Popeye vs Classic Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
Popeye has eaten his spinach and has 3 spare cans. Bloodlust is on. Wins come by way of death, KO, BFR or transmutation.

f_OVGZsAjSk&mode=related&search=

Cosmic Cube
pwnage. eek!

Hannibal-Lector
MUGEN!!!! Classic Juggy ftw though because juggy isnt gonna be knocked out, or killed.
He COULD be bfr'd but he has shown more ability to hold his ground to attacks better than popeye (not to say he isnt impressive in terms of feats)

Badabing
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
pwnage. eek! I know. I had to make a thread after seeing the vid. laughing out loud dur

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
MUGEN!!!! Classic Juggy ftw though because juggy isnt gonna be knocked out, or killed.
He COULD be bfr'd but he has shown more ability to hold his ground to attacks better than popeye (not to say he isnt impressive in terms of feats)

Spinach>Magic of Cyttorak. Juggy goes down, hard.

Jack Harkness
Popeye Pwns.

illadelph12
Popeye would win. He has tactile matter manipulation, unlimited strength, and has punched through magic (among other things) before. He'd punch Juggernaut and turn him into a brick, an action figure, and a laptop playing a constant loop of that "Juggernaut *****" video.

Respect Popeye.

starking
Juggs can't take a toon forcer, Popeye ftw. rock

DARKLORDCAEDUS
No amount of spinach will make Popeye win.

illadelph12
You obviously don't know Popeye.

charlemagne9746
What if Juggs ate a can of spinach too...would it make a difference?

guy222
Originally posted by Badabing
Popeye has eaten his spinach and has 3 spare cans. Bloodlust is on. Wins come by way of death, KO, BFR or transmutation.

f_OVGZsAjSk&mode=related&search=

Cain loses

illadelph12
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
What if Juggs ate a can of spinach too...would it make a difference?

Nope. In Marvel Spinach consumption doesn't have the same properties. It would be like trying to use the Speed Force or Kryptonite on someone from within the MU. Popeye's physiology and reaction to spinach and garlic is completely different and unique to his universe.

yugotank
Popeye would win....

"He does what he pleases and catch no diseases - He's Popeye the sailor man" Toot Toot !!

Popeye ROCKS !

Kutulu
Popeye for the win. He was a reality manipulator, plain and simple.

Popeye would have some spinach and punch Juggy so hard he turns into this:
http://pandadan.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/1174326255-juggernaut_cat.jpg

quanchi112
popeye loses. he beat brutus up which is no big thing.

juggernaut crushes him.

Badabing
Originally posted by quanchi112
popeye loses. he beat brutus up which is no big thing.

juggernaut crushes him. You don't know Popeye.

quanchi112
You don't know Popeye. yeah hes the guy who beat up no superpowers brutus. juggernaut kills him.

tjcoady
yeah hes the guy who beat up no superpowers brutus. juggernaut kills him.

check out the Popeye respect thread. Popeye has, on numerous occasions, punched through magic, destroyed entire battleships, altered reality with his punches, defeated entire armies, not even notice cannon or gun shot, and achieved matter manipulation.

Popeye wins. and easily. he comes from a universe with different rules.

plus, Popeye is a bad ass.

gogogadgetgo
Popeye wins! nothing em spinatch cant do!

quanchi112
Originally posted by tjcoady
check out the Popeye respect thread. Popeye has, on numerous occasions, punched through magic, destroyed entire battleships, altered reality with his punches, defeated entire armies, not even notice cannon or gun shot, and achieved matter manipulation.

Popeye wins. and easily. he comes from a universe with different rules.

plus, Popeye is a bad ass. sorry but juggernaut couldnt be hurt by him. that simple.

tjcoady
sorry but juggernaut couldnt be hurt by him. that simple.

you simply don't understand Popeye's powers.

In the classic epic, "Popeye and the Jeep," our protagonist is confronted by a fourth dimensional being known as a "Jeep." The Jeep, in addition to being able to walk through walls and requiring a diet of orchids to sustain his life, is also capable of predicting the future- our omniscient narrator states that it is IMPOSSIBLE for the Jeep to be wrong.

In short, the Jeep predicts that Popeye will lose a fight. Popeye, sick and the on VERGE OF DEATH, still participates in said fight. Through the consumption of Spinach and his own formidable capabilites, using his strength, Popeye is able to win the fight despite the dire prediction.

Ergo Sum, Popeye is not merely stronger than wizards, battleships, landmasses, the strong and weak molecular force, and an entire fleets of advanced alien ships, as can be observed in the respect thread; he is fact stronger than REALITY ITSELF. Through sheer force of will, Popeye is capable of actually OVERCOMING THE FUTURE. It's tantamount to someone being able to prove Destiny of the Endless wrong- I would say it's a far greater feat than Superboy Prime punching history or Superman One Million shattering the time barrier through strength. Or for that matter, Trion Juggernaut's destruction of barriers in reality.

Popeye lands a single blow and transforms Juggernaut into a meek baby wearing a comically large helmet.

allow me to provide additional examples of Popeye's vast mystical capabilities:

"Popeye on numerous occasions has punched people and accompanying objects into cages, cabins, tents, tepees, stuffed animals, toys, etc. On one occasion Popeye was attacked by a Giant Octopuss while he was diving for pearls. Popeye punched the octopuss and turned it into a Merry-Go-Round.
- During WWII, Popeye punched out a fleet of German battleships into individual cages to imprison over 100 Nazi soldiers. Popeye also punched through the gunfire of 10 Nazi fighter jets, in mid air, and punched the planes to splinters that formed a fence and imprisoned the pilots as they landed with their parachutes. He also got a medal of honor from Eisenhower.
-During WW II Popeye once turned out all the lights in his hometown for a bomb raid in a matter of seconds.
-Popeye once punched an enraged Giant King Kong-esque Gorilla into 3 separate monkeys, each covering their ears, eyes, and mouth (hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil) respectively." (from the Popeye respect thread)

quanchi112
you simply don't understand Popeye's powers.

In the classic epic, "Popeye and the Jeep," our protagonist is confronted by a fourth dimensional being known as a "Jeep." The Jeep, in addition to being able to walk through walls and requiring a diet of orchids to sustain his life, is also capable of predicting the future- our omniscient narrator states that it is IMPOSSIBLE for the Jeep to be wrong.

In short, the Jeep predicts that Popeye will lose a fight. Popeye, sick and the on VERGE OF DEATH, still participates in said fight. Through the consumption of Spinach and his own formidable capabilites, using his strength, Popeye is able to win the fight despite the dire prediction.

Ergo Sum, Popeye is not merely stronger than wizards, battleships, landmasses, the strong and weak molecular force, and an entire fleets of advanced alien ships, as can be observed in the respect thread; he is fact stronger than REALITY ITSELF. Through sheer force of will, Popeye is capable of actually OVERCOMING THE FUTURE. It's tantamount to someone being able to prove Destiny of the Endless wrong- I would say it's a far greater feat than Superboy Prime punching history or Superman One Million shattering the time barrier through strength. Or for that matter, Trion Juggernaut's destruction of barriers in reality.

Popeye lands a single blow and transforms Juggernaut into a meek baby wearing a comically large helmet.

allow me to provide additional examples of Popeye's vast mystical capabilities:

"Popeye on numerous occasions has punched people and accompanying objects into cages, cabins, tents, tepees, stuffed animals, toys, etc. On one occasion Popeye was attacked by a Giant Octopuss while he was diving for pearls. Popeye punched the octopuss and turned it into a Merry-Go-Round.
- During WWII, Popeye punched out a fleet of German battleships into individual cages to imprison over 100 Nazi soldiers. Popeye also punched through the gunfire of 10 Nazi fighter jets, in mid air, and punched the planes to splinters that formed a fence and imprisoned the pilots as they landed with their parachutes. He also got a medal of honor from Eisenhower.
-During WW II Popeye once turned out all the lights in his hometown for a bomb raid in a matter of seconds.
-Popeye once punched an enraged Giant King Kong-esque Gorilla into 3 separate monkeys, each covering their ears, eyes, and mouth (hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil) respectively." (from the Popeye respect thread) i still say popeye fights against weaklings. juggs stil wins but u do make a good point.

to tell u the truth i really dont care to argue this any further. this thread does nothing for me. it bores me but thanks for the detailed post as u have certainly done ur homework.

tjcoady
i still say popeye fights against weaklings. juggs stil wins but u do make a good point.

to tell u the truth i really dont care to argue this any further. this thread does nothing for me. it bores me but thanks for the detailed post as u have certainly done ur homework.

actually, I was just f**king around, because I don't want to write an essay concerning the long term socioeconomic impact of the Black Panthers movement. but thank you. those are very kind words.

quanchi112
actually, I was just f**king around, because I don't want to write an essay concerning the long term socioeconomic impact of the Black Panthers movement. but thank you. those are very kind words. although i did forget about spinach, thank u for reminding me about spinach. its so damn good for ya.

Laminator_X
Popeye would need the morpho-punch to take Juggy. The bastard's just to durable otherwise.

Once Popeye gulps down his spinach, he says to the oncoming Juggs: "So yaz wansta go thisaway huh?" sidesteps and spanks him through a mountain. He runs around the other side of the mountain and winds up a mega punch as Juggy comes smashing out the other side.

With a patter of "Ohhhh, you thinks your quite the tough-guy doos yuh?" He hits the out-of control Juggernaut right on the chin and suddenly Cain finds himself human-sized, tied to the mast of an over-sized ship in a bottle with the Gem of Cytorrak for a stopper. "Hmms, that's quite the Jug fur a Naut. Guk guk guk guk guk."

As he tows Cain off into the sunset behind his boat he can be heard to sing...
"If you thinks you ain't stoppin, you're in for a boppin from Popeye the Sailor Man." Toot-toot.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Popeye would need the morpho-punch to take Juggy. The bastard's just to durable otherwise.

Once Popeye gulps down his spinach, he says to the oncoming Juggs: "So yaz wansta go thisaway huh?" sidesteps and spanks him through a mountain. He runs around the other side of the mountain and winds up a mega punch as Juggy comes smashing out the other side.

With a patter of "Ohhhh, you thinks your quite the tough-guy doos yuh?" He hits the out-of control Juggernaut right on the chin and suddenly Cain finds himself human-sized, tied to the mast of an over-sized ship in a bottle with the Gem of Cytorrak for a stopper. "Hmms, that's quite the Jug fur a Naut. Guk guk guk guk guk."

As he tows Cain off into the sunset behind his boat he can be heard to sing...
"If you thinks you ain't stoppin, you're in for a boppin from Popeye the Sailor Man." Toot-toot.

that was an absolutely brilliant scenario. I would applaud, but this is the internet.

spidey-dude

f_OVGZsAjSk&mode=related&search= laughing

Kento
yeah hes the guy who beat up no superpowers brutus. juggernaut kills him. You're using the name Brutus? As in guy who replaced Bluto in the watered down Disney version?

Please tell me you've seen the original version with Bluto. If I recall correctly Bluto was lifting 200 tons in one episode. Popeye is so much stronger in the original series. Popeye has taken out a Genie, hit away magic attacks, hit Bluto all the way around the planet in one punch, and pulled together a cliff with ease to cross after the bridge connecting them broke.

Tron
Wow, how did this thread go so long without being closed?

Oh well...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.