The Domus Publica

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gideon
The Domus Publica is, in my opinion, the greatest collection of Star Wars-related essays and articles available. It's ran by a gentleman named Julian Sykes, who debates and participates on Stardestroyer.net under the username of "Publius".

The articles pertain to the Galactic Empire, but trust me when I say that they are outstanding. Publius is -- hands down -- the best debater I have ever encountered. His posts are peerlessly written, he never resorts to flaming and/or personal attacks, and he always lists a source for his claims.

Truly an example for debaters. I'd recommend checking the site out.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I definitely will

Darth Scythe
Originally posted by Gideon
The Domus Publica is, in my opinion, the greatest collection of Star Wars-related essays and articles available. It's ran by a gentleman named Julian Sykes, who debates and participates on Stardestroyer.net under the username of "Publius".

The articles pertain to the Galactic Empire, but trust me when I say that they are outstanding. Publius is -- hands down -- the best debater I have ever encountered. His posts are peerlessly written, he never resorts to flaming and/or personal attacks, and he always lists a source for his claims.

Truly an example for debaters. I'd recommend checking the site out.

Thanks. I'm gonna go and mercilessly flame this guy, as well as his Mom, his Dad, his girlfriend and his first pet until he breaks. We'll see how long that 'never resorts to personal attacks' attitude lasts on my rampage.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
Thanks. I'm gonna go and mercilessly flame this guy, as well as his Mom, his Dad, his girlfriend and his first pet until he breaks. We'll see how long that 'never resorts to personal attacks' attitude lasts on my rampage.

Spoken like a true sociopath. He'd likely just ignore you.

Darth Scythe
It was a joke, relax sugarfoot.

exanda kane
Guy needs to get out more.

Darth Sexy
I would agree with EK but at the same time, if the guy is that damn good that even Escape is fascinated, better give him props.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I would agree with EK but at the same time, if the guy is that damn good that even Escape is fascinated, better give him props.

I'm absolutely serious. As much as I respect Advent, Lightsnake, yourself, and everyone else here as far as debating skills, I haven't seen anyone come close to being as good as Publius.

Darth Sexy
Do I have to register for the forums to read his stuff? I see essays on the main page but I don't think that's the same thing.

Gideon
Do I have to register for the forums to read his stuff? I see essays on the main page but I don't think that's the same thing.

No.

Domus Publica is in the process of being revamped. It's missing two major documents: 'Something Wicked This Way Comes: The Life and Times of Palpatine the Undying' (which would kick any pro-Ancient Sith ass) and 'The Test of Wills' which is a Dark Empire-novel. It isn't canon, but it's better than 90% of all EU work. I hated the comics, but I loved Publius's novel of it.

Darth Sexy
I would LOVe to get my hands on those two stories

Gideon
I copied and pasted this argument that I remember. It's just one excerpt.

Edit: Credit to Publius, 100%. There's no way in hell I could even dream of something like this.

Darth Sexy
Damn.. DAMN... I'd like to see someone refute that argument.. However he is simply stating the obvious, that Sidious is above everybody else, and the argument begins for #2, #3, etc. Furthermore, he's asserting that because the ancient sith used talismans and amulets, they ALL depended on them. This is fallacious, especially when TOTJ states that the talismans and amulets were used to pass down stories throughout the ages, as multipurpose tools.. But yea, this guy knows his shit.

JesusTheChrist
Publius enters the Hall of Nerds.

Darth Sexy
You mean someone that can write logically and intelligibly is a nerd? GUILTY AS CHARGED

BlaxicanHydra
Someone who knows so much that he can site quites from Star Wars magazines is a nerd, yes.

JesusTheChrist
You mean someone that can write logically and intelligibly is a nerd? GUILTY AS CHARGED

No. Nerd is someone who has too much on his hand with no life at all, and dedicated his life to Star Wars with no benefits.That is Publius.

Gideon
Originally posted by JesusTheChrist
No. Nerd is someone who has too much on his hand with no life at all, and dedicated his life to Star Wars with no benefits.That is Publius.

Publius told me he was inspired by you. stick out tongue

Spartan ll
The guy's a good debator, but no offense, he has WAY TOO MUCH time on his hands to be able to type up all that shit. I respect him in the debating area though, I'll give him that.

BlaxicanHydra
pffft I could beat him.

Gideon
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
pffft I could beat him.

Blaxican is my b1tch! Hahahah. no expression

Darth Sexy
While you may say he has too much time on his hands, it could be a hobby. Just like I play sports or Escape and lightsnake pork fat chicks, he writes.. Nothing wrong with it.

Gideon
While you may say he has too much time on his hands, it could be a hobby. Just like I play sports or Escape and lightsnake pork fat chicks, he writes.. Nothing wrong with it.

Pork fat chicks? Your mom isn't that heavy...

Darth Sexy
Sorry, my mom is too high class for you. I think you're into the super heavyweight level these days.

nmensfinest
The guy's clearly a good writer, however how can you honestly accurately evaluate his debating ability from one opening post without seeing the quality of his replies to contesting posts? From what I've seen on this forum, Advent, Illustrious and IKC have demonstrated far greater debating ability.

Darth Sexy
Not sure about that. His argument about Palpatine is infallible. I'd love for someone to refute it.

nmensfinest
Damn.. DAMN... I'd like to see someone refute that argument.. However he is simply stating the obvious, that Sidious is above everybody else, and the argument begins for #2, #3, etc. Furthermore, he's asserting that because the ancient sith used talismans and amulets, they ALL depended on them. This is fallacious, especially when TOTJ states that the talismans and amulets were used to pass down stories throughout the ages, as multipurpose tools.. But yea, this guy knows his shit.

Not sure about that. His argument about Palpatine is infallible. I'd love for someone to refute it.

LMAO!! laughing laughing

Darth Sexy
Having something fallacious in his entire paper does not make his argument fallible. But I could see how that's above you Noobaris.

Gideon
Originally posted by nmensfinest
The guy's clearly a good writer, however how can you honestly accurately evaluate his debating ability from one opening post without seeing the quality of his replies to contesting posts? From what I've seen on this forum, Advent, Illustrious and IKC have demonstrated far greater debating ability.

You're welcome to that opinion. And while Advent, Illustrious, IKC, and Janus are gifted thinkers and debaters, in order to fully understand Publius's skills, you'd have to visit SD.net. This thread is more or less about his writing ability. But as far as his debating skills are concerned, in a single post, he just dismantled the entire "Ancient Sith pwn all!" theory in a succinct way that took months of arguments here to prove. Furthermore, Publius can get his point across without ever resorting to personal attacks, jabs, or insults, which is something that no one here -- myself included -- can claim. Lastly, the man has a source for everything, so rarely does he have to rely on fallible logical deduction.

Spartan ll
I wouldn't exactly put IKC up there with You, Advent and Janus. From what Ive been reading over at EoD, he's too busy praising Kun to even think straight. Other than that, I completely agree, Gids.

I used to be a good debator, though Ive gotten dull from being gone so long, and it appears KMCs SW Vs forum isn't really used all that much.

Faunus
Please. IKC had some of the best arguments this place had ever seen, and he's likely twice the debater of any regular left here.

Darth Sexy
Very unlikely Faunus. I'm not bragging about my debating skills and my huge package, but you need to back up a statement like that. I have read his arguments and while I consider him a very good debater, he's only as good as his favorite character. I haven't seen him bring his A game to any character other than Kun, and I would say Escape, Advent, and sometimes even LS are better even on their worst days.

Spartan ll
Originally posted by Faunus
Please. IKC had some of the best arguments this place had ever seen, and he's likely twice the debater of any regular left here. If you consider "Kun PWNS!" or "Kun will wipe the floor with him" 'arguments' then you'd be correct. I especially loved how he said those two quotes in a LOTF Luke vs Exar Kun thread over at EoD. Just proves he's a fanboy. laughing out loud

That and I really don't take your words for anything since you yourself were once an 'Ancient Sith PWNS all' fanboy here before Ush made you all leave.

Faunus
His pro-Kun arguments, which is where he made his mark, were some of the best I've seen here, ever. I don't remember seeing his stances on other characters, but those arguments were fantastic.

Darth Sexy
Well he's a Kun fanboy, that is true. However, he has offered some of the best arguments I've ever seen. BUT, that was before most of us knew what we were talking about. With that said, he's also offered some of the most ridiculous arguments when it comes to Kun vs. Sidious or Kun vs. Luke, so it goes both ways.

Spartan ll
His pro-Kun arguments, which is where he made his mark, were some of the best I've seen here, ever. I don't remember seeing his stances on other characters, but those arguments were fantastic. Yeah, until he resorted to just saying 'Kun PWNS all' and whatever crap he came up with. And if those were the best you've seen here, then you've obviously haven't seen much. That and I don't really consider you a reliable source on anything here either.

Faunus
Originally posted by Spartan ll If you consider "Kun PWNS!" or "Kun will wipe the floor with him" 'arguments' then you'd be correct. I especially loved how he said those two quotes in a LOTF Luke vs Exar Kun thread over at EoD. Just proves he's a fanboy. laughing out loudAs opposed to you - what good arguments have you made lately, if ever? And really, do you haunt EoD just to see what the old timers are up to? Or are you just making sh*t up, cuz IKC hasn't so much as mentioned Kun in months.

Darth Sexy
Faunus, it's not about Spartan II. He's not claiming to be a great debater, he's just saying IKC sometimes had his fanboy moments, there's no need for a "look at you" comment. I agree that those were some of the best arguments I've ever seen on here, but he's had some of the worst ones as well.

Faunus
Originally posted by Spartan ll
Yeah, until he resorted to just saying 'Kun PWNS all' and whatever crap he came up with. And if those were the best you've seen here, then you've obviously haven't seen much. That and I don't really consider you a reliable source on anything here either. If by "haven't seen much" you mean I was here over a month before the noob flood, yeah. And for the record, I couldn't give two sh*ts what you consider me to be, considering I know the guy a hell of a lot better than you and - unlike you - I don't have some irrational hate of people who can debate.

With the exception of Luke, for whom there was never anyone who could make a good case for, almost all of his arguments were spotless.

Spartan ll
As opposed to you - what good arguments have you made lately, if ever? And really, do you haunt EoD just to see what the old timers are up to? Or are you just making sh*t up, cuz IKC hasn't so much as mentioned Kun in months. So you're trying to make this about me to evade show us IKCs 'incredible' arguments? Pathetic. Don't go trying to make this about if you don't have an argument. Nope, I just find you all to be entertaining, and that's about it. I'm not making anything up, my evasive friend. Even Sexy and I'm sure a few others, remember when IKC would say 'Kun wipes the floor with him' in any Luke VS Exar or Sidious VS Exar thread.

Faunus
Faunus, it's not about Spartan II. He's not claiming to be a great debater, he's just saying IKC sometimes had his fanboy moments, there's no need for a "look at you" comment. I agree that those were some of the best arguments I've ever seen on here, but he's had some of the worst ones as well. The worst? lol, do you know you comes here? How many mind-numbingly stupid arguments I could find you in an hour here? Hell we have someone trying to say Obi-Wan's more powerful than Dooku.

Darth Sexy
Yea, I didn't say the worst because we have dumbasses here every single day. But some of his pro Kun anti Luke arguments were so absurd, it's mind boggling. Hell everybody has bad arguments..

Spartan ll
The worst? lol, do you know you comes here? How many mind-numbingly stupid arguments I could find you in an hour here? Hell we have someone trying to say Obi-Wan's more powerful than Dooku. You still have yet to prove IKC made a good argument or not. True, though I could say the same when you all were here just saying 'Ragnos OWNS' in any ____ vs Ragnos thread, could I not? And besides, the Obi-Wan is more powerful than Dooku thread is being made up by a longtime n00b who keeps making socks(Going on about 11 now, I would think), so don't take his words for granted.

Faunus
So you're trying to make this about me to evade show us IKCs 'incredible' arguments? Pathetic. Don't go trying to make this about if you don't have an argument. Nope, I just find you all to be entertaining, and that's about it. I'm not making anything up, my evasive friend. Even Sexy and I'm sure a few others, remember when IKC would say 'Kun wipes the floor with him' in any Luke VS Exar or Sidious VS Exar thread. Well, given that a few posts ago you said you were "once a good debater," I was curious to see what you'd ever come up with. But hey, none of my business. And as for the matches - there was never any evidence contradicting him at the time, and no one good enough to formulate an argument against him if they could find some.

Darth Sexy
With the exception of Luke, for whom there was never anyone who could make a good case for, almost all of his arguments were spotless.

THat's just it, nobody really needed to make a case for Luke. As time went on, we started using canon sources to aid our debates, so nobody had to create a masterpiece to argue that Luke is the most powerful force user in the SW galaxy. On the other hand, when Kun is mentioned, the main argument is "omg he has amuletz". And I've seen very good arguments for Luke from Advent, LS, and Escape.

Spartan ll
Well, given that a few posts ago you said you were "once a good debater," I was curious to see what you'd ever come up with. But hey, none of my business. And as for the matches - there was never any evidence contradicting him at the time, and no one good enough to formulate an argument against him if they could find some. WHen I have the time to go back to the beginning of 2005 to the beginning of 2006 in this forum, I'll let you know. That and you're still evading the point, this isn't about me, this is about IKC's debating skills.

Of course their wasn't, especially when everyone knew your 'friends' would bully anyone who disagreed with him.

Faunus
Yea, I didn't say the worst because we have dumbasses here every single day. But some of his pro Kun anti Luke arguments were so absurd, it's mind boggling. Hell everybody has bad arguments.. Well if you guys are willing to admit that, then there's no reason to go insulting excellent debaters behind their back, is there?

I don't have to prove anything; this isn't a debate. I just don't like people insulting others behind their backs, or cutting their due credit short.

Darth Sexy
Well if you guys are willing to admit that, then there's no reason to go insulting excellent debaters behind their back, is there?
SHow me where I insulted IKC? I don't remember anything resembling an insult. You claimed he was a great debater, I agreed and said that he has also had his bad days. HOWEVER, you also made the claim that he's twice as good as anybody on here, and I don't think you could prove that. Not to mention Advent, Escape, LS, and I would all take offense to that claim. Just because we're on KMC doesn't mean we're with the bottomfeeders.

Faunus
WHen I have the time to go back to the beginning of 2005 to the beginning of 2006 in this forum, I'll let you know. That and you're still evading the point.

Of course their wasn't, especially when everyone knew your 'friends' would bully anyone who disagreed with him.LMAo

This is pathetic. Are you guys looking at what you do now? Advent, Escape, all of you but LS really. You relentlessly bash anyone who goes against common standards here - I could find things right now if I was so inclined. So before you go out on a tangent and insult "my friends" for the way KMC used to be, which was way more fun, take a look at how things are here. After a month of noobs one tends to lose his patience, and that's common to everyone.

Spartan ll
Well if you guys are willing to admit that, then there's no reason to go insulting excellent debaters behind their back, is there?As I recall, you still have yet to post any of IKC's 'incredible' debating skills, do you not?

Yes you do. You made a claim here that IKC's debating skills were 'incredible', now you have to back that claim up. I already have a few witnesses on this forum that can vouch for what I said about him, now you have to find some proof for your words to hold up.

Faunus
SHow me where I insulted IKC? I don't remember anything resembling an insult. You claimed he was a great debater, I agreed and said that he has also had his bad days. HOWEVER, you also made the claim that he's twice as good as anybody on here, and I don't think you could prove that. Not to mention Advent, Escape, LS, and I would all take offense to that claim. Just because we're on KMC doesn't mean we're with the bottomfeeders. I never said any of you were bad, I said twice as good as any regular. To my knowledge, Advent isn't on daily anymore, so she's exempt. LS is great too, and highly doubt any of them would actually take offense. Just my personal opinion.

Faunus
As I recall, you still have yet to post any of IKC's 'incredible' debating skills, do you not?

Yes you do. You made a claim here that IKC's debating skills were 'incredible', now you have to back that claim up. I already have a few witnesses on this forum that can vouch for what I said about him, now you have to find some proof for your words to hold up. It's a matter of opinion. If you think the nmensfinest and his lot can make a better case than IKC, that's up to you to believe. And as for proof - again, this isn't a debate. It's purely opinion, so I'm not going to dig through ungodly numbers of pages to justify it.

Darth Sexy
I have no idea why the Antedeluvians left, but I have seen some of their arguments and they constantly argue against canon sources when they contradict their opininons. Then they resort to childish bashing. Hell I do it too but that's my personality, and a lot of people do it here, but on the level of the Antedeluvians? Come on Faunus. Not to mention the term "Condescending" came to mind when reading some of the Antedeluvian posts.

Spartan ll
LMAo

This is pathetic. Are you guys looking at what you do now? Advent, Escape, all of you but LS really. You relentlessly bash anyone who goes against common standards here - I could find things right now if I was so inclined. So before you go out on a tangent and insult "my friends" for the way KMC used to be, which was way more fun, take a look at how things are here. After a month of noobs one tends to lose his patience, and that's common to everyone. LMAO, you're still evading the point. And you didn't bash anyone who went against YOUR standards when YOU were here? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Sexy
I don't remember Faunus/Fishy really bashing anyone on this forum. That was more Janus, Illustrious, and IKC.

Spartan ll
It's a matter of opinion. If you think the nmensfinest and his lot can make a better case than IKC, that's up to you to believe. And as for proof - again, this isn't a debate. It's purely opinion, so I'm not going to dig through ungodly numbers of pages to justify it. Did I say N00baris could? No. Don't go putting words in my mouth to try and make some half-assed way to evade the point, Faunus. Then tell you what, why don't you keep your opinion to yourself unless you have proof to back it up next time, kay?

Faunus
LMAO, you're still evading the point. And you didn't bash anyone who went against YOUR standards when YOU were here? roll eyes (sarcastic) Did I say that? Did I ever say we weren't harsh? No? Good. And FYI, before I started getting attacked by the early waves of morons in August '05, I was remarkably civil and softspoken. Like Darth Dipsit Jr, or something. Then I got to know more people here, and I soured. Same with the rest, and that's exactly what happened with this generation.

Darth Sexy
I'm confused Spartan, why does he need to back up his opinion? This isn't a debate, it's just his personal opinion.

Faunus
Did I say N00baris could? No. Don't go putting words in my mouth to try and make some half-assed way to evade the point, Faunus. Then tell you what, why don't you keep your opinion to yourself unless you have proof to back it up next time, kay? If it matters to you so much, look it up yourself, and stop bitching about it.

Spartan ll
Did I say that? Did I ever say we weren't harsh? No? Good. And FYI, before I started getting attacked by the early waves of morons in August '05, I was remarkably civil and softspoken. Like Darth Dipsit Jr, or something. Then I got to know more people here, and I soured. Same with the rest, and that's exactly what happened with this generation. No, but you made it sound like we were the only ones in a half-assed effort to still evade the point, did you not? I wouldn't put you on Dipsit's level, but compared to the others, you were alittle bit better. Still doesn't excuse you from the point you're still trying to evade, though.

Spartan ll
If it matters to you so much, look it up yourself, and stop bitching about it. I don't have to, I'm not the one who made the claim, remember?

Faunus
No, but you made it sound like we were the only ones in a half-assed effort still evade the point, did you not? I wouldn't put you on Dipsit's level, but compared to the others, you were alittle bit better. Still doesn't excuse you from the point you're still trying to evade, though. A) The nice-guy act was well over by the time you came, believe me.

B) For the last f***ing time, I'm not evading any points. I don't need to justify my opinion on someone being a good debater. Now stop your nagging, it's getting annoying.

This isn't a debate you moron. Get that through your head.

Spartan ll
A) The nice-guy act was well over by the time you came, believe me.

B) For the last f***ing time, I'm not evading any points. I don't need to justify my opinion on someone being a good debater. Now stop your nagging, it's getting annoying.

This isn't a debate you moron. Get that through your head.
1. Tell me something I don't know.

2. Why? You made a claim aswell as insulted several members here in doing so, I would think that warrants some proof to back up that claim, would it not?

How am I a moron? I'm not the one here making an unsupported claim and insulting members here in doing so and claiming that I don't need proof. If anything, it is YOU who is the moron here.

Faunus
1. Tell me something I don't know.You're annoying as hell?

No one older than five would get insulted by my saying I think someone else is a better debater than them. Are you sitting there crying because Escape thinks Publius is the best he's ever seen?

Ooh, staggering comeback. And for the fourth or fifth time, I'm not debating this. Can you read that? Here, nice and big for you:

THIS-IS-NOT-A-DEBATE.

I don't expect any of you to change your views on who's the shit at KMC on my account. Now stop being a nuisance and back off.

Gideon
Jesus, people, I made a thread about Publius to celebrate his writing ability and debating skills, not a platform where you can gloat about your own.

Now, as for my personal opinion, IKC is a great debater. I don't like his methods, but I can't complain since I have indulged myself with similar attacks. That said, I've made my amends and I've made apologies to the people I've bashed.

But to say IKC's arguments are "spotless" is ridiculous. He argued that Kun would take NJO Luke and DE Sidious at the same time without pushing himself too hard.

And now we know that it's quite the reverse. Sidious would take Kun, and so would Luke. No one has a perfect record here of debating - not Janus, not Illustrious, not Nai, not Advent, not Faunus, and sure as hell not myself.

Tangible God
LMAo

This is pathetic. Are you guys looking at what you do now? Advent, Escape, all of you but LS really. You relentlessly bash anyone who goes against common standards here - I could find things right now if I was so inclined. So before you go out on a tangent and insult "my friends" for the way KMC used to be, which was way more fun, take a look at how things are here. After a month of noobs one tends to lose his patience, and that's common to everyone. Unfortunately true statement.

Spartan ll
You're annoying as hell?Already knew that.

So says you, though I would think anyone here would be insulted by saying someone as fanboyishly dillusional as IKC is better than them. The again, you've already shown us that your word can't be taken for granted. Like I said before, this isn't about me, stop trying to change the subject.

Then next time don't make a claim you can't or aren't willing to support without giving us some sort of proof before you go on a 3 post tirade saying A is better than B.

Good, because quite frankly, I could care less who you think is 'the shit' here. Then stop posting claims that you can't back up. roll eyes (sarcastic) ANd last time I checked, most of your posts in this thread were of you DEBATING with me on IKCs skill, were they not?

Darth Sexy
This is ruining the whole point of this thread. And Escape, I want those damn stories.

Gideon
This is ruining the whole point of this thread. And Escape, I want those damn stories.

He doesn't have them up on the site! mad

He's re-editing the entire things, but if I can get ahold of them, I will.

Spartan ll
Whatever. I'm done anyways. I thought this thread was all done by page 2 anyways....

Darth Scythe
I don't need to get in an agrument with that guy to know he doesn't have a girlfriend and probably has to pay for sex.... if he even has sex at all.

I win in the end.

BlaxicanHydra
Believe it or not, a lot of chicks actually dig nerds compared to idiots and jocks.

Lightsnake
IKC was a hell of a debater, Faunus is fully correct....a bit flawed in places, but damn fine at arguing.

Janus Marius
So would I. It would involve some heavy checking of his sources, seeing as the bulk of them are RPG sourcebooks. I know sourcebooks background material is technically C-canon, but the sources themselves seem a bit flimsy. A stance made up by RPG sourcebook excerpts doesn't strike me as being particularly broad-spectrum and convincing.

I'd normally be inclined to answer him point for point but I don't have the time to doublecheck his sources at the moment. Let me see what I can come up with Monday-ish.

This is really funny since a) you insist on him proving his opinion and b) Ush didn't make anyone leave; we left because quite frankly the matches died up here. KMC SW versus is pretty much a rehash.

Lightsnake
As far as arguments of this sort go, C-canon is pretty much the only way to to put it....Exar Kun and the Ancients' -especially the Ancients- have heavy background themselves in similar sources...

That said, this isn't exactly a wide debate topic by Publius, he was just answering a few questions.

Janus Marius
True, though I think that there ought to be further hierarchies within the respective canon levels. For example, G-canon incorporates the movies and novelizations, but Chee clearly states that the movies are top prioritiy. Likewise, when two pieces of C-canon conflict, which is superior? Should it be determined by which was there first? The type of media it is presented? Or its depiction in other official material like the NEC?

I doubt Lucasarts and Lucasfilm is ever going to lose sleep over such things, but since this is what we do I think it's an important step to take, even if only for the sake of our own debates.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Janus Marius
True, though I think that there ought to be further hierarchies within the respective canon levels. For example, G-canon incorporates the movies and novelizations, but Chee clearly states that the movies are top prioritiy. Likewise, when two pieces of C-canon conflict, which is superior? Should it be determined by which was there first? The type of media it is presented? Or its depiction in other official material like the NEC?
Well, there are some levels to this:
Some sources-namely the newer ones- can take precedence over the older ones. As for the 'more official' thing in here, there are sources that are less accurate without the 'God's Eye View' things like the NEC and Visual Guides offer.

Basically, it's on a case-by-case basis

Janus Marius
So then let's make an example-

What is a more accurate representation of the era: TOTJ comics or KOTOR?

Lightsnake
As it stands now, probably KOTOR, given the support from the KOTOR comics

Janus Marius
So to what extension does this retconning affect the comics themselves?

Lightsnake
It's unknown....the ideas drift around that just the tech was a bit 'archaic' due to 'artist renditions' (With everything in the story itself remaining constant) to a massive jump start to the tech occurring after the war

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.