Samanouske Akechi vs Ryu Hayabusa Redux

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Snafu's Notes: I did this thread once a while back, but this time around, this matchup is given a complete overhaul and revamped.

And I'll call Samanouske 'Sam' for short, since his name is kinda hard to type up.

Ryu Hayabusa has heard of Capcom's swordsman, known as the Red Onimusha.

Having nothing to do and he needed a good fight to break the boredom of running a curio shop, he sends Kasumi on a small errand: to deliver a letter of challenge to Sam Akechi.

While shooting the Onimusha Dawn of Dreams intro, Kasumi finds Sam going by his other alias: Nankobo Tenkai. Hearing that the infamous Hayabusa superninja is challenging him to a duel of swords, Sam accepts the challenge.

Two men, representing Tecmo and Capcom face off in the ultimate battle.

This match has four rounds. What can happen in four rounds? Easy.

Round One: Ryu and Sam duel with their default weapons: Sam has his normal sword, Ryu has the Dragon Sword.

Round Two: Dual sword battle. Ryu breaks out the Kitetsu while Sam arms himself with the Tenso swords.

Round Three: Anything goes. All weapons, ninpo and other spells are enabled.

Round Four Final Round. Ryu is in Fiend Form and is armed with the True Dragon Sword and the Dark Dragon Sword. Sam is in Onimusha form and is armed with the Bishamon Sword and Genma Samonji.

Superboy Prime
Round 1: Hayabusa. Ryu's uber with that damned sword and I honestly see him being Samanosuke's superior. Although Sam is very skilled by his own right.

Round 2: I was going to give it to Samanosuke because of his impressive display of skill when he used 2 swords and fought 2 monsters at the same time in Onimusha 3's intro. However I realized Ryu had the Kitetsu and that thing is very very dangerous. Do Samanosuke's Tenso swords have any special properties?

Round 3: I think they are even in an all out brawl. Ryu's ninpo is probably more dangerous though. Do note I haven't played Onimusha 3, so I don't know if he has performed spells in cut-scenes and how good they are etc. If Samanosuke manages to ground Hayabusa's teleportation somehow; he can take it.

Round 4: Hayabusa's fiend form is nothing special. He did not show anything above normal Ryu. Also...I don't know if Hayabusa will be able to dual wield the Dark Dragon Blade and the True Dragon Sword. Samanosuke's onimusha form is clearly superior to fiend busa...because it actually upgrades Sam. Again it depends on Samanosuke's weapons having special properties. If the Dark Dragon Blade nails him he should be a goner. But then again Samanosuke's skilled and fast enough to avoid a swing from that huge thing.

Undecided

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Do Samanosuke's Tenso swords have any special properties?

Samanouske's Tenso swords has the power of light. When maxed out, they are very dangerous. My personal favorite weapon to use.

Superboy Prime
But like...what can it do with said power of light?

lightness
i think haya wins except for the last one.

i don't know how sam can win the first fight. haya just seems so much more skilled and can teleport. sam can block a matchlock single bullet while haya can block machine gun fire
sam might be able to pull off a tornado on haya and beat him, in battle 2/3 or he may have the temporary advantage if he can use his regular oni form for a few seconds(might need some purple souls around)

ultra samaa from the future fused with the past after he died.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
But like...what can it do with said power of light?

Remember Sam's Thunder sword from Oni 1? Replace that with the Tenso swords and you'll get a general idea as to its abilities...only much stronger.

lightness
won't tenkei/sam be using staves since he's in his dawn of dreams form?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.