So who were the additional characters that she killed? (SPOILERS!!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionlover2053
JK said in an interview awhile back that 2 more characters would die whom she had not originally intended, and one character gained a reprieve.

For those of us who have finished Book 7 (which was fantastic), I just thought it might be interesting to start a thread where we speculate on which two would have lived and who WOULD HAVE died.

SPOILERS...

I personally believe that Lupin and Fred Weasley were not originally going to die. As for who got a reprieve, I think Hagrid was supposed to die but she revised it so that he didn't.

Anyone else?...your guess is as good as mine.

The Phantom
The reprieve was Arthur Weasley.

chillmeistergen
The books had a massive hint of alternate ending to it, I believe in an alternate ending which the publishers wanted changed; Harry died.

lionlover2053
You sound pretty sure.

The Phantom
Originally posted by lionlover2053
You sound pretty sure. Which one you talking to?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
The books had a massive hint of alternate ending to it, I believe in an alternate ending which the publishers wanted changed; Harry died.
I don't believe the publishers wanted it changed, I don't think they have that sort of power, not with a series as popular as this.... But I agree that there may very well have been a change from it, made by JKR, for JKR.

chillmeistergen

lionlover2053
I was talking to you Phantom, about Arthur Weasley. You sounded sure.

As for an alternate ending in which Harry died, I disagree with whoever said that. I think JK has been planning a way out for Harry ever since book 4 when it says in the book that after Harry told Dumbledore about how Voldemort came back, that Dumbledore had a "gleam of triumph" in his eye.

The Phantom
I was talking to you Phantom, about Arthur Weasley. You sounded sure.

As for an alternate ending in which Harry died, I disagree with whoever said that. I think JK has been planning a way out for Harry ever since book 4 when it says in the book that after Harry told Dumbledore about how Voldemort came back, that Dumbledore had a "gleam of triumph" in his eye. I am. JKR said it in an interview.

lionlover2053
Do you have a link to that interview?...Either way what you're saying is believable, I was just saying that you sounded sure...so there must be something backing up your stance.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Whatever the reason, I think it's a bit of a shame. It could have been a very compelling tragedy, even if she just hadn't included the epilogue. I believe killing off Ron or Hermione would have been a good idea as well, rather Mercutio-esque. Well, it wouldn't really be a tragedy, as it wouldn't just be Harry dying, Voldemort would also... but I do think it may have been better for it. I'm sort of happy that id didn't happen though, leaves possibilities for another book.

The Phantom
Do you have a link to that interview?...Either way what you're saying is believable, I was just saying that you sounded sure...so there must be something backing up your stance. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19935372/

The link is also in the thread on the Encyclopedia thread.

chillmeistergen

TheVapor
compared to what she described she would include in the encyclopedia the epilogue seems pretty pale by comparrison.

as The Phantom said the reprieve was arthur weasley. The two that took his place were Lupin, and Tonks. a real shame as i perticularly like her. however her death would have been far more tragic if we actually knew how she died. all we see is what Harry see's: her lying on a table. however i just assumer that her, and her husband were killed by Fenrir Greyback.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by TheVapor
there isn't going to be another book except for a possible encyclopedia JK says she may work on. she spoke of revealing what happens to all of the charachters as well as the wizarding world as a whole. makes the epilogue look a little pale in comparison, eh?
She never said there wasn't going to be another book.... She just says she has no current plans to write one.

TheVapor

Soljer
i really do belive it should end though. lots of star wars fans want another trilogy, but many claim the story was about Anakin and so it's not befitting to do any more movies. Just the same, the story of the Harry Potter books has been the struggle between Harry and Voldemort. Voldemort is dead and gone forever, and continuing the story off of the epilogue would make the next book feel too much like a sequel. To tell you the truth, i just want this encyclopedia, and let it be at that. What i really would like, would be for JK to write another completely different series, or maybe just a stand-alone book.

She'll lucas out, and when her billion dollars starts to run dry, she'll release "The adventures of Albus Potter."

erm.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Soljer
She'll lucas out, and when her billion dollars starts to run dry, she'll release "The adventures of Albus Potter."

erm. Unlikely. Rowling doesn't have the whorish qualities of Lucas. I don't think she'd ever sell out.

I'd honestly like to know who the "fifty others" who died in the Battle of Hogwarts are

Soljer
Originally posted by Strangelove
Unlikely. Rowling doesn't have the whorish qualities of Lucas. I don't think she'd ever sell out.

I'd honestly like to know who the "fifty others" who died in the Battle of Hogwarts are

No one thought Lucas would, either. Till he did.

Lana
compared to what she described she would include in the encyclopedia the epilogue seems pretty pale by comparrison.

as The Phantom said the reprieve was arthur weasley. The two that took his place were Lupin, and Tonks. a real shame as i perticularly like her. however her death would have been far more tragic if we actually knew how she died. all we see is what Harry see's: her lying on a table. however i just assumer that her, and her husband were killed by Fenrir Greyback.

I want to know how those two died, too...I don't think they were killed by Greyback, though. That would have been mentioned as they'd've looked rather torn up if that were the case.

Barker
Doesn't mean she will.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Lana
I want to know how those two died, too...I don't think they were killed by Greyback, though. That would have been mentioned as they'd've looked rather torn up if that were the case. It's most likely that it was by the Killing Curse, because it was said that they were "peaceful looking".

Soljer
Originally posted by Barker
Doesn't mean she will.

Nor does it mean she won't, however...

TheVapor
The thing with Lucas is that he had not told the whole story. He probably stopped work on Star Wars after the original trilogy due to the fact he had many more ideas buzzing in his head that he wanted to get out. Later however, his interest was piqued by the retouching of the original trilogy . and so he went on to make the prequels.

thing is, JK is done telling her story. True, there is a new generation, but no villain has been mentioned, or indicated . as well the 2 trilogies encompassed the drama of Anakin's life, and as of now Harry Potter does not have drama.

also, both had a plan for their entire story , and as of the present they have used up that plan with only a few scraps left over that didn't make it.

Lucas was a little loopy with how and when he completed his plan. JK was straightforward, and is now, like he, finished.

so i see very little chance of a sell out

lionlover2053
Originally posted by The Phantom
The reprieve was Arthur Weasley.

Good call, thanks for the link.

Dresta
Originally posted by Lana
I want to know how those two died, too...I don't think they were killed by Greyback, though. That would have been mentioned as they'd've looked rather torn up if that were the case.
There's no way they were killed by Greyback, he didn't have the ability or skill to best either of them.

HPRules
R we talking about the 5th movie or the 7th book????

ndfreak
arthur weasley was spose to be killed in book 5 but got reprieved. instead tonks and lupin died.

ADarksideJedi
JK said in an interview awhile back that 2 more characters would die whom she had not originally intended, and one character gained a reprieve.

For those of us who have finished Book 7 (which was fantastic), I just thought it might be interesting to start a thread where we speculate on which two would have lived and who WOULD HAVE died.

SPOILERS...

I personally believe that Lupin and Fred Weasley were not originally going to die. As for who got a reprieve, I think Hagrid was supposed to die but she revised it so that he didn't.

She killed so many that it soon got alittle boring because of the deaths.I argee with you with Fred and Lupin not dieing and also tonks.It did not make sence for them to die to me and thought it was a last min suggustion to have them die.
But it did not surprise me at all.jm

Quinlan-Vos
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
She killed so many that it soon got alittle boring because of the deaths.I argee with you with Fred and Lupin not dieing and also tonks.It did not make sence for them to die to me and thought it was a last min suggustion to have them die.
But it did not surprise me at all.jm It makes perfect SENSE (for god's sake, spelling isn't that advanced) for people to die in the last, greatest battle of a war.
And I thought Lupin was a goner straight after the whole argument with Harry in Grimmauld... sad

Joy2dWorld
Dobby sad

The character that got a reprieve was..... Arthur Weasley!!

Rupert Grint is KING!

exanda kane

You're suggesting an author (not a medicore director) who previously rejected the first Warner Bros. deal on the principle that it would be too American, made Coca Cola give 18m to charity for a sponsorship deal and who insisted that all cast members (with the exception of the irish) had to be British would sell out?

Evidence is steeped against that fear.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by exanda kane
You're suggesting an author (not a medicore director) who previously rejected the first Warner Bros. deal on the principle that it would be too American, made Coca Cola give 18m to charity for a sponsorship deal and who insisted that all cast members (with the exception of the irish) had to be British would sell out?

I agree with you, however I must be devil's advocate and say that at the beginning, she said that she was not going to allow any sort of merchandising or movies, or anything like that because she wanted people to use their imaginations as to what everything looked like.

But I agree, (and fervently hope) that JK will not sell out and start writing more HP books just because we all want her to. In fact, I hope she stops right here. (Or maybe stops after the encyclopedia.) I'm sure she wants to move on to other things.

There's this great saying that I love - "A good author can start a story, but a great author knows when to end it." I think JK is a great author, and she'll realize that Harry Potter has, indeed, come to an end, and that she should have it stay that way, no matter how many petitions are started, how much pressure is put on her by publishers, or whatever. I have confidence she'll stick to her guns and just start writing about other things, now. At least, I really really hope she does.

Arianna
Harry didn't get a reprive because the epilouge was written before the fifth book!

The Phantom
Originally posted by Arianna
Harry didn't get a reprive because the epilouge was written before the fifth book! We answered who got what.

Originally posted by siriuswriter
I agree with you, however I must be devil's advocate and say that at the beginning, she said that she was not going to allow any sort of merchandising or movies, or anything like that because she wanted people to use their imaginations as to what everything looked like.

But I agree, (and fervently hope) that JK will not sell out and start writing more HP books just because we all want her to. In fact, I hope she stops right here. (Or maybe stops after the encyclopedia.) I'm sure she wants to move on to other things.

There's this great saying that I love - "A good author can start a story, but a great author knows when to end it." I think JK is a great author, and she'll realize that Harry Potter has, indeed, come to an end, and that she should have it stay that way, no matter how many petitions are started, how much pressure is put on her by publishers, or whatever. I have confidence she'll stick to her guns and just start writing about other things, now. At least, I really really hope she does. I just want to see Harry die. Need sort of closure on that.

darthsith19
I would have guessed the reprieve would have been Harry or Hagrid, not Mr. Weasley, I'd have been shocked if he'd have died. I figured that if he was going to die he'd have died in book 5 when the snake bit him.

Who died whop wasn't originally going to? Probably Lupin and Tonks, I guess, since how they died wasn't mentioned, just that they did die.

Soljer
Originally posted by exanda kane

I never said I believed she would.

I said it's a possibility. I said she may, and certainly could....

The Phantom
Originally posted by darthsith19
I would have guessed the reprieve would have been Harry or Hagrid, not Mr. Weasley, I'd have been shocked if he'd have died. I figured that if he was going to die he'd have died in book 5 when the snake bit him.

Who died whop wasn't originally going to? Probably Lupin and Tonks, I guess, since how they died wasn't mentioned, just that they did die. It was Tonks and Lupin.

exanda kane
I never said I believed she would.

I said it's a possibility. I said she may, and certainly could....

I never accused you of believing, nonetheless you did suggest it. Arguing that there is a very small possibility that she might is moot compared to the fact that evidence is stacked against it.

xEsaulx
I have four!

Larry, Moe, Curly, and Shemp no expression

jasonowens4200

SPOILERS...

It was lupin and tonks, lupin took the place of arthur weasley cause JKR said in her interview another father would die in his place what other father died besides lupin i know people have said this but just wanted to get the point across it was tonks and lupin that were not suppose to die

Charlotte DeBel
There were no solid"leftower" hints in the book about Arthur Weasey going to die...but there were some about Lucius Malfoy. I think that Lupin and Tonks died instead of Draco's father.

jasonowens4200
JKR said it in a interview that he was suppose to die in book 5 no she said arthur weasley got a reprieve and that another father would take his place which was 100% lupin said word for word in her interview

The Phantom
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
There were no solid"leftower" hints in the book about Arthur Weasey going to die...but there were some about Lucius Malfoy. I think that Lupin and Tonks died instead of Draco's father. Originally posted by jasonowens4200
JKR said it in a interview that he was suppose to die in book 5 no she said arthur weasley got a reprieve and that another father would take his place which was 100% lupin said word for word in her interview We've proven it. Why do we still debate it?

Dresta
thing is, JK is done telling her story. True, there is a new generation, but no villain has been mentioned, or indicated . as well the 2 trilogies encompassed the drama of Anakin's life, and as of now Harry Potter does not have drama.
Except there is so much in the Harry Potter world that hasn't been written about yet, and which could be written about. For example some tings i would be interested to read about are, Voldemorts first rise to power, Voldemorts life, Dumbledores life, and there's lots of other questions which have not yet been answered.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.