Cloud Strife vs Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Terror of Death
Cloud Strife vs Link and they are both at their best.

Violent2Dope
I'm positive this has been done before

Superboy Prime
...At his best Link wishes Cloud out of existence with the Tri-Force.

Hmm...

In a swordfight I give Cloud the respect he deserves. However Link's shield is very very useful.

Violent2Dope
If Link has his Medieval Batman gadgets he wins, swordfight he loses.

Terror of Death
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
I'm positive this has been done before

Nothing comes up win I use the search button.

Guilty Gear
In a straight sword fight without items Cloud would surely win.

You should've used the advanced search options dude. This has been done like...8 times lol

Terror of Death
I didnt know there was an advanced. Thanks.

Guilty Gear
You're welcome.

Infinity
this is a joke xD cloud gets his a$$ handed to him

---

helll noooo r u kidding me?

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by Infinity
this is a joke xD cloud gets his a$$ handed to him

---

helll noooo r u kidding me? Sup wave I haven't seen you post here in a loooooooong time.

Infinity
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
Sup wave I haven't seen you post here in a loooooooong time.

XDDDD just came back like, yesterday smile so ya I will start posting on here again ^_^

Guilty Gear
Great XD

Infinity
XDDDDDDD

Guilty Gear

Infinity
big grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Surio
This is probably because I'm a hardcore Zelda fan more than a Final Fantasy fan, but, Link would win. If link had the hidden skills from Twilight princess, then he'd win. Or if he had his items. If not, then, yeah, Cloud kicks his ass.

Infinity
lol surio is such a noob. <333 this isnt even a fair fight. wtf is link gna do throw some rocks with his slingshot? get his fairy friend nayru to kill cloud? lol did u see cloud pawn sephiroth? cloud is the best fighter there is. btw i think this has been done atleast 1000 times. kthxbye

Guilty Gear
LOL

Infinity
smile so cloud wins ??

Surio
lol surio is such a noob. <333 this isnt even a fair fight. wtf is link gna do throw some rocks with his slingshot? get his fairy friend nayru to kill cloud? lol did u see cloud pawn sephiroth? cloud is the best fighter there is. btw i think this has been done atleast 1000 times. kthxbye
ROFL. That made me laugh, I'll give you that. :P
I did see Cloud fight sephiroth in Advent Children and they made him unbelievably strong, you can not use a sword that big and be THAT fast.
Also, you ignore all link's other items and magic. The bow, bombs, hookshot and a bunch of others, the slingshot is what people bring up as a saving grace to say that Link's weak when they ignore all the other weapons. If link used Nayru's Love, it's over.

Superboy Prime
Link is a beast with all his items. Cloud's the greater swordsman IMO. Link's shield can be very difficult for Cloud to manage.

Like I said earlier...at his best Link wishes Cloud out of existence with the Tri-Force.

Surio
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Link is a beast with all his items. Cloud's the greater swordsman IMO. Link's shield can be very difficult for Cloud to manage.

Like I said earlier...at his best Link wishes Cloud out of existence with the Tri-Force.
True, but I'd leave the Tri-Force out of this argument because, well, it's the cheapest thing ever.

Infinity
hm my turn...

Originally posted by Surio
ROFL. That made me laugh, I'll give you that. :P
I did see Cloud fight sephiroth in Advent Children and they made him unbelievably strong, you can not use a sword that big and be THAT fast.
Also, you ignore all link's other items and magic. The bow, bombs, hookshot and a bunch of others, the slingshot is what people bring up as a saving grace to say that Link's weak when they ignore all the other weapons. If link used Nayru's Love, it's over.

k first off. Link with a sword is like a little boy with a wooden stick. Cloud is very powerful and that sword of his is GG. Dunno how he can wield it but he finds a way to do it. Link's other items?? ever heard of materia?? fight would be too cheap Knight of the round=oKo for poor little fairy boy. I'm sorry mate, u bring in link's weapons I bring in cloud's and the fight is totally unfair. Link's shield would break on impact with cloud's fenrir (buster sword) . Link does not stand a chance vs. cloud. smile

Superboy Prime
I know. durlaugh

BTW Cloud's sword won't be breaking Link's shield. And materia vs item/magic can be a very annoying debate, so I'll leave that to you guys.

Surio
hm my turn...

k first off. Link with a sword is like a little boy with a wooden stick. Cloud is very powerful and that sword of his is GG. Dunno how he can wield it but he finds a way to do it. Link's other items?? ever heard of materia?? fight would be too cheap Knight of the round=oKo for poor little fairy boy. I'm sorry mate, u bring in link's weapons I bring in cloud's and the fight is totally unfair. Link's shield would break on impact with cloud's fenrir (buster sword) . Link does not stand a chance vs. cloud. smile
You forget that Link has Nayru's love, which can block pretty much All of that. smile

Infinity
You forget that Link has Nayru's love, which can block pretty much All of that. smile

protega?dispel? heard of that young fair boy supporter ?

Surio
protega?dispel? heard of that young fair boy supporter ?

I'm quite sure that Protega doesn't block you from ALL damage, and Dispel only works on Materia messed

Infinity
I'm quite sure that Protega doesn't block you from ALL damage, and Dispel only works on Materia messed

- yes it does

- no it works on materia and on "self-buffs"

Guilty Gear
God...if all of Cloud's materia and Link's items are included...this will be a never-ending discussion, trust me. It is best to let Cloud use just his First Tsurugi (like in Advent Children) and Link use the Master Sword and shield (like in Soul Calibur 2) m'kay?

Superboy Prime
^ The guy above me is stupi....I mean correct. thumbsupdur

Infinity
or well, they can keep materia and fairy spells and keep on going all day until the little forest boy/farmer gets tired.

Surio
In that case, it would be a sword match? That's pretty equal. Maybe Cloud a little more, though.

EDIT: and cloud can get tired too?

Infinity
I'm pretty sure a SOLDIER has more endurance then a fairy boy who's like 15years old

Superboy Prime
It's a fact Cloud can get tired.

Guilty Gear
It would be cool...Cloud can utilize his First Tsurugi to fight in dual mode and Link can use his Sword AND shield to fight. I think he has offenive attacks with his sheild in SCII, like Cassandra.

Cloud wins 6.5/10, in my opinion.

Infinity
cloud will get tired but not as fast as a 15 year old with no previous known training, cloud was was in the army, he is prepared for rough, long fights.

Superboy Prime
It is more likely for the guy that swings huge swords around to get tired before the guy that simply sits back and defends himself with the shield gets tired.

Infinity
It is more likely for the guy that swings huge swords around to get tired before the guy that simply sits back and defends himself with the shield gets tired.

that word LIKELY , dude its cloud strife we're talking about . didn't u see advent children?

Guilty Gear
It is more likely for the guy that swings huge swords around to get tired before the guy that simply sits back and defends himself with the shield gets tired. Incorrect. Infinity, err I mean...you, are right.

ermm

Superboy Prime
that word LIKELY , dude its cloud strife we're talking about . didn't u see advent children?

I saw it.

He still got tired in AC.

I am just making a point that it is not an established fact that Link will tire before Cloud.

Infinity
hm still. kind of weird for a little boy to beat a full grown, bred to kill, warrior.

Superboy Prime
Cloud wasn't bred to kill. I don't know if you remember this...but he actually failed to become a SOLDIER.

However he is still better than them.

Guilty Gear
Cloud 1000/10

Infinity
so cloud winzzz yay SURIO get back in here and give me another reason why fairy boy would win smile

Violent2Dope
Fairy boy is not as weak as you make him out to be. In a straight swordfight Cloud would win, anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong, but if both had all their items Link would win. It's true that dispel would bring down Nayru's Love, but when it does Link could just use it again.big grin As for who would get tired first, Cloud would obviously, as Link would be expending little energy playing the defensive game whereas Cloud would likely be on offense. Also, Light Arrows are extremely fast and would be hard for Cloud to block/dodge.

Infinity
Also, Light Arrows are extremely fast and would be hard for Cloud to block/dodge.

of course. faster then bullets? didn't u see cloud pwning in AC?

Violent2Dope
of course. faster then bullets? didn't u see cloud pwning in AC? I don't know how fast they are, but what I do know is that they are also comprised of intensified pure light, and if Cloud blocked one he would be temporarily blinded.

Infinity
I don't know how fast they are, but what I do know is that they are also comprised of intensified pure light, and if Cloud blocked one he would be temporarily blinded.

wut r u talking about??

cloud was blocking all the bullets.

anyways just by looking at ur sig i can tell ur a little fairy boy fan smile

sometimes u just gotta look at things in a realistic way.

cheers

Superboy Prime
About the arrows...Cloud's bound to dodge them with relative ease. However if Link is smart(and he ****ing is) and actually aims at something close to Cloud he can stun him with the light.

So it works both ways.

V2D is actually reasonable. And his fanboyism is strictly Ganon and he hates Link with a passion. So yeah...anyway.

By the way if you want to look at it realistically Cloud won't even swing that huge sword with 1/7 of the speed he does in AC which means he is completely ****ed.

Infinity
its final - fantasy - cloud is teh sht

Guilty Gear
so cloud winzzz yay SURIO get back in here and give me another reason why fairy boy would win smile LMAO big grin

That was funny.
By the way if you want to look at it realistically Cloud won't even swing that huge sword with 1/7 of the speed he does in AC which means he is completely ****ed. confused

Superboy Prime
I'm the Jugdurnaut *****! jugdurnaut

Guilty Gear
I'm the Jugdurnaut *****! jugdurnaut OMG! big grin

Where's you get this from?

Superboy Prime
It's a secret...I'd have to kill you if I told you.

durhmm

Guilty Gear
See off-topic thread for response 131

Infinity
big grin

Guilty Gear
group

Violent2Dope
wut r u talking about??

cloud was blocking all the bullets.

anyways just by looking at ur sig i can tell ur a little fairy boy fan smile

sometimes u just gotta look at things in a realistic way.

cheers ...You did read my post right? I said I didn't know how fast they were, and that Cloud would block them, but by blocking them would be blinded by the intense light that expands on contact. AND HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A LINK FAN!?

Guilty Gear
group

Infinity
...You did read my post right? I said I didn't know how fast they were, and that Cloud would block them, but by blocking them would be blinded by the intense light that expands on contact. AND HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A LINK FAN!?

ughh sorry ? but i dont understand by being blinded by the light messed

Guilty Gear
He can just close his eyes...besides, he went straight through Bahamut's megaflare despite Aerith helping him out somewhat, without being blinded, but either way he wasn't blinded by the flare, and it was very bright.

Superboy Prime
And closing this eyes will put him at a disadvantage and you know it.

Like I said the light arrow is 50/50.

All Aerith did was cure his ass IMO.

Surio
He can just close his eyes...besides, he went straight through Bahamut's megaflare despite Aerith helping him out somewhat, without being blinded, but either way he wasn't blinded by the flare, and it was very bright. If he closed his eyes, he can't block the arrow, which means he got his by it. And you add the damage the light arrow adds to the regular arrow and... he's dead.

Guilty Gear
I didn't mean he would close his eyes as Link aims at him. I said he should close his eyes after he dodged it and when it's about to hit something, and wouldn't the arrow be past him already? If it makes a burst of light behind him how's it going to blind him? Also, if it's too bright wouldn't Link be having the same problem here?

Superboy Prime
Still leaves him up for a nice setup. nerd

Guilty Gear
Still leaves him up for a nice setup. nerd hug

Surio
I didn't mean he would close his eyes as Link aims at him. I said he should close his eyes after he dodged it and when it's about to hit something, and wouldn't the arrow be past him already? If it makes a burst of light behind him how's it going to blind him? Also, if it's too bright wouldn't Link be having the same problem here?

The light arrow has a blinding light about a foot and a half around the arrow. It wouldn't blind the whole room, though the whole room would be filled with regular non-blinding light. Also, the light arrow travels pretty fast, so Cloud would have to dodge before Link actually fires it.

Superboy Prime
As fast as the light arrow might be I doubt it's faster than an actual bullet. Cloud can dodge bullets while taking a dump and watching Macy's catalogue.

Wait....who the **** am I arguing for?

Both. durverine

Surio
As fast as the light arrow might be I doubt it's faster than an actual bullet. Cloud can dodge bullets while taking a dump and watching Macy's catalogue.

Wait....who the **** am I arguing for?

Both. durverine

When has Cloud ever dodged a bullet AFTER it's been fired? Same concept with the light arrow, though the arrow's a bit slower, but still too fast to dodge after it's been aimed and shot.

Guilty Gear
When has Cloud ever dodged a bullet AFTER it's been fired? Same concept with the light arrow, though the arrow's a bit slower, but still too fast to dodge after it's been aimed and shot. In the Ancient Forest...the last bullet Yazoo shot before Cloud was blitzed by Loz was clearly dodged by Cloud tilting his head out of the way.

Regardless, if Cloud gets blinded by the light, so will Link. Neither of them are immune to such brightness if I'm not mistaken.

Surio
In the Ancient Forest...the last bullet Yazoo shot before Cloud was blitzed by Loz was clearly dodged by Cloud tilting his head out of the way.

Regardless, if Cloud gets blinded by the light, so will Link. Neither of them are immune to such brightness if I'm not mistaken.

1) Yeah, maybe, if fired at the head, he can just move his head, but I doubt he can jump out of the way of something fast coming at his chest. But who knows.

2) The light arrow blinds anyone, even link, but as I said, it only blinds people near it. When link charges the light arrow, he doesn't get blinded because he's behind the arrow, where it isn't blinding. The light focuses around the side and front.

Guilty Gear
ermm

Superboy Prime
I don't know how you dare ask me when has Cloud dodged a bullet.

I mean...he's fast enough to ****ing deflect them. You would think he would be fast enough to dodge them with relative ease.

Guilty Gear
Yeah...the bullet I was referring to that he dodged could have as easily been deflected, and during the mortocycle chase in the highway he was dodging bullets from near point-blank range.

The light arrow discussion gave me a headache.

Infinity
1) Yeah, maybe, if fired at the head, he can just move his head, but I doubt he can jump out of the way of something fast coming at his chest. But who knows.

2) The light arrow blinds anyone, even link, but as I said, it only blinds people near it. When link charges the light arrow, he doesn't get blinded because he's behind the arrow, where it isn't blinding. The light focuses around the side and front.

ur too smart for this thread smile

==

link still phails though.

Violent2Dope
Link wins. Light Arrows have an expanding intense light like five feet all around it, and if Cloud closed his eyes, Link would just pluck him with another one. Dur.

Guilty Gear
-_-'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.