The "King's Cross" Vision Speculations [Warning - SPOILERS]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkC
I don't believe there is a thread dedicated to discussing this particular scene that interests me, so I decided to make it.

There are several very interesting things that happen in this vision of Harry's, the first of which is the squirming, wailing, pitiful thing stuffed underneath a chair.
Harry brings it up several times and every time, Dumbledore dismissively insists that they cannot help it. It also seems very random and non-related to the scene itself.

Any speculations or hints as to what this creature might mean, symbolically or literally?

I think it might be Dumbledore's daughter or something representing that. Honestly I have no clue.

The Phantom
Originally posted by DarkC
I don't believe there is a thread dedicated to discussing this particular scene that interests me, so I decided to make it.

There are several very interesting things that happen in this vision of Harry's, the first of which is the squirming, wailing, pitiful thing stuffed underneath a chair.
Harry brings it up several times and every time, Dumbledore dismissively insists that they cannot help it. It also seems very random and non-related to the scene itself.

Any speculations or hints as to what this creature might mean, symbolically or literally?

I think it might be Dumbledore's daughter or something representing that. Honestly I have no clue. The part of Voldemort's soul that was in Harry.

SeanTerry727
Originally posted by The Phantom
The part of Voldemort's soul that was in Harry.

I believe it was that !! or Tonks's Son( Doubt it though))

The Phantom
Originally posted by SeanTerry727
I believe it was that !! or Tonks's Son( Doubt it though)) No way Tonk's son. Why would it be her son?

Soljer
It was the bit of Voldemort's soul that resided within Harry.

....I thought it was damn near crystal from the reading...erm.

DarkC
The part of Voldemort's soul that was in Harry.
Hmmm, I thought it would have been already dead instead of wailing piteously. Very good guess though.

And why King's Cross, out of all places?

sith_darth_jay

xEsaulx
Originally posted by Soljer

I gotta agree

Syren
Think outside the box, D wink

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by DarkC

I think it might be Dumbledore's daughter or something representing that. Honestly I have no clue.

I found this chapter very confusing.So the only thing I told myself was that harry was in middle of taking a train to Heaven and was waiting.It was his choice.
I am glad he picked to go back to his friends.It would be interesting however if he had just left to stay with Dumbore.Wish they exclaim that part a lot better but I guess we may never know.jm confused

Quinlan-Vos
The thing is, Harry would never have gone with Dumbledore. They could promise him anything, and he'd never abandon his friends... he'd finally accepted he had to finish Riddle. Only he could do it, at any cost.

exanda kane
I thought King's Cross was a great chapter. I'm gonna whack the next person who denies the implicit Christian meaning in Harry Potter after ol' Harry pulls an "Aslan" on us.

jasonowens4200

i didnt know dumbledore had a daughter

And why King's Cross, out of all places?

like a crossroad which train to take back to reality or to heaven

and i thought it was pretty clear that it was part of voldemorts sould that lived in harry

willRules
It was the Horcrux inside Harry. The part of Voldemort's soul that had stuck onto Mr Harry Potter. Voldemort was so obsessed with not facing death, he hadn't considered the implications of his wellbeing in the after life. He was soo stuck on staying alive that he didn't consider what he might be like when he died. He was soooo concerned about power in life, the ultimate irony for him was that after death, he was extremely powerless. By comparison, Harry and Dumbledore who had both realised death wasn't such a bad thing, were perfectly fine when they had faced down the grim reaper. Voldemort looked rather ugly and weak.

The Phantom
Originally posted by exanda kane
I thought King's Cross was a great chapter. I'm gonna whack the next person who denies the implicit Christian meaning in Harry Potter after ol' Harry pulls an "Aslan" on us. But Harry didn't really die... The part of Voldemort in him took the blow.

willRules
But Harry didn't really die... The part of Voldemort in him took the blow.

Depends on how you interpret his surroundings. If you interpret King's Cross as not merely a train station but some limbo or afterlife like setting then technically Harry did die yes

chillmeistergen
I think the reason the scene took place in Kings Cross station is because it's where Harry felt most safe. It symbolises everything to him that is the wizarding world, it was one o the first places he saw other wizards, his fellow pupils and where he first met the Weasleys, his practically adopted family.

exanda kane

You're just refusing to belief the absurd truth aren't ya? wink

Harry met death on his own terms. He sacrificed himself for the sake of everyone else, ended up in his own little purgatory and subsequently returns to life. Sounds a bit like a resurrection to me.

DarkC
Yes, but that part of Voldemort was essentially a part of Harry.

If it died, a fraction of Harry would have as well. So technically he still did die.

jasonowens4200
well harry said i got to go back havent i? and DD said its up to you, you have a choice and DD said that were in kings cross you say? I think if you decide not to go back, you would be able to ... lets say... board a train which harry replies where would it take me? and DD says ON ..... so to me that seems he is half dead half alive and can choose what he wants to do I agree with DarkC part of him did die hinse he has a choice

Arianna
Originally posted by Soljer

goddess_susu
When in starts saying Harry was in a all white room that seemed endless, in reminded me of Jack Sparrow for some reason, lol. So I related it to that, when Jack was stuck in nothingness

Arianna
I immediatley got kings cross, but cleaner, lighter and emptier. But that could have been because of the chapter title...

Sam Z
The "child" on the floor wasn't a part of Voldemort's soul. It was his afterlife. After he hit Harry with Avada Kedavra he almost got killed as well, so this child is what Voldemort going to become after he dies.

Miss S Malfoy
OMG WE ARE ALL GOING TO GO INSANE FROM THIS!!LOL
No,probably not but It could be the whole "piece of Voldemort's soul" thing I didn't think of that , most likely because I didn't read the firt 4 books.

I'm still a huge fan but I love the last 3 so much I read them over and over and over again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.