The First Reaction... [Spoilers for DH]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

siriuswriter
What was your first reaction after reading the final words of the epilogue?

Mine :

Wow. That was... brilliant.

Luna150
I thought the ending was more amazing then anything i could have expected.

Soljer
Originally posted by Luna150
I thought the ending was more amazing then anything i could have expected.

Seriously? I thought the book itself was good, but the happy ending seemed very tacked on to me. At least the epilogue, did. I would have been happy without the very last bit - leaving everyone's future up to the imagination.

Spoilers:

Seriously. Get married and live happily ever after? Could it have BEEN any more cliche? :-\.

JesusTheChrist
Reaction: Fail.

ndfreak
Reaction:...holy fu@k...

Imaginary
Originally posted by Soljer
Seriously? I thought the book itself was good, but the happy ending seemed very tacked on to me. At least the epilogue, did. I would have been happy without the very last bit - leaving everyone's future up to the imagination.

Spoilers:

Seriously. Get married and live happily ever after? Could it have BEEN any more cliche? :-\.

Agreed. That's what fanfiction's for... to explore all the possibilites of what happens after.

siriuswriter

Spoilers:

Yeah, the epilogue was a little high on the cheese factor for me. Naming all their kids after the deceased? One big happy Weasley family? *I mean, yeah I had been rooting for that of course... roll eyes (sarcastic) ) but surely, surely we could have had something with a little more creative... oomph. It was a definite anticlimax to the end of the novel itself. Mrah.

ndfreak
i thought this was the best book of the series. But i do think the epilouge could've had more people in it. Were are bill and fleurs kids? And Luna. what happened to her?

Soljer
Originally posted by ndfreak
i thought this was the best book of the series. But i do think the epilouge could've had more people in it. Were are bill and fleurs kids? And Luna. what happened to her?

She married Neville and had three kids named Fred, Lupin and Tonks.

roll eyes (sarcastic).

jasonowens4200

Spoilers:

get over yourself you know if she didnt you wouldnt have wanted her to then to know what happend it was personly i think the best way to end it and by far the best book/story the will EVER be written

Arctic
I thought the book was excellent. And to all you people boo hooing about the "cliche" epilogue, what the heck? The entire series is anything but cliche, the entire seventh book is not anywhere near cliche. So why are you complaining that she made it a happy ending? That's what I wanted for sure.

~LunaLoveG~
it is the type of happy ending she gave. Not the fact that she gave a happy ending

I wold have loved a walk in the sunset type of ending. left for you to decide . the happy ending wasn't the ending I suspected. it was sort of cheesy. I mean it was just so easy for them. they got married had kids. the whole shebang and lived happily ever after. I would not mind them being married but having kids is too pristine. maybe them looking out to the horizon as the sun sets on the beach with the signafgant other or something but this ending was ANTICLIMATIC. not bitter sweet. the cheese about the horizon thing is good. just ..I don't know. it was just like everyday life. it wasn't an actual look to how this effected their lives. it was more a day in the life of 'potter

By the way. who wants to join in on a cup of tea as we sob over the death of tonks. Anyone up for it no expression

Lucid Lui
Thought it was great. Yeah, the epilogue ending was cheesy as hell, (should've ended it in Dumbledore's office) but it really doesn't matter cause the rest of the book was awesome.

~LunaLoveG~
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Thought it was great. Yeah, the epilogue ending was cheesy as hell, (should've ended it in Dumbledore's office) but it really doesn't matter cause the rest of the book was awesome.

'tis. a way to avoid the cheese is to just stop reading after dumbledores office yes

Lucid Lui
Exactly right.

Though, reading the book within the last 24 hours has messed up my head a little. My thoughts all seem to be taking the form of narration.

Wonder how long that'll last...

~LunaLoveG~
Exactly right.

Though, reading the book within the last 24 hours has messed up my head a little. My thoughts all seem to be taking the form of narration.

Usually about a week or so erm I think I was born with self narration. or I am absoultly loony

Diamonds
I loved the book as a whole, and yeah, the ending was really cliche, but I liked it actually. It made me go *squee* smile
But seriously, what sort of a name is Albus Severus? Poor kid.
I was reading the battle bits really fast and I appear to have missed when Tonks and Lupin die. I'll find it when I read it again.
And I knew Snape loved Lily. Smug.

Quinlan-Vos
Originally posted by Diamonds
I loved the book as a whole, and yeah, the ending was really cliche, but I liked it actually. It made me go *squee* smile
But seriously, what sort of a name is Albus Severus? Poor kid.
I was reading the battle bits really fast and I appear to have missed when Tonks and Lupin die. I'll find it when I read it again.
And I knew Snape loved Lily. Smug.
Tonks and Lupin's deaths happen away from Harry so we never hear about them until their bodies are there. I can't believe there was so few tears for them, after Harry himself threw a goddam tantrum and tried to break Dumbledore's office apart when Sirius died...

allofyousuckkk
Why did the curse rebound off Harry at the end?

Council#13
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
Why did the curse rebound off Harry at the end?

Because Harry was the rightful owner to the Elder Wand, and because of that, the wand refused to hurt Harry, and so it rebounded the curse off of Harry's spell onto Voldemort.

I think that the book was really good. However, I didn't like the epilogue at the end. It's wonderful that J.K. decided to let us all know that the characters were good and well at the end, but I would have liked to know what happened to some of the other characters. Luna? Lavender? The Malfoy parents?

exanda kane
Solid book. It kept meandering along at points, but when it pulled each prospective subplot/event together it done it bloody well. That last bout with Voldemort had some great dialogue.

Must confess I wanted a big scene between Harry and Snape, I thought Regellus Black deserved a brave last stand against Death Eaters to make his brother proud, and Bellatrix's death should have been given to Neville.

Quinlan-Vos
Originally posted by Council#13
Because Harry was the rightful owner to the Elder Wand, and because of that, the wand refused to hurt Harry, and so it rebounded the curse off of Harry's spell onto Voldemort.

I think that the book was really good. However, I didn't like the epilogue at the end. It's wonderful that J.K. decided to let us all know that the characters were good and well at the end, but I would have liked to know what happened to some of the other characters. Luna? Lavender? The Malfoy parents? Agreed about the epilogue. When she said that we'd find out about the characters, I assumed we'd at least know about the main supporting characters, and not so little about the ones she did mention. 'Everyone got married and had kids and it all happened at the same time.'

DeepPink
I liked the idea of an epilogue, but maybe something a bit less same-y as the rest of the book. If it was told in a different format maybe... perhaps like a list of facts... or told through a less major characters point of view as their memoirs....

Ok, those arent good ideas. But I'm not an author lol. I just would've liked something a little different.

ALSO: spoiler here. Totally disappointed with the Ron/Hermione thing. I was expecting to see a lot of their relationship sort of... blossoming or whatever. Not just one kiss near the end messed

jasonowens4200
JKR said never say never when asked about really end the series maybe the ending was a way to leave it open if she ever wanted to write about it again using their kids

Soljer
Originally posted by DeepPink
I liked the idea of an epilogue, but maybe something a bit less same-y as the rest of the book. If it was told in a different format maybe... perhaps like a list of facts... or told through a less major characters point of view as their memoirs....

Ok, those arent good ideas. But I'm not an author lol. I just would've liked something a little different.

ALSO: spoiler here. Totally disappointed with the Ron/Hermione thing. I was expecting to see a lot of their relationship sort of... blossoming or whatever. Not just one kiss near the end messed

They get married and have two kids.

How much more can one blossom?

stick out tongue.

Just being a smart ass, I know you meant, rather, over the course of the book.

DeepPink
They get married and have two kids.

How much more can one blossom?

stick out tongue.

Just being a smart ass, I know you meant, rather, over the course of the book.

laughing out loud
Yeah I guess.
But I've waited so long to see them get together and then.... nothing really happened!! Just a ''By the way guys, they get married and stuff.'' at the end roll eyes (sarcastic)

ladygrim
Hmm I dont relly know i liked the book but the ending to me was abit weak too much like a fairy tale ending if you ask me sad but she didnt write it with 20 year olds in mind

~LunaLoveG~
Originally posted by DeepPink
laughing out loud
Yeah I guess.
But I've waited so long to see them get together and then.... nothing really happened!! Just a ''By the way guys, they get married and stuff.'' at the end roll eyes (sarcastic)

no worries. JK rowling can always write Ron & Hermione and the blossoming relationship. that be a winner big grin

Joseph_Kerr
Jo has mentioned writing an encyclopedia of the Harry Potter realm.. so maybe she's leaving the story of the rest of our gang for the encyclopedia.

The Phantom
My reaction : Amazing. Hats off to you, JKR.

DeepPink
I still hope she'll write a prologue about James, Sirius etc. Its just too depressing to think thats it, thats the last book everr sad

The Phantom
But there is no adventure in it. We know what happened while they were at Hogwarts. There wasn't anything big that happened that we don't know about. We would have heard about it in the books if there was anything.

An actual book on Dumbeldore with extensive details that go beyond what the book gave us, now that would be a good read.

Quinlan-Vos
Originally posted by The Phantom
But there is no adventure in it. We know what happened while they were at Hogwarts. There wasn't anything big that happened that we don't know about. We would have heard about it in the books if there was anything.

An actual book on Dumbeldore with extensive details that go beyond what the book gave us, now that would be a good read. You know, she should do some kind of biography of Dumbledore as one of the charity books (like QTTA and MBAWTFT)... probably not the Life and Lies though...

T.Maria
'Voldemorts chest rose and fell rapidly, and harry could feel the curse coming, feel it burning inside the wand pointed at his face.

"The true master of the elder wand was Draco Malfoy"

Can i ask WTF??

Wasn't harry supposed to be the true master of the elder wand???
or was draco MEANT to be the master because HE was meant to kill dumbledore???

Ah, nvm i think ive answered my own question smile

personally, I Loved the booksmile
And one of the characters in the ministry of magic (the one that Harry stole the hairs for the polyjuice potion and took the form of) is named after my town in england smile I was oddly surprised by that lol

Ok so the ending was a littly cheesy, but at the end of the day atleast JKR gave us a glimpse into what happened in the future!

I can just see it now; A completely new style of fanfiction including their kids times at hogwarts....

But what was up with draco malfoy's kids name??? Scorpious?! Poor kid.

Celestialgirl
I read the last three words before I read the first chapter so I knew it was going top end with All was well. However as much as I was tempted to read that part before reading the whole book I resisted! The ending was kinda cliche but I loved it anyways, however I would have loved it more if they explained what happened to George after the death of his twin.

And Victoire was Bill and Fleur's kid wasn't she? Cause Lily said if Teddy married her they would be cousins and then he would really be part of the family, as in on her mom's side?

Celestialgirl
Originally posted by T.Maria

But what was up with draco malfoy's kids name??? Scorpious?! Poor kid.
I thought Scorpious was an Awesome name!!! Sounded sexy... dark and twisted sexy, I felt more sorry for Albus-sure it was Dumbledore's name but I just picture old guy name. Never mind I'll nickname him all cause it sounds better.

Rave X
My first reaction: OMG I need to sleep, I have to get up in 4 hours to go to work!
And ofcourse, I didn't sleep at all and kept wondering and wondering what happened to George, who had raised Ted, Draco the rightfull owner of the Elder Wand - what the f*ck?, how the Malfoys were holding up, how cool it was that Harry saved Draco (I always said they would fight together, well, this was a step in the right direction) and how cruel it was to let Snape die. Blegh. And I was very surprised that Harry named his kid after him. Quite some thing to do, after 7 years of solid hate.

Running Mascara
Reaction: She over did it when she named all their kids after all them erm I mean Lily was okay at first but then as they started saying the other names of his children I was lk "Whoa, she took it too far" Other wise it was okay smile

I wanted to know what happened w/ Draco's parents though and what happened to Professor Sprout considering Neville took her place as Herbology teacher ermmhappy

I thought it was cute that Snape loved Lily, but I also felt bad for him becuz he didn't get her erm

Exactly right.

haermm That happens to me ever time I start to read one of her books and if I set it down to go do something, as I go whatever I'm planning on doing, I'm narrating as I go inside my head laughing

Earlier I heard a noise outside and instantly thought it was Voldy and his Death Eatersshock

DarkC
The book was epic, the epilogue sounded a little corny.

Lots of things resembling duex ex machina too.

jasonowens4200
Originally posted by Rave X
My first reaction: OMG I need to sleep, I have to get up in 4 hours to go to work!
And ofcourse, I didn't sleep at all and kept wondering and wondering what happened to George, who had raised Ted, Draco the rightfull owner of the Elder Wand - what the f*ck?, how the Malfoys were holding up, how cool it was that Harry saved Draco (I always said they would fight together, well, this was a step in the right direction) and how cruel it was to let Snape die. Blegh. And I was very surprised that Harry named his kid after him. Quite some thing to do, after 7 years of solid hate.

why would you be surpised after he found out what really happened after he loved lily so much and was really protecting him the whole time and there was a reason he kept telling V to let him go find harry

The Phantom
You people keep complaining about the Epilogue so much. Think about it. It was a children's book. It ended perfectly for a children's book. Personally I like "All was well" better than her saying "And they lived happily ever after," but I think I have two reasons for that one.

danielle marie.
My reaction was: *cries hysterically* Wait... who's Victoire?

willRules
An actual book on Dumbeldore with extensive details that go beyond what the book gave us, now that would be a good read.

Like an account of his battle with Grindelwald? droolio

Arianna
I liked the stuff about Arianna, I really connected with that part. But my Dobby!!!!!! I want Dobby! How could anyone kill him! I feel ashamed my name and her name shortened are the same! Gu! I never want anyone to call me Bella again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did Mrs Weasley get to kill her!!!!!!!!! I WANTED TO!!!!!!!! I hate her she killed my Dobby!

sorry but I had to let it out...

T.Maria
i dont like bella in the books but i LOVE her in the films!!!

Dobby's death didnt effect me that much...i was distraught over fred, though sad

Oh, and a little tear sprung in my eye when Dudley shook harry's hand...very touching moment she added in there...loved it!!

Arianna
It was quite touching I was expecting petunia to say something... unfortunatly not..

T.Maria
Originally posted by Arianna
It was quite touching I was expecting petunia to say something... unfortunatly not..

totally agree with you there!!!
But i guess we found out about her in the end anyways..
us british and our stiff upper lips...no wonder we can never say sorry lol

Arianna
I think you need to be brought up saying sorry to be able to say it, it's more admitting you're wrong, flaw with humans...

Surreal_44
The problem with the epilogue is that it felt too happy and too rushed. She squished in a bunch of names to let us know that everyone names their children after dead people, but we didn't find out about Luna, George, the Weasleys, Kingsley (did he become minister?), the fifty dead people, the Dursleys, etc.

A better ending maybe would have been just a few years in the future, maybe on the anniversary of the death or in front of the memorial for those who died fighting Voldemort. Something like that. The survivors gathered there so we could at least see everyone together; see who else got married, etc.

I just felt like the epilogue was very blah. She had the kids arguing and all that, and I guess it was to show how normal everything had become, but meh....I would rather the book had ended on the final chapter instead of with the epilogue, really. It just felt tacked on and it almost didn't seem to fit with the rest of the book.

Problem_Child
i was relieved and i could now go "HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA" to those who were wrong in my neighborhood

Running Mascara
haermm

Rave X
Originally posted by jasonowens4200
why would you be surpised after he found out what really happened after he loved lily so much and was really protecting him the whole time and there was a reason he kept telling V to let him go find harry

Surprised because, as I said, of the seven years of solid hate. Its just a big thing to do, naming your kid after someone you hated for 7 years.

allofyousuckkk
I thought that Harry had the elder wand. Im pretty sure he did. Malfoy got it from Dumbly, and then Harry took Malfoys wand in Malfoy Manor(which was originally dumbly's wand) .So he had the elder wand at the end....and voldy. Voldy had the wand Dumbly was buried with (not the elder wand)

Strangelove
Originally posted by Surreal_44
The problem with the epilogue is that it felt too happy and too rushed. She squished in a bunch of names to let us know that everyone names their children after dead people, but we didn't find out about Luna, George, the Weasleys, Kingsley (did he become minister?), the fifty dead people, the Dursleys, etc.

A better ending maybe would have been just a few years in the future, maybe on the anniversary of the death or in front of the memorial for those who died fighting Voldemort. Something like that. The survivors gathered there so we could at least see everyone together; see who else got married, etc.

I just felt like the epilogue was very blah. She had the kids arguing and all that, and I guess it was to show how normal everything had become, but meh....I would rather the book had ended on the final chapter instead of with the epilogue, really. It just felt tacked on and it almost didn't seem to fit with the rest of the book. I agree that the epilogue was a little haphazard, but it was still satisfying, and a fitting end to the series.

tigress
I love reading spoilers I know I shouldnt but have to at the moment I cant deal with too many shocks at the moment being preggers lol I just need to know one thing is Vernon Dead ?

Quinlan-Vos
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
I thought that Harry had the elder wand. Im pretty sure he did. Malfoy got it from Dumbly, and then Harry took Malfoys wand in Malfoy Manor(which was originally dumbly's wand) .So he had the elder wand at the end....and voldy. Voldy had the wand Dumbly was buried with (not the elder wand) Basically, the theory is that if you manage to disarm/ take someone's wand, then you're its master- it chooses you, and when Malfoy disarmed AD on the Lightning Struck Tower, it chose him. THEN when Harry took Malfoy's other wand, that meant that he had disarmed him, and the Elder Wand chose him. All very complicated...

Quinlan-Vos
Originally posted by tigress
I love reading spoilers I know I shouldnt but have to at the moment I cant deal with too many shocks at the moment being preggers lol I just need to know one thing is Vernon Dead ? No one knows the Dursleys' fate. They were taken by Dedalus and Hestia for safety.

Council#13

I just felt like the epilogue was very blah. She had the kids arguing and all that, and I guess it was to show how normal everything had become, but meh....I would rather the book had ended on the final chapter instead of with the epilogue, really. It just felt tacked on and it almost didn't seem to fit with the rest of the book.

I agree.

Originally posted by Problem_Child
i was relieved and i could now go "HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA" to those who were wrong in my neighborhood

laughing out loud Yeah, me too. Especially about how Dumbledore really wasn't really dead.

Ah, Snape! What a tragic life.

jasonowens4200
You people keep complaining about the Epilogue so much. Think about it. It was a children's book. It ended perfectly for a children's book. Personally I like "All was well" better than her saying "And they lived happily ever after," but I think I have two reasons for that one.

exactly well put she didnt know how it would turn out that all ages would read it

quote No one knows the Dursleys' fate. They were taken by Dedalus and Hestia for safety.

we asume they were safe she would have told you if they died and i was proud of what dudley told harry that he wasnt a waste of space

pixie1
it was a fantastic book !!!! the epi wasnt that bad the names of harry kids are as they should be my own children are named after family members and with all the strange names in the wizarding world i doubt very much that albus or scorpy will ever get picjed on lol
i must admit i would have liked more but considering how much we got we should count ourselves lucky Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

The Phantom

I just felt like the epilogue was very blah. She had the kids arguing and all that, and I guess it was to show how normal everything had become, but meh....I would rather the book had ended on the final chapter instead of with the epilogue, really. It just felt tacked on and it almost didn't seem to fit with the rest of the book. Perhaps she is planning something.

manorastroman
so...what's the deal with the trace? wasn't it established that harry still had the trace? if so, what the hell happened to that little subplot?

Surreal_44
The Trace vanishes when Harry turns 17. So that subplot is resolved.

I liked the book. I was quite interested by the Malfoys this time around, and how they all changed. No, I don't think that they are good, but they really showed that they cared about each other these past two books. Draco especially was a surprise; did anyone else find it odd that he seemed reluctant to name Hermione, Ron and Harry when they were captured?

Soljer
Originally posted by manorastroman
so...what's the deal with the trace? wasn't it established that harry still had the trace? if so, what the hell happened to that little subplot?

People kept finding Harry because he used Voldemort's name. Not because of the trace - which DID expire when he turned 17.

pinkfloydkor
The Trace vanishes when Harry turns 17. So that subplot is resolved.

I liked the book. I was quite interested by the Malfoys this time around, and how they all changed. No, I don't think that they are good, but they really showed that they cared about each other these past two books. Draco especially was a surprise; did anyone else find it odd that he seemed reluctant to name Hermione, Ron and Harry when they were captured?

thats when i stopped hating him big grin

and im glad he was in the epilogue as well

and it was almost sad when crabbe died

almost

actually no not really at all because the dumbass killed himself with his own curse

exanda kane
People kept finding Harry because he used Voldemort's name. Not because of the trace - which DID expire when he turned 17.

I really liked the idea of the TABOO word being able to trace people, otherwise the whole of book seven would probably consist of every character overcoming the barrier and saying Voldemort.

Lana
Yeah, that was a neat little detail thing which I liked rather a lot.

My first reaction - after deciding that in my mind that epilogue does not exist - was that it was a very good book and great ending to the series, even though it dragged on a bit too much in spots.

But whoever said Harry Potter doesn't have much in the way of cliches...wow. Um, yeah. It does, quite a lot, and Deathly Hallows was more loaded with them then any of the others.

Surreal_44
Deathly Hallows was very life lessony, to borrow a phrase from a friend. wink But overall it was very good. big grin

Syren
Originally posted by exanda kane
Solid book. It kept meandering along at points, but when it pulled each prospective subplot/event together it done it bloody well. That last bout with Voldemort had some great dialogue.

Must confess I wanted a big scene between Harry and Snape, I thought Regellus Black deserved a brave last stand against Death Eaters to make his brother proud, and Bellatrix's death should have been given to Neville.

Agreed. Hopping off on little tangents and then tying together again mind-blowingly magnificently yes

I also agree that Bellatrix's death should have been Neville's, but Molly did lose a son erm

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by siriuswriter
What was your first reaction after reading the final words of the epilogue?

Mine :

Wow. That was... brilliant.

Disapointing that it said nothing about what jobs they had.I like the fact that they got married but still it left so many unansweared questions and that annoyed the hell out of me!jm mad

Soljer
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Disapointing that it said nothing about what jobs they had.I like the fact that they got married but still it left so many unansweared questions and that annoyed the hell out of me!jm mad

I don't remember right this second, but JK mentioned what they did for a living on an NBC interview.

Also; she'll go into more detail about that in her 'encyclopedia.'

Council#13
Originally posted by exanda kane
I really liked the idea of the TABOO word being able to trace people, otherwise the whole of book seven would probably consist of every character overcoming the barrier and saying Voldemort.

Yeah, that was a pretty neat idea on J.K's part. yes

Originally posted by Syren
I also agree that Bellatrix's death should have been Neville's, but Molly did lose a son erm

Agreed.

Does anyone else here think that Neville's grandmother is awesome? laughing out loud The Ministry sends an Auror to capture her, and she ends up sending him to the hospital.

jasonowens4200
your picture of bellatrix not your sig but the one to the left under you name when she kills sirius does anyone else think she is hot as sh*t in that picture

Council#13
your picture of bellatrix not your sig but the one to the left under you name when she kills sirius does anyone else think she is hot as sh*t in that picture

Oh, thanks. It's called an avatar, just for future reference. smile

I dunno about her looking that hot. I mean, she looks kind of funny, not having a nose and all due to the size and lighting of the image.

Barker
It's a small low quality image, and her face looks funny. And she has weird hair.

herbeyes

haermm

jasonowens4200
i wasnt talkin about that exact picture ive seen the bigger size picture and better quality

exanda kane
Not Helena Bonham Carter, especially not in Harry Potter. no

jasonowens4200
i was talking about that ONE picture that was it

Surreal_44
I'm annoyed that she's writing an encyclopedia, when I would rather have had everything explained in the book. The more I read it, the more I hate the epilogue. I especially I am annoyed that we don't get to see them until 19 years later. For me it's quite a big jump. They're now almost into their forties.

Few things that I did love from the book; Harry at Godric's Hollow, discovering Dumbledore's past and Hermione's insistance that Dumbledore loved him, Harry with his parents right before he faces Voldemort for what he thinks is the last time, Harry's reaction to Dobby's death, and the entire chapter where he talks to Dumbledore.

Those moments were absolutely breathtaking for me. I like angst. stick out tongue

Lana
Originally posted by Council#13
Yeah, that was a pretty neat idea on J.K's part. yes

Agreed.

Does anyone else here think that Neville's grandmother is awesome? laughing out loud The Ministry sends an Auror to capture her, and she ends up sending him to the hospital.

Haha, yes, Neville's grandmother rocked in this, as did Neville.

I'm annoyed that she's writing an encyclopedia, when I would rather have had everything explained in the book. The more I read it, the more I hate the epilogue. I especially I am annoyed that we don't get to see them until 19 years later. For me it's quite a big jump. They're now almost into their forties.

Few things that I did love from the book; Harry at Godric's Hollow, discovering Dumbledore's past and Hermione's insistance that Dumbledore loved him, Harry with his parents right before he faces Voldemort for what he thinks is the last time, Harry's reaction to Dobby's death, and the entire chapter where he talks to Dumbledore.

Those moments were absolutely breathtaking for me. I like angst. stick out tongue

It would be impossible to explain everything in the books, unless you wanted each one to be about 2000 pages long. Personally I like the idea of the encyclopedia a lot, I'd really like to learn more about the backstories of some of the more minor characters (like Andromeda Tonks, who has over the past week become one of my favorite characters).

siriuswriter
I just hope she doesn't write any more Harry Potter after the encyclopedia. All good things must come to an end - I think she's ended this part of her writing career. I really don't want to see any more Harry Potter books.

Nothing can be as good as the first time out... too much of a good thing and all that. That was another reaction I had - I was kind of, maybe not angry, but worried that she left it open at the end, especially for Albus Severus. I don't want to see any spin-offs - it would be like a Disney movie sequel (those horrible things, those).

So while my first reaction was !!!! it kind of turned into, "Wow, I really hope she just drops this and leaves it alone, and moves on to other things."

Barker
She said in her Today interview that she was done with the Wizarding World, besides the Encyclopedia.

jasonowens4200
Originally posted by Lana
Haha, yes, Neville's grandmother rocked in this, as did Neville.

It would be impossible to explain everything in the books, unless you wanted each one to be about 2000 pages long. Personally I like the idea of the encyclopedia a lot, I'd really like to learn more about the backstories of some of the more minor characters (like Andromeda Tonks, who has over the past week become one of my favorite characters).

exactly and she was wanting to stay away from it sounding like a narrative

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Barker
She said in her Today interview that she was done with the Wizarding World, besides the Encyclopedia.

yay. smile

ADarksideJedi
I don't remember right this second, but JK mentioned what they did for a living on an NBC interview.

Also; she'll go into more detail about that in her 'encyclopedia.'

I see missed that again.Thanks I will check it out!jm smile

Surreal_44
Let me clarify that I didn't mean that I needed every last detail in the books to be explained to me. However, I don't think sticking in a sentence or two to say something off-handed like Neville and Luna were married or that Harry and Ron were Aurors, etc, would have been that difficult or taken away from the epilogue.

I'm not demanding a play-by-play recounting of the past nineteen years. I already think the books tend to drag as it is. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.