Will there be a Pirates 4 and what's it gonna be about?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin2009
Pirates of the Caribbean:At World's End was a hit just like eveyone expected, but now questions are buzzing in the air about more sequels. Will there be a Pirates 4? Right now it is probably inevitable, says Disney. But to me you can't ruin a good thing, don't get me wrong I love Pirates just as much as anyone here but just think a minute when will it end though? The Pirates Trilogy is one of the greatest trilogies ever created!!! I'm sure there are more stories to tell about Jack Sparrow but according to Gore Verbinski the story of Elizabeth and Will is over. So what do I suggest? A spin-off. Yes, I say make a movie about Jack Sparrow seperated from the other Pirates of the Caribbean films. What will it be about? Good question. Right now rumors are flying everywhere on what it should be about. The top 2 that I have looked at are Jack in search for the fountain of youth(which would make sense because that's how Pirates 3 ends), and the other and a bit crazy sounding, Jack discovers Atlantis. Now will it be Pirates of the Caribbean 4 or a spin-off I don't know, but I say since Will and Elizabeth aren't in it then it wouldn't seem like Pirates to me. I'm sure if they make a spin-off it will still enjoy tons of rewards in the box office.

Jaeh_JediPirate
actually, they fitted the search for the fountain of youth with atlantis.

i think it actually sounds great. (either i really do think that, or more Captain Jack Sparrow clouds my judgement.. big grin ) But nevertheless, i think it sounds AWEsome.

tee_pirategirl
I think it sounds AWEsome too but I agree that it wouldn't be the same without Will and Elizabeth.

I'm not sure it'll be a spin off cause Gore, Geoffrey and Johnny wouldn't sign on if it was. With T&T writing the script it won't be a spin off but I'm not sure if it'll be as good as the first trilogy

!!tangerines!!
yea what she said ^^^ big grin

Jaeh_JediPirate
yep.

still bummed about lizzie and whelp not being on it... erm

Anakin2009
Well just think for a minute, if they're gonna do a Pirates 4 shouldn't they try to add Will and Elizabeth in it? I mean like I said in another article of mine they need to add them in there some way. But if they won't then they should just create a Jack Sparrow film all to himself.

Jaeh_JediPirate
Well, it's not that they can't add will and lizzie in. it's just that Keira and Orli are hesitant on doing another POTC movie for many reasons.

joanjoan
Well, I'd like to see Liz but without Will. No triangles with Will big grin . Jack would probably stay alone at the end again. However Liz has a son now. So it can be difficult for the authors to bring her back. Would she leave her son or take him with her, setting off? Probably they would find a way to solve this problem if they only wanted. But frankly I think the movie will be focused on Jack, without Liz and Will. Probably a new female will be introduced...
I just want Jack to be happy in POTC4, that's all I want from this movie big grin

miss_swann

oo-la-la-Julia
Hey,
yeaterday I was searching on yahoo for any info bout pirates 4. and they said there will be a 4th one but it won't be for a while!..They're going to start producing the 4th movie between 2009-2011!..and since the end of the 3rd movie mentioned the fountain of youth, Jerry(the producer) announced that it would be called "pirates of the caribbean 4: the fountain of youth!"..Johnny Depp is very eager to be making more pirates movies!..and Gefforey Rush agreed to do it as well!

miss_swann
WOW! *eyes glaze over* It kinda sucks seeing as I'll be like 17... Would it be strange to go watch a kids movie?

willofthewisp
So...POTC without Will and Liz and Norrington? I just don't think it would work without all of them together. I like trilogies. They feel complete without all of us getting tired of them. Can you imagine Pirates 12: the Saga of Immortal Will and Senile Liz? Or if they aren't in any of them ever again, Pirates 10: Journey to the Center of the Earth? I love Jack, but he needs his buddies with him, don't you think?

miss_swann
Johnny Depp is good, but he doesn't make the film. He needs Orlando and Keira (and possibly Geoffery).

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by miss_swann
WOW! *eyes glaze over* It kinda sucks seeing as I'll be like 17... Would it be strange to go watch a kids movie?

Its not really a kids movie.Just because Disney is behind it.The movie is probably Disney's most mature title I have seen.(Ntot saying its a very mature movie, but its not exactly a kids movie either.)

oo-la-la-Julia
i dont exactly think jack sparrow needs will and liz by his side cuz he seems to have had a very interesting life before he first met them!..plus his charater is soo life like, its almost as if he can pull off da movie without any other people by his side da whole movie(of course with others but not major characters always wit him)

To Freedom
I really don't want to see POTC 4 turn into an over-bloated, over-the-top, confusing, jarring science fiction movie. It should continue the genre of pirate movies with very very minor mythological elements.

I can't imagine Jack or Barbossa meeting aliens or dinosaurs, pur-lease!

And every summer movie needs to have a love story thrown in so that all target markets are covered: pre-teens, young adults, young-at-heart of both sexes from 12 - 50. No more Will and Liz! That love story was lame in the first place and so over that to bring it back again is like eating puke. The love story should be Jack's, this time, and I'm NOT talking about Barbossa/Jack or MonkeyJack/Jack!

oo-la-la-Julia
seems like some people here arent exactly pirates fans!

Anakin2009
Well pirate films will keep coming no matter what we say or do because it's a big thing in film business right now, but you can't over use a good thing like Pirates of the Caribbean, Jack Sparrow is a main part to the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise but if he doesn't have young William to force into bad situations or Miss Swann to woo upon then that sort of takes some of the comedy of it away. So Jack should have his own film with new characters in it that he can do that stuff to, I'm not saying make it a love story but you get the idea. It just won't be the same without Will and Elizabeth that's all I'm saying.

miss_swann
Originally posted by Anakin2009
Well pirate films will keep coming no matter what we say or do
YAY!

or Miss Swann to
Mrs Turner!

So Jack should have his own film with new characters in it that he can do that stuff to, I'm not saying make it a love story but you get the idea. It just won't be the same without Will and Elizabeth that's all I'm saying.
Yay! JACK FILM!!!! But without Will and Elizabeth sad although, what can you do with them now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.