Waverider v Stardust

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
thoughts?

Utrigita
stardust from Marvel herald of Galactus???

guy222
Originally posted by leonidas
thoughts?

prolly waverider

Avalonofthewind
Waverider.

leonidas
that was my thought too . . .

nvrbeenwthagirl
that was my thought too . . .
Wave Rider is hard to fight against. Silver Surfer lvl Like power and those Time powers. he's like the time gem in the hands of Silver surfer.

leonidas
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Wave Rider is hard to fight against. Silver Surfer lvl Like power and those Time powers. he's like the time gem in the hands of Silver surfer.

interesting. what are some of his more recent (or past) feats that you know about?

nvrbeenwthagirl
interesting. what are some of his more recent (or past) feats that you know about?

He was able to pluck Superman out of the time stream in the man of tomorrow. He threw doomsday into entropy. In countdown, he's called the seer of hypertime, So I'm guessing something with him is coming up. he stopped time to talk about superman's death. I dont 'remember if it was in the actual DOS or in a side book. And Extant actually used him to boost up his own powers or somethign like that. it's been along while since i even saw those books.

Endless Mike
He got owned by Skeets (Mr. Mind in disguise)

Smurf's Martian
a thread where a character deals with his addiction to stardust. interesting. I will ponder on this or wait for master smurf to arrive

Surfer's Rules

He has energy and matter manipulation on pa with Surfer? Why even bother asking for proof?

Smurf's Martian
Ziggy Stardust wins. smile

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Considering Mr.Mind then went on to threaten the multi-verse that's hardly a knock against him.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Considering Mr.Mind then went on to threaten the multi-verse that's hardly a knock against him.

But he wasn't that powerful yet at that point

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Skeets was made from waverider with the same abilities and was powered by a multiverse eating alien.

I'd say that gave Skeets the advantage.

leonidas
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Skeets was made from waverider with the same abilities and was powered by a multiverse eating alien.

shock

i'd say . . .

Avalonofthewind
shock
Skeets revealed that as he killed Waverider. smile

i'd say . . .

And you'd be correct in saying it. eek!

Skeets
I'd say that gave Skeets the advantage.
Skeets agrees....herbnone

illadelph12

Just a question:

Considering that Mr. Mind was masquerading as Skeets, coupled with the other inaccurate statements that Mr. Mind made, on panel, in regards to events in that time stream (which he attributed to "malfunctioning" since he was pretending to be Skeets), do you think it's really wise to take that statement (Skeets being made from Waverider's skin) as 100% accurate, as well as extrapolate that Skeets has the same abilities as Waverider, based on that statement by Mr. Mind? It could have simply been Mr. Mind boasting, and nothing shown on panel really substantiates it.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by illadelph12
Just a question:

Considering that Mr. Mind was masquerading as Skeets, coupled with the other inaccurate statements that Mr. Mind made, on panel, in regards to events in that time stream (which he attributed to "malfunctioning" since he was pretending to be Skeets), do you think it's really wise to take that statement (Skeets being made from Waverider's skin) as 100% accurate, as well as extrapolate that Skeets has the same abilities as Waverider, based on that statement by Mr. Mind? It could have simply been Mr. Mind boasting, and nothing shown on panel really substantiates it.

Actually......though it may be an alternate future, we saw Waverider's body, minus it's skin. scared Not to mention the temporally resistant alloy makes sense if you consider the source material.

illadelph12
Which equates to Skeets having all of Waverider's abilities how?

King_Mungi
Even before he "hatched" the Skeets absorbed the entire Phantom Zone into his being. Now that's impressive.

illadelph12
But it wasn't Skeets, it was Mr. Mind co-opting Skeets body and pretending to be Skeets.

King_Mungi
But it wasn't Skeets, it was Mr. Mind co-opting Skeets body and pretending to be Skeets.

I know that hence why I said "hatch", and it was the same "Skeets" that defeated Wave Rider. So what's the point?

Juntai
He was able to pluck Superman out of the time stream in the man of tomorrow. He threw doomsday into entropy. In countdown, he's called the seer of hypertime, So I'm guessing something with him is coming up. he stopped time to talk about superman's death. I dont 'remember if it was in the actual DOS or in a side book. And Extant actually used him to boost up his own powers or somethign like that. it's been along while since i even saw those books.
Superman with a motherbox and timebands threw Doomsday into Entropy while Waverider was destroyed. Waverider pulled himself back together at some point, and just met them in the timestream at the end of time, and rescued Superman.

The stopping time wasn't in DOS, it was in Legacy of Superman, or Superman Legacy, whichever it is.

Extant didn't use him to amp his powers, Manarch/Hank Hall used him to become Extant.

And unless they bring him back again he died during 52, but it's also not a stretch because its not the first time he's died. Another him could always just pop out of the timestream, or pull himself back together or something.

Surfer's Rules
Originally posted by Juntai
Superman with a motherbox and timebands threw Doomsday into Entropy while Waverider was destroyed. Waverider pulled himself back together at some point, and just met them in the timestream at the end of time, and rescued Superman.

The stopping time wasn't in DOS, it was in Legacy of Superman, or Superman Legacy, whichever it is.

Extant didn't use him to amp his powers, Manarch/Hank Hall used him to become Extant.

And unless they bring him back again he died during 52, but it's also not a stretch because its not the first time he's died. Another him could always just pop out of the timestream, or pull himself back together or something.

Now this is a man who's not afraid of the truth.

Juntai
Originally posted by Surfer's Rules
Now this is a man who's not afraid of the truth. I was just clearing things up.

wink

Surfer's Rules
Originally posted by Juntai
I was just clearing things up.

wink

Yea I was giving you kudos. What you don't like granola and chocolate?!

illadelph12
Originally posted by King_Mungi
I know that hence why I said "hatch", and it was the same "Skeets" that defeated Wave Rider. So what's the point?

That you mean Mr. Mind rather than Skeets, right?

TricksterPriest
That you mean Mr. Mind rather than Skeets, right?

True. And that's another thing. We don't know how long Mr. Mind was inside Skeets for.

I look at it this way. If indeed, Mr Mind is responsible for Waverider's death, then the body that was found in (25th century, approximately?) which judging by it's appearance is probably Waverider, then the whole thing is a temporal paradox. A time loop. Skeets was made before Mr. Mind took over, but after Waverider was killed in the past.

illadelph12
Didn't Mind slip into Skeets when Booster went to Rip Hunter's lab the first time in 52?

Avalonofthewind
Which equates to Skeets having all of Waverider's abilities how?

He had chronal powers, for instance when he chronally accelarated Super chief to death and yanked groups of pirates and cyborgs from their times into the present effortlessly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.