How do imagine Ariana to look.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Silent Dreams
I was going to request a new signature of how I imagine Ariana Dumbledore to look.

But I oticed that the book doesnt describe her very well.

I imagine her with long white/blond hair with piercing blue eyes.

How does anybody else imagine Ariana to look?

Arianna
I think she's a little bit like a girl version of Harry's description in the first book, small and scrawny, with pointy elbows and she would be very delicate.

I think there was a breif description of the portrait in the hogshead which was her and she had long blond hair and peircing blue eyes. I think her hair would be curly.

I don't know why I think this but I do.

siriuswriter
There's a chapter image of her in the US edition - of her portrait that the students use to go into Hogwarts from the Hog's Head - I just don't remember what chapter number that is.

goddess_susu
chapter twenty-eight
here, I scanned it for you =)

chillmeistergen
The U.S version has illustrations? Oh dear.

Melcórë
I really dislike the illustrations of the U.S. editions....

goddess_susu
I actually disagree
they've always helped me alotttt
and you can always be sure they're accurate because JK given the discriptions to the artist of how she pictures it

Melcórë

goddess_susu
like I wouldn't have understood Xenophilius's drawing of the dathly hallows of I hadn't seen the drawing

miss_swann
Pictures in Harry Potter... nooooooooo! It's all about imagining for yourself that's why I don't go see the movies! I agree with the person that said the thing about a blond girl version of Harry, I drew a picture which I can't show you because I don't have a scanner, but I can post it on the 31st of August.

Melcórë
I don't mean to say that they aren't helpful; what I should say is that its a matter of taste.

EDIT: The chapter only describes Ariana as being blond. Is she not described or seen in the pictures of Rita Skeeter's book, though, or during their trip to Godric's Hollow?

chillmeistergen
Whoever needs help in using their imagination, shouldn't be allowed to have one.

goddess_susu
its ok, I understand. but for me, for example, since English is not my first language, I like to have the drawings, they speak all languages! lol
The least of my problems is my emagination, believe me!

chillmeistergen
Of course if English is not your first language, it's a different story all together.

goddess_susu
wow
we got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of subject
lol

miss_swann
How do you spel Ariana/Arianna? Someone on here has their name with two n's but I thought it was one?

Melcórë
Well, "Ariana" (with one "n"wink is the historically justified form and which is used in the book.

Arianna
It's always me! I can't spell anything!

But a girl in my school (a year below, I think) has two n's. The way I wrote for my name.

Lana
Originally posted by miss_swann
Pictures in Harry Potter... nooooooooo! It's all about imagining for yourself that's why I don't go see the movies! I agree with the person that said the thing about a blond girl version of Harry, I drew a picture which I can't show you because I don't have a scanner, but I can post it on the 31st of August.

They're just chapter illustration. Little pictures underneath the chapter titles. Not actual full pictures or anything roll eyes (sarcastic) They're pretty cool, actually.

http://gallery.the-leaky-cauldron.org/album/3265

Those are the chapter arts for Deathly Hallows.

Anyway, I don't think Ariana's really described much other than having long blond hair. It's reasonable to assume that she has blue eyes as both her brothers do.

miss_swann
I think those pictures suck! If I ever see the movies that's how disappointing I imagine them to be.

Spidervlad
I saw the movies a loud of times, but I don't let them distract me from my imagination.

For some reason I always imagined Lupin as someone like the guy they made to be Quirrel in the first movie.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Spidervlad
I saw the movies a loud of times, but I don't let them distract me from my imagination.

For some reason I always imagined Lupin as someone like the guy they made to be Quirrel in the first movie.

Agreed. Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson don't look like "my" Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"My" Harry's taller, for one thing. stick out tongue

goddess_susu
Originally posted by Spidervlad

I agree completly
the dude that plays Lupin sounds too much like a rat

and I'm sorry but the way they made hermione look atractive in the movie completly kills her character. the first one her hair was bushy like it was sopposed to be, now they got it in pretty buns, and ponnytails!!!! yuck

Nightingale14
Agreed.I like how Hermione was in the first 2 movies.In the 3rd she looked ok but in the last 2 she looked too pretty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.