Don't get your hopes up, Hasbro has revealed that Magnus will all be the only way to get classic Skywarp. Sorry man.

Sadako of Girth
Feck.

E-bay may then be my only hope.

roughrider
Feck.

E-bay may then be my only hope.

I have the ORIGINAL Ultra Magnus; a birthday present from 1986. He's in prime condition, undamaged, with all the pieces. I even have the original box with the styrofoam. I'm looking at it right now.
How much would you give me for it, out of curiousity?

Scythe
Play with it before you ship it to him. Hahaha.

Sadako of Girth
I still have mine.

Im not a collector, But I wouldn't let mine go in good condition like that for less than a hundred dollars.

Scythe
I f*cking love my hybrid Black Convoy, he's so deliciously Deathmetal.

Sadako of Girth
lol Napalm Death - The transformer

Scythe
lol Napalm Death - The transformer

Hmm?

Sadako of Girth
You've not heard or heard of Napalm Death?

InnerRise
SO has it been settled on whether Starscream actually shot at Megatron or not now that the DVD is out?

I say there's no possible way of telling being that he looked just like all of the other Jets and all we see is A JET shoot at Megatron.

There's no indication that it was Starscream.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Scythe
You've not heard or heard of Napalm Death?

I've heard of the band Napalm Death, but I thought you were referring to a TF by that name.

Originally posted by InnerRise
SO has it been settled on whether Starscream actually shot at Megatron or not now that the DVD is out?

I say there's no possible way of telling being that he looked just like all of the other Jets and all we see is A JET shoot at Megatron.

There's no indication that it was Starscream.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Yeah, I've re-watched it several times, I can't tell for shit. Who cares, since I believe that if he would've taken a shot at him, they would've, ya know, payed at least alittle detail to it. We shouldn't have to figure/guess a(n) (semi)important event in a movie, it should be shown to us.

Scythe
Here is my collection, finally! It's small, but I wouldn't know what to do without them. Most of these kept me going through rough times growing up. As a kid I spent alot of time in the hospital because of my OsteoGenesis, so some of these kept my sanity from slipping.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Hyperphase/TF.jpg

In the back row, we have:

Movie Starscream

Movie Starscream G1 repaint

20th Anniversary Optimus Prime

Green Repaint of Grimlock (He's alittle hard to see, but he's the green T-Rex there)

Movie Starscream Thundercracker repaint

Movie Optimus

Front row:

Barricade (In car form for some reason...)

Black Convoy

Deluxe Optimus Prime

Classic Optimus Prime

I also have a few Die-Cast figures, I have Starscream, Optimus and War Within Optimus.

Two lollipop holding keychains in the shape of Prime and Megatron's face pictured there at the bottom and some Lunchable snacks TF goodies.

But my pride and joy!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Hyperphase/BlackConvoy.jpg

My Black Convoy/Scourge/Nemesis Prime T.H.S. - 02B!

The box it came with was autographed by some guy who's hopefully important, and has and insane level of detail. He's my favorite!

Scythe
I'm tempted to buy a Takara Encore Optimus....I don't know...

Sadako of Girth
Cool...!

So evil roller has....pink.....seats....?

Hmmmmm.

So THATS how evil rolls.... shifty

Scythe
Cool...!

So evil roller has....pink.....seats....?

Hmmmmm.

So THATS how evil rolls.... shifty

They're actually red, but yeah. Hahahaah.

Sadako of Girth
Looks like pink in the pic.... Same colour as Nemesis Prime's left window in the pic.
They definitely seemed to go for pastille colours there.

Must be the lighting or something.
Either that or your camera has pink eye.. stick out tongue

BTW I noticed several differences between your MP Prime and mine. The eyes look like they are of a different more-matte like material, and the red on the body work is lighter, the stacks look like they are the painted variety. There is the battle damage thing on mine (which I partially removed) And the white stripe around the torso and arms is like a darker grey/silver on mine.
And the white continues to his "radiator grille" too where as its the chrome on mine.
Also like the original toy, mine has the Japanese like signal light details on the feet, whereas the new edition there has different US freindly signals.
This confirms what I'd thought previously, that yours is the Movie anniversary Prime, which would also explain the different arm-communicator details too.

Interesting.
I Like the look of it. Very anime freindly.

Scythe
Looks like pink in the pic.... Same colour as Nemesis Prime's left window in the pic.
They definitely seemed to go for pastille colours there.

Must be the lighting or something.
Either that or your camera has pink eye.. stick out tongue

BTW I noticed several differences between your MP Prime and mine. The eyes look like they are of a different more-matte like material, and the red on the body work is lighter, the stacks look like they are the painted variety. There is the battle damage thing on mine (which I partially removed) And the white stripe around the torso and arms is like a darker grey/silver on mine.
And the white continues to his "radiator grille" too where as its the chrome on mine.
Also like the original toy, mine has the Japanese like signal light details on the feet, whereas the new edition there has different US freindly signals.
This confirms what I'd thought previously, that yours is the Movie anniversary Prime, which would also explain the different arm-communicator details too.

Interesting.
I Like the look of it. Very anime freindly.

Oh, yeah. I figured this out as well. Hahaha, I thought you already knew way before me.

But yeah, I had a choice to buy the one that you have with battle damage and the 20th anniversary movie one, and I went for the US friendly one because of the battle damage that the other onehad. It looked,....stupid....

Sadako of Girth
Yeah I removed most of mine. Just left it around the knee joints and stuff where it looked kinda appropriate and cool.

Well its convinced me that it'd be worth picking your edition up if I see it for reasonable money as there are enough differences to warrant it. smile

Scythe
Yeah I removed most of mine. Just left it around the knee joints and stuff where it looked kinda appropriate and cool.

Well its convinced me that it'd be worth picking your edition up if I see it for reasonable money as there are enough differences to warrant it. smile

The 20th Anniversary dvd edition comes with an autobot matrix shaped base that plays voice clip of optimus rehearsing several lines from the first episode.

Sadako of Girth
Its Cullen?

Scythe
Yeah. I'm almost sure it is.

Sadako of Girth
smile Cool.

Scythe
I think all of the clips were taken from the first feature film.

Sadako of Girth
From the 1986 movie...?

Cool. Which lines...?

"Megatron must be stopped... no matter the cost!" had better be one of them. stick out tongue

Scythe
From the 1986 movie...?

Cool. Which lines...?

"Megatron must be stopped... no matter the cost!" had better be one of them. stick out tongue

I think that one is. Others that I can remember are:

"All we need is alittle bit of energon and alot of luck"

"I need you to make a special trip to Autobot city"

"Classic transformers transforming sound back up"

Classic TF sound back down" so in other words the sound of them changing from bot to vehicle and vice versa

"Autobots, transform and roll out"

I think that's it.

Sadako of Girth
big grin Nice!

Scythe
So in recent TF toy news, the new TF toys for the animated cartoon show have been unvieled. They look......horrible....

Sadako of Girth
Indeed. Next time I run out of loo-roll, Im printing that particular selection off and saving myself and awkward squishy/smelly walk to the shops.

I'll make sure that the new Optimus gets the brunt of it. stick out tongue

Scythe
You're doing what now with the what now?

Sadako of Girth
The world first dirty protest at lousy TFs development.

Scythe
Nice.

Scythe
G1 classics wave 2 starts shipping in Aug. 08'! Sorta lame that Hasbro is releasing the already released classics with "chrome" and slight paint differences, but needless to say, there are a few new bots coming out.

If you guys would like me to post up the new characters appearing in G1 Classics wave 2, let me know.

Scythe
Hey everyone, I'm urging everyone with a TF collection to start their own threads and showcase their collection for all to see. It's just a fun idea I've been working with, let me know if you're up to it, thanks.

Sadako of Girth
Good idea, but probably best if its in one thread.... A lot of people have collections. Would be zillions of threads extra to mod.

(Unless a sub-section was introduced the rest of the topics'd be lost.)

Scythe
Good idea, but probably best if its in one thread.... A lot of people have collections. Would be zillions of threads extra to mod.

(Unless a sub-section was introduced the rest of the topics'd be lost.)

Actually, no, not exactly. There are penty of people with collections, I don't see a high number of threads arising. Maybe it's because of the Transformer fan ration on here. So go ahead man, I'm dying to see what you have.

Alpha Centauri
The only figures from the recent movie I liked, and bothered to get, were Ratchet, Barricade and the C.C. Bumblebee. I have Blackout, which is decent, but it was given to me.

I don't mind the new show from what I've seen, but I won't be tuning in regularly and definitely not getting any of the figures.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
Actually, no, not exactly. There are penty of people with collections, I don't see a high number of threads arising. Maybe it's because of the Transformer fan ration on here. So go ahead man, I'm dying to see what you have.

Youve pretty much seen that already. smile

Scythe
Ah, at least I tried, haha. So are any of you guys expanding your collection? I have, and I'm hoping to post up me carefully chosen collection as soon as I get my Nemesis Prime Alternator.

Sadako of Girth
Might go for some of the classics: Skywarp, Prowl and Sunstreaker namely. Also some of the G1 re-issues coming out might be in danger of being bought.

Scythe
Might go for some of the classics: Skywarp, Prowl and Sunstreaker namely. Also some of the G1 re-issues coming out might be in danger of being bought.

Oh, and you're not going for Classics Octane? The figure looks sweet man.

As for me, probably check out classics Prowl and Octane, at the moment, I'm expanding my collection of black primes. Just picked up a brand new Black Lio Convoy.

Sadako of Girth
I may do, but compared to Prowl and Sunstreaker, getting is just a lower proirity for me as I only really bother getting hold of really cool versions of my fav characters from back in the day. Got too much else needing my cash in life and Octane was never really a fav of mine.

But the original wave of G1 (IE those featured in TF marvel issue #1) would be definites. Now if they redid a convincing Blitzwing... shifty

Scythe
Haha, ah Blitzwing. Yeah. Sounds cool Sadako, keep the hobby going while still keeping track of a steady cash flow. I honestly can't see how people can fork over tons of money for luckydraw figures. Damn, they're expensive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.