Apocalypse vs. Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Who wins it?

spidey-dude
close thread

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by batdude123
Who wins it?

A non-jobbing Apoc should be able to take him for a majority.

batdude123
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Kallark is 100% confident in this fight.

quanchi112
gladiator wins this all day. apoc cant compete. he should stick to fighting wolverine. laughing

xmarksthespot
Gladiator rips him in half and urinates on him... purely to annoy TricksterPriest. vin

quanchi112
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Gladiator rips him in half and urinates on him... purely to annoy TricksterPriest. vin its kinda true though. apoc isnt even in his league. wink

endrict
Glads is Superman lvl, Apoc isn't

Priest
Gladiator wecks him.

guy222
Who wins it?

kallark

Xplosive
Gladiator

gogogadgetgo
apocalypse!!! yeay!!! go super mutie!!!

well, some ones gotta root for em...and apocalypse just has to call gladiator a sissy boy and laugh at his hair then there goes his confidence level down the drain. and apocalypse grows to a giant and kicks him in the nuts for the win
eek!

golem370
Apocalypse should pawn both Gladiator & Superman, he is smarter more experienced and is quite versatile

llagrok
Does Gladiator has his mental shields up?

Apolloknight
Barring a Speedblitz, this could be a good fight, but since we aren't, Gladiator rips Apocalypse in half.

llagrok
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Barring a Speedblitz, this could be a good fight, but since we aren't, Gladiator rips Apocalypse in half.

Gladiator doesn't have much resistance to telepathy, it could be over quickly.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by llagrok
Gladiator doesn't have much resistance to telepathy, it could be over quickly.

True but, the instant the bell rings gladiator catches Apoc with a light speed right cross from hell, before apoc even knows what to do.

llagrok
True but, the instant the bell rings gladiator catches Apoc with a light speed right cross from hell, before apoc even knows what to do.

And how many times has Gladiator done this smile

Xplosive
Apocalypse best chance and a good chance would be a telepathy. If he catches Gladiator with it, it's a good night for Kallark.
If not, Gladiator beats him.

llagrok
Originally posted by Xplosive
Apocalypse best chance and a good chance would be a telepathy. If he catches Gladiator with it, it's a good night for Kallark.
If not, Gladiator beats him.

My thoughts exactly.

Apolloknight
And how many times has Gladiator done this smile

.........I'm gonna need you to go check out his respect thread.... wink

Alfheim

Bro APoc has beaten up Ikaris. I cant see Gladiator owning Apoc like that.

Hasnt Thor beaten up Glads on a regular basis?

xmarksthespot
Gladiator doesn't have much resistance to telepathy. Lucky for him, Apocalypse doesn't have much telepathy. vin

Alfheim
Lucky for him, Apocalypse doesn't have much telepathy. vin

Psi blast? Possibly? He still has the possessing Cyclops feat, thats a form of mind control.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Alfheim
Psi blast? Possibly? He still has the possessing Cyclops feat, thats a form of mind control. No the merger with Scott was technology based, Scott jumped into the path himself - see X-Men #97

Alfheim
No the merger with Scott was technology based, Scott jumped into the path himself - see X-Men #97

Ok but we still have the psi-blast as a possible telepathic feat.

Xplosive
Lucky for him, Apocalypse doesn't have much telepathy. vin

Why do you paly a fool, when you know that Apocalypse displayed telepathy.
Psi-blast on Xavier would surely be enough for Gladiator.

xmarksthespot
Ok but we still have the psi-blast as a possible telepathic feat. Originally posted by Xplosive
Why do you paly a fool, when you know that Apocalypse displayed telepathy.
Psi-blast on Xavier would surely be enough for Gladiator. A (possible) psi blast sucker punch causing a telepath pain gives no indication of the level of telepathic skill (as a psi-blast is a comparatively basic telepathic action) nor the level of telepathic power, as telepaths are not innately immune nor passively resistant to telepathy, a psi blast on Xavier is no more of a feat than a psi blast on other humans/mutants.

Additionally, single time feat to ascribe telepathic power and prowess?

Emma Frost has telekinesis.
Mystique is a phaser.
Mr Fantastic can turn into a liquid. (from Mungi)

boriquaking55

if by that you mean get thrown into the sun and embarrased then yes. Oh, but then again Apoc has his mighty telepathy doesn't he? pfft since he uses it sooo much, it might only serve to get him a few wins. This isn't classic Apoc anyways

I'm sick of Glads jobbing, if he were written half-decent - threads like this wouldn't exist.

norrinradd43
Apocalypse bows before the Praetor of the Imperial Guard

Alfheim
A (possible) psi blast sucker punch causing a telepath pain gives no indication of the level of telepathic skill (as a psi-blast is a comparatively basic telepathic action) nor the level of telepathic power, as telepaths are not innately immune nor passively resistant to telepathy, a psi blast on Xavier is no more of a feat than a psi blast on other humans/mutants.

Yeah but that doesnt change anything. We still can consider it to be a psi-blast and Gladiator is still vulnerable to psi-blasts. Psi-blasts are a form of telepathy right?

Additionally, single time feat to ascribe telepathic power and prowess?

Emma Frost has telekinesis.
Mystique is a phaser.
Mr Fantastic can turn into a liquid. (from Mungi)

I think its still allowed on this forum. We were discussing Wolverine vs Namor and somebody brought up the point that eventhough Namor hardly uses electroblast on this forum its a possible option.

illadelph12
laughing

No respect whatsoever.

quanchi112
Originally posted by boriquaking55
if by that you mean get thrown into the sun and embarrased then yes. Oh, but then again Apoc has his mighty telepathy doesn't he? pfft since he uses it sooo much, it might only serve to get him a few wins. This isn't classic Apoc anyways

I'm sick of Glads jobbing, if he were written half-decent - threads like this wouldn't exist. gladiator should win this with such ease. i agree that this threa dshouldnt exist. its an insult to gladiator in my opinion.

xmarksthespot
Yeah but that doesnt change anything. We still can consider it to be a psi-blast and Gladiator is still vulnerable to psi-blasts. Psi-blasts are a form of telepathy right?We can consider it a psiblast, just for sake of argument (although I'll reiterate here that it is ambiguous).

The psiblast, singular, gives no indication of the level of telepathic skill nor power. So, that he has once performed a psiblast sucker punch does not mean he has sufficient telepathic ability to down Gladiator, and do so before Gladiator (at 100% confidence apparently) in this thread attacks him with his speed strength and other Superman rip off powers.Originally posted by Alfheim
I think its still allowed on this forum. We were discussing Wolverine vs Namor and somebody brought up the point that eventhough Namor hardly uses electroblast on this forum its a possible option.
Namor has a power to mimic the abilities of other sea creatures, so on an occasion has blown himself up like a pufferfish
Emma Frost is a telepath, with no active telekinesis, but has on occasion been depicted using telekinesis.

The latter is a straight up writer/artist error. The former a one-time feat.
Which of these the (pseudo) psiblast was I'm not going to hazard a guess, but I'm not partial to either anyway.

You're inquiry into Cyclopalypse had me go back and look at X-Men #97, Apocalypse is being amplified in a Celestial device that has drawn energy from The Twelve and Nate Grey, which furthers its suspect nature.

Together with this 'psiblast feat,' Apocalypse has one mind reading feat, an inability to access the Astral Plane. He showed strong mental defenses, yes, in one instance, but when penetrated by Jean via her bond with Scott, he showed no ability to counteract her mind control, nor counteract being ejected from Scott's body. Ergo there is nothing to suggest he's a "first order telepath" as someone from this site has probably put on Wikipedia.

Tyrant
And how many times has Gladiator done this smile Double standards.

Alfheim
We can consider it a psiblast, just for sake of argument (although I'll reiterate here that it is ambiguous).

The psiblast, singular, gives no indication of the level of telepathic skill nor power. So, that he has once performed a psiblast sucker punch does not mean he has sufficient telepathic ability to down Gladiator, and do so before Gladiator (at 100% confidence apparently) in this thread attacks him with his speed strength and other Superman rip off powers.

I guess we can only speculate if its enough to hurt Glads.

Namor has a power to mimic the abilities of other sea creatures, so on an occasion has blown himself up like a pufferfish
Emma Frost is a telepath, with no active telekinesis, but has on occasion been depicted using telekinesis.

The latter is a straight up writer/artist error. The former a one-time feat.
Which of these the (pseudo) psiblast was I'm not going to hazard a guess, but I'm not partial to either anyway.

Well im just saying im sure one-team feats are allowed on this forum.

You're inquiry into Cyclopalypse had me go back and look at X-Men #97, Apocalypse is being amplified in a Celestial device that has drawn energy from The Twelve and Nate Grey, which furthers its suspect nature.

Together with this 'psiblast feat,' Apocalypse has one mind reading feat, an inability to access the Astral Plane. He showed strong mental defenses, yes, in one instance, but when penetrated by Jean via her bond with Scott, he showed no ability to counteract her mind control, nor counteract being ejected from Scott's body. Ergo there is nothing to suggest he's a "first order telepath" as someone from this site has probably put on Wikipedia.

Didnt Apoc travel to the astral with Cable in the Onslaught Saga?

Well I guess we can say since Apoc has fought Ikaris he should be able to defeat Glads.

Tyrant
Gladiator destroyed a planet in three punches once...

pr1983

no, they aren't unless there's consistent evidence to suggest that said feats are plausible...

you mean 'one-time' didnt you? messed

Alfheim
Originally posted by pr1983
no, they aren't unless there's consistent evidence to suggest that said feats are plausible...

you mean 'one-time' didnt you? messed

I think it relates to fighting at their best ability. If you see somebody using a power only a few times its allowed on this forum.

pr1983
I think it relates to fighting at their best ability. If you see somebody using a power only a few times its allowed on this forum.

if its within their stated power levels, yes...

Apolloknight
Originally posted by pr1983
if its within their stated power levels, yes...

Therefore, Gladiator blitz's Apoc for the win.

llagrok
So because Apocalypse has telepathic feats, but not enough mind blast feats, he can't attack Gladiator with telepathy? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Apolloknight
So because Apocalypse has telepathic feats, but not enough mind blast feats, he can't attack Gladiator with telepathy? roll eyes (sarcastic)

When the bell rings, and Gladiator accelerates to FTL speeds (He has traveled 100 times the speed of light before, traversed hyperspace, etc) what is apoc going to do?

llagrok
When the bell rings, and Gladiator accelerates to FTL speeds (He has traveled 100 times the speed of light before, traversed hyperspace, etc) what is apoc going to do?

He'll think "die" and Gladiator will die.

There's nothing called 100% confidence Gladiator, there's no such thing as a confidence gauge, nor have we ever seen him at "max" confidence. Potentially Gladiator could kill anyone with one punch.

Apolloknight
He'll think "die" and Gladiator will die.

There's nothing called 100% confidence Gladiator, there's no such thing as a confidence gauge, nor have we ever seen him at "max" confidence. Potentially Gladiator could kill anyone with one punch.

What im trying to say is, The speed of light>>>>>Speed of thought.

The nano-second the bell rings, Gladiator will be moving so fast that Apocalypse will seem frozen in time to him. (not to mention that doest a telepath have to know/track his target to affect him?)

Also, can anyone clarify what it was that vulcan tried to hit Gladiator with during their one sided fight?

starlock
Apocalypse for the win

quanchi112
When the bell rings, and Gladiator accelerates to FTL speeds (He has traveled 100 times the speed of light before, traversed hyperspace, etc) what is apoc going to do? apoc blinks then dies. end of story.

llagrok
What im trying to say is, The speed of light>>>>>Speed of thought.

The nano-second the bell rings, Gladiator will be moving so fast that Apocalypse will seem frozen in time to him. (not to mention that doest a telepath have to know/track his target to affect him?)

Also, can anyone clarify what it was that vulcan tried to hit Gladiator with during their one sided fight?

Can anyone clarify how Gladiator's gonna get past time manipulation? smile

redhotrash
Im not doubting that Gladiator would win, but doesnt Apocalypse have control over his molecular structure? Like shouldnt a light speed punch to the mug rearrange Apocalypse's face only to have it mold back to normal right after? I mean Mr. Sinister technically should be able to survive this, so why not Apocalypse?

llagrok
Originally posted by redhotrash
Im not doubting that Gladiator would win, but doesnt Apocalypse have control over his molecular structure? Like shouldnt a light speed punch to the mug rearrange Apocalypse's face only to have it mold back to normal right after? I mean Mr. Sinister technically should be able to survive this, so why not Apocalypse?

Well, according to the OP Gladiator is at 100% confidence. So he should be capable of taking out the planet with a punch, easily.

Tyrant
Can anyone clarify how Gladiator's gonna get past time manipulation? smile Why would anyone have to?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tyrant
Why would anyone have to? laughing

llagrok
Why would anyone have to?

Because he could freeze time and Gladiator wouldn't be able to do anything?

Tyrant
Because he could freeze time and Gladiator wouldn't be able to do anything? I forgot he does that on occasion... and to foes of Gladiator's capabilities...
Hell, who did he do this to again?
Nevermind, retract my previous statement.

Acrosurge
If Gladiator is 100 percent confident, then I don't think any singular psy-blasts (telepathic or otherwise) will put him down.

If this is a noprep battle, Gladiator should win this. He simply overpowers Apocalypse in speed, strength, and durability. Give Apoc some time to prep, or beef himself up, or get through Glads' confidence defense, and I think Poccy could take it.

Gladiator 8/10.

llagrok
Gladiator was confident when he faced Cassandra Nova, very.
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8829/newxmen12605vv6.th.jpg

With that said, a confident Gladiator takes it 10/10

illadelph12
I think Apocalypse gets sold way to short here on KMC, and I also find it ironic that it's always assumed characters take the direct approach in battle even when that's not their character. What's stopping Apoc from simply teleporting at the onset of battle to another point on the battlefield, and reappearing 50+ feet tall and a class 500+ with his hand morphed into a fusion cannon? Or simply raising his shields? That's a novel idea. Or how about simply becoming intangible, or taking on an amorphous consistency similar to rubber so Gladiator's physical attacks have no harm on him whatsoever? Or absorbing and redirecting any energy attacks Gladiator attacks him with? Or any other logical point of attack or counteratack Apocalypse has displayed in his decades plus of existence? This forum-wide anti-Apocalypse sentiment is laughable at best.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid.

The "Apoc gets a coffee table thrown at him" train has ran it's course. That bandwagon is full and going nowhere. It's not even funny anymore.

llagrok
Originally posted by illadelph12
I think Apocalypse gets sold way to short here on KMC, and I also find it ironic that it's always assumed characters take the direct approach in battle even when that's not their character. What's stopping Apoc from simply teleporting at the onset of battle to another point on the battlefield, and reappearing 50+ feet tall and a class 500+ with his hand morphed into a fusion cannon? Or simply raising his shields? That's a novel idea. Or how about simply becoming intangible, or taking on an amorphous consistency similar to rubber so Gladiator's physical attacks have no harm on him whatsoever? Or absorbing and redirecting any energy attacks Gladiator attacks him with? Or any other logical point of attack or counteratack Apocalypse has displayed in his decade plus of existence? This forum-wide anti-Apocalypse sentiment is laughable at best.

The "Apoc gets a coffee table thrown at him" train has ran it's course. That bandwagon is full and going nowhere. It's not even funny anymore.

I'm a huge Apocalypse fan as well and I think he gets too little respect on this board.

I suppose Apocalypse himself is partially to blame for this though. A lot of people lack knowledge and don't realize that he was weakened the times he chose to engage the x-men. And the times when they have fought him at full power, nothing short of PIS or plot items have been capable of injuring him.

Unfortunately Apocalypse has a lot of different power showings, but these have only appeared once or twice. Such as matter manipulation, time manipulation and reality manipulation. Since these have only appeared once, I can understand why Apocalypse doesn't get his due.

I still think it's ridiculous that people he has beaten in a straight fight are still ranked above him, but I suppose that's how it's going to be. It's funny how people are willing to accept other character's powers when there's only one showing, but I suppose that's something which will never change.

Acrosurge
I think Apocalypse gets sold way to short here on KMC, and I also find it ironic that it's always assumed characters take the direct approach in battle even when that's not their character. What's stopping Apoc from simply teleporting at the onset of battle to another point on the battlefield, and reappearing 50+ feet tall and a class 500+ with his hand morphed into a fusion cannon? Or simply raising his shields? That's a novel idea. Or how about simply becoming intangible, or taking on an amorphous consistency similar to rubber so Gladiator's physical attacks have no harm on him whatsoever? Or absorbing and redirecting any energy attacks Gladiator attacks him with? Or any other logical point of attack or counteratack Apocalypse has displayed in his decades plus of existence? This forum-wide anti-Apocalypse sentiment is laughable at best.

The "Apoc gets a coffee table thrown at him" train has ran it's course. That bandwagon is full and going nowhere. It's not even funny anymore. The respect would be great, but it must be backed up by current comic book portrayals. Apocalypse suffers from a much stronger dose of what has been done to Darkseid over the past couple years. The only solution is for him to be portrayed as a legitimate, competent, planet level threat (as opposed to a prepping, local area threat).

I'd like to see this as much as I would like to see Darkseid's "Super-Busting" cred restored. I don't see it happening now.

llagrok
Originally posted by Acrosurge
The respect would be great, but it must be backed up by current comic book portrayals. Apocalypse suffers from a much stronger dose of what has been done to Darkseid over the past couple years. The only solution is for him to be portrayed as a legitimate, competent, planet level threat (as opposed to a prepping, local area threat).

I'd like to see this as much as I would like to see Darkseid's "Super-Busting" cred restored. I don't see it happening now.

His recent portrayals aren't that bad, it's just too bad that he's in a weakened state due to having given so much blood.

Tyrant
Why is Apoc supposedly looking worse in his current incarnation anyway?
I haven't saw it.

It was 90's Apoc that blew balls.

Acrosurge
His recent portrayals aren't that bad, it's just too bad that he's in a weakened state due to having given so much blood. Granted, but have you seen him do anything worthy of being called a Planetary threat? That would be something for him.

llagrok
Granted, but have you seen him do anything worthy of being called a Planetary threat? That would be something for him.

You can't demand planetary threat feats when his goal is so very different from planetary destruction. I can't recall any situations where planetary destruction or anything on planetary scale has been necessary.

Apolloknight

You see thats the thing, if Glad's didn't move and react at the speed of light then it would be a much better and closer fight, actually one I would like to see.

But since he (Glad) moves, thinks reacts, etc at light speeds, Apoc is outclassed for that very reason alone.

You see, in the little time it takes for Apoc to generate a neuron to perform actions such as the one's you stated above, He will be halfway to the moon on a crash course with the sun, or hit with an uppercut that sends him into orbit.

All that is possible because Apoc doesn't move, think and react at light speeds. I mean seriously, how do you defend against someone who has moved at 100 times the speed of light, and can traverse hyperspace?

TricksterPriest
Sadly, it's well within his capabilities to be able to react and defeat Gladiator. sad But his jobbing means it's unlikely. Btw, the speed of thought is around the speed of light, so he can react fast enough.

As Illadelph said, Apoc gets seriously hated on at this forum. Regrettably, Marvel has made it impossible to argue for him because nobody there knows how to write him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Apoc at his best form can stalemate the HE. Gladiator cannot. He loses.

Acrosurge
You can't demand planetary threat feats when his goal is so very different from planetary destruction. I can't recall any situations where planetary destruction or anything on planetary scale has been necessary. Woah, I wasn't talking specifically about destruction (although if he's going to fight guys like Gladiator and Thor that might not be such a bad thing)! I'm simply talking about plans or actions that Apocalypse has taken that would put an entire planet in jeopardy. These kinds of schemes would put him at odds with other super hero teams such as the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, or even the Thunderbolts. Making the 616 Earth look up and take notice of an Apoc scheme as a credible, planet-wide threat would do wonders for his rep.

Has there been anything like this recently? Does it look like there might be something like this in the future? I'm not trying attack Apocalypse here, its just that I don't read the X-Books regularly and I'm curious about the recent handling of this character against the 616 world stage.

llagrok
Woah, I wasn't talking specifically about destruction (although if he's going to fight guys like Gladiator and Thor that might not be such a bad thing)! I'm simply talking about plans or actions that Apocalypse has taken that would put an entire planet in jeopardy. These kinds of schemes would put him at odds with other super hero teams such as the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, or even the Thunderbolts. Making the 616 Earth look up and take notice of an Apoc scheme as a credible, planet-wide threat would do wonders for his rep.

Has there been anything like this recently? Does it look like there might be something like this in the future? I'm not trying attack Apocalypse here, its just that I don't read the X-Books regularly and I'm curious about the recent handling of this character against the 616 world stage.

Oh, that makes a big difference smile

Just recently he was about to "cull" the human population down to 9/10% of their original numbers. So that the humans and mutants could fight "evenly" unfortunately he told the world leaders that they could kill off 90% (or was it 99?) or he would choose random humans. Which gave the x-men/avengers time to stop him.

When they fought Apocalypse had drained blood from himself and given it to mutants throughout the world after starving them. He had drained enough blood to fill up several tanks, which were destroyed by the x-men. During his weakened form he was able to take attacks from Havok and Iceman relatively easy. Unfortunately Pulse was able to affect and almost cancel out his powers though.

batdude123
Btw, the speed of thought is around the speed of light, so he can react fast enough.

Try dodging a bullet at point blank range and then tell me what happened afterward.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Try dodging a bullet at point blank range and then tell me what happened afterward.

We don't have the ability to react at the speed of thought. Apoc does.

llagrok

You first.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
We don't have the ability to react at the speed of thought. Apoc does.

He still isnt going to comprehend Gladiator.

http://www.painstudy.com/NonDrugRemedies/Pain/p10.htm

llagrok

Don't be an idiot.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/catgirls.gif

The same amount of catgirls are killed when involving human anatomy as well.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Which has nothign to do with apoc. A MUTANT with control over every atom of his Body. Which would include the speed to which he reacts. i've never seen gladiator go faster than light in a battle. The fastest in battle I remember was when he was fighting thor and WM at the same time on two halves of a planet. Light speed at best for that feat.

Apolloknight
Don't be an idiot.

...........OK.

Apolloknight
Which has nothign to do with apoc. A MUTANT with control over every atom of his Body. Which would include the speed to which he reacts.

Yes Apoc could amp himself to think and react faster, but first, he would have to THINK about doing it........AHHHH.

The fastest in battle I remember was when he was fighting thor and WM at the same time on two halves of a planet. Light speed at best for that feat.

Which is still roughly 3 million times faster then Apoc can think.

Tyrant
Don't be an idiot.

The same amount of catgirls are killed when involving human anatomy as well. One less anime characters I say...

llagrok
Apollo: Do you know ANYTHING about him at all?

Apolloknight
Apollo: Do you know ANYTHING about him at all?

Im no Trickster Priest or Evil Ash, but I know a little about Apoc, why?

Tyrant
Im no Trickster Priest Be grateful for that one...

Plus, I think Trickster's ego just rose to untold levels.

llagrok
Im no Trickster Priest or Evil Ash, but I know a little about Apoc, why?

If you only know a little, why are you even debating?

Don't you think that you should at least know what his powers are before going in to a debate with Apoc fans?

illadelph12
Apocalypse morphed his body around point blank range heat vision blast from Ikarus, and Optic Blasts from Cyclops on separate occasions, among other occasions where's he's displayed superhuman reaction times. He's gone blow for blow and blast for blast with the High Evolutionary. Don't sell him short.

Not to mention the fact that Gladiator is simply not going to one shot Apoc to the sun. Apoc can fly, teleport, alter his mass, size, density, consistency, generate forcefields, etc. Physical engagement would be foolish against Apoc given his ability to negate the effects of impact. On the other hand, if Apocalypse were to not only survive Gladiator's futile physical assault, but gain an upper hand, Gladiator's confidence, and abilities, would begin to falter.

Apocalypse's wouldn't.

People really aren't thinking this battle through fully.

llagrok

illadelph12
Also, can Kallark move without thinking about it? I'm pretty sure he has to will his own motion as well.

Tyrant
Cable and Hulk did roll eyes (sarcastic) The mere fact that Apoc had an actual fight with Cable... doesn't help his case at all.
This is Gladiator, not Captain America (who by the way, Cable admitted was stronger, faster, etc).

Wow, choking a sick Hulk... plus, he never took any shots from him, and choking Gladiator doesn't sound right...

llagrok
The mere fact that Apoc had an actual fight with Cable... doesn't help his case at all.
This is Gladiator, not Captain America (who by the way, Cable admitted was stronger, faster, etc).

Wow, choking a sick Hulk... plus, he never took any shots from him, and choking Gladiator doesn't sound right...

Choking Gladiator makes him wet his pants.

Cable was pouring ALL of his power into attacking Apocalypse.

Tyrant
Choking Gladiator makes him wet his pants.

Cable was pouring ALL of his power into attacking Apocalypse. Super piss?

Shall we dance then, Victoria?
Is that why he only hit him twice with his staff, and then was punching his head away the other times?
If Cable can make his head turn, even a little bit, then it's a fair assumption that Gladiator can put him through buildings, and the ground.

Evil_Ash
Such as matter manipulation, time manipulation and reality manipulation.

nonefist

llagrok
Super piss?

Shall we dance then, Victoria?
Is that why he only hit him twice with his staff, and then was punching his head away the other times?
If Cable can make his head turn, even a little bit, then it's a fair assumption that Gladiator can put him through buildings, and the ground.

Keep in mind that the issue was done by Liefeld.

Originally posted by Evil_Ash
nonefist

You posted the scans for god's sake. How else do you suppose he transformed Ozymandis into stone?

Tyrant
Keep in mind that the issue was done by Liefeld.
ah aint dun bring it up wink

Also, Liefeld does ass hole art, but that doesn't mean his writing is bad.

illadelph12
The mere fact that Apoc had an actual fight with Cable... doesn't help his case at all.

Yeah, because Gladiator has never had trouble with anyone weaker than him.

I mean, he one shotted Colossus in the Dark Phoenix Saga, and Cannonball...

Step yo' game up man.

Evil_Ash
How else do you suppose he transformed Ozymandis into stone?

It had something to do with him felling into Kang's machinery...

Tyrant

Step yo' game up man. Keep in mind. I didn't bring up Cable, in an attempt to make it look like people who fought him in h2h lost, and Gladiator would as well.

Unless I brought up Colossus, and Canonball as a point of interest...

llagrok

Step yo' game up man.

While we're bringing up Cannonball, Juggernaut had no problem one shottin' the kid.

ah aint dun bring it up wink

Also, Liefeld does ass hole art, but that doesn't mean his writing is bad.

Liefeld's writing is pretty sub par, wasn't he the one writing the Cap/onslaught fight? Or was he only doing the art?

Tyrant
Liefeld's writing is pretty sub par, wasn't he the one writing the Cap/onslaught fight? Or was he only doing the art? Loeb wrote, while we watched Onslaught grow throughout the fight...

TricksterPriest
Oh, that makes a big difference smile

Just recently he was about to "cull" the human population down to 9/10% of their original numbers. So that the humans and mutants could fight "evenly" unfortunately he told the world leaders that they could kill off 90% (or was it 99?) or he would choose random humans. Which gave the x-men/avengers time to stop him.

When they fought Apocalypse had drained blood from himself and given it to mutants throughout the world after starving them. He had drained enough blood to fill up several tanks, which were destroyed by the x-men. During his weakened form he was able to take attacks from Havok and Iceman relatively easy. Unfortunately Pulse was able to affect and almost cancel out his powers though.

Need to make a slight correction. Pulse couldn't shut down Apoc's powers. He could only weaken him. and he directly said he couldn't do it for long.

http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/uncxmen.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=14209
http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/uncxmen.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=14210

llagrok
It had something to do with him felling into Kang's machinery...

Really? I was certain Apocalypse did it.

Need to make a slight correction. Pulse couldn't shut down Apoc's powers. He could only weaken him. and he directly said he couldn't do it for long.

http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/uncxmen.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=14209
http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/uncxmen.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=14210

Yeah, I knew "cancelling out" was too much.

Tyrant

http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/uncxmen.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=14210 So unless Gladiator can turn off powers... I believe that's irrelevant...

Plus, you just showed Apoc getting fudged up by Sunfire... laughing out loud

llagrok
You just showed Apoc getting fudged up by Sunfire... laughing out loud

So unless Gladiator can turn off powers... I believe that's irrelevant...

TricksterPriest
So unless Gladiator can turn off powers... I believe that's irrelevant...

Plus, you just showed Apoc getting fudged up by Sunfire... laughing out loud

Let's see. Apocalypse had several gallons of his blood drained out, Pulse was weakening his powers, Sunfire was amped due to his becoming a horseman, there are plenty of reasons why that doesn't make Apoc look bad. stick out tongue

Tyrant
So unless Gladiator can turn off powers... I believe that's irrelevant... Laughing at the scenery (in other words, I was just going by Trickster's comments, and not reading the scans. embarrasment).

Looks like out of context material for Apoc threads, it does... shifty

llagrok
Let's see. Apocalypse had several gallons of his blood drained out, Pulse was weakening his powers, Sunfire was amped due to his becoming a horseman, there are plenty of reasons why that doesn't make Apoc look bad. stick out tongue

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/apoc-big.jpg

xmarksthespot
I guess we can only speculate if its enough to hurt Glads.Well the lack of substantive telepathic feats, makes me doubt he can knock him out, hurt him perhaps - but to what degree I'm not sure - all moot however considering telepathy while occurring concurrently to thought, still requires thought.
Well im just saying im sure one-team feats are allowed on this forum. See what pr said.
Didnt Apoc travel to the astral with Cable in the Onslaught Saga?

Well I guess we can say since Apoc has fought Ikaris he should be able to defeat Glads. He had to be taken to the Astral Plane by Cable. Telepaths generally are able to travel to the Astral Plane of their own accord.

That would be ABC logic.Originally posted by llagrok
So because Apocalypse has telepathic feats, but not enough mind blast feats, he can't attack Gladiator with telepathy? roll eyes (sarcastic) No more like he doesn't have enough telepathy feats in general to even really refer to him as a telepath let alone to compare him to Charles Xavier or his mummadrai. The sole offensive feat occurred while he was in a Celestial device, which drew power from the Twelve and Nate Grey. And having only one offensive feat of telepathy, which gives no bearing on the level of telepathic power or skill, there's not much at all to indicate he can fell Gladiator with telepathy, assuming he even has it.

In general:
To dodge a laser beam etc. does not mean having lightspeed reactions, otherwise Storm, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America, all have "lightspeed reactions."

Apocalypse doesn't have lightspeed reactions.

"Fighting HE" or "Fighting Thor" or "Fighting Silver Surfer" in themselves aren't "feats."Originally posted by Evil_Ash
It had something to do with him felling into Kang's machinery... Do elaborate?

quanchi112
Laughing at the scenery (in other words, I was just going by Trickster's comments, and not reading the scans. embarrasment).

Looks like out of context material for Apoc threads, it does... shifty laughing

norrinradd43
Sinister as he originally was written and I hope they bring it back was a Terror on the psychic level

Xplosive

You also have to realize that Gladiator can forget about that speed on Earth.

Still, he would be much faster than Apocalypse.
But Apocalypse at least proved in weakened state that he can easily react with Quicksilver speed.
Then again, he was also dodging with morphing his body PE Ikaris energy attacks, which means he again easily reacted in time. Those attacks should go far faster than Quicksilver can run, or shoud they actually go at speed of light.

Well, there have been on such occasion. When Cable said to Iron-Man and Thor that Apocalypse is such a threat, that he rules the future and that actually such a threat, that such as Iron-Man, Thor, no records about them, like they never even existed.
Last he appeared in X-Men issue, Avengers, X-Men battled him.
He was also very weakened and took the best shot from Iceman easily (according to Iceman word, he said he gave everything he had, which wasn't enough for a weakened Apocalypse).

Unfortunately Pulse was able to affect and almost cancel out his powers though.

Yes, but for a very, very short time (and let's say, when he was around Rogue, he immediately effortlessly canceled her powers). He couldn't hold it long time, which indicates that Apocalypse had too much power for him.
Or actually, Pulse could only weaken a weakened Apocalypse for a very short time.

As I remember Apocalypse himself using his abilities turned Ozymandias into a stone.
I should go look up for Rise of Apocalypse again.

Terryc250
Didnt Gladiator smash a planet with a punch? I think one of those punches would take apoc out

Evil_Ash
Do elaborate?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/ozzycrashkang.png

xmarksthespot
So it was more that he collided with Kang's technology, inadvertently absorbing millenia of knowledge, that changed him into what he is now?

When and where has Apocalypse ever exhibited time manipulation may I ask, btw?

Jack Harkness
And how many times has Gladiator done this smile How many times has Apoc actually done anything Tricker says he can. Same rules sorry.

Evil_Ash
When and where has Apocalypse ever exhibited time manipulation may I ask, btw?

That is a weird one.

I have the scan, but I don't know where it is. It shows Wolverine (As Horseman, Death) going through the past and experiencing old fights with opponents such as Hulk. Then at the end, Apocalypse pops out of nowhere, telling him that the past is gone or something.

It can be assumed that whatever is happening, it's done by technology.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Terryc250
Didnt Gladiator smash a planet with a punch? I think one of those punches would take apoc out

He can regenerate

I think

xmarksthespot
That is a weird one.

I have the scan, but I don't know where it is. It shows Wolverine (As Horseman, Death) going through the past and experiencing old fights with opponents such as Hulk. Then at the end, Apocalypse pops out of nowhere, telling him that the past is gone or something.I found the scans you're referring to I think.
It can be assumed that whatever is happening, it's done by technology. That would be my assumption - but I don't think it would actually require time manipulation at all... at least from what I saw... Celestial tech Danger Room type deal.

So...

- The circumstances surrounding Ozymandias turning to stone involve him interacting with Kang's technology and absorbing millennia of knowledge.
- Wolverine reliving past experiences (regardless of if he actually traveled in time to do so) likely involves technology.

- Also on a semi-related note, I've seen the Scarab Beast thing from Black Knight and Exodus... and there's nothing to suggest matter manipulation... it just looks like it rose out from the ground in an explosion.
- And the turning of his harbinger into a bomb thing - technokinesis.
- I've only seen gross telekinetic feats from Apocalypse, with regard to anything non technological.

So... (and this isn't particularly directed at you Evil_Ash) where exactly does one derive that Apocalypse sans preparation, and in a neutral battleground has the substantive ability to rearrange matter, manipulate time and/or reality.

no expression no expression no expression

Xplosive
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/ozzycrashkang.png

That shows me that it was both needed for turning him into stone, Apocalypse and machinery.

Hm, I have less knowledge of Apocalypse than I had two years ago.

I know that Apocalypse had a reality powers when he was so-called Cyclopalypse.

llagrok
Originally posted by Jack Harkness
How many times has Apoc actually done anything Tricker says he can. Same rules sorry.

At least once.

nvrbeenwthagirl
hasnt' Apoc gotten into with the sphinx who wields the Ka Stone before?

Evil_Ash
hasnt' Apoc gotten into with the sphinx who wields the Ka Stone before?

Uh, no.

I think you're confusing Sphinx with the other Egyptian Mutant, The Living Monolith.

Soljer
I dunno who to root for...

Both characters are kinda crappy...

TricksterPriest
Uh, no.

I think you're confusing Sphinx with the other Egyptian Mutant, The Living Monolith.

Who was created by, and easily one-shotted by on several occasions, you guessed it, Apocalypse. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Soljer
I dunno who to root for...

Both characters are kinda crappy...

headshotkmc

strengthkills
Don't be an idiot.

The same amount of catgirls are killed when involving human anatomy as well. Woah,I can recall you dragging physics into the WWH plenty of times.

llagrok
Originally posted by strengthkills
Woah,I can recall you dragging physics into the WWH plenty of times.

Give me a direct quote + link

Uh, no.

Living monolith, another example of someone who's supposedly the same level as Apocalypse, yet has gotten his ass kicked on every occasion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.