Alan Moore's Watchmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cradilla
I heard they were making a movie of the really awesome graphic novel, Watchmen by Alan Moore. Just want to know if this was true and if any one knows anything about it. big grin

Kazenji
Yep i do and Zack snyder is directing the same guy who did Dawn of the dead remake and 300.

roughrider
Originally posted by Cradilla
I heard they were making a movie of the really awesome graphic novel, Watchmen by Alan Moore. Just want to know if this was true and if any one knows anything about it. big grin

There have been threads about this for years, in Comic Book Movies.
The film has been cast, shooting starts in a month. Afetr twenty years of torturous development, it's finally happening.

Etrigan
I'm really not looking forward to this. I completely fail to see how they could possibly capture the emotional and visual feel of the graphic novel in a film.

Zebedee
It will be a disaster and as usual Moore will distance himself from his imagination turned into moving pictures. Snyder may be able to get a hack like Millers work to the masses, although I hated Sin City as a film with a vegence (great graphic novel though, go figure), he will not capture the qualities of Moores work at all.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Zach Snyder will turn this into a hit film.

TheNinjaMaster
I saw Zach at Comicon and they did an in depth panel about Watchmen. It looks like it's going to pretty awesome, although I share the skepticism about how a comic comprised largely of internal thoughts will translate to the screen. Lots of voice overs maybe?

As long as I get to see Rorschach on screen, it can't be that bad.

Victor Von Doom
Probably disastrous, but here's hoping.

DoomsdayClock
I think the movie has the potential to be very good if its done right. I thonk Zack Snyder can do a good job. Ifa anyone wants to find out more about the movie and comic, check out watchmencomicmovie.com

big gay kirk
As i have said for twenty odd years... it should have been done as a twelve x one-hour episode anime.... by the Japanese.. they are probably the only people i would trust not to turn it into some american gung ho flag waver... no offence to any americans.. i've nothing against you, just the political bent of some of your money hungry film people...

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by big gay kirk
As i have said for twenty odd years... it should have been done as a twelve x one-hour episode anime.... by the Japanese.. they are probably the only people i would trust not to turn it into some american gung ho flag waver... no offence to any americans.. i've nothing against you, just the political bent of some of your money hungry film people...

I'd actually be quite disappointed with a 12 hour anime version of this. Watchmen + Japanese animation = sick

Victor Von Doom
Indeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.