Ryu & Ken run the rivals gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
Gouken's students go on a quest to prove they are the greatest rivals in Fighting Games history.

This is the rivals gauntlet:

1. Sakura & Karim
2. Jin & Hwoarang
3. Hayabusa & Hayate
4. Ayane & Kasumi
5. Ryo Sakazaki & Robert Garcia
6. Terry & Andy Bogard
7. Kazuya & Heihachi
8. Kyo & Iori
9. Sub-Zero & Scorpion
10 Morrigan & Lillith Aensland

They get full rest & health after each fight. Everyone will be fighting at their best. Ryu & Ken are given 30 minutes prep time before each match to discuss strategies.

How far do they get?

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/cartoons/streetfighter/street_fighter_1.jpg

PS - I know certain members will complain about the order, but it really isn't easy to get a specific order that makes everyone happy.

Sandai Kitetsu
They stop at nine with rest, but without rest they stop at four.

FortressXRuler
They can take this if they can fully utilize thier 30 min prep time.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by FortressXRuler
They can take this if they can fully utilize thier 30 min prep time.

They will never beat Morrigan & Lillith.

Sandai Kitetsu
I don't see the point of making a gauntlet unclearable.

FortressXRuler
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
They will never beat Morrigan & Lillith.
Ugh, it burns us .Those sluts can burn and scream in the fiery pit of hot hell

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
I don't see the point of making a gauntlet unclearable.

I wanted to include Darkstalkers in it...they could only fit in slot 10. Nothing personal. At least I ain't putting the Aenslands at 2 and Sakura & Karim in 10.

FortressXRuler
I see now.

Superboy Prime
They stop at nine with rest, but without rest they stop at four.

Agreed.

Without rest:
Sakura & Karim are just warm up. Jin & Hwoarang are tougher, but Hwoarang handicaps Jin. He gets tag team owned. Hayabusa & Hayate will fair better, but Hayate handicaps Hayabusa...and Hayabusa gets double teamed. Ayane & Kasumi stop them for 2 reasons:

1. Ryu & Ken will be exhausted by the time they fight the kunoichi sisters
and
2. Ayane & Kasumi are both formidable and none of them will be easily disposed of unlike Hwoarang and Hayate.

With rest:
I see them capable of reaching Scorpion & Subzero, but I have to give the mortal kombat ninja the majority of wins.

Sandai Kitetsu
Actually, without rest they stop at six.

Superboy Prime
Now I disagree.

Sandai Kitetsu
Well, Hayabusa and hayate might work them hard enough for them to be exauhasted by the twin kunoichi's. But, they still aren't powerful enough to beat Ken & Ryu. Maybe if they fought Andy & Terry after Team number three.

Superboy Prime
Even after they have already fought Jin, Hwoarang, Hayabusa and Hayate? I think you're giving them too much credit, but whatever suits you.

Sandai Kitetsu
Even they have already fought Jin, Hwoarang, Hayabusa and Hayate? I think you're giving them too much credit, but whatever suits you.

Karin & Sakura: Ken beats them
Jin & Hworang: Pfft, those pretty boys get their asses hande dt them
Hayabusa & Hayte: This would wear them out, but alot.
Ayane & Kasumi: They're not that worn out.

Superboy Prime
I agree to disagree. I am not in the mood to debate with you right now.

Sandai Kitetsu
I agree to disagree. I am not really in a mood to debate.

Why'd you make this thread then? confused

Superboy Prime
Why'd you make this thread then? confused

I edited that. I said currently I am not in the mood to debate with you. Debating with you can be exhausting, and I'm too tired for that. I wanted to know everyone's opinion too.

Sandai Kitetsu
I edited that. I said currently I am not in the mood to debate with you. Debating with you can be exhausting, and I'm too tired for that. I wanted to know everyone's opinion too.

That's seemed like a sexual innuendo laughing

FortressXRuler
Ugh, it burns us. Thats gross.

HonkyTonkMan
I think that the only real teams to give them a run for their money is Hayabusa and Hayate and Terry and Andy.

Kasumi and Ayane, Kyo and Iori and Sub Zero and Scorpion would be at each others throats before the fight would begin. And when it did they'd still be at each other until Ryu and Ken knocks'm sensless.

1. Sakura & Karin
Get there face beaten in under a minute.
2. Jin & Hwoarang
Jin and Hwoarang soon realise they are marely small fish in a big ocean.
3. Hayabusa & Hayate
New to the game Hayate goes down to a sweet Shinryuken Uppercut by Ken, and due to numbers Hayabusa soon follows. (Note: Hayabusas dad is 'Ken' Hayabusa confused )
4. Ayane & Kasumi
If Hayabusa fails so do these guys...only faster.
After being walked on like ants, Ryo and Robert retreat for more training.
6. Terry & Andy Bogard
Fatal Fury versus Street Fighter, Ryu and Ken take this after a hard battle with the Bogards.
7. Kazuya & Heihachi
These Tekken bad boys take each other out before the 'actual' battle begins. If not, they still get wiped out.
8. Kyo & Iori
An equal fight it would be if not for Iori's hatred towards Kyo. Ryu and Ken take this whether they work together or not.
9. Sub-Zero & Scorpion
The fight that's been years in the making, same story as Kyo/Iori and Kazuya/Heihachi but if they did work together it's a fifty fifty. Hard to pick, probably a draw here or someone might pull off a lucky shot. Who knows...
They hold the vampires off until the sun shows up or the vampires get cocky and then get a big bite of Hadoken.

BlaxicanHydra
Morrigan simply blinks the duo out of existence erm

Either way no matter what happens they get stopped at 9, Scorpion drags them both down to hell were they get overrun 2000-to-2.

StyleTime
Originally posted by HonkyTonkMan

4. Ayane & Kasumi
If Hayabusa fails so do these guys...only faster.

I'm curious as to why you think this.

As for the gauntlet, the duo could stop at any of these.

Ayane/Kasumi
Kazuya/Heihachi
Scorpion/Subzero
.....obviously they get curbstomped at Morrigan/Lilith.

The prep time works in their favor though. They could probably get to 10 if they strategize properly.

brainchild81

After being walked on like ants, Ryo and Robert retreat for more training.
6. Terry & Andy Bogard
Fatal Fury versus Street Fighter, Ryu and Ken take this after a hard battle with the Bogards.They get beat on much worse than Ripoff Suckassaki & Robert. Andy is gonna get trashed by whoever he fights & then Terry gets totally elimated
8. Kyo & Iori
An equal fight it would be if not for Iori's hatred towards Kyo. Ryu and Ken take this whether they work together or not.This would be a much harder fight than Terry & his inferior brother
They hold the vampires off until the sun shows up or the vampires get cocky and then get a big bite of Hadoken. Ken & Ryu get their asses kicked & wind up as sex slaves. Ryu finally gets some trim though big grin I'm not sure about the DOA people.

HonkyTonkMan
Originally posted by StyleTime
I'm curious as to why you think this.

As for the gauntlet, the duo could stop at any of these.

Ayane/Kasumi
Kazuya/Heihachi
Scorpion/Subzero
.....obviously they get curbstomped at Morrigan/Lilith.

The prep time works in their favor though. They could probably get to 10 if they strategize properly.

Ayane and Kamsumi in my opinion would be owned by Hayate and Hayabusa (aka. The super ninja). And i'm thinking as the fight would be, Ayane and Kasumi wouldn't work as well in a team as Ryu and Ken would. The mountain chested girls get pulvarised.

Heihachi and Kazuya are jokes compared to these 'mighty' Street Fighters'. If this was to happen the sh*t would hit the fan for the Tekken oldies and one of them would bale on the other or they'd just simply be outclassed. Considering Ryu went toe to toe with Akuma for awhile i'd like to see old man'hachi and wannabe 'scar-like-Sagat' Kazuya have a go against him. Father and son go down to China town.

Scorpion and Sub Zero would be the best fight to see. Sure they won't work great as a team as they hate each other to pieces, but if they did it'd be the best fight evar. Even if the other two teams did it'd be boring as wrinkly **** because everyone knows Ryu and Ken would own DOA & Tekken fighters. As would Subz and Scorps of course. These four are the gurus (of fighting games) that set the standard. I don't know who'd win this fight it's to close to tell.

As for Morrigan and Lillith, these guys aren't even human maybe if it was Evil Ryu and Violent Ken for this round it'd make it interesting.
But yeah, the only way I saw them win is in the sun really. I mean c'mon people.....

StyleTime
Ayane and Kamsumi in my opinion would be owned by Hayate and Hayabusa (aka. The super ninja). And i'm thinking as the fight would be, Ayane and Kasumi wouldn't work as well in a team as Ryu and Ken would. The mountain chested girls get pulvarised.

Hayate was defeated Ayane in DOA3. Hayate is the weakest ninja.

Superboy Prime
H2H Hayabusa, Kasumi & Ayane are pretty much on the same top tier level of the DOAverse.

Hayate is just a hightier...eventhough he hasn't done anything but get his ass kicked. He gets prop for hangin' out with them though.

Superboy Prime
Ryu & Ken vs SubZero & Scorpion
cgTdEAoiYN8dur

ThoraxeRMG
They win when Ryu goes Satsu No hadou and Ken goes into that "Riot of the blood."
XD

Superboy Prime
Even with the murderous intent they won't get past Morrigan & Lilith, dude.

These girls are leagues beyond them.

Sandai Kitetsu
Now that I think about it, they stop at five without rest. Ryo & Robert are pretty formidable.

StyleTime
cgTdEAoiYN8dur
That was very entertaining. The people who made that have far too much time on their hands though.

I loved the handshake at the end lmao.

Sado22
hysterical

too bad it aint happening. they go down at two. they aint getting past hybrig boy and his redhead gay pal wink

Guilty Gear
cgTdEAoiYN8dur I've watched 1/4 of this so far and I am seriously laughing my ass off.

Edit: 2:30 - 2:25 was freaking awesome.

2D_MASTER
Gouken's students go on a quest to prove they are the greatest rivals in Fighting Games history.

This is the rivals gauntlet:

1. Sakura & Karim
2. Jin & Hwoarang
3. Hayabusa & Hayate
4. Ayane & Kasumi
6. Terry & Andy Bogard
7. Kazuya & Heihachi
8. Kyo & Iori
9. Sub-Zero & Scorpion

WTF. Why didn't you put Terry and Geese as rivals, then they would have stopped at 6. Andy is a hermy... he would just weigh Terry down.

Superboy Prime
I meant rivals as in "friendly" rivals...Ayane & Kasumi/Heihachi & Kazuya are rivals...but still family. Get what I mean? Geese & Terry would be more like deadly stood enemies.

Sado22
so wait....ayane and kasumi are not lesbians?
aw man....SBP you just ruined my day sad

Superboy Prime
They are still lesbians and are into incest. smile

Sado22
love

Usual Suspect
They stop at 9 if they have the chance to rest. Why did you put Morrigan and Lilith in this.

Lilith by herself can kill Ryu and Ken at the same time.

Superboy Prime
I already explained why the were in the gauntlet.

I agree about stopping at 9 with rest.

ThoraxeRMG
I gotta admit, I really hate Kasumi and Ayane.
Pathetic Characters, even more in game mechanics.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Sado22
hysterical

too bad it aint happening. they go down at two. they aint getting past hybrig boy and his redhead gay pal wink laughing 'Rang ain't gay, but I really see him getting brutalized by either opponent & then Jin gets totally eliminated same as Terry is going to get 'cause of his inferior sibling. R.I.P. John Kronus

StyleTime
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
I gotta admit, I really hate Kasumi and Ayane.
Pathetic Characters, even more in game mechanics.
Nah.

brainchild81
They have big titties & they kick high. It's difficult for me to hate them

StyleTime
Exactly.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by brainchild81
laughing 'Rang ain't gay, but I really see him getting brutalized by either opponent & then Jin gets totally eliminated same as Terry is going to get 'cause of his inferior sibling. R.I.P. John Kronus

Sad but true.

Guilty Gear
laughing 'Rang ain't gay, but I really see him getting brutalized by either opponent & then Jin gets totally eliminated same as Terry is going to get 'cause of his inferior sibling. R.I.P. John Kronus Ken beats Hwoarang.

Jin beats Ryu.

Jin WTFpwns Ken.

Yeah, they stop at two.

lightness
replace andy with kim and they got a good chance of stopping there.

brainchild81
I also think that Kim>Andy, but ain't you the guy who said Kim beat Terry & never gave any evidence? Even w/Kim, Ken & Ryu still whoop that assOriginally posted by Guilty Gear
Ken beats Hwoarang.

Jin beats Ryu.

Jin WTFpwns Ken.

Yeah, they stop at two. Ken beats Hwoarang. Ryu & Jin fight. Jin gets a hadoken to the back of the skull from Ken & stumbles into the shin shoryuken. Then they stand him up between them & this happens. R.I.P. John Kronus

Sado22
Jin wins. SF is fake. wink

Guilty Gear
Ken beats Hwoarang. Ryu & Jin fight. Jin gets a hadoken to the back of the skull from Ken & stumbles into the shin shoryuken. Then they stand him up between them & this happens. R.I.P. John Kronus Yeah in fanboy land

brainchild81
That was a much lamer response than usual mane. Do betterOriginally posted by Sado22
Jin wins. SF is fake. wink laughing Sending you a PM 'bout that Rock/"Hogan" wink fight in KOF 2003

Guilty Gear
Oh yeah, like your responses were any better roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyways, it's pretty obvious that Jin pwns Ryu, so pwning Ken wouldn't be a problem.

Sado22
bring it on, gooseking! mad

~Sado

Superboy Prime
I don't see Jin taking on both Ryu & Ken.

brainchild81
DittoOriginally posted by Sado22
bring it on, gooseking! mad

~Sado Just did.Originally posted by Guilty Gear
Oh yeah, like your responses were any better roll eyes (sarcastic) Always big grin And so are yours, usually
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
Anyways, it's pretty obvious that Jin pwns Ryu, so pwning Ken wouldn't be a problem. Don't see it that way. & I really don't see him beating both @the same time mane

HonkyTonkMan
Hwoarang gets the beats from Ken and whilst Jin attempts to go blow for blow with Ryu, Ken jumps in and assists in the slaughtering of Jin.

Superboy Prime
Jin is tough. I'll give him that, but soloing Ryu & Ken is giving him too much credit.

shin_remy
Originally posted by Guilty Gear

Anyways, it's pretty obvious that Jin pwns Ryu, so pwning Ken wouldn't be a problem.

laughing wow no expression

Sado22
i agree. even though i think he can take them out solo, together Ryu and Ken form one of the best teams in fighting games. not only are they best friends, they are also near equals and have great understanding and good chemistry...........heck they should have someone passing the vaseline between them! big grin
Jin will go down if he has to take them both on ALONE.

~Sado

Guilty Gear
I never said Jin would pwn those two at the same time. Someone needs to learn how to read posts correctly.

I said Jin would pwn Ryu, which is obvious. I then said that considering that info pwning Ken wouldn't be a problem. I never stated Jin > Ryu and Ken working as a team.

Get it right.

Superboy Prime
You should know by now that everything you say here can and will be used against you, my friend. So please try to be more specific. Just a tip.

Sado22
no, gears is right.....why should he be held responsible for what he didnt say or mean. its his right to have his name cleared of all misinterpretation and the resulting problems.

~Sado

DarkC
Pairs seven, nine, and ten are the only real challenges I can see.

StyleTime

Jin will go down if he has to take them both on ALONE.

~Sado
Unless he goes Devil. shifty

brainchild81
no, gears is right.....why should he be held responsible for what he didnt say or mean. its his right to have his name cleared of all misinterpretation and the resulting problems.

~Sado But the exchange we were having did involve Jin getting jumped & losing. He made the mistake of bringing up 1 on 1 Vs Ken when that clearly wasn't the case in my scenario.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.