Advice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MAST3er
Im new to sig making, an I have looked at turtorials but im still stuck. I am using gimp. Can anyone help me?

MAST3er
Here are some of first sigs, what am I doing wrong?

MAST3er
Here is my last one.

Barker
You're throwing crappy text onto a distorted, low quality picture.

It's not a sig, it's a disgrace. No offense.

http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/forum/GIMP-Tutorials-and-Tips-8-1.html

Check out some of those if you haven't already, or maybe Digi will help you out a little. He's the resident Gimp gaffer. (In more ways than one, Ooooooh.)

And there's a nice thread called "Sig advice" stickied to the top of the forum, there was no need to make this thread.

And because I can't do a post without a smilie, 13.

DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f76/t388403.html

This thread (also pinned) has links to tutorials for various programs, gimp included. The one Barker mentioned is more for peer-advice.

As for being the gimp guru, I've actually been using PS for close to a year now...before that, I had taken gimp farther than most ever do though, so if you have specific questions feel free to PM me. In general though, you just need to read a bunch of tutorials, practice with random functions of the program, and look at good sigmakers on this site for inspiration and guidance.

Barker
Originally posted by DigiMark007
As for being the gimp guru, I've actually been using PS for close to a year now.
ermmnone

Where have I been?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Barker
ermmnone

Where have I been?

Baka's basement?

srug

Barker
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Baka's basement?

srug
Probably.

Could have sworn you were still using it though. haermm

Lana
Please check the stickied threads before making a new one...there's the resource thread, which has links to tutorials, the help/tutorials thread, and the advice thread.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.