The State of the Sith before Bane eradicated them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Light_Sith

MasterAshenVor
Bane is just a bad ass lol i mean you gotta be bad to the bone to Survive all those duels and the Thought Bomb in which bane escaped

Light_Sith
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Bane is just a bad ass lol i mean you gotta be bad to the bone to Survive all those duels and the Thought Bomb in which bane escaped

It is hard for me to tell because I am not very familiar with the EU compared to some of the hard-core Star Wars fans.

He certainly struck me as a badass though. I recently went through KOTOR a few times, and because Revan officially went back to the Jedi (though I feel there were mitigating factors), I would rank Bane above him as a sith.

I read that a new book following on from POD is coming out. I look forward to it.

I am certainly a big Bane fan.

0°Mandalore°0
Yes, I must say, Bane is a cool character. He's such a badass and he's very powerful.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Light_Sith
It is hard for me to tell because I am not very familiar with the EU compared to some of the hard-core Star Wars fans.

He certainly struck me as a badass though. I recently went through KOTOR a few times, and because Revan officially went back to the Jedi (though I feel there were mitigating factors), I would rank Bane above him as a sith.

I read that a new book following on from POD is coming out. I look forward to it.

I am certainly a big Bane fan.

i believe that it was revans holocron where bane learned the greatest of his sith teachings

Light_Sith
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
i believe that it was revans holocron where bane learned the greatest of his sith teachings

Yes.

Revan can be mentioned in the same sentence as anybody as far as raw talent goes.

He did show weakness in choosing to serve the republic however IMO - it is a great pity. I say that there are mitigating factors as we are told that he had his memory wiped, but the facts after that remain.

Bane on the other hand created the perfect mechanism for the Sith to dominate, which is why I think that he was a better Sith.

Darth Hord
Yes.

Revan can be mentioned in the same sentence as anybody as far as raw talent goes.

He did show weakness in choosing to serve the republic however IMO - it is a great pity. I say that there are mitigating factors as we are told that he had his memory wiped, but the facts after that remain.

Bane on the other hand created the perfect mechanism for the Sith to dominate, which is why I think that he was a better Sith.

Well wat would u do? Your own empire has turned against u i would do the same thing and destroy them, plus he didnt remember at the time about the true sith so who knows if he had remembered about them when he made his choice he might have became a sith again.

Light_Sith
Originally posted by Darth Hord
Well wat would u do? Your own empire has turned against u i would do the same thing and destroy them, plus he didnt remember at the time about the true sith so who knows if he had remembered about them when he made his choice he might have became a sith again.

I would have sided with Bastilla if it was the only way to re-claim my status as the Sith Lord.

It would have been nice to kill Bastilla as well, but her battle meditation was quite good.

Darth Hord
I would have sided with Bastilla if it was the only way to re-claim my status as the Sith Lord.

It would have been nice to kill Bastilla as well, but her battle meditation was quite good.

The reason revan did not return to the sit was probably because his mind was "poisoned" with a state of mind or view that was not his original so his decision to remain the republic to a certain degree was not his

xxxpoppunker182
Yes.

i'm just curious why in your opinion does revans choice of serving the republic show weakness?

Darth Hord
^me too

Light_Sith
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
i'm just curious why in your opinion does revans choice of serving the republic show weakness?

Well, if we are talking about weakness as a Sith, then the answer is easy: he chose the Light instead of the Dark.

As for weakness in general, I believe that Revan had an opportunity to rule, as opposed to having to serve. He seemed to turn it down.

It is rather confusing.

Light_Sith
The reason revan did not return to the sit was probably because his mind was "poisoned" with a state of mind or view that was not his original so his decision to remain the republic to a certain degree was not his

I would not discount that.

But Revan did serve the light, for whatever reason.

Darth Hord
Well, if we are talking about weakness as a Sith, then the answer is easy: he chose the Light instead of the Dark.

As for weakness in general, I believe that Revan had an opportunity to rule, as opposed to having to serve. He seemed to turn it down.

It is rather confusing.

He wasn't a sith when he chose to remain with the republic HE WAS A JEDI!, jedi don't chose to rule. And WHEN HE WAS A SITH he DID rule the galaxy! well almost

Darth Hord
I would not discount that.

But Revan did serve the light, for whatever reason.

That was not his original mindstate

Light_Sith
That was not his original mindstate

The trouble is, we do not know what was done to his brain.

We do not have a good enough grasp of neurology.

Surely though, when plainly given the opportunity to rule, he would have seen the error of him serving the Jedi. This is my interpretation.

Although the alternate ending is not Canon, perhaps it shows that Revan was still capable of being the Sith Lord?

Darth Hord
The trouble is, we do not know what was done to his brain.

We do not have a good enough grasp of neurology.

Surely though, when plainly given the opportunity to rule, he would have seen the error of him serving the Jedi. This is my interpretation.

Although the alternate ending is not Canon, perhaps it shows that Revan was still capable of being the Sith Lord?

I have not doubt that the he would be a capable sith lord. But his mind was reprogrammed to be one loyal to the republic then he was trained as a jedi meaning he became even more anti sith. From wat we do knw is that he was loyal to the republic and jedi meaning that when you play as him he is never a sith again. So where is the weakness in the fact that he chose the light over the dark when he was a jedi when u play as him?

Light_Sith
I have not doubt that the he would be a capable sith lord. But his mind was reprogrammed to be one loyal to the republic then he was trained as a jedi meaning he became even more anti sith. From wat we do knw is that he was loyal to the republic and jedi meaning that when you play as him he is never a sith again. So where is the weakness in the fact that he chose the light over the dark when he was a jedi when u play as him?

Bastilla said that his mind was actually too badly damaged, even when she herself turns to the Darkside (that is confusing in itself).

We know that Jedi with raw power (like Dooku) can leave the Jedi order in an attempt to gain the freedom to use it.

Yes, Revan was a Jedi.

But he didn't have to be a very good one.

The Council didn't sound too convinced themselves. One particularly annoying Master that I did not have the pleasure of killing personally expressed deep concern, speculating that the Dark Lord might return.

Yes, this mind wipe did not seem like exact science to me.

Darth Hord
Bastilla said that his mind was actually too badly damaged, even when she herself turns to the Darkside (that is confusing in itself).

We know that Jedi with raw power (like Dooku) can leave the Jedi order in an attempt to gain the freedom to use it.

Yes, Revan was a Jedi.

But he didn't have to be a very good one.

The Council didn't sound too convinced themselves. One particularly annoying Master that I did not have the pleasure of killing personally expressed deep concern, speculating that the Dark Lord might return.

Yes, this mind wipe did not seem like exact science to me.

U have to explain to me why the mind wiped jedi revan had a weakness by not returning to the darkside. And what is too confusing his mind was too badly damagged to ever regain his full memory when she svaed him. Wat does her turning to the darkside make it confusing. It is a fact that his mind was too damaged for him to ever regain his full memory.

Light_Sith
U have to explain to me why the mind wiped jedi revan had a weakness by not returning to the darkside. And what is too confusing his mind was too badly damagged to ever regain his full memory when she svaed him. Wat does her turning to the darkside make it confusing. It is a fact that his mind was too damaged for him to ever regain his full memory.

Well, Revan still had the raw power to rule. He also had the opportunity to do so. He did not, and chose to serve the republic. Now my original point was that this takes away from his legacy as a Sith in my eyes. The second, which is open to even wider interpretation than the first, is that this made him weak (assuming he had any amount of free will left). Why weak? Well, why else would a person turn down power simply to serve? I am not sure, but perhaps he did not want to turn on his friends? Turning on your friends is not desirable, but in a case where monumental amounts of power are to be gained, it must be done.

About his mind being damaged. We are told that it is damaged, but also that it was wiped clean. Whatever the case, they wanted to use his mind to find the hidden location of the Star Forge. These must have been his own memories; otherwise he would be useless to the Jedi.

His mind is damaged, whether by the Jedi or by an injury. He still has parts of his old self in his mind however. Sure, they can make him learn the Jedi code, but can they program him like a robot? The Council were not sure, and neither am I.

Edit: My point about Bastilla claiming that the mind was too badly damaged after she had turned, suggested to me that she was not lying about it in the first place (I would have expected her to). It is not clear whether the mind was damaged due to an injury, the Jedi Council, or both.

Darth Hord
Well, Revan still had the raw power to rule. He also had the opportunity to do so. He did not, and chose to serve the republic. Now my original point was that this takes away from his legacy as a Sith in my eyes. The second, which is open to even wider interpretation than the first, is that this made him weak (assuming he had any amount of free will left). Why weak? Well, why else would a person turn down power simply to serve? I am not sure, but perhaps he did not want to turn on his friends? Turning on your friends is not desirable, but in a case where monumental amounts of power are to be gained, it must be done.

About his mind being damaged. We are told that it is damaged, but also that it was wiped clean. Whatever the case, they wanted to use his mind to find the hidden location of the Star Forge. These must have been his own memories; otherwise he would be useless to the Jedi.

His mind is damaged, whether by the Jedi or by an injury. He still has parts of his old self in his mind however. Sure, they can make him learn the Jedi code, but can they program him like a robot? The Council were not sure, and neither am I.

Edit: My point about Bastilla claiming that the mind was too badly damaged after she had turned, suggested to me that she was not lying about it in the first place (I would have expected her to). It is not clear whether the mind was damaged due to an injury, the Jedi Council, or both.

His mind was probably damaged by both but weak? hardly Malak said on the star forge revan was stronger now then when he was the D.L.O.T.S. which means he was stronger as a post kotor jedi then his rule as the dark lord of the sith. It might take away from his sith legacy but it adds something else to his overall legacy/story. He did have a free will to chose what to do (which is why he left the galxy after kotor)but i his mind was programmed to serve the republic

Light_Sith
His mind was probably damaged by both but weak? hardly Malak said on the star forge revan was stronger now then when he was the D.L.O.T.S. which means he was stronger as a post kotor jedi then his rule as the dark lord of the sith. It might take away from his sith legacy but it adds something else to his overall legacy/story. He did have a free will to chose what to do (which is why he left the galxy after kotor)but i his mind was programmed to serve the republic

OK, which is why I still say that there were mitigating factors.

Malak certainly says that he is more powerful than he was when he ruled the Sith, but I took this to mean power as far as combat/force ability goes (as opposed to mentality).

That is all there is to it as far as I am concerned. He was put under heavy pressure to serve the republic, but in the end, did have a choice. Nobody can say what he was thinking for certain.

It makes for a great story, but as good a Sith Lord as a once was, and as many tricks he had up his sleeve, Bane was more of an ideal Sith in my eyes.

Darth Hord
OK, which is why I still say that there were mitigating factors.

Malak certainly says that he is more powerful than he was when he ruled the Sith, but I took this to mean power as far as combat/force ability goes (as opposed to mentality).

That is all there is to it as far as I am concerned. He was put under heavy pressure to serve the republic, but in the end, did have a choice. Nobody can say what he was thinking for certain.

It makes for a great story, but as good a Sith Lord as a once was, and as many tricks he had up his sleeve, Bane was more of an ideal Sith in my eyes.

I can see where u get, Bane might be an ideal sith but now a good part of his feats can be connected to knowledge to Revan which puts them in the same levels in my eyes in terms of greatness, since Revan nearly destroyed the republic but as well all know why, yet bane was able to reform the sith.

Light_Sith
I can see where u get, Bane might be an ideal sith but now a good part of his feats can be connected to knowledge to Revan which puts them in the same levels in my eyes in terms of greatness, since Revan nearly destroyed the republic but as well all know why, yet bane was able to reform the sith.

Fair enough.

I think that Revan would have probably bested Bane in combat, but Bane took a lot of Revan's knowledge for himself.

An interesting point is brought up in POD regarding Bane's ability (at that point). He says that poison should not be able to harm a Dark Lord, yet notes that it almost killed him.

Darth Hord
Fair enough.

I think that Revan would have probably bested Bane in combat, but Bane took a lot of Revan's knowledge for himself.

An interesting point is brought up in POD regarding Bane's ability (at that point). He says that poison should not be able to harm a Dark Lord, yet notes that it almost killed him.
I also remember him saying that some of Revan's force techniques scared teh shit out if him. But to be a little fair to Bane he was not at his strongest

Light_Sith
The new book should give a good insight into how strong he becomes. I know that there is at least one other Bane source, but this does not seem to be in agreement with POD.

Hopefully the Author concentrates more on the intricate details regarding Sith rituals and the force.

I also hope that it is longer.

Darth Hord
The new book should give a good insight into how strong he becomes. I know that there is at least one other Bane source, but this does not seem to be in agreement with POD.

Hopefully the Author concentrates more on the intricate details regarding Sith rituals and the force.

I also hope that it is longer.

I hope that Bane lives long enough so there is a chance for Yoda to be the one who kills him. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.