Cyclops VS Bishop

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

python99
Who takes it???

endrict
Cyke

JasonK4
bishop

python99
I wanna say Bishop but how much can he truly absorb?

guy222
Originally posted by python99
Who takes it???

scott wins

python99
Originally posted by guy222
scott wins

Why??

starlock
Bishop wins

Bishop can absorb enough to strike back at cyke....what will cyke do? Bishop has sidearms and usually a rifle,in a recent comic cyke gave bishop alot of his power so bishop could absorb it and channel it at a greater output,it was a long time cyke was feeding bishop and it left me with the impression that bishop will absorb the first attacks from cyke(if cyke actually goes for him..it would be smarter to hit the cieling or floor type of stuff)

But cyke is one crafty person..i think it will be close

[BAW]Endrict
How is Bishop going live when a building falls on him?

braz
Bishop takes this.

python99
Originally posted by Endrict
How is Bishop going live when a building falls on him?

I dont think he is going to be inside a building while cyke is outside

[BAW]Endrict
I dont think he is going to be inside a building while cyke is outside

He doesn't have to be inside for Scott to level a building on people.

braz
Is the fight in the city? Cuz if so, then Cyke might take this, but if otherwise since u didnt specify which I would assume its an arena match, Bishop wins.

[BAW]Endrict
Yah that's the thing, where does the fight take place?

rotiart
Originally posted by starlock
Bishop wins

Bishop can absorb enough to strike back at cyke....what will cyke do? Bishop has sidearms and usually a rifle,in a recent comic cyke gave bishop alot of his power so bishop could absorb it and channel it at a greater output,it was a long time cyke was feeding bishop and it left me with the impression that bishop will absorb the first attacks from cyke(if cyke actually goes for him..it would be smarter to hit the cieling or floor type of stuff)

But cyke is one crafty person..i think it will be close

in the recent comic where bishop absorbed cyclops blast... bishop said that he couldn't hold it anymore... that was from a single blast of cyclops... nothing was said about him blasting him for a long time. (when bishop when to work for civil war and was in charge of the sentinels)

i'd say cyke could pour it on enough to knock bishop out.

as far as hand to hand, cyke is okay, but i doubt hes as good as bishop

so with powers, cyke, without biship.

python99
5 CITY
5 ARENA

I think Cyke takes tiebreaker due to experience

braz
Well based on what rot just said, then yeah Cyclops wins.

HandOfFate

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Scott Summers

python99

norrinradd43
I think Scott takes this...he is underrated

norrinradd43

python99
Originally posted by norrinradd43
I think Scott takes this...he is underrated

He is

charlemagne9746
What can't Bishop absorb? Could he absorb power cosmic blasts from Silver Surfer?

norrinradd43
the power cosmic would leave bishop a skleton if he was lucky

peejayd

HandOfFate
Originally posted by peejayd
* and when is Cyclops "correctly" written? read Bishop's profile, he can be overloaded by energy-based attacks...

True...but by people who are a hell of a lot more powerful then Cyke.

Originally posted by peejayd *
eventhough Cyke was not correctly written, it is implied always that his optic blasts is immeasurable...

Who told you that? It's not immeasurable. IIRC, Cyclops has run out of energy before. Check his history. AAMOF, check the latest issue of WWH X-Men #2, to see how powerful his immeasurable blast where against the Hulk.

a fraction of that immeasurable power was manifested when he cracked Onslaught's armor

That was a cool feat but doesn't mean it was immeasurable energy.

and destroyed a Sentinel and the major part of the forest behind it...

No disrespect to Cyke's fan but that wasn't really a great feat to me. IMHO, compared to the power levels of other X-Men, it wasn't that impressive at all. Think about it, you have a woman who can control the energy of millions of star, a man who can make mental contact with 8 billion minds, a man who can fight the Silver Surfer and a woman who can hold the entire universe in her hand. Those feats are impressive, not somebody leveling a couple blocks of forest.

can Bishop absorb that? i really doubt it...

You need to check you Bishop info then.

Sabretooth
* and when is Cyclops "correctly" written? read Bishop's profile, he can be overloaded by energy-based attacks...

Bishop can handle anything Cyke throws his way. Find an example of Bishop being overloaded and I guarantee you it took more than little old Cyclops to take him down.

* eventhough Cyke was not correctly written, it is implied always that his optic blasts is immeasurable... a fraction of that immeasurable power was manifested when he cracked Onslaught's armor and destroyed a Sentinel and the major part of the forest behind it... can Bishop absorb that? i really doubt it...

Immeasurable? Tribunal and Beyonder have immeasurable power. Cyclops' blast couldn't even come close to the power those guys could generate. So let's drop this "immeasurable" crap right now.

I think it's funny that everybody bitches that guys like Wolverine and Sabretooth are overpowered and cries PIS at any of their impressive feats, but Cyclops blows away Onslaught and takes out half a state and everybody just accepts it and hugs his nuts. Cyclops is not a god. His power has limits just like everybody else. And don't bother quoting Wikipedia at me. You probably wrote Cyke's bio on there anyway.

The fight goes down like this:

Cyke's blasts don't work on Bishop. Cyclops is immune to his own power, so Bishop isn't hurting him by shooting back with his absorbed energy. Bishop has a gun. Cyke doesn't. Deciding to give everybody who payed money for a ticket a show, Bishop drops his gun and hands Cyke his ass in hand-to-hand. Done and done.

Drifter
Bishop takes the majority. Cyke can't hurt him directly with his powers. Hand-to-hand they're both good, but from what I've seen Bishop seems better and has the weight/reach advantage.

peejayd
Originally posted by HandOfFate

* he can, and he just did... in Civil War: X-men...

Who told you that? It's not immeasurable.

* i said it was "implied"...

IIRC, Cyclops has run out of energy before. Check his history.

* he did run out of energy, and it was bad writing... consider reading Cyclops' ability, he constantly and passively absorbs solar energy... the only reason for him to run out of energy is if he'll exhaust his powers in the night... right?

AAMOF, check the latest issue of WWH X-Men #2, to see how powerful his immeasurable blast where against the Hulk.

* sorry, that argument was kinda irrevelant because Bishop does not equal The Hulk... and furthermore, as i have heard, World War Hulk is currently the official strongest Marvel character, 'nuff said... have you read it? do you think it really was a full-powered blast? he was still wearing his visor, for goodness' sake...

* it was the implication...

No disrespect to Cyke's fan but that wasn't really a great feat to me. IMHO, compared to the power levels of other X-Men, it wasn't that impressive at all. Think about it, you have a woman who can control the energy of millions of star, a man who can make mental contact with 8 billion minds, a man who can fight the Silver Surfer and a woman who can hold the entire universe in her hand. Those feats are impressive, not somebody leveling a couple blocks of forest.

* it was a great feat from a mere street-leveler...

* i just did...

Originally posted by Sabretooth
Bishop can handle anything Cyke throws his way. Find an example of Bishop being overloaded and I guarantee you it took more than little old Cyclops to take him down.

* read Civil War:X-men... Cyclops just did that...

Immeasurable? Tribunal and Beyonder have immeasurable power. Cyclops' blast couldn't even come close to the power those guys could generate. So let's drop this "immeasurable" crap right now.

* i said, it was "implied"...

I think it's funny that everybody bitches that guys like Wolverine and Sabretooth are overpowered and cries PIS at any of their impressive feats,

* aren't they?

but Cyclops blows away Onslaught and takes out half a state and everybody just accepts it and hugs his nuts.

* that's because he can, not beyond his abilities...

Cyclops is not a god.

* of course... so as Wolverine and Sabretooth are not gods as well...

His power has limits just like everybody else.

* just read his ability, it would be an uber-long time before Cyke exhausts his powers...

And don't bother quoting Wikipedia at me.

* why? hate to face the facts?

You probably wrote Cyke's bio on there anyway.

* nope, i did not... still, the evidences lie therein, and you can read the comic yourself if you have the copy...

The fight goes down like this:

Cyke's blasts don't work on Bishop. Cyclops is immune to his own power, so Bishop isn't hurting him by shooting back with his absorbed energy. Bishop has a gun. Cyke doesn't. Deciding to give everybody who payed money for a ticket a show, Bishop drops his gun and hands Cyke his ass in hand-to-hand. Done and done.

* the readers are lucky you are not an X-men writer, or else you'd probably make Marvel bankrupt in a second...

* Cyclops is a master strategist and tactician, he is not as stupid as you want him to be... i heard someone posted, Cyclops is a freakin' surgeon with his optic blasts, which who he really is... if he cannot overload Bishop to defeat him, he'll obviously think of several other ways... remember, Cyclops is accurate and also has a spacial (or spatial) awareness ability... he can use his environment to his advantage, like blasting the ground or ceiling or wall to hit Bishop... there are plenty of options so long as he carefully distance himself from his opponent...

Cyclops overloads Bishop with little effort. Cyclops does not look fatigued at all, if he continued, he may have killed Bishop.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3796/scan0003ii9.th.jpg

rotiart

Who told you that? It's not immeasurable. IIRC, Cyclops has run out of energy before. Check his history. AAMOF, check the latest issue of WWH X-Men #2, to see how powerful his immeasurable blast where against the Hulk.

in the issue where cyclops "overloads" bishop... the sentinel says it's supposed to take up to 7 seconds of power from cyclops... it was a single blast... this was a cyclops with his "limits" removed by emma...

afaik cyclops blast slowed down the hulk, not saying anything about stopping, but lets look at the wwh... a hulk that put down juggernaut in under a minute, ... a hulk that took out black bolt, or hulkbuster iron man... or even the combiend ff4 .. it actually slowed him down... what other things on panel so far how shown they could do that...

so.. yah... saying cyclops is couldn't stop the hulk... is not saying much.. noones stopped hulk yet so far...

rotiart

in the issue where cyclops "overloads" bishop... the sentinel says it's supposed to take up to 7 seconds of power from cyclops... it was a single blast... this was a cyclops with his "limits" removed by emma...

afaik cyclops blast slowed down the hulk, not saying anything about stopping, but lets look at the wwh... a hulk that put down juggernaut in under a minute, ... a hulk that took out black bolt, or hulkbuster iron man... or even the combiend ff4 .. it actually slowed him down... what other things on panel so far how shown they could do that...

so.. yah... saying cyclops is couldn't stop the hulk... is not saying much.. noones stopped hulk yet so far...

HandOfFate
Originally posted by #1110
Cyclops overloads Bishop with little effort. Cyclops does not look fatigued at all, if he continued, he may have killed Bishop.

May have killed Bishop. confused

Again, we have no idea what power level Bishop was already at during that encounter.

What's stopping Bishop from absorbing and redirecting the energy?

Originally posted by rotiart

smile
Storm knocked him to another buildind with her winds

Grinning Goku

peejayd
May have killed Bishop. confused

* yes, if Cyclops continued, he may have killed Bishop... Beast says Cyclops is hurting Bishop, what more if he continued?

* another thing, we all know Cyke's power is energy-based but it is still pure heatless concussive force... correct me if i'm wrong but a direct blast from Cyclops should blow Bishop very far away... Bishop sure can absorb energy, but can he withstand the force of the blast?

Again, we have no idea what power level Bishop was already at during that encounter.

* same as Cyclops... we have no idea what power level Cyclops was in that encounter... however, from mr.rotiart: this was a cyclops with his "limits" removed by emma...

What's stopping Bishop from absorbing and redirecting the energy?

* i don't know, but from the scan, it seems like Bishop was just trying to contain the energy Cyclops emits... Bishops NEEDS to redirect the energy, or else what? Cyclops will overload him...

smile
Storm knocked him to another buildind with her winds

* this argument is irrelevant... just imagine a charging Hulk against the concussive force blast of Cyclops -> it is force against another force... then look at a charging Hulk against a powerful wind from Storm -> the wind did not oppose Hulk's force, but blew him away because of Hulk's weight and Earth's gravity... there's no parallelism... wink

HandOfFate

BlueDMighty
Bishop 4 the majority

Originally posted by #1110

In this scan, Cyke was being mind controlled to kill Bishop. That was a full power, sustained blast that He gave Bishop.

Bishop, then, releases the absorbed energy into the sky, but not before the blast took off an Omega Sentinal arm.

Bishop intensifies the energy he absorbs, sending it back as cuncussive force (his own energy) that is 10x's stronger than the initial force that gave him the charge.

Energy absorbtion also augments his strength and durabitlity

If he would have turned that energy on the X-men instead of shooting it up,

we would'nt be having this disscussion right now. wink

BlueDMighty

HandOfFate
I think he also absorbed temperal energy when the X-Men fought Legion.

Creshosk
These mutli-title crossovers are usually pis tacular that ignore what was previously established. Like in the Onslaught saga, there's that whole thing with Juggernaut that Newjak posted sometime back. Clearly history was ignored for the sake of the plot.

I imagine to make the sentinals look more impressive they had to boost the amount of energy that would take them out.

And there's no telling how much can be absorbed if Bishop was constantly letting off what cyclops was feeding him. Part of what hurt's Bishop is him holding in the vasts amount of energy he absorbs.

Bishop could just bleed off all of cykes attacks neutrilizing the power either way you want to argue it.

PITT_HAPPENS
Bishop 8/10

rougeredmage
welll from there last fight which was in civil war xmen issue number 3 or 4 i would say that the battle would be an advantage to cyke. am i right in thinking that he had trouble containing the power i seem to remember that he spontaiouslty released some energy which damanged one of the one sentinels? is this proof that bishop cant take it> then again both men did survive the incident

Rewmac
Bishop can rechannel Cycke's energy blast nevermind what he does and he can just throw it back at him...

peejayd

xmarksthespot
Bishop can emit microwaves to melt things. Ergo he wins.

Rewmac
And also even if Cycke is able to overload him I doubt that he'd could do it with one blast, and Cycke doesn't have superhuman durability so if Bishop just shoots back Scott is done for.

peejayd
* correct me if i'm wrong, as far as i know, Cyke is immuned to his own powers, has the ability to absorb solar energy... and he once endured Storm's lightning to absorb energy and emitted white optic blasts...

* in one-on-one fight, if Cyke cannot defeat Bishop by overloading him, he can think of many options to pin him down... Bishop may be a skilled marksman but Cyclops is for more accurate: he can hit anything he sees, plus the spacial (spatial) awareness ability... Bishop may be an excellent hand-to-hand fighter but Cyclops is a master strategist and tactician...

python99
This thread went well, is that it?

Space M ummy
* correct me if i'm wrong, as far as i know, Cyke is immuned to his own powers, has the ability to absorb solar energy... and he once endured Storm's lightning to absorb energy and emitted white optic blasts...

* in one-on-one fight, if Cyke cannot defeat Bishop by overloading him, he can think of many options to pin him down... Bishop may be a skilled marksman but Cyclops is for more accurate: he can hit anything he sees, plus the spacial (spatial) awareness ability... Bishop may be an excellent hand-to-hand fighter but Cyclops is a master strategist and tactician...

I know I'm late to the thread, but a couple notes:

The Civil War fight between Scott and Bishop was borderline PIS.

As someone else pointed out before, Bishop absorbed power from Cyclops, Havok, JEAN (??), Polaris, Storm, and Jubilee Simultaneously, and this is AFTER he had absorbed enough power from an EXTREMELY Amped Magneto to send him flying through the walls of the xmansion and into a building.

There is NO way in hell that Civil War Cyclops > Cyclops, Havok, Storm, Amped Magneto, Jean, Jubilee, and Polaris.

You COULD say that "oh, this only happened once." Wrong. Bishop ALSO was the one who absorbed the blast from onslaught that would have killed both X teams, leading to his dystopian future. It's the whole freaking point of Bishop in the first place. The Xmen are only still alive because he was strong enough to stop a blast from Onslaught.

If you think Civil War Scott can kill Bishop in one shot when ONSLAUGHT couldn't, you should just quit KMC right now.

Third, Bishop had or has files and extensive data on all the xmen from his time in the future. He demonstrated this when he owned Wolverine in about 3 moves. I no longer own the issue, but his statement was something to the effect of "I know every move you can possibly make."

If he could beat down Wolverine that easily, things do NOT look good for Scott. Remember, Bishop was XSE and hunted mutants for a living.

Bishop takes this one for the majority.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Space M ummy

Third, Bishop had or has files and extensive data on all the xmen from his time in the future. He demonstrated this when he owned Wolverine in about 3 moves. I no longer own the issue, but his statement was something to the effect of "I know every move you can possibly make."

If he could beat down Wolverine that easily, things do NOT look good for Scott. Remember, Bishop was XSE and hunted mutants for a living.

Bishop takes this one for the majority.

you may want to re read that issue.

Bishop did not own any thing. Bishop was going all out in a sparing match vs wolverine who was simply sparing.

JasonK4
Originally posted by Battlehammer

Bishop did not own any thing. Bishop was going all out in a sparing match vs wolverine who was simply sparing.
Would you happen to have scans of that, Capt?

DestinyGuy678
it'd be a tie every time I thikn, in civil wa r they went all out on each other, cyclops used his heat vision at full power and bishop tryed to absorb it, the mass amount of energy pooring out of cyclops almost kiled him and bishop because bishop was over loading too

Battlehammer
Originally posted by JasonK4
Would you happen to have scans of that, Capt?
no sadly I do not.

JasonK4
no sadly I do not.
That's cool.

About as powerful as Black-Bolts scream .... rolling on floor laughing

Aries_04

But Bishop is real durable too. Got knocked through a building by Cannonball and still survived. And marvel says that they have never revealed the upper limits of what he can absorb. He's supposed to be able to absorb the full affects of a small star.

SuperiorTech

python99
Originally posted by Aries_04
But Bishop is real durable too. Got knocked through a building by Cannonball and still survived. And marvel says that they have never revealed the upper limits of what he can absorb. He's supposed to be able to absorb the full affects of a small star.

Small star? He should be able to give the Surfer a fight then. well at least I think so confused

Acrosurge
Small star? He should be able to give the Surfer a fight then. well at least I think so confused I don't know. There isn't much to prevent the Surfer from removing Bishop's mutant powers as he did with Uber-Cable. *shrugs*

srankmissingnin

Bishop got beat up by Wolverine's ex-wife before. He couldn't even take Viper in h2h, he is a mook. big grin

Estacado
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Bishop got beat up by Wolverine's ex-wife before. He couldn't even take Viper in h2h, he is a mook. big grin
crylaughcrylaughcrylaughcrylaugh

python99
This battle is going to be simply H2H, which could still go either way, durabilte, spedd, reflexes

llagrok
There is a limit to how much Bishop can absorb.

python99
Originally posted by llagrok
There is a limit to how much Bishop can absorb.

exactly thats why it might just come down to other abilities

Superherovandal
I thought that Scott is immune to his own blast. So even if Bishop absorbed it it would do him no good.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by rotiart
in the recent comic where bishop absorbed cyclops blast... bishop said that he couldn't hold it anymore... that was from a single blast of cyclops... nothing was said about him blasting him for a long time. (when bishop when to work for civil war and was in charge of the sentinels)

i'd say cyke could pour it on enough to knock bishop out.

as far as hand to hand, cyke is okay, but i doubt hes as good as bishop

so with powers, cyke, without biship. that was cyclops with his unlocked potential, he couldnt do that by himself, and the beam bisop had stroed would've probably blown cyclops out

python99
Originally posted by Superherovandal
I thought that Scott is immune to his own blast. So even if Bishop absorbed it it would do him no good.

Doesnt Bishop release a different form of energy after absorbtion??? confused

llagrok
Doesnt Bishop release a different form of energy after absorbtion??? confused

He does.

Bishop absorbs and converts.

python99
Originally posted by llagrok
He does.

Bishop absorbs and converts.

So the blast would hurt Cyke

Mindset
So the blast would hurt Cyke

Yes.

redhotrash
Bishop was meant to beat guys like Cyclops. All this speculation on him being overloaded is assuming either Cyke can do it instantly, which he cant, or that Bishop would sit there and try to hold it all in for a length of time, which he wouldnt.
And yes, Bishop does convert the energy, so Scott isnt going to be immune.
Cyclops doesnt even have the option of not using his power, as Bishop would destroy him with his guns or just snap his neck in a fight.
Bishop wins 8/10 at least. 10/10 if its the 90's Bishop with the mullet and bandanna.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.