Motherbox + Apokalips Tech Superman V Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
in theory, the MO would repair his weaknesses to red sunlight and k-nite. it would greatly enhance his invulnerability through amped healing as well. there might be other benefits too, but i'll let someone else enumerate them.

could this h/p version of superman beat galactus's most powerful herald?

shifty

janus77
Surfer's still too fast for Superman to even see. the Motherbox and tech could be ripped off of Superman before he knows what's happening.
or Surfer goes intangible, merges into Superman, and destroys the tech that way...

there's many many ways Surfer beats Superman.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer's still too fast for Superman to even see. the Motherbox and tech could be ripped off of Superman before he knows what's happening.
or Surfer goes intangible, merges into Superman, and destroys the tech that way...

there's many many ways Surfer beats Superman.

THE MB can pretty much do anything the surfer can.

janus77
even so, technology < innate power.
a living weapon is more nimble than an instrument, even in the hands of a virtuoso.

also, Surfer thinks 1000s of times faster than Superman. again, no sale. Surfer will strip Superman of whatever temporary advantages he might possess as a result of the thread stipulations.

Juntai
Surfer's still too fast for Superman to even see. Not true. Superman can go lightyears in moments too.

janus77
Originally posted by Juntai
Not true. Superman can go lightyears in moments too.
too vague.

quite a few characters can travel beyond lightspeed. Surfer just happens to do so in the multiples of 100s, whereas Superman barely gets to lightspeed at his very best.

also, Surfer is adapted to such dimensions and speeds, Superman is not. thought process, "sight" (Surfer's nascent clairvoyance imo is a factor of his time-space traversing speeds)...

Juntai
too vague.

quite a few characters can travel beyond lightspeed. Surfer just happens to do so in the multiples of 100s, whereas Superman barely gets to lightspeed at his very best.

also, Surfer is adapted to such dimensions and speeds, Superman is not. thought process, "sight" (Surfer's nascent clairvoyance imo is a factor of his time-space traversing speeds)... Yah, but in a recent comic, he went over 25 lightyears in a moments time. Do the math, that's more than hundreds of times lightspeed.
Surfer has similar feats, such as one at the beginning of Annihilation, so I don't know why you'd downplay either of them to those levels, especially playing Superman down to speeds he's surpassed many years ago. Superman only limits himself to sub-lightspeed on Earth due to environmental damage.

TricksterPriest
Supes will definitely take a solid majority. The MB eliminates his main weaknesses and amps his overall stats considerably.

leonidas
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Supes will definitely take a solid majority. The MB eliminates his main weaknesses and amps his overall stats considerably.

thumb up

Surfer's Rules
Surfer still can transmute Superman. Or drain him of his power. I don't see how the MB makes him immune to K-nite either. People are just full of dung in here. Supes with a MB got his ass handed to him, and people are tryna to say it make him omnipotent and unstoppable. Who's actually buying this BS?! Superman gets beat by a superior foe the same way he always does. MB turns Supes into the SS?! LMAO. SS spears him with spikey knuckles FTW.

leonidas
don't read a lot of dc do you? no expression

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by Surfer's Rules
Surfer still can transmute Superman. Or drain him of his power. I don't see how the MB makes him immune to K-nite either. People are just full of dung in here. Supes with a MB got his ass handed to him, and people are tryna to say it make him omnipotent and unstoppable. Who's actually buying this BS?! Superman gets beat by a superior foe the same way he always does. MB turns Supes into the SS?! LMAO. SS spears him with spikey knuckles FTW.

Surfer can not win a fist fight against Supes. That is one fight Superman will always win...10/10

Thor has no problem hitting the Surfer...so, I doubt Supes will either. Hell, if Black Panther is fast enough to get an armbar on SS...then, there is no telling what Superman would do to him...lol

Over all...this is a good fight....I'll take Superman for the majority....7/10

Surfer's Rules
Originally posted by leonidas

Nah, not really. What does that have to do with anything. There were some inaccurate claims made and I acknowledged that. Superman still doesn't have a chance against the vastly more versatile Surfer. Don't see how the MB helps him at all.

llagrok
Nah, not really. What does that have to do with anything. There were some inaccurate claims made and I acknowledged that. Superman still doesn't have a chance against the vastly more versatile Surfer. Don't see how the MB helps him at all.

Does not compute.

Surfer's Rules
Originally posted by llagrok
Does not compute.

Wha? With the MB Supes is still nowhere near as versatile as Surfer. And isn't immune to everything as some would try to claim. That's just a flat out lie, and you know it. If that's gonna be your story then more power to yah, but anyone who gives it, I don't know, a second of thought knows it not the case.

Smurf's Martian
Der

Avalonofthewind
Overkill. Some hope of exploiting Supermans weaknesses are Surfer's only chance. Removing that opportunity leads to Surfer on the receiving end of a massive beatdown.

Smurf's Martian
Der

llagrok
Superman without the motherbox is a match for the surfer, this just tips the scale in Superman's favour. He shouldn't have any problems taking it at least 8/10

Smurf's Martian
Der

Surfer's Rules
Superman without the motherbox is a match for the surfer, this just tips the scale in Superman's favour. He shouldn't have any problems taking it at least 8/10

I don't see how. A stronger Superman doesn't mean he can do anything to Surfer. In fact what is he gonna do to Surfer, if you don't mind me asking? If you say he's gonna punch him, then I know exactly what to do with your opinion. Intangibility, and sheilds eliminate that option. Kryptonite is not however eliminated as a weakness for Superman, unless of course you can confirm that. Superman is always out of his league against Surfer.

Surfer's Rules
Originally posted by Smurf's Martian
Motherboxes are filled with candy and toys. Superman gives Surfer the motherbox to spread joy throughout the cosmos. smile

That would be nice, but Surfer doesn't need the MB for that. He's united the Earth's population in a collective feeling of love and serenity on a whim.

TricksterPriest
I don't see how. A stronger Superman doesn't mean he can do anything to Surfer. In fact what is he gonna do to Surfer, if you don't mind me asking? If you say he's gonna punch him, then I know exactly what to do with your opinion. Intangibility, and sheilds eliminate that option. Kryptonite is not however eliminated as a weakness for Superman, unless of course you can confirm that. Superman is always out of his league against Surfer.

This is rediculous. Intangibility? when has he ever used that? Shields? Again, when?

And you obvious know nothing about mother boxes. Drax has punched Surfer out, Thanos has, I believe Ravenous did, Surfer isn't capable of beating Superman in a fistfight.

llagrok
This is rediculous. Intangibility? when has he ever used that? Shields? Again, when?

And you obvious know nothing about mother boxes. Drax has punched Surfer out, Thanos has, I believe Ravenous did, Surfer isn't capable of beating Superman in a fistfight.

Ravenous didn't, but Thor has.

Surfer's Rules

Ravenous has never defeated Surfer. IIRC Surfer defeated Drax. Surfer erected shields against Hulk and Firelord. And Superman still can't do anything more to Surfer with a motherbox. If you think he can then tell me what he'll do precisely. Try to attack Surfer with an ENERGY sword?! Come on dude, you can do better than that. There is no indication that Superman wont just die if encased in a shell of K-nite either.

Surfer's Rules
Ravenous didn't, but Thor has.

BTW, B&T Thor would wrecked Supes, whether he's got his Mother's box, his Sister's box, or some ramdom hooker's box.

TricksterPriest
I was wrong on Ravenous. My bad. And you really don't get what a motherbox is, do you? no It's technology directly powered by the source.

Surfer's Rules
I was wrong on Ravenous. My bad. And you really don't get what a motherbox is, do you? no It's technology directly powered by the source.

Everything in the universe originate from the Source. That doesn't make it omnipotent. Who are you tryna con here. I know the implications you're tryna make and I'm saying you're reaching. The MB is a nice asset, but if you don't have the stuff to begin with, it's not gonna necessarily put you over. Supes got a mudhole stomped into his chest by a grounded brick. Surfer is still his superior in everyway except maybe physical strength which isn't really that big of a factor.

leonidas
a motherbox is essentially a sentient computer. it's source IS believed to be THE SOURCE.

THE SOURCE>>>>>>ss's power cosmic . . .

it enables wielders to manipulate energy, teleport, heal (so even as the k-nite injures him, the MO heals the damage), turn intangible, give power-boosts and ABSORB energy. (superman's simply chooses to absorb more sunlight and suddenly he is sundipped AND has all his wepaons. smile ) but perhaps more than any of that it can look for and discover weaknesses in an opponent or devise strategies that can help defeat an opponent.

that's SOME of what a motherbox can do if it is allowed to function fully, as this forum allows it to do.

oh, and since i don't see ss up and transmuting thor or his hammer, i see no conceiveable way he can transmute either superman OR a motherbox. smile

superman beats him soundly in this battle.

TricksterPriest
http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orionwithgenesisboxoj3.jpg

Surfer's Rules
a motherbox is essentially a sentient computer. it's source IS believed to be THE SOURCE.

THE SOURCE>>>>>>ss's power cosmic . . .

it enables wielders to manipulate energy, teleport, heal (so even as the k-nite injures him, the MO heals the damage), turn intangible, give power-boosts and ABSORB energy. (superman's simply chooses to absorb more sunlight and suddenly he is sundipped AND has all his wepaons. smile ) but perhaps more than any of that it can look for and discover weaknesses in an opponent or devise strategies that can help defeat an opponent.

that's SOME of what a motherbox can do if it is allowed to function fully, as this forum allows it to do.

oh, and since i don't see ss up and transmuting thor or his hammer, i see no conceiveable way he can transmute either superman OR a motherbox. smile

superman beats him soundly in this battle.

Good stuff. Surfer can still counter all the effects of the MB and drain Supes. The MB's power isn't infinite and the idea that MB is>>>Power Cosmic is baseless. Marvel doesn't have the "The Source" so that has no baring on Surfer's power. Surfer can manipulate all the matter and energy in the universe and even beyond. That's tantamount to what DC may refer to as manipulating The Source. What the **** is the point of "The Source" anyway. Dumbass DC. Superman is the one with the weaknesses in this fight not Surfer, so the MB is gonna be using energy to cover those up and hope that Supes can find a way to win. And when the MB runs out of energy Supes is boned. Supes just prolongs the inevitible.

TricksterPriest
Good stuff. Surfer can still counter all the effects of the MB and drain Supes. The MB's power isn't infinite and the idea that MB is>>>Power Cosmic is baseless. Marvel doesn't have the "The Source" so that has no baring on Surfer's power. Surfer can manipulate all the matter and energy in the universe and even beyond. That's tantamount to what DC may refer to as manipulating The Source. What the **** is the point of "The Source" anyway. Dumbass DC. Superman is the one with the weaknesses in this fight not Surfer, so the MB is gonna be using energy to cover those up and hope that Supes can find a way to win. And when the MB runs out of energy Supes is boned. Supes just prolongs the inevitible.

^FAIL.

The MB's power is the source. AND THE SOURCE IS INFINITE.

And this time, read the damn scan.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Your entire post is welll. it's just. I can't even bring myself to say it. Lacking the correct information.

Surfer's Rules
^FAIL.

The MB's power is the source. AND THE SOURCE IS INFINITE.

And this time, read the damn scan.

Like I said, who do you think you're conning here? WE'VE ALL SEEN THE MOTHERBOX RUN OUT OF ENERGY. You guys literally just lie and it's so obvious, I can't believe you expect me to take this nonsense seriously. I am curious about that scan though. Is that your average MB? Why is Orion calling it the Genesis box? If the run of the mill MB can rewrite the Universe then Superman easily takes this. The problem is I think you're full of it, and that's not the run of the mill motherbox like what he used against Doomsday or the one that Orion uses regularly in combat. And how do you know the Source is infinite. What evidence is there of that. Isn't it just the energy of the universe. Don't know why that energy source has to extradimensional but whatever.

Surfer's Rules
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Your entire post is welll. it's just. I can't even bring myself to say it. Lacking the correct information.

Good arguement. I've changed my mind.

illadelph12
Tsk Tsk...

Juntai
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Overkill. Some hope of exploiting Supermans weaknesses are Surfer's only chance. Removing that opportunity leads to Surfer on the receiving end of a massive beatdown. thumb up

Juntai
OK, I think we've covered your position in the thread. smile
Also noting some of the other posts clarifying your lack of respect for DC comics, you've shown nothing but ignorance and bias here.

Surfer's Rules
OK, I think we've covered your position in the thread. smile
Also noting some of the other posts clarifying your lack of respect for DC comics, you've shown nothing but ignorance and bias here.

Ignorance and bias? Frame it any way you like. If you can't give any legitimate justification for your position, don't switch gears to insults and misrepresentaiton because that's just as much a non-response as all the rest. One person so far has given a good post in favor of Superman. The rest has been irrelevant palaver and innacuracies on the scope of the MB's power and effects on Superman. Like I've stated, we seen this verseion of Superman and he got WORKED. So you tell me, Mr. wise and objective, how will this be different from what we've actually seen from Superman with a MB in the actual comics? If you can't answer this very simple question then why criticize what I have to say? I've read the rules, and it's says you go by feats, not lies and misrepresentations, and there's no requirement to agree with people incapable of posing an arguement.

Juntai
Ignorance and bias? Frame it any way you like. If you can't give any legitimate justification for your position, don't switch gears to insults and misrepresentaiton because that's just as much a non-response as all the rest. One person so far has given a good post in favor of Superman. The rest has been irrelevant palaver and innacuracies on the scope of the MB's power and effects on Superman. Like I've stated, we seen this verseion of Superman and he got WORKED. So you tell me, Mr. wise and objective, how will this be different from what we've actually seen from Superman with a MB in the actual comics? If you can't answer this very simple question then why criticize what I have to say? I've read the rules, and it's says you go by feats, not lies and misrepresentations, and there's no requirement to agree with people incapable of posing an arguement. You showed your own ignorance and bias in the above example and others, so I don't have to frame anything when you've already done so and hung it up on display.

And no we haven't seen current Superman like this, we saw Superman with a motherbox . . . 15 years ago. That's how it will differ.

-signed, Mr. Wise.

illadelph12
Cool heads gentlemen...

Surfer's Rules
You showed your own ignorance and bias in the above example and others, so I don't have to frame anything when you've already done so and hung it up on display.

And no we haven't seen current Superman like this, we saw Superman with a motherbox . . . 15 years ago. That's how it will differ.

-signed, Mr. Wise.

OK, so we're dealing with a more powerful and more intelligent Supes, but without the cool hairstyle? Still don't know if that makes him THAT much more formidable, and I certainly don't think that he would have all the powers of Surfer and then some to a higher degree which is what was claimed. Those are really the major bones of contention. But if people think that Surfer's powers are simply nullified by the MB I guess that's how they're gonna feel and I can live with that I guess. Whatever, it's not that deep.

Tyrant
Yah, but in a recent comic, he went over 25 lightyears in a moments time. Do the math, that's more than hundreds of times lightspeed.
Surfer has similar feats, such as one at the beginning of Annihilation, so I don't know why you'd downplay either of them to those levels, especially playing Superman down to speeds he's surpassed many years ago. Superman only limits himself to sub-lightspeed on Earth due to environmental damage. Surfer went half a million light years, in about that time or less... actually seemed like a couple seconds...

Also, I still don't know why people think Surfer has to use absorbtion and weaknesses to beat Superman, but that's just me I guess.
Anyway, in this battle, Superman wins.

Juntai
OK, so we're dealing with a more powerful and more intelligent Supes, but without the cool hairstyle? Still don't know if that makes him THAT much more formidable, and I certainly don't think that he would have all the powers of Surfer and then some to a higher degree which is what was claimed. Those are really the major bones of contention. But if people think that Surfer's powers are simply nullified by the MB I guess that's how they're gonna feel and I can live with that I guess. Whatever, it's not that deep. I never made that claim about the motherbox. That's for someone else to prove.

Surfer's Rules
Originally posted by Tyrant
Surfer went half a million light years, in about that time or less...

Everyone knows that Surfer has proven to be CONSIDERABLY faster than Supes. It's not really close. Surfer travels between galaxies in the time it takes Supes to get wine for Lois. Has crossed the entire universe in a time "Incomprehensible to humans." Whatever that means, it's FAST. The debate is about whether or not the MB turns Superman into Tyrant. Some think so, considering it's "infinite" power Source. He's just about ready to challenge Lucifer Morningstar after this is said and done if that's the case. I however disagree. What do you think?

illadelph12
Isn't Supes with a motherbox pretty much just a rational Orion sans Astroforce/Harness?

TricksterPriest
I think you don't read much DC. roll eyes (sarcastic) In terms of speed, they're actually fairly close. Main difference is that Supes has better combat speed, while I'd give Surfer the nod on travel speed.

Motherboxes have pretty much no limits. They're a plot device onto themselves. So no, it doesn't make Superman equal to Tyrant. But.....it does put him close or maybe just barely into transcendant tier.

Surfer's Rules
Originally posted by illadelph12
Isn't Supes with a motherbox pretty much just a rational Orion sans Astroforce/Harness?

That's what I was thinking, but with the extra Superman powers like flight and HV, Freeze breath.

TricksterPriest

Orion has a massive healing factor and possibly greater stamina. But otherwise, that is fairly close.

illadelph12
I think you don't read much DC. roll eyes (sarcastic) In terms of speed, they're actually fairly close. Main difference is that Supes has better combat speed, while I'd give Surfer the nod on travel speed.

Motherboxes have pretty much no limits. They're a plot device onto themselves. So no, it doesn't make Superman equal to Tyrant. But.....it does put him close or maybe just barely into transcendant tier.

Based on?

illadelph12
Orion has a massive healing factor and possibly greater stamina. But otherwise, that is fairly close.

And that decisively trumps Surfer?

TricksterPriest
Based on?

Which part? The MB being a plot device or the bumping of Supes to transcendant? I was saying theoretically, I know it didn't show that much power when he had it that one time.

TricksterPriest
And that decisively trumps Surfer?

I give Orion a solid majority over Surfer.

And minus matter manip/energy control, I'd say Surfer is in trouble against Superman.

Surfer's Rules
Based on feats there's no comparison. Surfer has flown hundreds of thousands of lightyears in moments. There really is no comparison speedwise between the two. That's not even debatable.

Surfer's Rules

And minus matter manip/energy control, I'd say Surfer is in trouble against Superman.

It suddenly becomes so clear. In a non-canon crossover Surfer wiped his butt with Orion. He really has nothing for Surfer if you look at it logically. Faster, more powerful, can turn him into a snickers, although the fight's over so quickly he won't need it.

TricksterPriest
Based on feats there's no comparison. Surfer has flown hundreds of thousands of lightyears in moments. There really is no comparison speedwise between the two. That's not even debatable.

http://gallery.digitaldeviation.com/d/1229-1/o+rly__ruserious.JPG

I don't want to dig through the monstrous Superman respect thread, but it is very much debatable.

illadelph12
Which part? The MB being a plot device or the bumping of Supes to transcendant? I was saying theoretically, I know it didn't show that much power when he had it that one time.

Either part. Just elaborate and substantiate if you could. It's kind of vague to say "A motherbox is a plot device" when the exact same could be said of Magic, GL/Sinestro Rings, the Power Cosmic, Mjolnir, Quantum Bands, Nega Bands, and Batman's Utility Belt.

The Power Cosmic has always been able to do whatever the plot dictated. All things comics are plot driven. That's a hollow statement Trick, and we both know you can do better.

Surfer's Rules
Either part. Just elaborate and substantiate if you could. It's kind of vague to say "A motherbox is a plot device" when the exact same could be said of Magic, GL/Sinestro Rings, the Power Cosmic, Mjolnir, Quantum Bands, Nega Bands, and Batman's Utility Belt.

The Power Cosmic has always been able to do whatever the plot dictated. All things comics are plot driven. That's a hollow statement Trick, and we both know you can do better.

Just when calling me ignorant and biased was becoming a viable arguement, you gotta come and hold people accountable for their claims. You're screwing up the flow!

Tyrant
Does anyone else find it ironic every time Trickster tells people that they don't read DC, and that they are Marvel biased?

Surfer's Rules
http://gallery.digitaldeviation.com/d/1229-1/o+rly__ruserious.JPG

I don't want to dig through the monstrous Superman respect thread, but it is very much debatable.

I'll save you the trouble. You won't find anything comparable. Surfer can literally fly circles around Superman, while blasting him into oblivion and Supes would be struggling to lay a hand on him.

quanchi112

And minus matter manip/energy control, I'd say Surfer is in trouble against Superman. go read the hunger. surfer would literally destroy orion. its a curbstomp, orion cant compete with superman either for the most part. surfer beats this superman as well. but it would be much closer.

quanchi112

The Power Cosmic has always been able to do whatever the plot dictated. All things comics are plot driven. That's a hollow statement Trick, and we both know you can do better. thumb up

long pig
Honestly, I can't name a single thing the Mother Box has ever failed to do when used by a master. It's a weapon that rivals mjolnir in power and beats it in versatility.

TricksterPriest

Point. It was a cheap shot. wink But Motherboxes have: healed wounds, revived the dead, opened boom tubes, powered up individuals, channeled and manipulated energies, interfaced with and upgraded human and alien technologies, communicated with the source, telepathically communicated, some time dilation I believe, created weapons and items out of thing air, etc.

So really, it is alot like a GL ring in that it can do whatever the hell the person using it wants. stick out tongue

long pig
It suddenly becomes so clear. In a non-canon crossover Surfer wiped his butt with Orion. He really has nothing for Surfer if you look at it logically. Faster, more powerful, can turn him into a snickers, although the fight's over so quickly he won't need it.
Oh please. That not so canon comic was just that. Not canon. As in the "Do not base claims on me" type.

Orion is at least Surfer's equal.

TricksterPriest
And btw, Circe (DC version) tried to matter manip Orion, and she failed. She's a skyfather level sorceress who busted up the Greek Pantheon.

quanchi112
Originally posted by long pig
Oh please. That not so canon comic was just that. Not canon. As in the "Do not base claims on me" type.

Orion is at least Surfer's equal. orion isnt even supermans equal. orion would go down in flames to surfer. supes would beat him to. orion isnt a joke but he cant hang with either of these two.

quanchi112
And btw, Circe (DC version) tried to matter manip Orion, and she failed. She's a skyfather level sorceress who busted up the Greek Pantheon. whoopty doo. superman has kicked ds ass multiple times while orion loses to ds waving his hand. orion is pathetic anymore. surfer would crush orion.

illadelph12
Point. It was a cheap shot. wink But Motherboxes have: healed wounds, revived the dead, opened boom tubes, powered up individuals, channeled and manipulated energies, interfaced with and upgraded human and alien technologies, communicated with the source, telepathically communicated, some time dilation I believe, created weapons and items out of thing air, etc.

So really, it is alot like a GL ring in that it can do whatever the hell the person using it wants. stick out tongue

You do realize that the PC has done all of the above as well, minus the Source communication and Boomtubes (which are DC specific feats), right Trickster?

And are we talking standard motherboxes (not Genesis, Father, or Grandmother Boxes) independently performing these feats, or a character's own abilities enhanced via Motherbox performing these feats?

illadelph12
And btw, Circe (DC version) tried to matter manip Orion, and she failed. She's a skyfather level sorceress who busted up the Greek Pantheon.

Was that by magical means or means of physics?

long pig
Originally posted by quanchi112
orion isnt even supermans equal. orion would go down in flames to surfer. supes would beat him to. orion isnt a joke but he cant hang with either of these two.
He's Superman's superior in everything but possibly speed. And even that is in question when you take into account his higher speed feats.

I don't foresee Sups or Surf taking a full astro force blast and surviving. I mean, it's matched the power of a blast that was capable of destroying the universe.

quanchi112
He's Superman's superior in everything but possibly speed. And even that is in question when you take into account his higher speed feats.

I don't foresee Sups or Surf taking a full astro force blast and surviving. I mean, it's matched the power of a blast that was capable of destroying the universe. ur exaggerating a guy who loses to darkseids handwaving in countdown. hes someone who is only alive becuz ds spared him so many times. supes puts him in the source wall while orion gets hand waved into submission. there is no possible way to compare orion to superman. superman has him beat in all respects.

quanchi112
You do realize that the PC has done all of the above as well, minus the Source communication and Boomtubes (which are DC specific feats), right Trickster?

And are we talking standard motherboxes (not Genesis, Father, or Grandmother Boxes) independently performing these feats, or a character's own abilities enhanced via Motherbox performing these feats? u raise some good points. the power cosmic especially used through the silver surfer is pretty amazing. when surfer isnt holding back he literally tears into badasses. he can destroy planets. power cosmic is no joke.

long pig
ur exaggerating a guy who loses to darkseids handwaving in countdown. hes someone who is only alive becuz ds spared him so many times. supes puts him in the source wall while orion gets hand waved into submission. there is no possible way to compare orion to superman. superman has him beat in all respects.
Superman never legitimately beat DS without a power-up. Orion needs no such power-up.

He can trap you in a tractor beam and it's over. No counter against it. He's Superman's superior in damn near everything.

Superherovandal

And are we talking standard motherboxes (not Genesis, Father, or Grandmother Boxes) independently performing these feats, or a character's own abilities enhanced via Motherbox performing these feats? isn't a father box just the apokolips equivalent of a motherbox?

quanchi112
Superman never legitimately beat DS without a power-up. Orion needs no such power-up.

He can trap you in a tractor beam and it's over. No counter against it. He's Superman's superior in damn near everything. i suggest reading apokolips now. then get back to me about ur theory of superman always needed a power up.

Superherovandal
i suggest reading apokolips now. then get back to me about ur theory of superman always needed a power up. i suggest that you get a new piece of evidence to show Supes supposed superiority to DS. that book is crap. DS has beaten Supes in 3 hits before easily. and easily held him down like a child.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superherovandal
i suggest that you get a new piece of evidence to show Supes supposed superiority to DS. that book is crap. DS has beaten Supes in 3 hits before easily. and easily held him down like a child. ok then go read the batman superman arc where ds winds up in the source wall. superman really crushes him in that story also.

laughing

Tyrant
ok then go read the batman superman arc where ds winds up in the source wall. superman really crushes him in that story also.

laughing You'd better go read the comic...
Because Darkseid was handing Superman his ass, before Wonder Woman came out of nowhere with her bands, and deflected his OE back at his face.

quanchi112
You'd better go read the comic...
Because Darkseid was handing Superman his ass, before Wonder Woman came out of nowhere with her bands, and deflected his OE back at his face. yeah they obviously set ds up. they knew his dumbass was going to show. so not only did the march to his own planet and take supergirl they tricked his ass into showing up while his omega didnt kill supergirl either. ds looked so bad in this story. he was owned on his own planet. nice job batman. way to punk ds. then they fooled ds into showing up and getting taken to the sun then to the source wall. supes kicked his ass.

Tyrant
yeah they obviously set ds up. they knew his dumbass was going to show. so not only did the march to his own planet and take supergirl they tricked his ass into showing up while his omega didnt kill supergirl either. ds looked so bad in this story. he was owned on his own planet. nice job batman. way to punk ds. then they fooled ds into showing up and getting taken to the sun then to the source wall. supes kicked his ass. Never mind the other stuff, since it's not only irrelevant, but some of it is wrong.

If Superman didn't beat Darkseid himself, then that is irrelevant to your arguments, isn't it?

Lucky on the forum, Wonder Woman isn't just going to jump out of nowhere...

quanchi112
Never mind the other stuff, since it's not only irrelevant, but some of it is wrong.

If Superman didn't beat Darkseid himself, then that is irrelevant to your arguments, isn't it? no. they fought by the sun and that. wonderwoman jumped in. supes didnt want her there. he took ds up in space so they could be alone and finish it. supes finished him. i mean he literally broke ds down. then he threw his carcass smack dab on the source wall.

long pig
no. they fought by the sun and that. wonderwoman jumped in. supes didnt want her there. he took ds up in space so they could be alone and finish it. supes finished him. i mean he literally broke ds down. then he threw his carcass smack dab on the source wall.
That's called a power-up, my friend.

Orion could literally nap behind his shields. Nothing has ever broken them, even the Omega Beams can't affect them.

quanchi112
Never mind the other stuff, since it's not only irrelevant, but some of it is wrong.

If Superman didn't beat Darkseid himself, then that is irrelevant to your arguments, isn't it?

Lucky on the forum, Wonder Woman isn't just going to jump out of nowhere... i suggest reading foundations as well. here we see a young unformed child in the body of superman beating down ds. ds was busy stealing power from all his warriors and his planet.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Legion30-17.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Legion30-18.jpg

quanchi112
That's called a power-up, my friend.

Orion could literally nap behind his shields. Nothing has ever broken them, even the Omega Beams can't affect them. well superman took ds to the sun. whats to stop him from doing this everytime. its different becuz he went to the sun. it wasnt near him. ds was powerless to stop than and also he was powerless to keep from being thrown on the source wall.

superman took him where he wanted to take him. ds had no say. wink

Tyrant
no. they fought by the sun and that. wonderwoman jumped in. supes didnt want her there. he took ds up in space so they could be alone and finish it. supes finished him. i mean he literally broke ds down. the threw his carcass smack dab on the source wall. You do know Superman gets powered up by the sun, don't you?

Also, there was a little thing called weakened, and distracted that impacted that defeat...

Of course, you're just going to ignore the fact that he was weakened from Wonder Woman (who by the way, is not in normal threads with him vs so, and so) deflecting his OE back at his face, and weakening him.
Plus, you also ignore that Darkseid was beating his ass up before that.
So, this discussion is pointless, because you can't even comprehend one huge point that's jammed into your face, or just plain ignore it.

Prove me wrong though. If not, you might as well not even respond, since it will have no impact, or a response from me.

So, since the last thing people read, is usually what they remember...
Darkseid beating Superman.
Wonder Woman (who, not being in thread), jump out nowhere and deflect OE.
Darkseid weakened.
Superman end up winning.

And again... the main point:
Wonder Woman basically cheap shot Darkseid, and Darkseid weakened lose to power up Superman.
Not fair fight.

Tyrant
i suggest reading foundations as well. here we see a young unformed child in the body of superman beating down ds. ds was busy stealing power from all his warriors and his planet.
Old Darkseid weaker than Young Darkseid.
Plus, it say old Darkseid be already weakened.

Irrelevant.

quanchi112
You do know Superman gets powered up by the sun, don't you?

Also, there was a little thing called weakened, and distracted that impacted that defeat...

Of course, you're just going to ignore the fact that he was weakened from Wonder Woman (who by the way, is not in normal threads with him vs so, and so) deflecting his OE back at his face, and weakening him.
Plus, you also ignore that Darkseid was beating his ass up before that.
So, this discussion is pointless, because you can't even comprehend one huge point that's jammed into your face, or just plain ignore it.

Prove me wrong though. If not, you might as well not even respond, since it will have no impact, or a response from me.

So, since the last thing people read, is usually what they remember...
Darkseid beating Superman.
Wonder Woman (who, not being in thread), jump out nowhere and deflect OE.
Darkseid weakened.
Superman end up winning.

And again... the main point:
Wonder Woman basically cheap shot Darkseid, and Darkseid weakened lose to power up Superman.
Not fair fight. well superman powered himself up. he took darkseid to the sun. why did ds let him? why didnt darkseid shoot his omega beams again. he got assraped by supes in this battle. in foundations supes shows he has what it takes. in apokolips now he does in a one on one duel. so quit saying that doesnt count. i think ds still takes a majority against superman. but supes can still pound his face in. if ds omega fails like i always have said then ds loses to supes. he cant win a brawl with superman anymore. ds has lost to superman much more in recnet times. supes is closing that gap.

quanchi112
Old Darkseid weaker than Young Darkseid.
Plus, it say old Darkseid be already weakened.

Irrelevant. do u know this was a child like clark kent who didnt even know he was superman. ds still had his expereince and was still stealing powers. he pissed supes off who still hadnt become superman in his mind and got knocked out for 1000 years.

Tyrant
do u know this was a child like clark kent who didnt even know he was superman. ds still had his expereince and was sttil stealing powers. he pissed supes off who still hadnt become superman in his mind and got knocked out for 1000 years. Since you couldn't answer my last post, or even show you could possibly, if given prep... what makes me think you can answer this one?
I don't know, but I'll give it a shot.

DS weaker than Younger DS.
Superman might be weaker, but so DS.
Completely different power levels, and forethere irrelevant.

Plus, DS weakened before battle.

He not get knocked out because Superman. He get knocked out because have no he power, he had.
He exhausted it, and took him 1000 years to recover.

DS come back from no power, in 1000 years, not all Superman doing.

Superman cause him to exhaust the rest of power, by fighting him.

Showing good, but taken out of context it is.

quanchi112
Since you couldn't answer my last post, or even show you could possibly, if given prep... what makes me think you can answer this one?

He not get knocked out because Superman. He get knocked out because have no he power, he had.

Showing good, but taken out of context it is. this shows how weak ds is in the future i admit. but he was tapping into the planets power and taking all his legendary warriors powers. on ds own he would have fell even faster. he stole powers and still took a dirt nap. clark kent wasnt even superman yet. shows u what he is capable of under duress.

quanchi112
i never ignored the fact ww jumped in. this did hurt ds in this fight. i admit that. but ds still had a chance to win. superman just crushed his ass outside the son. i mean he broke ds. supes has proven one on one in aduel situation in apokolips now he can get the job done. i didnt see ww in that fight. i saw a ds ask him for quarter.

quanchi112
Since you couldn't answer my last post, or even show you could possibly, if given prep... what makes me think you can answer this one?

Showing good, but taken out of context it is. http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ApokolipsNowPage31.jpg

this is what happened when they might one on one with no powerups and no one else to interfere. lookey who won.

nvrbeenwthagirl
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ApokolipsNowPage31.jpg

this is what happened when they might one on one with no powerups and no one else to interfere. lookey who won.
was this thier last fight or even thier 2nd to last? Nope. you FAIL.

quanchi112
was this thier last fight or even thier 2nd to last? Nope. you FAIL. their lats fight superman put him on the source wall. the alst cheapshot was when superman rescued him. then ds cheapshotted him into the source wall. thats wha he has to do anymore. laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
their lats fight superman put him on the source wall. the alst cheapshot was when superman rescued him. then ds cheapshotted him into the source wall. thats wha he has to do anymore. laughing

FAIL

quanchi112
FAIL ur right darkseid does fail when matched up with superman nowadays. it takes a cheapshot for him to win..
wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
ur right darkseid does fail when matched up with superman nowadays. it takes a cheapshot for him to win..
wink
FAIL

quanchi112
FAIL u fail by ur lack of points. id laugh my ass off if in a debate someones counterpoint was u fail. they would be booed off stage. listen debate or dont respond. that simple.

illadelph12
Please stay on topic gentlemen...

nvrbeenwthagirl
u fail by ur lack of points. id laugh my ass off if in a debate someones counterpoint was u fail. they would be booed off stage. listen debate or dont respond. that simple.

Failure is not an option. It's your only choice.

quanchi112
Failure is not an option. It's your only choice. ur talking like darkseid now when he had to face doomsday. there is always a choice and dont be so negative. i dont likit myself while u limit urself.

nvrbeenwthagirl
ur talking like darkseid now when he had to face doomsday. there is always a choice and dont be so negative. i dont likit myself while u limit urself.

F MINUS.

quanchi112
F MINUS. listen im arguing what happend on panel. ds called doomsday unbeatable, fact. if we take ds at his word he admits he cant beat him or even stop him thus the reason he didnt even try. he learned his lesson from the asskicking he took from doomsday.

nvrbeenwthagirl
listen im arguing what happend on panel. ds called doomsday unbeatable, fact. if we take ds at his word he admits he cant beat him or even stop him thus the reason he didnt even try. he learned his lesson from the asskicking he took from doomsday.
Actually, He didnt' say he couldn't beat Doomsday. he said doomsday was unbeatable. meaning no one could. this is true. No one can EVEr truly beat doomsday. The best they can do is get him down. Which DS did. Anyway. F minus Minus.

quanchi112
Actually, He didnt' say he couldn't beat Doomsday. he said doomsday was unbeatable. meaning no one could. this is true. No one can EVEr truly beat doomsday. The best they can do is get him down. Which DS did. Anyway. F minus Minus. if u cant figure out that darkseid thought u couldnt stop him at al and was afraid of him u didnt read the story. ds was saved by superman. plain and simple a motherbox saved him. ds wasnt pursuing him becuz he knew he would get hurt an dbad again. ds isnt stupid i applaud his cowardess. he was right not to go. leave it to real men like waverider and superman. the lived to beat him. while ds was safe on his home trashed planet.

Surfer's Rules
Actually, He didnt' say he couldn't beat Doomsday. he said doomsday was unbeatable. meaning no one could. this is true. No one can EVEr truly beat doomsday. The best they can do is get him down. Which DS did. Anyway. F minus Minus.

What's this based on?

quanchi112
What's this based on? he doesnt make sense at all. he misconstres everything. he think doomsday was affected at all by darkseid he didnt read the comic. doomsday not only beat ds he was kicking his whole planets ass.

so much for new gods superiority.

Surfer's Rules
he doesnt make sense at all. he misconstres everything. he think doomsday was affected at all by darkseid he didnt read the comic. doomsday not only beat ds he was kicking his whole planets ass.

so much for new gods superiority.

From what I hear, that DS was retconned to be an "Avatar" and not the original article. H/P Doomsday's best feat is beating the snot out of the INFINITEY POWERFUL Superman w/Motherbox. What a load of bullocks huh?

nvrbeenwthagirl
From what I hear, that DS was retconned to be an "Avatar" and not the original article. H/P Doomsday's best feat is beating the snot out of the INFINITEY POWERFUL Superman w/Motherbox. What a load of bullocks huh?

Not really. Doomsday had killed the RADIANT and A Guardian. Both superior to superman even with an MB. Doomsday had also stood up and ressurected himself to the OB where the same beams Killed Hank Henshaw.

Surfer's Rules
Not really. Doomsday had killed the RADIANT and A Guardian. Both superior to superman even with an MB. Doomsday had also stood up and ressurected himself to the OB where the same beams Killed Hank Henshaw.

True. The radiant was kind of a dissapointment though. I had high hopes for him but they jobbed him out.

nvrbeenwthagirl
True. The radiant was kind of a dissapointment though. I had high hopes for him but they jobbed him out. He did his job the first time. defeating Doomsday where no one else could. the problem is, doomsday cannotbe defeated the same way or with the same lvl of power twice. hence the death of the Radiant.

draxx_tOfU

this post...

words fail me...

such...CLARITY...

Surfer's Rules
He did his job the first time. defeating Doomsday where no one else could. the problem is, doomsday cannotbe defeated the same way or with the same lvl of power twice. hence the death of the Radiant.

Yea, but you gotta admit, an energy being that can't reconstitute itself upon dispersal is pretty weak sauce. Ripping him apart is one thing. Killing him that way is quite another. Armed Jobbery!

quanchi112
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
this post...

words fail me...

such...CLARITY... laughing

quanchi112
Yea, but you gotta admit, an energy being that can't reconstitute itself upon dispersal is pretty weak sauce. Ripping him apart is one thing. Killing him that way is quite another. Armed Jobbery! weak indeed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yea, but you gotta admit, an energy being that can't reconstitute itself upon dispersal is pretty weak sauce. Ripping him apart is one thing. Killing him that way is quite another. Armed Jobbery!
Does seem strange. unless doomsday evolved somehow to injure himpermanatly. I remember him doing that in battle with superman, his bones actually started emitting poison to slow supers down.

nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing

Um, why are you laughing?

quanchi112
Um, why are you laughing? cuz ur posts are so biased and hilarious sometimes. u deny what is right in front of u. desperately searching for some angle to switch it around and talk highly of darkseid. he fails and u do.

quanchi112
Does seem strange. unless doomsday evolved somehow to injure himpermanatly. I remember him doing that in battle with superman, his bones actually started emitting poison to slow supers down. keep point superman with help from waverider stopped him. darkseid just got his asskicked and stayed home.

Surfer's Rules
cuz ur posts are so biased and hilarious sometimes. u deny what is right in front of u. desperately searching for some angle to switch it around and talk highly of darkseid. he fails and u do.

But things were becoming so civil. It's about bridging the gaps, not widening them. wink

TricksterPriest

Doomsday didn't disperse him. He generated an 'anti-radiant' energy field that was the exact counter for the Radiant's own energies.

quanchi112
Doomsday didn't disperse him. He generated an 'anti-radiant' energy field that was the exact counter for the Radiant's own energies. the being was impressive but only put doomsday once. he had one method and only really could rely on that. once doomsday evolved it was a foregone conclusion that he would lose to doomsday. put doomsday in a room with superman and he finds a way. he isnt a one trick pony.

stick out tongue

llagrok
If you put Superman in a room he would've lost. He had to send DD to entropy in order to win.

Surfer's Rules
Doomsday didn't disperse him. He generated an 'anti-radiant' energy field that was the exact counter for the Radiant's own energies.

Good explanation but I'm not sure if that's what happened. He just grabbed him and ripped him apart. If he could manipulate anti-matter that would've made his fights a lot shorter I would think.

llagrok
Good explanation but I'm not sure if that's what happened. He just grabbed him and ripped him apart. If he could manipulate anti-matter that would've made his fights a lot shorter I would think.

What TP said is what happened.

TricksterPriest

Originally posted by Estacado
Kills The Radiant
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/1-5.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/2-3.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/3-3.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/4-2.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/5-2.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/6-2.jpg

No....that's exactly what happened, He created an 'anti-radiant' energy field and canceled out the Radiant. wink

Superboy Prime

co-sign.

Not to mention it grants Supes a host of new abilities.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
co-sign.

Not to mention it grants Supes a host of new abilities. if surfer wants to play dirty this mother box will only save him for so long.

Superboy Prime
dur

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
dur it is so true. stick out tongue

Surfer's Rules
if surfer wants to play dirty this mother box will only save him for so long.

COsigned. Surfer could simply turn him into a brick or merge him with his board, or surround him in a block of K-nite. Surfer's speed advantage always is a huge factor.

nvrbeenwthagirl
COsigned. Surfer could simply turn him into a brick or merge him with his board, or surround him in a block of K-nite. Surfer's speed advantage always is a huge factor.

and surfer is doing all of this while the MB let's it happen? Or while Superman stands there and let's it happen. you realize Superman can't be transmuted so merging isn't going to work. And Knite will be ineffective do to the MB healing his sickness constantly.

llagrok

Show me a scan of the Surfer using his speed in actual combat. Against a single opponent. All I have is his fight against Ravenous.

Don't laugh, mock or try to sidestep it. Just give me a scan of the Silver Surfer using his speed in a fight against a single opponent.

Tyrant
Show me a scan of the Surfer using his speed in actual combat. Against a single opponent. All I have is his fight against Ravenous.

Don't laugh, mock or try to sidestep it. Just give me a scan of the Silver Surfer using his speed in a fight against a single opponent. Can I play?

llagrok
Can I play?

Yes, go ahead.

Tyrant
One scan you say?
I guess I'll go with this one.
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4374/surfervshulk00tm5.th.jpg

Surfer's Rules
One scan you say?
I guess I'll go with this one.
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4374/surfervshulk00tm5.th.jpg

You win, Superman loses. Plus he thinks and reacts in superspeed too. Superman is so boned.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/marvel_comics_presents_001-29.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
You win, Superman loses. Plus he thinks and reacts in superspeed too. Superman is so boned.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/marvel_comics_presents_001-29.jpg And superman Doesn't think and react at superspeed? how in the hell then does he navigate such far distances and make the right turns? big grin

llagrok
If the Hulk almost hits him, he's not moving particularly fast :/

Surfer's Rules
And superman Doesn't think and react at superspeed? how in the hell then does he navigate such far distances and make the right turns? big grin

I think this is fair response to someone's ridiculous attempt to ignore Surfer's obvious speed advantage. If people want to fudge the details I can do that too. Obviously Superman has to have quick thinking and reaction, just as it's obvious that Surfer doesn't lose his speed when he's in a fight. That's an offensive assertion.

Surfer's Rules
If the Hulk almost hits him, he's not moving particularly fast :/

He moving as fast as he needs to move. What the hell, is this how you always debate? The guy can cover a lightyear in an instant and you're tryna claim that he's not much faster than Hulk?! Is this the Twilight Zone?

Tyrant
If the Hulk almost hits him, he's not moving particularly fast :/ Hulk's about a foot away from him... no expression
Plus, he never almost hit him there.
Hell, by that scan, Hulk's fist should have went through Surfer... but it didn't because Hulk couldn't hit him.

Plus.
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1097/talestoastonish92208ri3.th.jpg http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4850/talestoastonish92209lu6.th.jpg

There's also the time when he was weaker (sonic shark) and used speed against Thor and other Asgardians, and a couple others.

Surfer's Rules
We already see that he has reflexes allowing him to think and react in under a nano second. That plus his cosmic awareness makes Cassie Cain look like Ray Charles in a wheelchair.

Validus
Nah, not really. What does that have to do with anything.
ermmnone

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus
ermmnone

kinda why i bailed on the discussion. erm

ss does have very few combat speed examples to his name though. he does have a couple, but they ARE rare, and nowhere near as numerous, or impressive, as superman's. that's not fan-boy speak or braggodoccia -- that's simple fact.

and the transmutation powers is brought up all the time. in a battle, who exactly has he ever transmuted . . .?

Tyrant
ss does have very few combat speed examples to his name though. he does have a couple, but they ARE rare, and nowhere near as numerous, or impressive, as superman's. that's not fan-boy speak or braggodoccia -- that's simple fact.
He doesn't really have to do it though. He really only uses speed when he finds it necessary.

Not saying he'd win here, though.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
ermmnone Yah, I thought the same the same thing and made a similar post earlier.

leonidas
He doesn't really have to do it though. He really only uses speed when he finds it necessary.

Not saying he'd win here, though.

that's a bit of a cop-out, ty. he's been hit by some pretty ridiculous shots (the fuggin rhino i think . . .) the overwhelming evidence says he can travel at ludicrous speeds, but in battle he almost never does.

not saying he can't, necessarily, just that it is FAR more out of character for him TO demonstrate extreme combat speed.

and i noticed you never gave your opinion on the matter. wink

Soljer
that's a bit of a cop-out, ty. he's been hit by some pretty ridiculous shots (the fuggin rhino i think . . .) the overwhelming evidence says he can travel at ludicrous speeds, but in battle he almost never does.

not saying he can't, necessarily, just that it is FAR more out of character for him TO demonstrate extreme combat speed.

and i noticed you never gave your opinion on the matter. wink

The Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, the SHAZAM brothers, and the Surfer have all been hit by some pretty ridiculous shots...erm.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>