Deathly Hallows Epilogue (Spoilers, obviously)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zombieman
I absolutely loved the 19 years later part, it was so emotive and felt like a really natural ending to the series. However, I have only one question that will be forever unanswered - What did Harry, Ron and Hermionie do for careers? I think it was a bit unfair of JK not to put this in, especially since she informed us that Neville became a Professor.

~LunaLoveG~
it was a nice ending. it was a tad bit cheesy and simple but after so much death and destruction it is about time they get happiness

Soljer
Originally posted by zombieman
I absolutely loved the 19 years later part, it was so emotive and felt like a really natural ending to the series. However, I have only one question that will be forever unanswered - What did Harry, Ron and Hermionie do for careers? I think it was a bit unfair of JK not to put this in, especially since she informed us that Neville became a Professor.

She exposed on an NBC 'TODAY' interview what they did. However, I can't recall exactly what she said. Try to find the interview on youtube, or a transcript, or something of that sort.

She'll also go into much more detail concerning...well...everything with her 'encyclopedia.'

§P0oONY
I disliked the 19 years later bit, it was corny and far too short.

IcyMag3
Point that it was corny and short made me like it. It's finally time for a happy every after.

Joy2dWorld
Harry and Ron became AURORs!!

Rupert Grint is KING!

Lana

ndfreak
ran and harry are aurors( harry's the head auror). Hermione's high up in magical law enforcement. Luna's a naturalist, living and exploring in the wild. Hogwarts has a new headmaster and new DADA teacher. More will be told on the characters in her encyclopedia.

Barker
Originally posted by ndfreak
Luna's a naturalist.
Somehow, I'm not too sure about that.

Barker

The Phantom

Arianna
Luna a nudist? Icky! blink

Who complained about it being short? Well I think that was because it was writen before the 5th book so she didn't want to tie herself to too much. The only part I thought were cheesy (like feet) were their childrens names... *sigh* when will people learn to give they're children their own name but not a weird name like... grass! *sigh* *sigh* *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

The Phantom
Originally posted by Arianna

Who complained about it being short? Well I think that was because it was writen before the 5th book so she didn't want to tie herself to too much. The only part I thought were cheesy (like feet) were their childrens names... *sigh* when will people learn to give they're children their own name but not a weird name like... grass! *sigh* *sigh* *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* She rewrite it when writing book 7...

exanda kane
Originally posted by Barker

Naturalist equals Nudist, right? ermmnone

Is that not a Naturist?

Lana

Who complained about it being short? Well I think that was because it was writen before the 5th book so she didn't want to tie herself to too much. The only part I thought were cheesy (like feet) were their childrens names... *sigh* when will people learn to give they're children their own name but not a weird name like... grass! *sigh* *sigh* *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

I would ask how someone being a nudist is icky, but then I saw your age...

And the entire thing is cheesy. And considering that the wizarding world tends to use a lot of strange names anyway (take a look at the Black family for examples of this), they're not THAT strange.

§P0oONY

Haha, you make it sound as if she was forced to make up and end and stick to it, she herself admits she tweaked the end, she could have made the epilogue at least the same sort of lengths as her chapters. I just hope the film makes it longer using bits from the encyclopedia JKR has been talking about.

The whole thing was just too happy and insignificant after it being such a dark book in the series.

And Luna being a nudist fits her character perfectly.

But these are all just my opinions, naturally.

goddess_susu
Originally posted by ~LunaLoveG~
it was a nice ending. it was a tad bit cheesy and simple but after so much death and destruction it is about time they get happiness

I think the simplisity of it all is what made it a perfect ending for the book. It's what Harry always wanted to be...

I LOVE YOU SIGNATURE BY THE WAY

Phat J
yeah i wasnt too into the epilogue either, it was too cheesy and out of place in such a dark book for me. they completely tricked me on him dying though, i was so pissed off. that was good.

smrtss19
I thought it was a bit corny when she wrote about Harry and the kids, bu t Ron's part was hilarious!

Syren
Naturalist - A person interested in natural history is known as a naturalist or natural historian.

Naturist - The terms naturism, nudism and social nudity are generally defined as the practice of going nude, especially in a mixed social setting. The terms naturism and nudism generally also mean that the activities are done in non-sexualized, family-friendly contexts. The usage and definition of these terms varies geographically and historically. Those who practice naturism are called naturists, those who practice nudism are called nudists.

big grin

potterz honey
The epilogue was so different from the rest of the book. I expected it to be more exciting, it was a bit common after all the characters had been through

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.