dr strange vs mumm-ra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
who wins both at the peak of their power

guy222
Originally posted by lando005
who wins both at the peak of their power

Mumm-Ra FTW

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Strange may not have enough power here to win

spawnwest
I'm thinking the same thing. I don't think Strange has enough powers to keep up with Mumm-ra. Plus Mumm-ra can summon evil powers from spirits from across the universe.

h1a8
strange makes him see his reflection.

spawnwest
Originally posted by h1a8
strange makes him see his reflection.

WOW....good call....but doesn't this only work when mumm-ra is in caveman form??

Couldn't mumm-ra also summon Stranges powers and use it against him?

Hitman911
The most powerful Mumm-Ra isnt effected by mirrors.
Mumm-Ra has an even more powerful form beyond "Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living" called "Mumm-Ra the All-Powerful": in this manifestation, Mumm-Ra absorbs the entire power of the Ancient Spirits of Evil to become grander in size and strength, and the design pattern on his loin cloth changes, as does his voice (this form was only presented in the series twice). In another incarnation, calling himself "Mumm-Ra the Dream Master," he is able to enter dreams to subliminally influence the ThunderCats in their sleep as a form of mind control.Mumm-Ra possesses nearly unlimited knowledge of and experience with numerous mystical arts from all corners of the universe. As such, he can summon their use to assist him in almost any manner he chooses, most commonly being: flight by self-levitation, necromancy, alchemy, transmogrification, temporal manipulation, teleportation, telekinesis, mind-control, astral projection, scrying, energy blasts, etc.

While in the form of Mumm-Ra the Everliving, he becomes a conduit for the Ancient Spirits of Evil; such that he can amplify his aforementioned abilities to a nearly cosmic scale, gain superhuman strength, as well as retain his undead status despite the passage of time or any injuries sustained. It should be noted that his power in this form is directly linked to the condition of the Ancient Spirits' four statues within his pyramid; should any of them be harmed or destroyed, his power weakens considerably

Demogorge
Mumm-Ra FTW

Endless Mike
Strange could destroy the statues

h1a8
Dr. Strange can manipulate time.
Something mumm-ra has never been shown to do.
So strange 10/10

quanchi112
dr strange crushes him.

lando005
Originally posted by h1a8
Dr. Strange can manipulate time.
Something mumm-ra has never been shown to do.
So strange 10/10 mumm ra can also manipulate time and unlike strange he can manipulate both time and space at once strange could do one or the other but not both. Not taking sides just wanted to point that out

lando005
this would be a nice loooong drawn out fight while mumm ra out classes strange in both power and ability in my oppinion i think strange is the quicker thinker of the two and pull off more spells on the fly. Being a natural magical entity mumm ra is more powerful than strange so a head on battle would not be the best way to go i think doc strange would see this and try to cut mumm ra off from his power source and seal him away.

long pig
I can't do it....can't go against anything "Thundercats"....can't...do it.

THUNDERCATS HOOOOO!!!!!

Hitman911
"Mumm-Ra the All-Powerful" FTW!!

King_Mungi
Originally posted by long pig
I can't do it....can't go against anything "Thundercats"....can't...do it.

THUNDERCATS HOOOOO!!!!!

Their making a new upcoming movie of them smile

Hitman911
Originally posted by King_Mungi
is that before or after the DBZ movie laughing out loud ?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Hitman911

It's CGI, based on the format of the recent Ninja Turtles movie. No live action sad

Hitman911
It's CGI, based on the format of the recent Ninja Turtles movie. No live action sad
that sucks. mad

long pig
I hear it's CGI. It's one of those movies I'll go see alone, so I can totally geek out without feeling totally pathetic.

King_Mungi
Yeah it is CGI, *points to my above post*

long pig
Yeah it is CGI, *points to my above post*
You know I try my best not to read your posts.

BAH! I did it again!

King Kandy
Well since this is Mumm-Ra at his most powerful, he has that one sphere thing that made him around 4x his usual power.

lando005
what about both at normal levels

King_Mungi
Originally posted by long pig
You know I try my best not to read your posts.

BAH! I did it again!

Uuuuuuhhh..I love you?

lando005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umU8vKRNnRw

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Hitman911

Well I'll be...

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6267

lando005
Well I'll be...

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6267 huh son of a gun so they are seriously thinking about it

Laminator_X
Strange steals Mumm-Ra's power.

lando005
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Strange steals Mumm-Ra's power. how

Laminator_X
Same way he does to lots of other "All-Powerful" beings that get in his way. He frequenly does this to high-powered entities, but he's also done it to random dudes like Mordo. Check out the Strange respect thread, there're plenty of examples.

spawnwest
Strange steals Mumm-Ra's power.

How???

If anything Mumm-Ra could summons Strange's powers and use it against him.

lando005
Same way he does to lots of other "All-Powerful" beings that get in his way. He frequenly does this to high-powered entities, but he's also done it to random dudes like Mordo. Check out the Strange respect thread, there're plenty of examples. strange can do a lot but somehow i dont see that happening especially when u consider where mumm ra gets his power

Laminator_X
Originally posted by spawnwest
How???

Like this:
http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=infinite32vs.jpg

(From the aforementionned Doctor Strange Respect Thread

If you read through that thread and still think Mumm-Ra would win, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

lando005
Like this:
http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=infinite32vs.jpg

(From the aforementionned Doctor Strange Respect Thread

If you read through that thread and still think Mumm-Ra would win, we'll just have to agree to disagree. doesn't mean he can do that to anybody now does it other wise no one could beat him

Laminator_X
doesn't mean he can do that to anybody now does it other wise no one could beat him

True enough, but I've never seen it fail and it's worked on bigger fish than Mumm. Again, it's all in the respect thread.

lando005
True enough, but I've never seen it fail and it's worked on bigger fish than Mumm. Again, it's all in the respect thread. mumm-ra's power comes from 4 evil deities i think they would have something to say about strange trying to steal their power so i would say that option is out of the question he's good but he aint overpowering 4 evil gods

Laminator_X
Strange whups more evil deities before 7AM than most wizards do all day. If you'd bother to have read the respect thread any of the three times I'd suggested it, you wouldn't continue to display your ignorance.

lando005
Strange whups more evil deities before 7AM than most wizards do all day. If you'd bother to have read the respect thread any of the three times I'd suggested it, you wouldn't continue to display your ignorance. i'm not being ignorant but how many times has strange taken on multiple cosmic level deities at once... plus i'm at work right now cant spend too much time looking through the respect threads

spawnwest
mumm-ra's power comes from 4 evil deities i think they would have something to say about strange trying to steal their power so i would say that option is out of the question he's good but he aint overpowering 4 evil gods

And not only that Mumm-Ra can also summon any evil spirit from across the universe at will.

lando005
And not only that Mumm-Ra can also summon any evil spirit from across the universe at will. i thought he could only summon the power of the 4?

spawnwest
i thought he could only summon the power of the 4?

those core 4 gives him the majority of his powers (or instant power at his will)...however if they were destroyed..mumm-ra would be weak and he'll have to search for another evil power source

it also works the other way...he could also tap into evil source greater than those 4

lando005
those core 4 gives him the majority of his powers (or instant power at his will)...however if they were destroyed..mumm-ra would be weak and he'll have to search for another evil power source

it also works the other way...he could also tap into evil source greater than those 4 when was that explained i dont remember that

LordKaos
Strange would be able to easily steal power from Mumm-ra if his power (Mumma-ra) was of the "dimension" Strange is Sorceror Supreme of, this is not the case. Although marvel orginally made Thundercats into a comic, they operated outside of the "Earth Dimension" Strange was supreme in, and then they were moved to other companies anyway. As long as there is evil Mumm-ra lives Mumm-ra eh eh lives hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lando005
Originally posted by LordKaos
Strange would be able to easily steal power from Mumm-ra if his power (Mumma-ra) was of the "dimension" Strange is Sorceror Supreme of, this is not the case. Although marvel orginally made Thundercats into a comic, they operated outside of the "Earth Dimension" Strange was supreme in, and then they were moved to other companies anyway. As long as there is evil Mumm-ra lives Mumm-ra eh eh lives hahahahahahahahahahahahaha dude... great mumm-ra impression

Laminator_X
Sorry to get testy. There're multiple feats in the RT that trump Mumm-Ra's best. I'm not going to transcribe them all here. We put them all in one place so they can be referred to.

lando005
Sorry to get testy. There're multiple feats in the RT that trump Mumm-Ra's best. I'm not going to transcribe them all here. We put them all in one place so they can be referred to. we'll see theoretically if these 2 dont job they could do just about anything

lando005
bump

spawnwest
when was that explained i dont remember that

wasn't that explain in the same eposide where they revealed that mumm-ra's real name was Wahankh. it explained that the current 4 is reasonable for giving him his current powers. if you destroyed those 4 he would just search for evil else where.

lando005
wasn't that explain in the same eposide where they revealed that mumm-ra's real name was Wahankh. it explained that the current 4 is reasonable for giving him his current powers. if you destroyed those 4 he would just search for evil else where. see i don't remember an episode that ever talked about mumm-ra's real name, i knew about the statue part, that if they are damaged or destroyed he would loose his powers but that's about it

lando005
ok found the real name thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.