iiSpoliers!! Mourning thread...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arianna
OK, I felt we should have some where to morun the loss of characters such as Fred, Tonks, hedwig, Lupin, Arianna (if you feel like it) Mad-Eye, Colin and DOBBY!!!!!!!!! And also vent our frustration at Bellatrix!

I want Dobby! Why did he have to die!!!!!!! I loved him!
I felt for Dumbeldore the way Arianna died, and I felt sorry for Arianna, unable to control herself and locked away for having been traumatised! It was so sad...

~LunaLoveG~
MUST KILL PERSON WHO KILLED TONKS!

Lets just blame it all on Bellatrix. She is our default murderer

Arianna
OK, we can turn this into a conspiracy thread that Bellatrix actually had Voldemort under the imperious curse the entire time! (Actually, if I wanted to become the most powerful wizard in existance, I would do that, it save you getting into trouble just use a puppet, who then mysteriously dies and hands over to you...)

Running Mascara
laughing out loud

I felt bad when Dobby died cry And when Tonks and Lupin died.. weep And Hedwig bawling

BTW ~LunaLoveG~ I love your sig love

Arianna
Yeah i love your sig too luna!

Surreal_44
What about Snape? sad

Arianna
Oh! I forgot! that was a sad way to die... I thought, no he's not dead it's a joke...

Blue_Hefner
I'm glad Snape finally died, but I'll miss Lupin, Moddy, Tonks, Fred, Albus, and Sirius

SeanTerry727
Ill miss the Whole damn harry potter series!!! i think i almost cried at the end !

~LunaLoveG~
Originally posted by SeanTerry727
Ill miss the Whole damn harry potter series!!! i think i almost cried at the end !

good point crybaby

sithlord1138
I miss lupin and tonkssad freakin bellatrix mad

thefallen544
I'll miss the Harry Potter series but its been good and can always re-read the books. A lot of the deaths got me in this book, I think Lupin's and Tonks really got me probably because I instantly thought of the Son they had left behind, that and I'm a stupidly big Lupin fan *shrug*. Fred's death wasn't an easy one either. Dobby...heck none of them were easy, I was even shocked at how early Mad-Eye died...yeah lets just blame Bellatrix its easier.

chillmeistergen
Fred's and Dobby's were the hardest hitting for me.

Problem_Child
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/Potter_Pics/Remus%20Lupin/remuslowquality.jpg
REMUS!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rave X
I mourn the end of the series, Sirius, Snape, Lupin, Tonks and Fred... I love them!

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by thefallen544
I'll miss the Harry Potter series but its been good and can always re-read the books. A lot of the deaths got me in this book, I think Lupin's and Tonks really got me probably because I instantly thought of the Son they had left behind, that and I'm a stupidly big Lupin fan *shrug*. Fred's death wasn't an easy one either. Dobby...heck none of them were easy, I was even shocked at how early Mad-Eye died...yeah lets just blame Bellatrix its easier.

Could not have said it better myself.

I remember reading the battle chapter and realizing that many people weren't going to make it out alive. Fred was hard. Lupin and Tonks might have been worse. At least the kid is basically in the Potter family.

Dresta
It's the fact that Lupin was actually happy for once and then he died sad

ladygrim
Originally posted by Surreal_44
What about Snape? sad Yes what about snape i liked him if no one else did sad

Quinlan-Vos
R.I.P Bellatrix, you will be sorely missed... I mean... rest in peace... Dobby... sad

~KoK!~
anyone upset about how ll four Muaraders are dead?

div
everyone forgot about Pettigrew :O

~LunaLoveG~
I am not going to miss him erm

The Phantom
Interesting way to go, though.

danielle marie.
R.I.P. Dobby.
R.I.P. Lupin.
R.I.P. Tonks.
R.I.P. Fred.
R.I.P. Snape.
R.I.P. Moody.
R.I.P. Colin.
R.I.P. Hedwig.

TheVapor
to tell you the truth, i didn't really get upset at the deaths while reading. i don't know why, really, and i'm amazed that i wasn't pulling out the tissues. the only reason i can think of for this is that i went into reading this book expecting loads of people to die, and so when someone did, it wasn't a surprise. i never approached any of the previous like this because i always either assumed or hoped everyone would be safe. maybe my recent break up put me in a bit of a bad mood? oh well. i'm sure reading all of the books over again before this one would have helped. Snapes however was not a pleasant one for me, as i have relised i have a lot in common with his charachter. almost like watching yourself die.

Lana
Originally posted by Arianna
OK, I felt we should have some where to morun the loss of characters such as Fred, Tonks, hedwig, Lupin, Arianna (if you feel like it) Mad-Eye, Colin and DOBBY!!!!!!!!! And also vent our frustration at Bellatrix!

I want Dobby! Why did he have to die!!!!!!! I loved him!
I felt for Dumbeldore the way Arianna died, and I felt sorry for Arianna, unable to control herself and locked away for having been traumatised! It was so sad...

Her name is spelled Ariana. One n. Not two.

Anyway...three of my four favorite characters are dead. Damnit.

...why Fred though?!

chillmeistergen
Yeah Fred's was a hard hitter, it came out of nowhere.

The Phantom
Coming to think of it, knocking off George's ear pretty pointless now. I mean, I'm pretty sure they can tell each other a part now.

Wonder if Fred became a ghost... I could see it happening. Haunted Hogwarts fooling around with Peeves.

Council#13
The characters that I was most upset about dying were Snape, Dobby, Lupin, Tonks, and Fred. I can't believe that J.K. killed Lupin. And I agree with what KOK said, about how it's a bit upsetting how all four Marauders died.

Drusilla
Ooooh, I was thinking about starting a RIP thread myself. The death which had the most affect on me was Lupin's. I can't believe it. Last time I was low was when Sirius died, but that wasn't this deep. But as I said before, I'm too old to develop another post-HP depression. When I read that sentence, I had to read it over and over again. I thought I was delusional. I don't know if this is normal, but since the, I can't go to sleep, 'cause I always cryin the night.
I know it's stupid, and he was only a character, just ink on a paper, but he was my favourite character and a part of my life. weep

thefallen544
Originally posted by TheVapor
Snapes however was not a pleasant one for me, as i have relised i have a lot in common with his charachter. almost like watching yourself die.

You've summed up the exact same way I felt about Lupin's death, we don't see him die but when she mentions hes dead. I'm almost exactly alike to him, the same personality with the same failings (self doubt, put my friends before me and look for their appreciation too much. Heck I'm already greying as well (at 20)) so to see him dead it was like a mirror of me. You really summed up how I felt there Vapor, only with Lupin not Snape.

Syren
I was still mourning Dumbledore, how am I supposed to recover from this?? cry

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by ~KoK!~
anyone upset about how ll four Muaraders are dead?

Sirius isn't dead.

~LunaLoveG~
Originally posted by thefallen544
You've summed up the exact same way I felt about Lupin's death, we don't see him die but when she mentions hes dead. I'm almost exactly alike to him, the same personality with the same failings (self doubt, put my friends before me and look for their appreciation too much. Heck I'm already greying as well (at 20)) so to see him dead it was like a mirror of me. You really summed up how I felt there Vapor, only with Lupin not Snape.

same with me with tonks crybaby

DanZeke25
Dobby and Hedwig.

I'm surpised at the fact that in the epilogue, assuming Harry found the Ressurection Stone, that it doesn't show him using it. He can live with his parents and Sirius and Lupin, I don't understand why he wouldn't.

The Phantom
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Dobby and Hedwig.

I'm surpised at the fact that in the epilogue, assuming Harry found the Ressurection Stone, that it doesn't show him using it. He can live with his parents and Sirius and Lupin, I don't understand why he wouldn't. He dropped it and didn't want it. Remember what happened to the first man who had it.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by The Phantom
He dropped it and didn't want it. Remember what happened to the first man who had it.

I'm retarded. I was reading quick, and I thought Harry said "The thing in the Snitch, I'm going to go get it." I skipped right over the not part.

The Phantom
Originally posted by DanZeke25
I'm retarded. I was reading quick, and I thought Harry said "The thing in the Snitch, I'm going to go get it." I skipped right over the not part. Wow... that can be really important.

Syren
People really shouldn't skip over anything erm

Silent Dreams
Why did Fred die.

Poor poor George. sad

Quinlan-Vos
Originally posted by ~KoK!~
anyone upset about how ll four Muaraders are dead? I'm afraid I thought it'd happen, but... sad Yeah...

Council#13
Originally posted by Syren
I was still mourning Dumbledore, how am I supposed to recover from this?? cry

Read the books where they were still alive. That way, they're not really dead. petpet

Drusilla
Oh, it's too soon. I started re-reading the whole, but can't really laugh at Fred & George's pranks, I have a bitter taste in my soul, knowing what will happen.
And it may sound cruel but if you ask me, it should have been Percy. I'm evil, I know.

Arianna
Fred.... cry

Unicor777
I put a big mourning and candle for Dobby the free house elf!

Melcórë
I found myself saddened at each death, even Pettigrew's. He was truly a loathsome creature, but also one I could feel pity for. The characters that I mourn the most, however, are Hedwig, Snape and Lupin.

I just wasn't expecting the death of Hedwig. I mean, she's an owl. An owl, not directly involved in the war. It set the tone for the rest of the novel, for me.

Snape's death (and subsequent semi-attonement via the pensieve) really affected me. I'd always hoped that there was some good in Snape, and now I know who the "horrible boy" was that Petunia mentioned.

Lupin's was incredibly sad for me, for the reasons sketched out elsewhere here.

But what about some of the others as well? Considering Voldemort, I pity him: An unloved bastard who had to take away the knowledge that his birth killed his mother. I can't pardon his evil (like I couldn't any real madman) but I could always wonder what might have happened if his mother had survived....

And what about the Muggle Studies teacher? Charity Burbage? Sure, we never got to know her, but surely she is the teacher whom Hermione respected and looked up to in that Muggle Studies class for which Harry and Ron chastised her....

Infinity
i will miss them all but snape's death will be the worse

EDIT:btw did bellatrix die at the end or what

Melcórë
Originally posted by Infinity
i will miss them all but snape's death will be the worse

EDIT:btw did bellatrix die at the end or what

The description of her reaction would point to that conclusion.

~LunaLoveG~
Just learned that Tonks was killed by Bellatrix. I some glad Mrs. Weasley killed that B*tch evil

Surio
Sirius, Fred, Lupin, Tonks, Hedwig, Dobby, Moody and especially Fred should NOT have died!
I was so depressed when they did. Poor all of them :'(

Infinity
Originally posted by Surio
Sirius, Fred, Lupin, Tonks, Hedwig, Dobby, Moody and especially Fred should NOT have died!
I was so depressed when they did. Poor all of them :'(

were is snape in this list? and btw sirius was dead 2 books too early

Surio
Originally posted by Infinity
were is snape in this list? and btw sirius was dead 2 beaks too early

2 BEAKS?! ROFL.
Ok anyway, yeah, Snape was actually one of the saddest deaths, I can't believe I forgot him :P
And yes, Sirius' death was sad too.

Council#13
Originally posted by ~LunaLoveG~
Just learned that Tonks was killed by Bellatrix. I some glad Mrs. Weasley killed that B*tch evil

Bellatrix killed Tonks? I thought she was killed by Dolohov. But I just checked Wikipedia, and I guess J.K stated in an interview that Tonks was killed by Bellatrix. Yeah, good for Molly!

Nickey
How come Lucius didn't die? I mean, I think in the seventh book, he was a bit of a coward. You know..... kinda lazy and soft. If Voldemort doesn't like people like that, how come he didn't kill him off?

And I'm gonna miss Fred so much. Without him, there's no more funny twins. No more saying stuff at the same time.drunk

*sniff* It's too painful!bawling

Excuse me. I need a moment alone.sadwalk

DarkC
I was most distressed when Dobby died, to be honest.

Drusilla
Originally posted by Nickey
How come Lucius didn't die? I mean, I think in the seventh book, he was a bit of a coward. You know..... kinda lazy and soft. If Voldemort doesn't like people like that, how come he didn't kill him off?

And I'm gonna miss Fred so much. Without him, there's no more funny twins. No more saying stuff at the same time.drunk

*sniff* It's too painful!bawling

Excuse me. I need a moment alone.sadwalk

So true.

Remus and Fred's death hit me so violently. I had to read them over and over again to make sure I got it correctly, I thought I was delusional. I felt like I was never gonna be cheerful again... as if a dementor was near... weep

potterz honey
My sister(17yrs) loves dobby and is always saying harry potter loves dobby even though it's dobby loves harry potter(2nd movie). So when she was reading the book she asked who was going to die and i said dobby and she was like "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"
I thought harry had died when voldemort tried to kill him because he asked dumbledore if he (dumbledore) was dead and dumbledore said yes so i thought if dumbledore was dead and harry was where dumbledore was then harry was dead but then i found out he wasn't and i was happy again.

T.Maria
i was a bit pissed that snape didnt actually get to show his 'true' colours by fighting for the order...you know, get a bit of redemption from other characters while he was there...

I love snape, his character was so dark, you just knew there was something there inside of him that he was hiding...
But oh well, atleast harry found out the truth in the end...

miss_swann
It hit me today... Snapes dead!!!!!!! I was at ballet and suddenly started crying my eyes out and when I was asked what's up I cried about Snape being dead even though it was ages ago!

hom3r
Sorry to go about it like this, but reading this thread kinda makes me sick. To actually say R.I.P's to a bunch of fictional character as if they were real people just seem dumb. While there are thousand of people out there who are dying because of war, poverty or oppression are left out.

Drusilla
Originally posted by hom3r
Sorry to go about it like this, but reading this thread kinda makes me sick. To actually say R.I.P's to a bunch of fictional character as if they were real people just seem dumb. While there are thousand of people out there who are dying because of war, poverty or oppression are left out.

You know what makes me sick? People who judge. People who don't appreciate other people's interests. If you think this whole mourning is stupid, you shouldn't have read this thread in the first place.

And don't you think that there are things you can't understand? Like why we mourn. Because these characters are fictional, yes, but they (JKR) maybe had an impression on our lives. Maybe we learned something from them (her). Maybe it changed us, maybe in a good way.

I don't really wanna sound obsessed, but I am and I like it. big grin They were a part of my childhood, a part of my life, and I'm happy about it.

potterz honey
Amen!

Mayraxoxo
I will miss Fred and Snape.
Man, those two were the best, but then JKR had to kill them off.

siriuswriter
most of the deaths seemed inevitable and a matter of course - even Dobby's - he sacrificed himself to save the Trio.

The deaths where I was a little ... wtf? was Hedwig and Fred.

Where was it needed that they needed to die?! Like, when Hedwig "fell" or whatever, I was all, "oh, she's a smart bird, she'll find them all at the Tonks.

Yeeah, right.

And Fred... sad Well, maybe that was just what JK planned. She said there was going to be a death that schocked us all... and Fred's death did that. Fred was not hard-core into the wand to wand combat, he and George ran WWW as a front to providing the Ministry with shielding gear. When they arrived at the battle scene, it was like... "okay, well we'll drop a bunch of dung bombs and let loose some fireworks [give him hell, peeves!" and enchant holes in the ground to look steady and grassy...

and then Fred dies...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.