Umbrella versus Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
The Evil corporation has fielded all of it's nightmarish creatures, ready for the inevitable 'take over the world' scheme. Only one man stands in their way .....

Dante cool

Location : A empty New york at night , no sewers or going inside buildings however.

Stipulations :

Dante - Full Devil trigger , it re-charges after every 25 minutes. Ebony , Ivory and Alastor only.

Umbrella - Forces consist of....

1000 zombies
250 Zombie dogs
100 Crimson heads
30 Giant spiders (strung between skyscrapers)
100 Hunters
50 Lickers
10 Tyrants (Mr X)
1 Proto Tyrant
1 Nosferatu
1 Queen Leech
3 Nemesis (All fully equipped)

Who wins ?

ThoraxeRMG
I don't think Dante can survive.
Even if not, he is gonna be infected with the T-Virus.
EDIT: Alastor should tranform into his humanoid form.

grey fox
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
I don't think Dante can survive.
Even if not, he is gonna be infected with the T-Virus.
EDIT: Alastor should tranform into his humanoid form.

I'm pretty sure Dantes demonic powers could overcome a simple virus.

ThoraxeRMG
But he is still half-human, and the T-Virus isn't "simple".
And when he leaves his Devil Trigger mode, he is kinda in trouble.
While he kills many zombies, one of those Tyrants is gonna smack him, and a Tyrant T-003's strength is great. It's not gonna instant kill him, but it will hurt slightly. It's gonna really suck if those Tyrant T-003 remove their Limiters all at once, and most likely they're gonna release it from the plain start upon seeing how strong Dante is.
I can see Dante kill a few, but this fight is too much. And Damn, that Nemesis T-Type is not gonna make it easier. Those damned Giant Spiders and Hunters are gonna be major distrations to Dante.
This is insanity...

ThoraxeRMG
I hope Umbrella can't refill their forces nor bring in more B.O.W.'s.
Because if so, this battle would become literally a new hell for Dante.

Burning thought
a virus infected fish jumps from a window of the buildings and rips out dantes eyes on the way down...owned

grey fox
While he kills many zombies, one of those Tyrants is gonna smack him, and a Tyrant T-003's strength is great. It's not gonna instant kill him, but it will hurt slightly. It's gonna really suck if those Tyrant T-003 remove their Limiters all at once, and most likely they're gonna release it from the plain start upon seeing how strong Dante is.
I can see Dante kill a few, but this fight is too much. And Damn, that Nemesis T-Type is not gonna make it easier. Those damned Giant Spiders and Hunters are gonna be major distrations to Dante.
This is insanity...

A. Remember this isn't a pitched battlefield , all these things are filling up a empty New York (Dante's being payed a $100,000,000 for a 'clean up' of the 'infestation')

B.When a body can take having it's soul slowly drained away , a little virus isn't going to be anywhere near a problem. If not then we can just say he's immune. I made this fight to see how far Dante could go before dying , not see how far he can go before biting the big one thanks to a fancy cold....

Estacado
This is insanity...
Hurt him? Dante has been impaled by a sword he got shocked by demonic lightning and he was laughing at Trish.....

Superboy Prime
Honestly...I can see him clearing the city.

I don't even know what it takes to put him down for good.

1000 zombies = nothing

250 zombie dogs = nothing

150 crimson heads = a bit more annoying than actual zombies. He simply decapitates them.

30 giant spiders ( do you mean the boss one in RE?) = Dante can pull it off.

100 hunters = Dante will get hurt, but he can put them down.

50 lickers = same as above but with more difficulty.

10 Tyrants = TROUBLE. These guys can take a lot of damage and can still go. Ebony & Ivory will be useless. Alastor might hurt them a bit. I think he will have to devil trigger the crap out of them to pull it off.

1 Proto Tyrant(was that the one Rebecca killed/or Chris/Jill?) = don't remember much about it...but if it approaches Dante right after he (possibly) takes out the 10 tyrants Dante will have to retreat until he can regen himself or just put it down via Alastor. But honestly I don't remember this guy.

Nosferatu (was the guy from Code Veronica right?) = Not sure. In the game you needed a sniper...but perhaps Dante could well I don't know.

Queen Leech (CV right?) =I don't know. Perhaps Devil Trigger it for the win.

3 Nemesis = I assume they all have rockets...they are incredibly tough and smarter than Tyrants...ugh I dunno. If they manage to hit him with a rocket it is lights out for him. No way he can soak that damage after this terrific gauntlet.

---
I am not 100% sure about this stuff.

Rascaduanok

Guilty Gear

lightness
who would actually think dante would actually have trouble against anything from re. he's too skilled/powerful. regular humans manage to take on things from re. dante can do it without weapons

no1 knows whether t-virus would have any effects on a 1/2 devil from another universe or he can even get sick. doesnt matter if nothing can touch him unless he feels like it.

lightness
for those that think dante would have any problems with nemesis, tyrants, etc. you gotta remember dante easily takes care of way bigger, stronger faster, monsters with more intelligence easily, and he's strong enough to throw around a motorbike effortlessly.

he's fast enough to cut bullets and all rain effortlesslessy, move fast enough to teleport, keeps up with his brother, and ride on rockets like a surfboard.
ivory/ebony doesnt even fire regular bullets, a charged shot was enough to kill one of the former kings of hell

Rascaduanok

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by lightness
regular humans manage to take on things from re

Don't forget they used Rocket Launcher and other weapons.

no1 knows whether t-virus would have any effects on a 1/2 devil from another universe or he can even get sick.

Dante has DNA right? Then the T-Virus would effect him normally like any other being. And besides I think BioHazard and DMC are in the same universe.

Originally posted by Rascaduanok
Do all these nasties come at him in waves, or does he face them all at once? Most of them would probably take out each other,

Zombies or flesh eating B.O.W.'s seek out moving living sources to eat; mainly humans, if they cannot any with in a time limit, that's when they eat other zombies.

considering how Nemesis in the mini–game speedrun would kill other zombies in his path just to get at you.

Nemesis isn't a Zombie, he is a Tyrant. A Tyrant who was programmed to hunt down the members of S.T.A.R.S. Hench Jill Valentine. That's his goal and his purpose , and he strives to complete it.

lightness
Don't forget they used Rocket Launcher and other weapons.

Dante has DNA right? Then the T-Virus would effect him normally like any other being. And besides I think BioHazard and DMC are in the same universe.

1.see what happenned when lady shot a rocket at dante

2.re and dmc being in teh same universe is just stupit.
they arent even the same genre, or mentioned. nothing would even make sense if they did. capcom actually making a crossover is stupit

3.dante can just electricute himself while killing all viruses

Kazenji
No brainer with this one........dante wins the fight.

Umbrella will end up like the trade federation from starwars just keep pumping out new forces

Spidervlad
Dante hands down. Dont any of you remember the beginning scene in DMC 3? He gets stabbed around 10 times and then he acts like its no biggie.

Added to that, if he would be able to use styles.... That would be an overkill. He could use the Quicksilver one. Or whatever its called, the one that freezes time.

He killed lots of things using his brains, even ones with alot of endurance. And to anyone who said that the nemesis might shoot rocket launchers at him, he would do the same thing he did to Lady's.

Rascaduanok

Violent2Dope
Dante might lose. If all the stronger enemies with weaker ones as distractions teamed him I can see him dying.

ThoraxeRMG

Is that even possible? To electrocute something that will effect your own DNA is suicide. The whole ideal of doing that is insane. I don't even think the electricity that Dante would channel into himself would bother anything in his body externally.

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Dante might lose. If all the stronger enemies with weaker ones as distractions teamed him I can see him dying.

Knowing Nemesis's intelligence, he may throw a few tyrants or Hunters at Dante. It is indeed hard to see the true victor.

Rascaduanok

ThoraxeRMG

{{QS}}
I want to know Dante's using a style becaus ethat could turn the battle in his favour.At the moment I'm still with Dante

Zen2nd
Does Dante die if his head gets chopped off?

Because in all the mayhem I can see it happening.

lightness

Superboy Prime
People forget Dante won't just be spamming Devil Trigger left and right dur

lightness
hardly any1 ever mentioned devil trigger, but it doesnt really matter since dante won't need it. he's not fighting what he considersbig shots like mundus, vergil or even decent opponents like phantom, griffon, beowolf.

how many cutscenes have dante used his dt besides maybe 1 in each game. he didn't need it against anything in the manga except when he jus dted after that vampire tried to suck his blood(doubt that was even in control since he learned to dt during dmc3), and he never bothers using it in the anime(not sure if it's canon yet).

Spidervlad
Theres a DMC anime? Uh oh, it's google time :O

If Dante can use a style then he probably wins. The zombies are really weak compared to them, so instead he would probably use them to his advantage, or do something cool like slide on one of the zombies while shooting all the others with Ebony and Ivy big grin

If they all appear at the same time, Dante would surely use the Zombies as cover. The bigger enemies like Tyrants would basicly kill all the lower units while trying to hit Dante, while Dante could take pot shots at them while taking cover in the zombies.

If he has a style than that will ensure him even a better victory, with Trickster alone he can probably dodge all the attacks using the Zombies or the city, and RoyalGuard would be an overkill, since he could block ALL attacks without taking any damage.

Superboy Prime
The Nemesis can soak a lot of damage. So can the Tyrants and the heavy hitters in the gauntlet.

He can pull it off...but he better rest after engaging 10 Tyrants etc.

IceJaw
Is that even possible? To electrocute something that will effect your own DNA is suicide. The whole ideal of doing that is insane. I don't even think the electricity that Dante would channel into himself would bother anything in his body externally.
Why do you keep referring to Dante as if he's just a normal human when he's clearly not? Do you even have proof of that the T-virus would even affect him? No, you don't, not to mention that the T-virus was designed to affect humans and animals, not demons and we've never even any sick demons whatsoever in the DMC-universe.

And besides, even if the virus would make its way into his body I doubt his immune system wouldn't be able fend it off.

Oh yeah, if Umbrella's freak army happens to come at him all at once, would that even matter? The speed difference between each type of monster would still divide them into groups, I mean:

Zombies : Slow walking, they'd probably act as an audience before the slaughter moves over to them and they'd just be the big shot's way.
Dogs : Fast but weak.
Crimson heads : Fast and strong but with an obvious weak point.
Spiders : Slow and big.
Hunters : Swift and deadly.
Lickers : Swift but bleh.
Mr:X : .................damn slow.
Proto tyrant : ? Which game is he in?
Nosferatu : Same as above but I've probably seen it in action.
Queen Leech : Is there even enough room for that thing!?
Nemesis : Fully equipped with miniguns and RPGs? OK, I've got one word for that : Lady. He battled her when he was YOUNG.

Superboy Prime
I doubt the virus would affect Dante.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by IceJaw
Why do you keep referring to Dante as if he's just a normal human when he's clearly not?

Because he is half human and has DNA.

Do you even have proof of that the T-virus would even affect him? No, you don't, not to mention that the T-virus was designed to affect humans and animals, not demons and we've never even any sick demons whatsoever in the DMC-universe.

He's half human, I'm sure it would effect him in a way.

And besides, even if the virus would make its way into his body I doubt his immune system wouldn't be able fend it off.

Maybe.

Oh yeah, if Umbrella's freak army happens to come at him all at once, would that even matter? The speed difference between each type of monster would still divide them into groups, I mean:

IceJaw
Because he is half human and has DNA.

He's half human, I'm sure it would effect him in a way.

Maybe.
Which doesn't mean jack-shit, he's still got an healing ability that'd make Vamp go weep in a corner.

Same as above.

And again, where's the proof?

ThoraxeRMG
where's the proof?

"The T-Virus is built like any other virus. It is a protein crystal with an RNA core. As the crystal makes contact with a cell's membrane, it destroys it and inserts its RNA into the cell. The cell absorbs the viral genome into its own DNA, which takes over the cell's functions. The cell begins to produce offspring of the original virus. The new viruses are then released from the host cell and infect the neighboring cells, which starts the process all over again."

Rascaduanok

lightness
it did effect the characters in outbreak but simple antiviruses can cure/slow that down.

besides you already forgot dante can generate electricity in his body. especially with alastar. not sure if dante can generate things like fire without weapons like ifrit, agni but he's shown to be able to use electricity even without alastar at times.

Rascaduanok

IceJaw
it did effect the characters in outbreak but simple antiviruses can cure/slow that down. Heard Outbreak's not even canon.
"The T-Virus is built like any other virus. It is a protein crystal with an RNA core. As the crystal makes contact with a cell's membrane, it destroys it and inserts its RNA into the cell. The cell absorbs the viral genome into its own DNA, which takes over the cell's functions. The cell begins to produce offspring of the original virus. The new viruses are then released from the host cell and infect the neighboring cells, which starts the process all over again." And that proves what exactly? That's merely an describtion from a friggin' manual.
Bear in mind the T–Virus doesn’t even affect the GAME characters! You can get bitten multiple times by zombies while playing RE games and still not contract the virus…
That's partially right. Yes, none of the main characters seems to be affacted AT ALL. But the black police guy in RE2 got turned into a zombie but he could have been lying there for several hours which brings me to this point: Let's say Dante somehow gets the virus into his system it would still take more than several hours, say 24 hours for it to turn him into a zombie and I don't this lasting that long, not even close.

lightness
you can charge your guns with electricity and rebellion in dmc3. dante charged his guns without touching a sword against the last boss in dmc2, he seemed to boost his bike with an electric shock in the anime which made it go faster than someone with nitro.

Charlotte DeBel
And if this virus acts JUST like any other virus (friggin' flu virus for god's sake) there's nothing SUPERHUMAN Dante's immune system can't deal with. It would be just as easy for it as fighting off common influenza. The mere difference between it and influenza is that normal human's immune system isn't powerful enough to completely fight it off...which can't be said about Dante's.

He has great healing factor and his DNA is a bit different from human's one...maybe not too much but since T-virus acts in the same way as influenza...Dante's superhuman HF simpkly can stop\block further process of infecting the cells...his HF might be better that Wolverine's, that's not a fanboy statement. Also I doubt all the hell creatures wash their claws with a soap so Dante's HF "knows" how to fight off infections.
ANY virus acts on cellular level, there's nothing special or odd about it.

Superboy Prime
I gave Dante the nod of being unaffected by the viruses because of his demi-human nature.

Kind of like Hercules and the way he is immune to diseases because of his godly nature etc.

Rascaduanok

Superboy Prime
...From a full-fledged god. How does that equate to the T/G/Whetever virus? She made him mad...that's not a virus.

And I was talking about Marvel and the way it lists gods as immune to human diseases

Guilty Gear
There's a character named Umbrella?

Superboy Prime
*Smacks*

Guilty Gear
cry

Superboy Prime
emoemuashtar

Guilty Gear
LMFAO

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
There's a character named Umbrella?

Wow no expression

Violent2Dope
laughinglaughing out loudrolling on floor laughingeek!Happy Dance

Guilty Gear
Didn't bother to read the first post. I just assumed it was a character.

Charlotte DeBel
Dante is a)demi-demon; b)has superhuman healing factor and that means superhumanly effective immune system. His metabolism is superhuman- he's in top shape despite his addiction to pizza and taking long naps. He doesn't trains his ass off... but his human body is perfect, not fat and ugly. So it's safe to assume that semi-demonic metabolism is a bit different from normal human's.
And the way T-virus infects human body isn't different from the way common flu infects human body. ANY virus infects us on DNA level...

And if you ask me for proofs that Dante can't be infected by flu or any other infection caused by viruses...well, I very much doubt that all the hell creatures he hunts down wash their claws and teeth on regular basis.
Having superhuman HF and not having superhuman immune system is kind of weird and a stretch Plastic Man can't even dream of.

Rascaduanok, I've heard your strange ideas that we should judge characters based on gameplay (even when game is played by the lamest player on Easy Automatic) and forget the cutscenes. Well, in gameplay Hulk can be killed by simple soldier with simple handgun if the player is a noob.
And you have Dante in your sig...what a f*cking shame.

IceJaw
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Dante is a)demi-demon; b)has superhuman healing factor and that means superhumanly effective immune system. His metabolism is superhuman- he's in top shape despite his addiction to pizza and taking long naps. He doesn't trains his ass off... but his human body is perfect, not fat and ugly. So it's safe to assume that semi-demonic metabolism is a bit different from normal human's.
And the way T-virus infects human body isn't different from the way common flu infects human body. ANY virus infects us on DNA level...

And if you ask me for proofs that Dante can't be infected by flu or any other infection caused by viruses...well, I very much doubt that all the hell creatures he hunts down wash their claws and teeth on regular basis.
Having superhuman HF and not having superhuman immune system is kind of weird and a stretch Plastic Man can't even dream of.

Rascaduanok, I've heard your strange ideas that we should judge characters based on gameplay (even when game is played by the lamest player on Easy Automatic) and forget the cutscenes. Well, in gameplay Hulk can be killed by simple soldier with simple handgun if the player is a noob.
And you have Dante in your sig...what a f*cking shame.
I love this post.

Guilty Gear

And you have Dante in your sig...what a f*cking shame. Cosigned.

Charlotte DeBel
I simply don't understand when someone tells stupid things about Dante, disregarding him...and still has Dante in his sig and calls himself Dante fan.
And even gameplaywise, Dante CAN be practically invulnerable...if it's Royal Guard style and you're an expert player.

But "Dante being infected by T-virus" isn't the most stupid thing about Dante at this board. It still doesn't beat Dante vs Venom or Dante vs Blade in terms of being really funny.

Guilty Gear
He just thought that gameplay should override what is seen in cutscenes, which is the exact opposite of what it should be.

grey fox
I see there is a lot of arguing , so I'm going to address some things ok ?

Originally posted by grey fox
The Evil corporation has fielded all of it's nightmarish creatures, ready for the inevitable 'take over the world' scheme. Only one man stands in their way .....

Dante cool

Location : A empty New york at night , no sewers or going inside buildings however.

Stipulations :

Dante - Full Devil trigger , it re-charges after every 25 minutes. Ebony , Ivory and Alastor only.

Umbrella - Forces consist of....

1000 zombies
250 Zombie dogs
100 Crimson heads
30 Giant spiders (strung between skyscrapers)
100 Hunters
50 Lickers
10 Tyrants (Mr X)
1 Proto Tyrant
1 Nosferatu
1 Queen Leech
3 Nemesis (All fully equipped)

Who wins ?

My opening post describes location and weaponry/DT stipulations.

Styles : I'll allow Dante to 'pull' a DMC4 and switch between his main three styles (Trickster/Sword-master/Gunslinger) at will. No Royal Guard or Doppleganger however. Quicksilver can only be used 3 time during the entire fight lest spammage emerge stick out tongue

Virus : While I enjoy the thrilling arguments on both sides of this question, I'm making him immune. I'd rather Dante go down fighting then be over taken by some Upgraded flu-bug.

Waves ? : No , no 'waves of enemies' . They are located around the city at varying points and locales. However the Tyrants are in two five men (Monster ?) gangs , the Nemesi (?) are all separate.

Enemies : Proto Tyrant (Aka : Mister Snippy ) Is from RE:0 , Queen Leech is also from RE:0 (Although there IS one in RE:O#1 , I am referring to the Marcus-Leech Queen , not the subway dwelling one) , Nosferatu is from RE:CV.

A simple wiki check should provide info on all of them.

Spidervlad
I simply don't understand when someone tells stupid things about Dante, disregarding him...and still has Dante in his sig and calls himself Dante fan.
And even gameplaywise, Dante CAN be practically invulnerable...if it's Royal Guard style and you're an expert player.

But "Dante being infected by T-virus" isn't the most stupid thing about Dante at this board. It still doesn't beat Dante vs Venom or Dante vs Blade in terms of being really funny.

Huh, what did he say wrong?
You judge a charachter by his main feat and powers. No matter how sucky a player is, he can still press a few buttons to do some cool combo or switch a style. We judge Dante as in the END of the DMC series. So in DMC 3, we judge Dante by the bosses he's beaten and the styles he has and the weapons he has. You don't judge by how many times you died. Cutscenes can be taken in, efcourse, but Gameplay should be taken in too. There are things in DMC you could do while playing but Dante didn't perform those moves/powers in the cutscenes.

What you could do with a charachter means alot, because Dante himself CAN do it. Noobs probably can't do alot of moves or will reach a high style level, but we don't judge noobs, we judge the content of the game which good players beat. We judge the content in it once we get to the maximum of our charachter.

Again, if you can do something in gameplay then Dante can do the same exact thing.

Charlotte DeBel
You don't understand. I didn't say we shouldn't use gameplay AT ALL... we should use oth it and cutscenes. But sometimes I hear stupid things like "he can die in gameplay, and he sucks because of it". Gameplay should be used TOGETHER with cutscenes...not prior to them.

I don't disregard neither gameplay nor cutscenes feats. But just because character can be killed in gameplay, we shouldn't automatically disapprove the demonstration of his HF from cutscenes.

lightness
gameplay leon, claire, chris, jill, etc manage to take on tyrants. i'm sure even dmc1 gameplay dante with any decent skilled player would have no problem with 30 tyrants and 3 nemesis at once.

waves would be more fun and more of what dante's familiar with. you really seem to underestimate someone who can go to hell and take on a whole army by himself.

cutscene dante is completely invincible. i'd like to see the umbrella bows beat any of dmc's bosses.

Charlotte DeBel
Not completely, but it'll take more that that Umbrella army to put him down for good. I think he kills'em all...not easily, but he gets his desent portion of fun.

lightness
not really, killing beowulf chained is harder than killing 20 tyrants. and he was never really taken seriously, and probably one of the weaker demons.

1 tyrant is around the size of 1 of those reeper like demons from dmc3 without being able to teleport.

besides watch the dmc anime and you'll see how bored dante really gets with fighting small fry which are already superior to tyrants. including some devil leader who was really big(and i assume powerful since he had quite a few followers with 1 saying that he can't go against his power), dante pretty much took care of him in a few seconds.

i'm not sure if it's canon but since the manga's propably canon, there's areasonable chance that it is. either way he's facing a bunch of things that can be beaten by regular humans who don't have any powers. not even humans like lady but just humans with powers normal ppl with training have

Charlotte DeBel
I've watched the anime...by the way, nice idea was used there when he charges his bike with his demonic energy (in games he only does it to weapons).

And the only thing making it hard for Dante is a number of enemies...but they are so easy to take that he would be pretty bored after cleaning this.
And all that stuff has been beaten by normal humans with pretty much normal weapons...

SpadeKing
Originally posted by grey fox
I see there is a lot of arguing , so I'm going to address some things ok ?

My opening post describes location and weaponry/DT stipulations.

Styles : I'll allow Dante to 'pull' a DMC4 and switch between his main three styles (Trickster/Sword-master/Gunslinger) at will. No Royal Guard or Doppleganger however. Quicksilver can only be used 3 time during the entire fight lest spammage emerge stick out tongue

Virus : While I enjoy the thrilling arguments on both sides of this question, I'm making him immune. I'd rather Dante go down fighting then be over taken by some Upgraded flu-bug.

Waves ? : No , no 'waves of enemies' . They are located around the city at varying points and locales. However the Tyrants are in two five men (Monster ?) gangs , the Nemesi (?) are all separate.

Enemies : Proto Tyrant (Aka : Mister Snippy ) Is from RE:0 , Queen Leech is also from RE:0 (Although there IS one in RE:O#1 , I am referring to the Marcus-Leech Queen , not the subway dwelling one) , Nosferatu is from RE:CV.

A simple wiki check should provide info on all of them.

I thought quicksilver lasts for however long you choose to leave it on?

Charlotte DeBel
When Super Legendary Dark Knight costume is unlocked, then yes...normally it's limited by DT gauge, like Doppelganger.

Rascaduanok

Charlotte DeBel
That might be just my bad mood... you were denying Dante's feat shown in cutscene with Alastor coming through his heart. And those bullets were nothing to him...he didn't notice them and continued talking.

There were just some sayings"Dante can die in gameplay, and that means he has no regeneration ability (which was demonstrated in cutscenes and not once; gameplaywise some alternate costumes also increase your regeneration ability)"(even though expert player can take no damage in gameplay), "Dante is slow gameplaywise" and other shit.

Rascaduanok

Charlotte DeBel
I DON'T DISMISS GAMEPLAY. WHERE DID I WRITE IT? I'M FOR FAIR MIXING WITHOUT ANY DISMISSING!!!

And Dante lost his fight with Vergil DUE TO THE PLOT REQUIREMENTS (that was needed to "unlock Dante's devil legacy" and that's all). That was their first fight and he didn't go all out (Vergil was his brother) neither he expected Vergil attempting to kill him.

When Dante gets serious (in all other fights against his brother both as Vergil and as Nelo ANgelo), Vergil stands no chance. There was only one loss and it was due to plot devise.

Rascaduanok

Guilty Gear
faint

Charlotte DeBel
Wait...gameplay doesn't contradicts storyline, it shouldn't contradict it at all. The first fight with Vergil (even if you're the most expert player in the world) storylinevise shows that Dante was good enough to stand against his brother for THAT amouth of time- he lacked real motivation in the fight).
In the fight with Lady...well, in the opening scene he ALLOWS her to shot him in the head twice and continues speaking as if it's nothing. He doesn't even bother to dodge/Just Guard etc because there were NO harm to him caused by those bullets (and if he dodged, Lady wouldn't have got psychological effect she got). Rockets? He surfs on it....

It should be Gameplay+Cutscenes making the game storyline, not Gameplay vs Cutscenes or any stupid things like that...they are parts of the game . I've sren those videos of expert players and it was fine...I'm quite adept at playing with Royal Guard style myself and it's really great.

Guilty Gear

Rascaduanok

Guilty Gear

Superboy Prime
Charlotte is hot when discussing Dante. *Butterflies*

Guilty Gear
I never knew that this would come this far.

Superboy Prime
Shut the **** up or else supercroytprime

Guilty Gear
Edit: See off-topic thread 131

superbatman86
I DON'T DISMISS GAMEPLAY. WHERE DID I WRITE IT? I'M FOR FAIR MIXING WITHOUT ANY DISMISSING!!!

And Dante lost his fight with Vergil DUE TO THE PLOT REQUIREMENTS (that was needed to "unlock Dante's devil legacy" and that's all). That was their first fight and he didn't go all out (Vergil was his brother) neither he expected Vergil attempting to kill him.

When Dante gets serious (in all other fights against his brother both as Vergil and as Nelo ANgelo), Vergil stands no chance. There was only one loss and it was due to plot devise. No Dante lost because he wasn't thinking clearly and lost.In the second fight he wasn't blinded by pride and fought to a draw.In te last fight Vergil wasn't thinking clearly and lost.You forget that in the first Nelo fight it was Plot that saved Dante after he was beaten.In the six fights they have against each other they are both at 2-2-2.

lightness
i think that vergil lost because of becoming overconfident in his abilities with the forced edge, and probably doesn't know that it's not complete(sparda form). and jobber aura, since dante's the hero of the game. he had to lose in order for dmc1 to make sense.

dante probably lost to nero angelo the first time because of overestimating himself and not knowing what he's up against(similarily).

i guess there's always a 50% chance when they fight. the last dmc fight was more 6/10 in favor of vergil but dante came out since vergil overestimated himself and dante had stronger will and plot.

i dont really know how this has to do with the topic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.