Gladiator vs. Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xprJ_6UCsLA

This is from X-Men TAS.

Now, do you think this could happen in the comics? Could a confident Gladiator no-sell a punch from the Juggernaut like that?

endrict
I was thinking of that the other day... confused

Astner
Classic Juggernaut > Gladiator > Current Juggernaut

norrinradd43
classic jugs> or equal to gladiator>>>>>>>>current, unless he becomes full blown juggs again which i could see happening in the next issue

Nikkolas
A confident Gladiator is definitely stronger than Classic Juggernaut.

guy222
cain

TrollDog
Gladiator wins

::TNA_TITAN::
Gladiator

TrollDog
Gladiator still wins.

Galan007
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xprJ_6UCsLA

This is from X-Men TAS.

Now, do you think this could happen in the comics? Could a confident Gladiator no-sell a punch from the Juggernaut like that? I've always liked that scene, but it makes me lol when I hear Juggys voice - sounds like Harry Caray talking into a paper cup.

johnv89
Why is it that rouge can knock gladiator on his butt, but dosent flich when juggs hits him in the bread basket?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by TrollDog
Gladiator still wins. Gladiator wins a beating. That's what he wins.

TrollDog
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Gladiator wins a beating. That's what he wins. Fail.
Gladiator wins.

juggernaut74
Fail.
Gladiator wins. How?

Juggys has slapped Thor and Hulk around. Gladiator was slapped around by those two.

TrollDog
How?

Juggys has slapped Thor and Hulk around. Gladiator was slapped around by those two. He will grab juggz and throw him in the sun.
he aint hitting someone who can fly beyond light.

juggernaut74
He will grab juggz and throw him in the sun.
he aint hitting someone who can fly beyond light. Are you serious?

TrollDog
Are you serious? Yeah.
Are you?

juggernaut74
Yeah.
Are you? Has Gladiator ever thrown sombody into the sun? I remember when he fought Hulk he tried to fly Hulk into space but Hulk just did a thunderclap and Glads let him go.

carver9
good fight, two of my most favorite characters. I dont know who would win, gladiator with his pre crisis strength or juggernaut with his very high durability. Without bfr I dont think glad could drop juggernaut but gladiator is also invulnerable and depending on his confendence he could also become unstoppable himself.

Stalemate.

By the way, gladiator was going to punch cannonball from earth to the sun. Not hard for someone who can destroy a planet with mere punches.

TrollDog
Originally posted by carver9
good fight, two of my most favorite characters. I dont know who would win, gladiator with his pre crisis strength or juggernaut with his very high durability. Without bfr I dont think glad could drop juggernaut but gladiator is also invulnerable and depending on his confendence he could also become unstoppable himself.

Stalemate.

By the way, gladiator was going to punch cannonball from earth to the sun. Not hard for someone who can destroy a planet with mere punches. Good points bro. smile
I see no reason Glads doesn't toss the big doofus into the sun though.

MightyEInherjar
Gladiator is going to lose confidence pretty fast when he realizes his best shots aren't going to shake Classic Juggernaut.

Endrict Nuul
With BFR Glads wins, without BFR then Probably Cain.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Gladiator is going to lose confidence pretty fast when he realizes his best shots aren't going to shake Classic Juggernaut.

Not that fast.....

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Not that fast.....

You don't think the first time he throws one of his giant flying haymakers that he likes to start fights with into Juggs face, and Juggernaut doesn't blink, he's not going to significantly lose confidence?

Endrict Nuul
You don't think the first time he throws one of his giant flying haymakers that he likes to start fights with into Juggs face, and Juggernaut doesn't blink, he's not going to significantly lose confidence?

When Glads fought Tyrant he didn't lose his cool then. So he wouldn't lose his confidence here so quickly.

MightyEInherjar
When Glads fought Tyrant he didn't lose his cool then. So he wouldn't lose his confidence here so quickly.
He also had an all-star cast behind him.

carver9
answer this, would you lose confidence if juggernaut took that punch because I would, that would actually boost my confidence because Im fighting a formadable opponent.

Gladiator confidence isnt any different from me and yours. Think about it like this when judging gladiator, would you lose or boost your confidence when fighting this person.

Mindset
answer this, would you lose confidence if juggernaut took that punch because I would, that would actually boost my confidence because Im fighting a formadable opponent.

confused

rougeredmage
didnt Gladiator win a fight against Hyperion ?

i am going to say gladiator is going to win this as he is a trained soldier

while cain is a undisaplined deserter

Gladiator is going to win and take a healthy majoirty

The Pict
Juggernaut

Endrict Nuul
He also had an all-star cast behind him.

True, but getting zapped by Tyrant's eye beams over and over again while still coming back like a champ. He was the most inpressive one in that fight imo.

Mr. Slippyfist

Gladiator confidence isnt any different from me and yours. Think about it like this when judging gladiator, would you lose or boost your confidence when fighting this person. laughing out loud

MightyEInherjar

Gladiator confidence isnt any different from me and yours. Think about it like this when judging gladiator, would you lose or boost your confidence when fighting this person.

I doubt he's going to become more confident when his best shots don't phase Cain. More eager, sure, but not more confident.

If it takes longer for his confidence to burn out, Juggernaut can always rope-a-dope. Gladiator can pound on Juggernaut until it's his birthday, but it still isn't going to matter. Infinite Stamina and 'True' Invulnerability > Super Strength, Stamina, Speed that waiver up and down.

True, but getting zapped by Tyrant's eye beams over and over again while still coming back like a champ. He was the most inpressive one in that fight imo.

True, true. I don't think Gladiator loses the fight quickly, I just think that when he hits Juggernaut with a shot he'd be proud to lay on Thor or Superman, and Juggernaut just yawns, he's going to be a little less sure of himself. He more than likely views Juggernaut as scum compared to the likes of Thor, Black Bolt, Hyperion, or Tyrant for that matter, so he's probably going to start worrying when he can't end a fight he thought he'd finish with the first punch.

Endrict Nuul
I doubt he's going to become more confident when his best shots don't phase Cain. More eager, sure, but not more confident.

If it takes longer for his confidence to burn out, Juggernaut can always rope-a-dope. Gladiator can pound on Juggernaut until it's his birthday, but it still isn't going to matter. Infinite Stamina and 'True' Invulnerability > Super Strength, Stamina, Speed that waiver up and down.

True, true. I don't think Gladiator loses the fight quickly, I just think that when he hits Juggernaut with a shot he'd be proud to lay on Thor or Superman, and Juggernaut just yawns, he's going to be a little less sure of himself. He more than likely views Juggernaut as scum compared to the likes of Thor, Black Bolt, Hyperion, or Tyrant for that matter, so he's probably going to start worrying when he can't end a fight he thought he'd finish with the first punch.

"Gladiator is going to lose confidence pretty fast" are your words? stick out tongue

All I am pointing out is that he is a trained soldier and fought people above Juggs so This fight will be long and he won't lose his confidence that quick.

Mr. Slippyfist
Gladiator won't lose confidence. He'll just get his head mashed into the Earth.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Gladiator won't lose confidence. He'll just get his head mashed into the Earth.

bangin

Mr. Slippyfist
bangin Ah yes... I forgot about forum Gladiator.

Juggernaut gets punched to the sun, Glads is PC Superman level, speedblitz, Gladiator beats any and all, etc.

Gladiator probably overrides Juggy's durability and punches him out.

MightyEInherjar
"Gladiator is going to lose confidence pretty fast" are your words? stick out tongue

All I am pointing out is that he is a trained soldier and fought people above Juggs so This fight will be long and he won't lose his confidence that quick.

Heh, I still stand by with him losing his confidence fast. This is especially because Juggernaut IS lower than most of his big fights, and when he realizes he can't even scratch a guy whom he considers a no-one, he's going to start doubting himself hardcore.

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset
confused

You knew what I tried to say. sad

I meant to say wouldnt.
mad

Starscream M
You knew what I tried to say. sad

I meant to say wouldnt.
mad no, actually your post was quite confusing

Lord Feron
Juggs will get knocked around alot but eventually, Glades will get tired and evntaully lose if there is no BFR or anything like that (can't think of anything that glades can do to actually hurt him). juggs hits will hurt Glades has taken much worse from far greater. Idk if his confidence will get effected becuas ehe willl be juts like. Smack juggs away, juggs comes running back, smack him away again, juggs comes running back...again agin and again. Idk if it will actually lose confidence or just annoy him... but due to Juggs key true invulnerability it will be a stalemate. Or someone just gives up because the battle will seem useless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.