Master Chief vs Samus Aran

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
Yes...I went there. It's time to revisit the Games 'Versus' Forum greatest rivalry.

Spartan 117 vs Bounty Hunter Aran.

The Master Chief has MJOLNIR mark VI and Cortana. He starts the round with the Pistol(Halo: CE variant) and a Fuel Rod Cannon. He is loaded with frags, plasma and spike grenades. Every human/covenant weapon available to him in the games are spread throughout the battlefield. The new equipment gadgets(X button functionality) are included.

Samus Aran starts with her Power Suit, every visor and the standard arm canon with missile upgrade. Every other upgrade available to her in Metroid Prime is spread throughout the battlefield.

They fight in Shadow Moses.

The Books are allowed for this debate. Please keep this serious and do not flame.

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00194/Halo_2_192_194752m.jpgvshttp://www.brozoana.blogger.com.br/Samus_by_Morph.jpg

Finish the fight.

ThoraxeRMG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGZ2aohwaOM

Superboy Prime
Haloid?

Awesome animation, but unfortunately it is fanmade and has little to no credibility in an argument.

ThoraxeRMG
True

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Haloid?

Awesome animation, but unfortunately it is fanmade and has little to no credibility in an argument.

What the f**k? Why god? Why? Why in god's name would you restart this thing? It was a spite match to begin with.

Samus is so much more powerful it's not even funny. confused Hmm, bet you 5$ that Gears argues for MC. evil face

Superboy Prime
I like conflict. Besides there are stipulations in this thread that will make it much more interesting than the old generic MC vs Samus.

I used to look at it as spite, but honestly it is not spite in my eyes anymore.

Feel free to convince me otherwise.

MadMel
samus
her firepower greatly outmatches MC's

HonkyTonkMan
If Master Chief gets that friggin Green Gun and a SMG it's gameover man, gameover. But seriously, Samus gives Chief a lesson in combat. Samus has battled greater enemies than what the Chief can imagine.

Swe_Bum
Originally posted by MadMel
samus
her firepower greatly outmatches MC's Word. smokin'

Violent2Dope
Strength: I'll give it to Chief since I've never seen Samus' feats for this.

Speed: Chief for same reason.

Firepower: Samus, without a doubt. She has weapons that would freeze MC, burn MC, electricute him, and would rip him to shreds.

Versatility: Samus has way to many weapons and upgrades.

Experience: Errrrr...I'll say MC, but not by much.

Sexiness: Samus, but I still respect your opinion to disagree with me in this category Prime.

Overall, Samus would win in a good fight due to her far superior firepower.

Swe_Bum
Originally posted by Violent2Dope

Speed: Play Super Metroid and you will see Speed.

Experience: Samus. Why? Ive Seen her do more amazing things Mc Ever done.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Swe_Bum

Experience: Samus. Why? Ive Seen her do more amazing things Mc Ever done. I would but I don't own the game. Post a vid. MC was practically built for war and has been trained since he was a child. He takes experience.

Swe_Bum
I would but I don't own the game. Post a vid. MC was practically built for war and has been trained since he was a child. He takes experience. I would have.. but right now I'm to lazy

Same Goes For Samus. She's been trained By The most intelligent race in the universe, and that was from her childhood.

IceJaw
I would but I don't own the game. Post a vid. MC was practically built for war and has been trained since he was a child. He takes experience.
Super metroid Speed booster glitch, the only vid I could find
Y2293nr1hW4

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by HonkyTonkMan
If Master Chief gets that friggin Green Gun and a SMG it's gameover man, gameover. But seriously, Samus gives Chief a lesson in combat. Samus has battled greater enemies than what the Chief can imagine.

Hmm...All I have to say is that if the Master Chief gets close enough for close quarters combat Samus is in a lot of trouble.

Originally posted by MadMel
samus
her firepower greatly outmatches MC's

The bubble shield renders her firepower useless for a while. This is not a curbstomp. And I already stated none of them start with every upgrade/weapon they have.

On a sidenote the Scarab Gun > anything Samus has.

This is Metroid Prime Samus.

People should read stipulations. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I would have.. but right now I'm to lazy

Same Goes For Samus. She's been trained By The most intelligent race in the universe, and that was from her childhood.

Agreed. IMO they are both dead even in experience. They are both war machines trained since childhood.

Superboy Prime

That's a given.

I do think he's faster. However if people are doubting Master Chief's speed because of Halo's gameplay:

RhfQIQbLZz8

Firepower: Samus, without a doubt. She has weapons that would freeze MC, burn MC, electricute him, and would rip him to shreds.

I agree she has more firepower, but MC is not far behind. He can blast her with Fuel Rod Cannon; impale her with the Energy Sword, blow her up with the Rockets etc. Not to mention Samus's main weapon is her armcannon. If the MC is able to destroy it the fight is over. Also the video I provided above can manage Samus' firepower.

Versatility goes to her hands down. However the bubble shield, portable lift, shield drainer, trip mine & radar jammer are very useful. Not to mention most of Samus's upgrades are getting energy tanks.

They are dead even IMO.

Sexiness: Samus, but I still respect your opinion to disagree with me in this category Prime.

Damn right. Master Chief's rough manly one-liners > Samus' moaning and groaning.

That's a 2d game. How does it translate into her being faster than Chief? And like I said earlier this is Metroid Prime Samus.

So because you've seen Samus do amazing things MC has never done she has more experience? Great.

So now because Solid Snake has jumped on a missile while evading 2 more and also firing a rocket at a Hind D in midair Snake is more experienced than MC. Great.

Doing amazing things does not equal superior experience.

Violent2Dope
Snake is more experienced than MC, but that's a different debate.

Superboy Prime
Snake is more experienced than MC, but that's a different debate.

No he is not. And yes that's for another debate.

Violent2Dope
Yeah, someone else needs to post in this thread, cause I can't counter anything you said cause I mostly agree with it.

Superboy Prime
Don't worry. Someone is bound to come along and counter it.

StyleTime

Overall, Samus would win in a good fight due to her far superior firepower.
The problem is, Violent2Dope already hit the nail on the head for the argument.

Damn you and your sensical logic.

Someone will have to play devil's advocate to spark something. All we can really do right now is debate how much of a majority Samus can take.

General Kaliero
I'm amused you decided to revive the greatest argument in all of the vs. forums. And added stipulations that somewhat level the field, making the confrontation much more interesting. There is a flaw, however, which I shall now demonstrate.

I think Samus would edge this out, especially if her energy tanks are included in the powerups scattered around the field.

Samus' game plan (in my eyes): Samus quickly scans the area, then makes for the Morph Ball, then the closest several missile expansions, then Power Bombs. Whenever she was getting low on health, she'd grab an Energy Tank, which would not only revitalize her, but add another 100 energy to her reserves. Having all her energy tanks scattered about means she has several times more the health than she would if she started out with all of them instead. You may want to change that, because it really is an unfair advantage.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by General Kaliero
I'm amused you decided to revive the greatest argument in all of the vs. forums. And added stipulations that somewhat level the field, making the confrontation much more interesting. There is a flaw, however, which I shall now demonstrate.

I think Samus would edge this out, especially if her energy tanks are included in the powerups scattered around the field.

Samus' game plan (in my eyes): Samus quickly scans the area, then makes for the Morph Ball, then the closest several missile expansions, then Power Bombs. Whenever she was getting low on health, she'd grab an Energy Tank, which would not only revitalize her, but add another 100 energy to her reserves. Having all her energy tanks scattered about means she has several times more the health than she would if she started out with all of them instead. You may want to change that, because it really is an unfair advantage.

I see what you mean. But is it really that bad for the Chief? I mean if she leaves to get an energy tank to replenish her energy the Master Chief will get the same time to recharge his energy shield. So they would contiously start again from 0 until Samus reaches her final energy tank upgrade.

Lets see what other members think and I'll change the stipulations.

Superboy Prime
Edit.

Sorry about the double post.

shin_remy
uhm there is already a Master Chief vs Samus Thread

with a lot more pages. why is that thread not revived ?

Swe_Bum
Originally posted by shin_remy

with a lot more pages. why is that thread not revived ? It got closed by Lana, everyone was flaming each others.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by StyleTime

Someone will have to play devil's advocate to spark something. All we can really do right now is debate how much of a majority Samus can take. Yay for me!

Superboy Prime

with a lot more pages. why is that thread not revived ?

Because the other one was closed by Lana. Halo 3 & Metroid Prime 3 are near release as well, so IMO it's only logical to revive this rivalry in anticipation of what's to come.

Originally posted by StyleTime

Someone will have to play devil's advocate to spark something. All we can really do right now is debate how much of a majority Samus can take.

Nice way of pussying your way out of a debate StyleTime durfist

I'll spark something...the Bubble Shield forces Samus to engage Master Chief in close quarters combat. Once she does she's dead meat.

Yes...I went there.

*Runs for cover*

shin_remy
Because the other one was closed by Lana. Halo 3 & Metroid Prime 3 are near release as well, so IMO it's only logical to revive this rivalry in anticipation of what's to come.

---

Nice way of pussying your way out of a debate StyleTime durfist

hysterical

?

Swe_Bum already said that and what do you mean with

''Nice way of pussying your way out of a debate StyleTime '' ? is this against me?

Superboy Prime
?

Swe_Bum already said that and what do you mean with

I revived the thread. I decided to state my reasons for reviving the thread.

?
''Nice way of pussying your way out of a debate StyleTime '' ? is this against me?

Did you see Shin_Remy anywhere in that sentence? I think not. dur

shin_remy
Did you see Shin_Remy anywhere in that sentence? I think not. dur

ooh shiit i readed it wrong my mistake, it was for Styletime

sorry smokin'

Violent2Dope
I'll spark something...the Bubble Shield forces Samus to engage Master Chief in close quarters combat. Once she does she's dead meat.

Yes...I went there.

*Runs for cover* Or Samus could stand back and wait til it runs out.big grin

Superboy Prime
Or Samus could stand back and wait til it runs out.big grin

And she would know this because?

Superboy Prime
ooh shiit i readed it wrong my mistake, it was for Styletime

sorry smokin'

No problem-a. wink

Violent2Dope
And she would know this because? Well she can't really H2H him anyway as she wouldn't be able to get in the shield so she'd take cover. Samus could also scan it to know how it works. So yeah, she'd know.

Superboy Prime
I knew about the scanner. Was being annoying robot

And yes it's possible for her to get in the shield. Warthogs and Spartans/Elites/etc. can get in and out of the shield. What can't get past it both(inside and out) is firepower.

I'll give Samus the credit she deserves. She is not stupid. She will realize that if he engages Master Chief in close quarters he is pretty much dead. However the Chief on the other hand will try his best to engage her in CQC. With Cortana backing the Chief up it's possible they can develop a strategy to get her close enough for the kill.

Violent2Dope
I knew about the scanner. Was being annoying robot

And yes it's possible for her to get in the shield. Warthogs and Spartans/Elites/etc. can get in and out of the shield. What can't get past it both(inside and out) is firepower.

I'll give Samus the credit she deserves. She is not stupid. She will realize that if he engages Master Chief in close quarters he is pretty much dead. I wouldn't engage a 7 foot giant either. She would scan the crap out of MC and his arsenal to learn everything about him, he can't replicate that.

Superboy Prime
I wouldn't engage a 7 foot giant either. She would scan the crap out of MC and his arsenal to learn everything about him, he can't replicate that.

Yes he can. In fact he can do it better than her. Cortana would do it herself while the Chief combats her. If Samus scans him she will leave herself vulnerable for a moment--although it's been a couple of years since I played MP so I might be a little off.

Case in point Master Chief can analize Samus Aran via Cortana.

Violent2Dope
Yes he can. In fact he can do it better than her. Cortana would do it herself while the Chief combats her. If Samus scans him she will leave herself vulnerable for a moment--although it's been a couple of years since I played MP so I might be a little off.

Case in point Master Chief can analize Samus Aran via Cortana. Wouldn't he need to download Cortana to do that? And scanning is a short and simple process that would not leave her open, if it did it would only be a second, the info she scans is downloaded into her brain instantly.

Superboy Prime
Wouldn't he need to download Cortana to do that? And scanning is a short and simple process that would not leave her open, if it did it would only be a second, the info she scans is downloaded into her brain instantly.

I stated in the first post that Master Chief has Cortana for this match.

Do you guys even read the intros?

Violent2Dope
He has Cortana for this match.

God do you guys even read the intros? No I mean wouldn't he need to download Cortana into Samus' suit to scan her?

Superboy Prime
No I mean wouldn't he need to download Cortana into Samus' suit to scan her?

No.

Violent2Dope
Then how does she do it? Does she just observe Samus and analyze, cause that seems less effective than Samus' scan.

Superboy Prime
Samus's scan is the same thing. How can you say it's less effective? What does Samus's scan really do? Observe and identify weaknesses. Nothing more. Same goes for Cortana. Only thing is Cortana has the capacity to develop an entire strategy from it while Samus simply learns weak points.

Edit: I ain't downplaying Samus's scan. It's dangerous because of Samus's strategic mind and cunning, but alas the point I'm trying to make is the Chief only needs to focus on the fighting while Cortana does the thinking. Which IMO is more effective.

Violent2Dope
Samus's scan is the same thing. How can you say it's less effective? What does Samus's scan really do? Observe and identify weaknesses. Nothing more. Same goes for Cortana. Only thing is Cortana has the capacity to develop an entire strategy from it while Samus simply learns weak points.

Edit: I ain't downplaying Samus's scan. It's dangerous because of Samus's strategic mind and cunning, but alas the point I'm trying to make is the Chief only needs to focus on the fighting while Cortana does the thinking. Which IMO is more effective. Samus' scan scans EVERYTHING that she would need to know about it.

Superboy Prime
Cortana could accomplish the same task. In fact the longer the fight takes place the better it gets for the Chief and Cortana. And even if Samus was to learn everything about the Chief; Cortana would realize Samus knows his moves and inmediately order him to change his tactics.

And lets take into consideration what she can gather. She will learn that the Chief is extremely durable with his armor, that he has rechargable shields--which would be highlited as a weakpoint by the scan--and that he boasts superhuman physical attributes. It's not like Samus will inmediately know Master Chief's battle plan, background and fighting capacity.

Also Cortana is resourceful enough. The moment Samus' uses a new gadget is the moment Cortana inmediately analizes it.

BTW the scan manages to analize everything Samus needs to know...by just watching. Cortana can do the very same thing and also give him strategies to get around her.

Violent2Dope
Cortana could accomplish the same task. In fact the longer the fight takes place the better it gets for the Chief and Cortana. And even if Samus was to learn everything about the Chief; Cortana would realize Samus knows his moves and inmediately order him to change his tactics.

And lets take into consideration what she can gather. She will learn that the Chief is extremely durable with his armor, that he has rechargable shields--which would be highlited as a weakpoint by the scan--and that he boasts superhuman physical attributes. It's not like Samus will inmediately know Master Chief's battle plan, background and fighting capacity.

Also Cortana is resourceful enough. The moment Samus' uses a new gadget is the moment Cortana inmediately analizes it. Samus can scan Chief and all his weapons with one scan. In fact with this scan she'd also learn everything there is to know about Spartans, not just MC.

Superboy Prime
She can't scan him with all his weapons at once. You're vastly over exagerating because for starters he can't wield every weapon at once. She wouldn't know everything about Spartans. You're, again, exagerating. It's not like the scan will suddenly pop out the Fall of Reach book and download it into her brain.

BlaxicanHydra
I'm not even going to read the post. I've said a billion times over a thousand pages and I guess I'll say it again.

Samus. Pawns. Master Chief. Terribly.

Nothing you say or do will change that besides limiting Samus to only one weapon or something. Game, set, match.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
I'm not even going to read the post. I've said a billion times over a thousand pages and I guess I'll say it again.

Nothing you say or do will change that besides limiting Samus to only one weapon or something. Game, set, match.

Be gone fanboy. No need for you here.

BlaxicanHydra
Whatever, call me whatever you want. Point is, Samus wins. And your right, I'm not needed here. Anyone with half a brain can see the obvious here. her victory is assured.

Violent2Dope
That wasn't very nice Prime...

Superboy Prime
Implying I have half a brain is not nice.

Now please stop posting here. You're probably one of the reasons the original thread was closed to begin with.

That wasn't very nice Prime...

His post made it crystal clear he is a fanboy.

I will not read any stipulations. SAMUS PAWNS TERRIBLY and it does not matter if she's crippled on a wheelchair. ALL HAIL SAMUS

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hmm, bet you 5$ that Gears argues for MC. evil face Who was the one who argued for Geese against Bankotsu? Yeah.

Violent2Dope
Guys come on. No flaming.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
Who was the one who argued for Geese against Bankotsu? Yeah.

I understand replying because you were called out...but do mind that I do not want this to go the same path as the old thread.

Guys come on. No flaming.

Co-sign.

Why can't people simply debate?

V2D and I don't always agree...but hey we don't start calling each other out in every thread ever made.

Violent2Dope
Yeah, debating is supposed to be fun.smile

TricksterPriest
This match is still retarded. Samus can stock up and just get all her energy tanks and powerups, which will once again, give her the superior shielding and firepower. Not to mention close combat won't help. Samus will just use the morph ball and drop a power bomb. Or she could use the grapple beam to short out MC's weapons. Or grab his weapons from him ala Metroid Prime 3.

MC scanning Samus? haermm Zebesian space pirates had years to scan and analyze Samus Aran's power suit and they STILL haven't figured it out. They were barely able to reverse-engineer some of her weapons. Not to mention her tech is far superior to MC's.

I wouldn't give MC a prayer in hell of beating Ridley, Kraid, Thardus, Omega Pirate or any of the major bosses she fought.

BlaxicanHydra
Neg. I simply implied that it's obvious that Samus will win. Look around you, Prime. Look at the poll, and everyone's posts. NO one so far as stated that Master Chief will win? Why do you think this is?

If by going for twenty rounds with someone who actually admitted that he was a fanboy and was arguing only because he didn't want to see MC lose then yes, I did contribute to to the thread being closed.

Stating the truth isn't fanboyish. Feel free to look up the definition of a fanboy before making accusations. And for your information, I did read the first post, it's called sarcasm. You can read up on that on Wikipedia once your done referencing fanboy.

Guilty Gear
Priest seems to like calling people out, especially the ones he holds grudges against. Notice how he mentioned my name and Sado's in Prime's thread and said that if we were banned the games forum would be a much better place. hysterical

Violent2Dope
You don't even think he can beat Omega Pirate?

BlaxicanHydra
This match is still retarded. Samus can stock up and just get all her energy tanks and powerups, which will once again, give her the superior shielding and firepower. Not to mention close combat won't help. Samus will just use the morph ball and drop a power bomb. Or she could use the grapple beam to short out MC's weapons. Or grab his weapons from him ala Metroid Prime 3.

MC scanning Samus? haermm Zebesian space pirates had years to scan and analyze Samus Aran's power suit and they STILL haven't figured it out. They were barely able to reverse-engineer some of her weapons. Not to mention her tech is far superior to MC's.

I wouldn't give MC a prayer in hell of beating Ridley, Kraid, Thardus, Omega Pirate or any of the major bosses she fought.

Thank you, sir. I've already spent multiple pages proving exactly why the "Cortana scan" wouldn't work anyway. She can't scan things she's never seen before. The only reason she was able to scan Covenent and Forerunner things is because she has a translation program installed in her.

Violent2Dope
Really? Awesome BH, thanks for helping out my case!big grin If what you say is true Samus' scan is far superior to MC's.

Superboy Prime

Thanks for the output. If she turns into morphball she kicks her a fair distance away from him. durlaugh I doubt the power bomb will do him in considering he was hit by an energy missile/beam thing in the Halo 3 1st TV ad and survived.

How will shorting out his weapons with the grapple beam work? Would she need to touch them with it?

And? Master Chief & Cortana do not want to duplicate her powersuit. What they need is to analize her combat data/capabilities.

That does not mean anything at all. He's fighting Samus, not Ridley Kraid, etc. etc. etc.

Guilty Gear
I've read the stipulations, and although I'm not an expert on either of the two I'm going to say Samus would more than likely win. However if the Chief can use any covenant weapon, meaning the FRC and/or the Energy Sword he could very well kill or vaporize Samus in this fight.

Sandai Kitetsu

Co-sign.

Why can't people simply debate?

V2D and I don't always agree...but hey we don't start calling each other out in every thread ever made.

Reminds me of my relationship with Sado. We never agree, but get along fine.

Violent2Dope
One thing I'll admit, if he gets in close with the Energy Sword it's all over for Samus.

Superboy Prime
I've read the stipulations, and although I'm not an expert on either of the two I'm going to say Samus would more than likely win. However if the Chief can use any covenant weapon, meaning the FRC and/or the Energy Sword he could very well kill or vaporize Samus in this fight.

Thank you. People apparentely forget he does start the round with the Fuel Rod Cannon.

BlaxicanHydra

Energy Sword would only help for awhile. Samus has so much health she could basically live forever, though. Think of Link with like 99 hearts. FRC is zilch as well. She could take more damage then he can. A fully charged atatck from her gun would, at the keast, vapourize his shielding, one more and he would be dead erm

Sandai Kitetsu
One thing I'll admit, if he gets in close with the Energy Sword it's all over for Samus.
Can't she counter with screw attack? shrug

Think of Link with like 99 hearts.

That's a game mecahnic, though.

Violent2Dope
Energy Sword would only help for awhile. Samus has so much health she could basically live forever, though. Think of Link with like 99 hearts. Really the whole Energy Tank thing is kinda stupid, we have no way of knowing if she really got those, as they are not needed to beat the game and could just be a gameplay mechanic to make the later stages of the game easier.

BlaxicanHydra
Possibly, or it might not. Though I think one of her manuals does state that the energy tansk are part of her suit. So they wouldn't be a GM.

Violent2Dope
Yeah, the energy tanks are part of her suit, but only ingame does she get an ungodly amount.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
Can't she counter with screw attack? shrug

She would, but you see this is her Metroid Prime version. The screw attack is not part of her arsenal in it.

Energy Sword would only help for awhile. Samus has so much health she could basically live forever, though. Think of Link with like 99 hearts. FRC is zilch as well. She could take more damage then he can. A fully charged atatck from her gun would, at the keast, vapourize his shielding, one more and he would be dead erm

With the rechargable energy shield I could argue Master Chief could go around forever, but you don't see me going that far.

IMO although Samus has a dozen plus energy tanks they can in fact be depleted. Now the chief can recharge his shield.

It isn't as one-side as you guys believe.

BlaxicanHydra
Yeah, the energy tanks are part of her suit, but only ingame does she get an ungodly amount.

We don't know that, though.

Here's what I would do to make this thread fair.

Master Chief vs. Samus

Master Chief can use... a battle rifle and a shotgun, and he has maxed sticky grenades and frags. His other weapons are spread throughout the map.

Samus has ONLY her default arm cannon, and morph ball. She also only has one energy tank's worth of armor.

Guilty Gear
Energy Sword would only help for awhile. Samus has so much health she could basically live forever, though. Think of Link with like 99 hearts. FRC is zilch as well. She could take more damage then he can. A fully charged atatck from her gun would, at the keast, vapourize his shielding, one more and he would be dead erm Health and energy bars in-game is a retarded game mechanic if you may've not noticed yet. Link not getting killed or decapitated after being swung at by a sword for the fact that his health hasn't reached zero explains that enough. If Samus's suit isn't resistant to plasma (which I'm sure it isn't) she's going to get halved or vaporized if she gets hit by the Energy Sword or the FRC. The same would happen vice versa if Samus used plasma-based weapons against Master Chief. Then they have their shields which could protect them for a while. Show me proof that her energy shields are superior to MC's, not to mention with overshields (if MC gets them) he gets more protection than he normally does.

Violent2Dope

Master Chief vs. Samus

Master Chief can use... a battle rifle and a shotgun, and he has maxed sticky grenades and frags. His other weapons are spread throughout the map.

Samus has ONLY her default arm cannon, and morph ball. She also only has one energy tank's worth of armor. With those stipulations Samus would lose in a curbstomp.

BlaxicanHydra
Do I have to?

Sandai Kitetsu
Isn't cheif's sheild susceptable to laser based projectiles?

BlaxicanHydra
With those stipulations Samus would lose in a curbstomp.

It would be more fair that way.

BlaxicanHydra
Isn't cheif's sheild susceptable to laser based projectiles?

Chief's shields are susseptable to everything. The wind blowing too hard might ripple them.

no expression

Violent2Dope
No it wouldn't. MC is not as far behind Samus as you think, he's her physical superior, and the only reason she wins is her ungodly firepower.

BlaxicanHydra
No it wouldn't. MC is not as far behind Samus as you think, he's her physical superior, and the only reason she wins is her ungodly firepower.

Twas a joke, man.

Violent2Dope
I was referring to the post before the last one you made.

Superboy Prime

Master Chief vs. Samus

Samus has ONLY her default arm cannon, and morph ball. She also only has one energy tank's worth of armor.

That's basically the stipulations; only she can get her upgrades that are spread throughout the map. It stands to reason MC would want to keep her from getting them. I left it open-ended IMO. The fight can go either if you have enough imagination to come up with varying scenarios.

Also I gave her the missile upgrade thing to counter Master Chief's start with the Fueld Rod Cannon & plasma/spike/frag grenades.

Guilty Gear
Chief's shields are susseptable to everything. The wind blowing too hard might ripple them.

no expression Wtf? laughing

Superboy Prime
What really messes Master Chief's shields is Plasma weaponry. In fact as part of Halo's gameplay the covenant(plasma based weapons) drain the energy shield as a pro. And somehow they suck at actually killing the Chief when he has no shield.

BlaxicanHydra

Also I gave her the missile upgrade thing to counter Master Chief's start with the Fueld Rod Cannon & plasma/spike/frag grenades.

Samus' missles move twice as fast as the ones in Hallo (Well, in Halo:CE) and are completely homing. Plus she can use them at mid-ranges as well. The FRC is only truly accurate at short-ranges. the fact that it has to arc makes it hard to use at a distance.

Superboy Prime
Neg. I simply implied that it's obvious that Samus will win. Look around you, Prime. Look at the poll, and everyone's posts. NO one so far as stated that Master Chief will win? Why do you think this is?

If by going for twenty rounds with someone who actually admitted that he was a fanboy and was arguing only because he didn't want to see MC lose then yes, I did contribute to to the thread being closed.

Stating the truth isn't fanboyish. Feel free to look up the definition of a fanboy before making accusations. And for your information, I did read the first post, it's called sarcasm. You can read up on that on Wikipedia once your done referencing fanboy.

See? You did state "I'm not even going to read the post."

That's exactly what lead me to call you out as a fanboy. You said you wouldn't even read it. What am I supposed to think?

Superboy Prime
Samus' missles move twice as fast as the ones in Hallo (Well, in Halo:CE) and are completely homing. Plus she can use them at mid-ranges as well. The FRC is only truly accurate at short-ranges. the fact that it has to arc makes it hard to use at a distance.

The Fuel Rod Cannon's rate of fire is extremely fast. It carries a lot of ammo and the larger the distance the larger the exlposion's blast ratio.

At close distance it's dangerous because he can spam opponents with numerous powerful blasts. At a long distance he can potentially level the battlefield.

BlaxicanHydra
See? You did state "I'm not even going to read the post."

That's exactly what lead me to call you out as a fanboy. You said you wouldn't even read it. What am I supposed to think?

I already said that was me being sarcastic erm

Superboy Prime
I already said that was me being sarcastic erm

Good, but you are aware sarcasm is hard to read on the internet. And at the time of me calling you out as a fanboy you had not stated you were being sarcastic.

I apologize for jumping the gun, but you have to admit it isn't entirely my fault.

BlaxicanHydra
The Fuel Rod Cannon's rate of fire is extremely fast. It carries a lot of ammo and the larger the distance the larger the explosion's blast ratio.

At close distance it's dangerous because he can spam opponents with numerous powerful blasts. At a long distance he can potentially level the battlefield.

It has a high rate of fire but it overheats quickly. And as for the distance I guess ti depends on the location. Any cover she has will disable that option. Btw is there a difference between the CE and Halo 2 versions of the Fuel rod?

BlaxicanHydra
Good, but you are aware sarcasm is hard to read on the internet. And at the time of me calling you out as a fanboy you had not stated you were being sarcastic.

I apologize for jumping the gun, but you have to admit it isn't entirely my fault.

No, thats 'it. I want a divorce.

Superboy Prime
It has a high rate of fire but it overheats quickly. And as for the distance I guess ti depends on the location. Any cover she has will disable that option. Btw is there a difference between the CE and Halo 2 versions of the Fuel rod?

Huh? The Fuel Rod Cannon does not overheat at all. It simply runs out of ammo in which case the Chief quickly reloads--in Halo 2 anyways. That's the version the Chief is using.

There is a difference, but I forgot about them. In Halo 2's campaign the FRC doesn't ark as much as in CE. Part of the reason they kept it out of Halo 2's multiplayer. It was vastly overpowered.

BlaxicanHydra
Okay, thats the difference then.

In Halo:CE the FRC didn't have ammo. It had a battery pack, so it overheated.

Violent2Dope
FRC could cause problems for Samus, but it doesn't carry alot of ammo and I think she'd be able to dodge it's shots til it's out.

Superboy Prime
Okay, thats the difference then.

In Halo:CE the FRC didn't have ammo. It had a battery pack, so it overheated.

Interesting. Was the FRC available in Halo:CE for the xbox? Because I don't remember ever using it. I think it was a PC thing only, but then again I could be wrong with all of Bungie's easter eggs.

Superboy Prime
FRC could cause problems for Samus, but it doesn't carry alot of ammo and I think she'd be able to dodge it's shots til it's out.

It carries a lot of ammo, dude. Too much ammo in fact for it's power, speed and quick reload.

With that said I am not denying Samus the possibility of dodging it until Chief runs out of ammo.

BlaxicanHydra
I didn't buy an X-Box till last September, so I had halo:CE for the computer, and you could use the FRC online in it. In blood gulch and a few other levels.

Superboy Prime
I didn't buy an X-Box till last September, so I had halo:CE for the computer, and you could use the FRC online in it. In blood gulch and a few other levels.

Then I'm right. I don't remember ever using it on the Xbox.

Violent2Dope
How much ammo did FRC have Prime?

BlaxicanHydra
yeah I think that gun and the Flamethrower (Most leet weapon ever) were Halo PC exclusives.

Violent2Dope
Silly fool, the handcannon was the most L33T weapon ever.

BlaxicanHydra
yeah it was... the Flamethrower was le sex at triple kills though.

Superboy Prime
Mancannon for the win.

The manly leet factor of the weapon is simply...full of testosterone.

As for the FRC it has 5-6 shots per clip, and MC can carry enough clips to have 25 shots, or more. But I may be a bit off since I haven't played campaign in a while and wikipedia is being lame.

BlaxicanHydra
driving off the mancannon in a mongoose is fun.

Superboy Prime
I wonder if MC would be able to slice Samus's armcannon off with the energy sword; or if he could tear it apart with his own hands.

driving off the mancannon in a mongoose is fun.

Oh yeah it ****ing is. I remember doing the custom game glitch on the beta and attempting to mancannon the Wraith...so many attempts without success. *Sniff*

Superboy Prime
How exactly does Samus's suit work?

Do the energy tanks provide her with energy to power the suit?

Kind of obvious but I still want to make sure.

Edit: I forgot about the Spartan laser. It's very nasty.

Like I said in the first page...this is not spite anymore. The Master Chief, as of Halo 3, has new weapons and gadgets that make the fight more even.

Superboy Prime
The new X-button functionality equipment for Halo3 http://www.bungie.net/images/News/InlineImages2007/Halo3BetaGuide/equipment.jpg

1. The Bubble Shield is an instant field-based energy shield that prevents the rapid transition of energy or percussion weapon rounds. Its spherical shape is large enough to protect a small group, but users, or more importantly, enemy troops, can pass through it on foot or in vehicles. It contains as well as deflects fire and explosions, so be careful what you do while inside the confines of a bubble shield.

2. The Portable Lift is a simply gravity field device that emits a column of directed anti-gravity force – a Covenant technology whose physics may be borrowed from Forerunner scavenging. This device is a simple but effective means of giving materiel or troops a quick vertical lift, occasionally out of harm’s way.

3. The Power Drainer is a short-range magnetic induction effect causes disastrous failure of powered field systems within a set radius. Designed primarily to interfere with common varieties of field-based shielding and power generation. It also has a damaging effect on biological systems and can wound or kill most bipeds. Basically, if you see it, or even hear it, get away quick.

4. The Trip Mine simple proximity mine that reacts to pressure or movement. It has a slight magnetic impulse that will attach it to vehicles, turning them into deadly traps, or it can be placed on the ground to take care of careless interlopers. The mine has two states – inactive and active – learning to see and hear the difference can be a matter of life or death. Deploying it automatically sets its status to "active" and therefore deadly. It can also be planted and activated at a distance by shooting or otherwise destroying it.

Spartan Laser
03bWQUy1Vds

BlaxicanHydra
I think the the energy takes are what provide her with energy as well as her armors durability. I think the more tanks she has the the more durable her armor becomes, hence why with max energy tanks she becomes near godly.

EDIT:

As for the things you listed, the only things that would actually be helpful would be the power drain and bubble shield. The bubble shield would only help to prevent any near deaths he has, though.

Superboy Prime
Portable lift can help get out of harm's way. It can also help him tackle Samus if she wanders too far with with her rocket boots. Even the trip mine is useful given how it can magnetically attach itself to Samus.

So yes every gadget can be useful if used properly. It shouldn't be simply discarded because you found it not useful. When I played the beta I originally thought the equipment was a waste of time...but what do you know after having desperation and resourcefulness kick in they proved to be great assets that could turn the battle in my favor...or against me when someone else used them.

BlaxicanHydra
Why would the mine magnetically attach itself to Samus but not to Master Chief? Last I checked magnets don't discriminate 131

I imagine the lift would be most helpful if the Chief were in a tight spot, but at the same time if his shields were down he wouldn't have enough time to jump on to it anyway. Not too mention Samus isn't limited to shooting at the ground. That one level with the big mancannon that I liek to jump out of shows that when airborn your very vulnerable.

Superboy Prime
Because it activates once he throws it, genius.

And yes...I don't mean to say Master Chief wins every single round with them. I just wish to incorporate the fact they can be useful in combat and they add a layer of versatility to the Chief that he did not have before.

BlaxicanHydra
Yeah but he can only throw it like 2 feet. The resulting explosion would them both.

Superboy Prime
Yeah but he can only throw it like 2 feet. The resulting explosion would kill them both.

Gameplay mechanic and you know it. I doubt something that small would actually make him struggle to throw it far.

Imagine being able to throw those mines as if they were frag grenades. It wouldn't be pretty.

BlaxicanHydra
We don't know that. Maybe he can't throw it that far because the magnets already on 313

Okay silly explanation. Moving on...

Fine, dammit. The mine is useful *kicks a rock*

But it'd have to be a hell of a shot. There's only one per level and he'd have to throw it pretty darn accurately, not too mention she can move fast and is maneuverable too.

SpadeKing
not another one weep

Superboy Prime
We don't know that. Maybe he can't throw it that far because the magnets already on 313

Okay silly explanation. Moving on...

Fine, dammit. The mine is useful *kicks a rock*

But it'd have to be a hell of a shot. There's only one per level and he'd have to throw it pretty darn accurately, not too mention she can move fast and is maneuverable too.

Agreed. It will be one hell of a shot, but he can pull it off. Not saying he will be able to do it every time though. Because like you said Samus can move fast and is maneuverable too.

Originally posted by SpadeKing
not another one weep

dur

This one's a bit different though.

BlaxicanHydra
I prayed you wouldn't see the thread

no expression

I pray harder Liquid_Fire doesn't see it ermm

Superboy Prime

no expression

Is that MC fan that debated for the sake of debating?

SpadeKing

no expression

I thought he left huh

maybe I should find him and notify him that the books are use-able in this debate hmm

BlaxicanHydra
NOEZ!

I will kill you before you do!

Superboy Prime
Is he that bad...?

BlaxicanHydra

That's Liquid_Fire.

Sandai Kitetsu
That's Liquid_Fire.

Reminds me of someone on KMC.

Superboy Prime
That's Liquid_Fire.

Spare us his pressence then. Being stubborn in debates is one thing...but when you accept defeat and still go at it for the sake of doing so...well that's a new level of fanatism.

This wasn't necessary. Last thing this thread needs is he countering you and starting yet another brawl.

SpadeKing
NOEZ!

I will kill you before you do!

evillaugh

That's Liquid_Fire.

and that thread also resulted in my first warning of racism against my own kind disgust

anyway in honor of liquid fire, chief wins no expression

SpadeKing
Spare us his pressence then. Being stubborn in debates is one thing...but when you accept defeat and still go at it for the sake of doing so...well that's a new level of fanatism.

This wasn't necessary. Last thing this thread needs is he countering you and starting yet another brawl.

I think he kept it going for like 100s of pages

BlaxicanHydra

no expression

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=75111

Superboy Prime

and that thread also resulted in my first warning of racism against my own kind disgust

anyway in honor of liquid fire, chief wins no expression

Pussy way out for the win.

Yay StyleTime has a buddy to keep him company in pussylaia.

BlaxicanHydra
disgust

haha I remember that.

You racist monkey!

Superboy Prime
By the way Blaxican what are your thoughts on the Spartan Laser?

SpadeKing
haha I remember that.

You racist monkey!

fine be that way, I'm joining the klan!

Sandai Kitetsu
Pussy way out for the win.

Yay StyleTime has a buddy to keep him company in pussylaia.

What do you mean prime?

Superboy Prime
What do you mean prime?

That wasn't directed at you. Just taking a shot at my pal StyleTime. And I am merely throwing heat to get more people to debate durfist

BRB though going to buy some cigs.

BlaxicanHydra
By the way Blaxican what are your thoughts on the Spartan Laser?

If your not in a vehicle you have to be a noob or get surprised to die by it. It's pretty strong, but the warm-up time is a *****.

Sandai Kitetsu
That wasn't directed at you. Just taking a shot at my pal StyleTime. And I am merely throwing heat to get more people to debate durfist

BRB though going to buy some cigs.

No, I know it wasn't directed to me just askin' about what it translate to and stuff. Infact, PM me for sec. smile

Superboy Prime
Yeah. However it can be a ***** sometimes...if you fail to kill the Spartan dude in time...well oh shit.

I also love the way it can own Snipers.

BlaxicanHydra
I love your mouth.

Superboy Prime
The Plasma Pistol has the same effect as the Power Drainer in Halo 3...

Go noob combo! durfist

Violent2Dope
Reminds me of someone on KMC. Rather unnecessary, and we all know who you're talkin about, just quit man. Lately YOU'VE been the one instigating him.

Superboy Prime
By the way V2D and Blaxican...I love you guys for actually debating with me instead of just voicing "Samus PWNS ROFL LOLZ" True I had to stab Blaxican...but that's just the way my mate is...he likes it rough.

group

Violent2Dope
By the way V2D and Blaxican...I love you guys for actually debating with me instead of just voicing "Samus PWNS ROFL LOLZ" True I had to stab Blaxican...but that's just the way my mate is...he likes it rough.

group kisses

Sandai Kitetsu
Rather unnecessary, and we all know who you're talkin about, just quit man. Lately YOU'VE been the one instigating him.

Just followin the trend.

BlaxicanHydra
Yes, I like it hard. The secret is out.

Violent2Dope
Just followin the trend. You two should kisses and make up.

TricksterPriest

group

I've been debating........ sad

BlaxicanHydra
No one likes you though smile

SpadeKing
what about me!?! black man just said he is gonna join the clan! no controversy!? jeez disgust

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>