Black on Black Crime Round One

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Y'Arial
Green Lantern John
Bronze tiger
SuperMAN
Steel
Kid Quantum II

vs.

Storm
Monica Rambea
Black Panther
Icon
WarMachine
FireStorm

Who Wins? Team One Or team Two?

BlueDMighty
Team 2 Marvel and Milestone's Icon for the W

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by BlueDMighty
Team 2 Marvel and Milestone's Icon for the W
Well actually I was thinking firestorm was the big gun on team two. meh. I'd give them an even split, seeing as how Kid Quantum is uber and So is superMAN and Gl JOHn.

King_Mungi
Windshear better be in your next round, or Pathway

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Windshear better be in your next round, or Pathway

I like wind sheer. I don't know who pathway is. can you provide a link. next round will only be 4v4 to make it easier. I got some good ideas too.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I like wind sheer. I don't know who pathway is. can you provide a link. next round will only be 4v4 to make it easier. I got some good ideas too.

Pathway:
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Pathway

Windshear:
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Windshear

nvrbeenwthagirl
Pathway:
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Pathway

Windshear:
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Windshear
These two Rock. I didn't get to read much about Windshear, but he seems to be a character that should have been explored more. I have to find a worthy opponent for him.

Galan007
Well actually I was thinking firestorm was the big gun on team two. He would be, imho.

TricksterPriest
Wait. SuperMAN? Isn't that the Tangent Superman? If it is, team 1 probably takes it.

guy222
Y'Arial
Green Lantern John
Bronze tiger
SuperMAN
Steel
Kid Quantum II

vs.

Storm
Monica Rambea
Black Panther
Icon
WarMachine
FireStorm

Who Wins? Team One Or team Two?

Team 2

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Wait. SuperMAN? Isn't that the Tangent Superman? If it is, team 1 probably takes it.

Yeah the Tangent SuperMAN

Galan007
Wait. SuperMAN? Isn't that the Tangent Superman? yes

TricksterPriest
Ouch. team 1 in a stomp then. He mindrapes the **** out of them.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ouch. team 1 in a stomp then. He mindrapes the **** out of them.

I did round two. Look under the thread with Winshear and luke Cage.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
team two

Avalonofthewind
Team 1 curbstomps team 2.

SuperMAN is ridiculously powerful and should be kept out of most debates.

The guy is basicaly like Batman 1M, Ressurection man, and Doomsday all rolled into 1 character.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Team 1 curbstomps team 2.

SuperMAN is ridiculously powerful and should be kept out of most debates.

The guy is basicaly like Batman 1M, Ressurection man, and Doomsday all rolled into 1 character.

He's that unkillable? scared I didn't see that kind of power in his respect thread, is there more?

King_Mungi
I'm actually looking forward to SuperMAN's upcoming apperance where he comes face to face with the main Superman

Avalonofthewind
He's that unkillable? scared I didn't see that kind of power in his respect thread, is there more?

He can give himself any power that he wants in combination (without dying like ressurection man), is a superior tactitian, has no known weaknesses, and gains a centuries worth of knowledge every hour.

I'd say that is one nasty sumab*tch.

I'm actually looking forward to SuperMAN's upcoming apperance where he comes face to face with the main Superman

Same here. There needs to be more material on this guy.

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/005370/Tangent_copy2.jpg

illadelph12
Could you please name round 2 something else besides "Black on Black Crime", Nvr?

King_Mungi
Same here. There needs to be more material on this guy.

I am also a huge fan of the Tangent Green Lantern design, but confused as her lantern is on Earth Prime. It might be a duplication from a different Earth though

Avalonofthewind
I am also a huge fan of the Tangent Green Lantern design, but confused as her lantern is on Earth Prime. It might be a duplication from a different Earth though

Do you mean the Lantern that the kids found on new earth in the ION series?

Tangent came around long after Earth Prime was wiped out in the original crisis.

Galan007
The guy is basicaly like Ressurection man Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
He can give himself any power that he wants in combination (without dying like ressurection man) I don't think so, ...

This scan from your respect thread is the closest thing I could find to your above statements:

http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13fn0.jpg

And in that scan, SuperMAN only altered his physiology for 24 hours, allowing him the power needed to defeat Swamp Thing..

That's a very far cry from RM, who can literally choose whatever power he wants, and keep that power indefinitely if he needs to.

Like I said, there may be more scans you didn't post, but your respect thread shows nothing comparable to RM's abilities imo. smile

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Galan007
I don't think so, ...

This scan from your respect thread is the closest thing I could find to your above statements:

http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13fn0.jpg

"

And in that scan, SuperMAN only altered his physiology for 24 hours, allowing him the power needed to defeat Swamp Thing..

That's a very far cry from RM, who can literally choose whatever power he wants, and keep that power indefinitely if he needs to.

Like I said, there may be more scans you didn't post, but your respect thread shows nothing comparable to RM's abilities imo. smile

And this as well...

"I can command anything I desire."

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6965/tangentjla14sq8.th.jpg

No reason to nitpick. When you can grant yourself any power to defeat your enemy and you already start out with a sh*tload of powers...the 24 hour rule doesn't really mean much.

And resurrection man can only have a few powers at once(3 if I remember correctly) plus he needs a device to "kill" him to do it. Harvey doesn't have that limit.

Harvey would pwn RM even easier than Vandal did.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by illadelph12
Could you please name round 2 something else besides "Black on Black Crime", Nvr?
Already done. It's just called 4d and co vs. Monica and co.

Galan007
And this as well...

"I can command anything I desire."

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6965/tangentjla14sq8.th.jpgCool, he made some flames go out. thumb up

stick out tongue
Harvey would pwn RM even easier than Vandal did. *sighs*

I think the mere fact that he's a Superman character, is what leads you to that conclusion. ermm

But When this SuperMAN becomes one with the cosmos, as RM has....... Let me know. smile

Avalonofthewind
Cool, he made some flames go out. thumb up

stick out tongue
*sighs*

I think the mere fact that he's a Superman character, is what leads you to that conclusion. ermm

But When this SuperMAN becomes one with the cosmos, as RM has....... Let me know. smile

So Vandal didn't take over RM's suicide machine and defeat him by killing him over and over again?

Let me know when that weakness is gone. smile

Especially considering that Harvey has technopathy reminiscent of Henshaw.

Galan007
So Vandal didn't take over RM's suicide machine and defeat him by killing him over and over again?

Let me know when that weakness is gone. smile

Especially considering that Harvey has technopathy reminiscent of Henshaw. In a PIS-free battle, it would go like this...

RM kills himself once, unites with the cosmos again, then simply takes the resurrection device off.

smile

Alfheim
Firestorm is black?

Galan007
Originally posted by Alfheim
Firestorm is black? A few of his versions are, . smile

Alfheim
oh.

Avalonofthewind
In a PIS-free battle, it would go like this...

RM kills himself once, unites with the cosmos again, then simply takes the resurrection device off.

smile

In a PIS free fight Harvey would automatically know what powers/kills RM and what he's planning due to his various forms of telepathy and much higher intelligence and take him out like Vandal did. There wouldn't be a coming back..otherwise he would have done that against Vandal.

And this time Martian Manhunter won't be there to save him. smile

If headnet is around, even worse...Harvey will know EVERYTHING he needs to know even faster.

King_Mungi
Do you mean the Lantern that the kids found on new earth in the ION series?

Tangent came around long after Earth Prime was wiped out in the original crisis.

I remember seeing the kids picking it up in Infinite Crisis, I havn't read when this transpired in Ion as I stop collecting the run after like #7 or something. What happened?

Avalonofthewind
I remember seeing the kids picking it up in Infinite Crisis, I havn't read when this transpired in Ion as I stop collecting the run after like #7 or something. What happened?

That was Tangent GL's lantern. The kids were playing with it and Tangent GL appeared. She started sending souls into the bleed, and in their place started bringing Tangent characters through the bleed to New Earth in their place.

Galan007
In a PIS free fight. Harvey would automatically know what powers/kills RM and what he's planning due to his various forms of telepathy and much higher intelligence and take him out like Vandal did. There wouldn't be a coming back..otherwise he would have done that against Vandal.

And this time Martian Manhunter won't be there to save him. smile

If headnet is around, even worse...Harvey will know EVERYTHING he needs to know even faster. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superman pwns everyone in your eyes, so there's no need to drag this out any further. doped

Avalonofthewind
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superman pwns everyone in your eyes, so there's no need to drag this out any further. smile

*Sigh*

And him winning seems to annoy you. After all, you're the one who came in this thread to nitpick over a simple comparison. Nobody said the characters were identical.

Good thing I know both characters just fine, but yes...let's not drag this any further. smile

Galan007
*Sigh*

And him winning seems to annoy you. It only annoys me when people put their love for a character over all logic and reason.

Not saying that's what you're doing, just saying that's the only thing that "annoys" me. smile

Avalonofthewind
It only annoys me when people put their love for a character over all logic and reason.

Not saying that's what you're doing, just saying that's the only thing that "annoys" me. smile

No offense taken...after all, that "annoys" me too. I had to give Eradicator a loss not too long ago. sad

I'm sure you saw my point though..all jokes aside.

Characters like Ress 1M, and SuperMAN are tough to debate due to both limited appearances AND their ability to gain whatever power is needed to defeat just about anyone.

Galan007
No offense taken...after all, that "annoys" me too.

I'm sure you saw my point though..all jokes aside.

Characters like Ress 1M, and SuperMAN are tough to debate due to both limited appearances AND their ability to gain whatever power is needed to defeat just about anyone. Cool, I agree with this. thumb up

All I disagreed with from the start, was SuperMAN being unquestionably more powerful than RM.

I agree it would be close, but you must also agree that RM has done more on panel, in terms of what type of power he can manifest, .

That was the only thing I had a slight problem with. smile

Avalonofthewind
Cool, I agree with this. thumb up

All I disagreed with from the start, was SuperMAN being unquestionably more powerful than RM.

I agree it would be close, but you must also agree that RM has done more on panel, in terms of what type of power he can manifest, .

That was the only thing I had a slight problem with. smile

Never said that Harvey was unquestionably more powerful than RM. The thing is that while RM has been shown to have an exploitable weakness that characters like SuperMAN or Cyborg could take advantage of fairly easily.

Harvey hasn't shown any weaknesses yet and the fact that he constantly upgrades permanently every hour makes him a tough opponent.

I just tried to put it in a tangerine to orange type comparison for those who aren't aware of their abilities.

Galan007
Never said that Harvey was unquestionably more powerful than RM. The thing is that while RM has been shown to have an exploitable weakness that characters like SuperMAN or Cyborg could take advantage of fairly easily.

Harvey hasn't shown any weaknesses yet and the fact that he constantly upgrades permanently every hour makes him a tough opponent.

I just tried to put it in a tangerine to orange type comparison for those who aren't aware of their abilities. Hmmm..

What's SuperMAN appeared in where he's done something? 2-3 comics? confused

Avalonofthewind
Hmmm..

What's SuperMAN appeared in where he's done something? 2-3 comics? confused

Pretty much...not too different from Ress 1M.

Still, at this point... he's all gain and no weaknesses.

That maybe change at some point, we'll see as Tangent is reintroduced.

The interesting thing is that the characters have all aged 10 years...seemingly the Tangent continuity was pretty much untouched...so Harvey is 10 years more powerful...that's a lot of hours.

Time will tell though.

Galan007
Pretty much...not too different from Ress 1M. RM had his own series.

And even RM-1M appeared in a few more comics then SuperMAN...

But yeah, usually when characters are first introduced, they are really powerful, but as their appearances grow, their power seems to shrink.

That's why I kind of hope DC doesn't bring back RM, lol.

Still, at this point... he's all gain and no weaknesses.

That maybe change at some point, we'll see as Tangent is reintroduced.

The interesting thing is that the characters have all aged 10 years...seemingly the Tangent continuity was pretty much untouched...so Harvey is 10 years more powerful...that's a lot of hours.

Time will tell though. We'll see.

DC seems to have a hard time with consistency, and I don't really see them taking the whole "10 years thing" into consideration...

I hope they do though! smile

Avalonofthewind
RM had his own series.

And even RM-1M appeared in a few more comics then SuperMAN...

But yeah, usually when characters are first introduced, they are really powerful, but as their appearances grow, their power seems to shrink.

That's why I kind of hope DC doesn't bring back RM, lol.

We'll see.

DC seems to have a hard time with consistency, and I don't really see them taking the whole "10 years thing" into consideration...

I hope they do though! smile

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/005370894.cfm

Should be interesting...especially in the case of the Tangent wonder woman...now THERE is an uber powerful character who shouldn't be allowed into most debates.

Galan007
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/005370894.cfm
But it also says:

It would be outstanding if SuperMAN has changed for the better!

But we won't know for sure until those titles are released. sad
Should be interesting...especially in the case of the Tangent wonder woman...now THERE is an uber powerful character who shouldn't be allowed into most debates. Could you imagine Tangent WW?

WAY to powerful, lol.

Avalonofthewind
But it also says:

It would be outstanding if SuperMAN has changed for the better!

I saw it..still wanted to link you to the article though. smile

But we won't know for sure until those titles are released. sad
Could you imagine Tangent WW?

WAY to powerful, lol.

Maybe now she'll have the ability to erase people from reality the first picosecond of a fight. stick out tongue

Galan007
I saw it..still wanted to link you to the article though. smile Muchos Gracias. big grin
Maybe now she'll have the ability to erase people from reality the first picosecond of a fight. stick out tongue laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.