The Cruciatus Curse: Tell me why you believe it is unforgivable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
In general, I consider rabid Harry Potter fans to be something less than human, relatively unworthy of my time.

However, you may be able to redeem yourselves by answering this question:

"Why is the Cruciatus curse unforgivable?"

I'll give you a hint: there are two reasons, and only one of them is specifically mentioned.

Blue_Hefner
Any time you put someone in pain intentionally is quite unforgivable in my eyes.

FeceMan
I guess those doctors who worked pre-anesthesia were all going straight to hell, then.

DarkC
Because it's torture. Think whatever us Muggles have for torture, take that and mutiply it five times over. They have magic to do it, we don't.

Do you think torture is a forgivable thing?

FeceMan
You have only given the obvious reason. I told you that there were two.

Then again, what was I to expect from H.P. fanatics...?

willRules
Originally posted by FeceMan

Wow, you are rude and stupid, how does this combination help you outside the forums? Been violently attacked lately? No? Shame sad

~LunaLoveG~

hmm...how about a wand up your a$$.

honestly. if you think it is such a waste of time why bother. Wiki it or something. don't get an excuse to push around HP fanatics of which we are proud to be

Council#13

Rather than being offensive, why don't you enlighten us, oh brilliant one?

Unicor777
In general, I consider rabid Harry Potter fans to be something less than human, relatively unworthy of my time.

I'll give you a hint: there are two reasons, and only one of them is specifically mentioned.

Because if you were closer to me I would have used it on you. And only then you would realize whow stupid you are to come here and bark so stupidly. You prat

I'm giving you a hint: Do this again and I will report you!

eggmayo
You know the reason most people troll on Harry Potter fans is because they claim to be able to do magic on them? erm

FeceMan
Statement: The responses elicited are those as expected from Harry Potter fans--both unintelligent and demonstrating the inability to see beyond the figurative ends of their own noses.

Statement: There are two components to the Cruciatus curse: the incantation itself and the will of the caster.

Evidence: In the battle of the Department of Mysteries, Harry attempts to use the Cruciatus curse on Bellatrix Lestrange. It is ineffective, and she taunts him saying, "You've got to mean them, Potter! Righteous anger won't hurt me for long."

She also explains that the Cruciatus curse is only effective when the caster is causing pain for the (perverse) enjoyment of causing another to be in pain.

Corollary: For the Cruciatus curse to work, it indicates a mentality in the caster: sadism.

Conclusion: The Cruciatus curse is unforgivable not only because it is a curse designed specifically to torture, but the curse's effectiveness is based upon the mindset of the caster that, when effective, indicates that the caster is dangerous to everyone around him or her.

DanZeke25
Statement: The responses elicited are those as expected from Harry Potter fans--both unintelligent and demonstrating the inability to see beyond the figurative ends of their own noses.

Statement: There are two components to the Cruciatus curse: the incantation itself and the will of the caster.

Evidence: In the battle of the Department of Mysteries, Harry attempts to use the Cruciatus curse on Bellatrix Lestrange. It is ineffective, and she taunts him saying, "You've got to mean them, Potter! Righteous anger won't hurt me for long."

She also explains that the Cruciatus curse is only effective when the caster is causing pain for the (perverse) enjoyment of causing another to be in pain.

Corollary: For the Cruciatus curse to work, it indicates a mentality in the caster: sadism.

Conclusion: The Cruciatus curse is unforgivable not only because it is a curse designed specifically to torture, but the curse's effectiveness is based upon the mindset of the caster that, when effective, indicates that the caster is dangerous to everyone around him or her.

Ok.

Melcórë

*Claps*

If anything, it sounds like it is you who has put too much time into thinking about Harry Potter.

Syren

Well written, no doubt spot on, blah blah blah.

I am, however, offended by the fact that you decided to label every HP fan as 'unintelligent' and unable to 'see beyond... their own noses'. I don't think it likely that you'll care whether I'm offended or not, I just thought I'd throw it out there. I'm offended. I love Harry Potter, I don't think I'm stupid or short-sighted and I am offended smile

Nightingale14

If you aren't a HP fan then how do you know all this??

Syren
He's lying ermm

Infinity
Originally posted by Unicor777
I'm giving you a hint: Do this again and I will report you!

xDDD no1 likes a snitch

steverules
Why make a thread asking why it's unforgivable when you know why it's unforgivable? confused

Arianna
I'm unintelligent but a lot of HP fans are really clever and work out all the inner meanings to stuff.

For your information I did know both reasons the cruciatus curse is unforgivable! And I'm really stupid! So it doesn't make you clever knowing if people like me can work it out!

willRules
Originally posted by steverules
Why make a thread asking why it's unforgivable when you know why it's unforgivable? confused

Because the Creator of the thread gets to seem more intelligent by calling others stupid and boring us with a piece of information I couldn't care less about but makes the guy who insults everyone feel like a big clever boy yes

Syren
thumb up

Surio
I just want to know why Harry Potter fans are "less than human"

~LunaLoveG~

well well aren't we impressed smile. your questioning the curse could have done without the flame of the potter people evil

Council#13

What you've stated is no more than what some people have said, only with more words in quantity and complexity obviously used to make the writer seem more intelligent.

FeceMan
Statement: FeceMan has only insulted those Harry Potter fans as classified as "rabid."

Corollary: Unless one is a "rabid" Harry Potter fan, then one ought not to feel offended.
Originally posted by Council#13
What you've stated is no more than what some people have said, only with more words in quantity and complexity obviously used to make the writer seem more intelligent.
Statement: Failure has achieved maximum capacity. Council#13 should abort posting immediately.

Declaration: FeceMan has provided an insight into the Cruciatus curse that no one else on the Harry Potter forum did.

Conclusion: Council#13's statement is erroneous.

DanZeke25
Statement: FeceMan has only insulted those Harry Potter fans as classified as "rabid."

Corollary: Unless one is a "rabid" Harry Potter fan, then one ought not to feel offended.

Statement: Failure has achieved maximum capacity. Council#13 should abort posting immediately.

Declaration: FeceMan has provided an insight into the Cruciatus curse that no one else on the Harry Potter forum did.

This post is full of win.

Surio

Hmm, maybe because nobody cares?

willRules

Translating...........

Please, look at me! I'm a big and clever boy. By pointlessly angering Harry Potter fans, I've proven that my immaturity knows no bounds.I am the greatest!!!! WUHHHOOO eek! Happy Dance

Please pay me more attention.

Syren
laughing

Oh, wow...

Nightingale14
lol

Surio
WillRules, that post made me laugh, and it's true! :O

Infinity
Originally posted by Surio
WillRules, that post made me laugh, and it's true! :O

big grin

FeceMan
Originally posted by willRules
Translating...........
Statement: Willrules is an idiot.

Evidence: His grammar and analysis of FeceMan demonstrate a poor-quality intellect.
Originally posted by Surio
Hmm, maybe because nobody cares?
Query: If nobody cares, then why did anybody try to answer the question posed?

Declaration: Surio is incorrect because there are at least some people who paid mind to the thread.

DarkC

We care about this thread and what you stated about to the same extent as a lazy college slacker cares about wiping his ass when he takes a shit, actually. Which is to say...not much.

~KoK!~

Evidence: His grammar and analysis of FeceMan demonstrate a poor-quality intellect.

Declaration: Surio is incorrect because there are at least some people who paid mind to the thread. Statement: FeceMan is a hypocrite.

Evidence: He claims he's able to see beyond, and pick up on deeper meaning, and subtle details, and yet he fails to realize that in the following sentence, "demonstrate" required an "s" at the end.

Conclusion: FeceMan needs to get laid.

FeceMan
Originally posted by ~KoK!~
Statement: FeceMan is a hypocrite.

Evidence: He claims he's able to see beyond, and pick up on deeper meaning, and subtle details, and yet he fails to realize that in the following sentence, "demonstrate" required an "s" at the end.

Conclusion: FeceMan needs to get laid.
Declaration:

Statement: ~KoK!~ does not understand the manner in which English works with regard to plural nouns and verb conjugation.

Quotation: "Evidence: His grammar and analysis of FeceMan demonstrate a poor-quality intellect."

Statement: Truncating FeceMan's statement by using a pronoun to describe "grammar and analysis" reads as follows:

"Evidence: They demonstrate a poor-quality intellect."

Declaration: The antecedents of "they" in that sentence are "grammar" and "analysis"; the use of the "they" is correct.

Conclusion: Since "they" is plural, the verb "demonstrate" requires a third-person plural conjugation--which is the word "demonstrate" rather than demonstrates.

Corollary: ~KoK!~ should stop posting before he is further embarrassed.

Barker
If only one reason is mentioned, it's probably because it's the only reason.

Not unless you are Jk Rowling herself. Otherwise, the other reason is nothing more than your idea, and this thread is really only an excuse to bash Harry Potter fans.

willRules

Declaration: Surio is incorrect because there are at least some people who paid mind to the thread.

Why are you sooo mean????? cry Is it because I'm a fan of Harry Potter? Is it because I replied to your insults in an equally insulting manner???

Or is it because it makes you feel good to go to a forum, insult it's regular residents with useless, witless prattle and then feel affronted when they don't pay you attention and obediently respect you for being the true master of the eloquent tongue that you are???????? roll eyes (sarcastic)

In other words.............

YOU SUCK!

Council#13

Oooo clever. Maybe I'll consider your suggestion that I should stop posting. For about as long as you'll consider not going around purposely trying to offend people and instigate fights.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Barker
If only one reason is mentioned, it's probably because it's the only reason.

Not unless you are Jk Rowling herself. Otherwise, the other reason is nothing more than your idea, and this thread is really only an excuse to bash Harry Potter fans.
Statement: While FeceMan enjoys bashing Harry Potter fans, it is not the reason that FeceMan created this thread.
Why are you sooo mean????? cry Is it because I'm a fan of Harry Potter? Is it because I replied to your insults in an equally insulting manner???

Or is it because it makes you feel good to go to a forum, insult it's regular residents with useless, witless prattle and then feel affronted when they don't pay you attention and obediently respect you for being the true master of the eloquent tongue that you are???????? roll eyes (sarcastic)

In other words.............
Declaration: FeceMan is only cruel when others have made themselves deserving of his cruelty.
Oooo clever. Maybe I'll consider your suggestion that I should stop posting. For about as long as you'll consider not going around purposely trying to offend people and instigate fights.
Statement: A single retort filled with such terrible wit has never stung FeceMan so.

Barker
Statement: While FeceMan enjoys bashing Harry Potter fans, it is not the reason that FeceMan created this thread.

I see you ignored my other comment. srug

LaLuna
How strange. A forum created not only to raise the self-esteem of one, but to bash others intelligence, make fun of our beloved Harry, and tell us we're stupid.

He's obviously a slytherin at heart, HP fan or not. big grin

~KoK!~
Declaration:

Statement: ~KoK!~ does not understand the manner in which English works with regard to plural nouns and verb conjugation.

Quotation: "Evidence: His grammar and analysis of FeceMan demonstrate a poor-quality intellect."

Statement: Truncating FeceMan's statement by using a pronoun to describe "grammar and analysis" reads as follows:

Declaration: The antecedents of "they" in that sentence are "grammar" and "analysis"; the use of the "they" is correct.

Conclusion: Since "they" is plural, the verb "demonstrate" requires a third-person plural conjugation--which is the word "demonstrate" rather than demonstrates.

Corollary: ~KoK!~ should stop posting before he is further embarrassed. Yeah, you're wrong. "They" is plural, therefore, the verb must match it's plurality. therefore, Demonstrates.

Conclusion: Stop masturbation so vigorously.

willRules
Declaration: FeceMan is only cruel when others have made themselves deserving of his cruelty.

I'd hate to be your parents yes

Council#13

Statement: A single retort filled with such terrible wit has never stung FeceMan so.

Response to FeceMan's statement: pffft, I find that hard to believe.

Response to FeceMan's declaration: I find that difficult believe, also.

Response to FeceMan's second statement: oh, another clever comment! I think that I should start giving cookies to you now, seeing as you're so smart! Well, isn't that what you want to hear? That you're so much intellectually superior than the rest of the world?

DanZeke25
Yeah, you're wrong. "They" is plural, therefore, the verb must match it's plurality. therefore, Demonstrates.

Dude, I'm pretty sure it's demonstrate. Quit while you aren't too far behind. laughing

FeceMan
Yeah, you're wrong. "They" is plural, therefore, the verb must match it's plurality. therefore, Demonstrates.

Declaration, colloquial: God, you fail at everything.

Statement: FeceMan will show the appropriate conjugation of the verb "demonstrate."

I demonstrate,
You demonstrate,
He/she/it demonstrates,
We demonstrate,
They demonstrate.

Conclusion: ~KoK!~ is not only a buffoon, but he is grammatically erroneous as well.
Response to FeceMan's statement: pffft, I find that hard to believe.

Response to FeceMan's declaration: I find that difficult believe, also.

Response to FeceMan's second statement: oh, another clever comment! I think that I should start giving cookies to you now, seeing as you're so smart! Well, isn't that what you want to hear? That you're so much intellectually superior than the rest of the world?
Statement: While FeceMan enjoys cookies, FeceMan does not require them to know he is intellectually superior to most Harry Potter fans.

Evidence: The Harry Potter forum reminds him of the OTF with a topic.

Rhetorical query: For how long will Council#13 puzzle over that?

steverules

How are Harry Potter fans trying to answer your question, deserving of your cruelty?

Syren
Could Feceman please explain what's going on here? For me, again, because I must have missed the point shrug

Council#13
Rhetorical query: For how long will Council#13 puzzle over that?

For about as long as it takes you to accept the cookie!

willRules
Originally posted by Syren
Could Feceman please explain what's going on here? For me, again, because I must have missed the point shrug

I'm not even sure Feceman can answer that one. The important thing is that everyone is paying him all the attention yes

Go Feceman! You rock!!!! You show those Harry Potter fans how wrong they are for disrespecting you for the cool guy (I'm presuming you are male, as much as it is an insult to myself and every male on the planet to call you this) that you are. How dare these reasonable thinking people expect a true master of social etiquette like yourself to enter there forums, insult them, unprovoked, and then act surprised when they retaliate to your extremely pointless and absurd pleas for attention? Keep up the abysmal work my socially and mentally inept friend, you are providing me with an entertaining conversation Happy Dance

FeceMan
Declaration:

potterz honey
If you detest HP fans so much don't come on our forum.Thank you.

steverules
I'm not even sure Feceman can answer that one. The important thing is that everyone is paying him all the attention yes

Go Feceman! You rock!!!! You show those Harry Potter fans how wrong they are for disrespecting you for the cool guy (I'm presuming you are male, as much as it is an insult to myself and every male on the planet to call you this) that you are. How dare these reasonable thinking people expect a true master of social etiquette like yourself to enter there forums, insult them, unprovoked, and then act surprised when they retaliate to your extremely pointless and absurd pleas for attention? Keep up the abysmal work my socially and mentally inept friend, you are providing me with an entertaining conversation Happy Dance

Will...you may wanna look at his gender...it says Male, so you don't have to presume wink

willRules
Will...you may wanna look at his gender...it says Male, so you don't have to presume wink

Well Steve it also says male under your name but that's not true now is it? stick out tongue

dadudemon
Declaration:

Corollary: ~KoK!~ should stop posting before he is further embarrassed.

Beat me to it...

That right there, ladies and gentleman, is utter pwnage.

dadudemon

Sorry dude...he is right, perfectly.

And your conclusion is wrong as well..

it should read...

"Statement: Stop masturbating so vigorously."

Conclusion would read

"Conclusion: Your idiocracy is pontentiated by your vigorous masturbation."

Dude, you are hurting yourself.

Anyway...

I am not a HP fan and knew the answers to his questions. I have read all of the books except the last one and I have seen all of the movies. That is the extent of my HP "fanaticism". I only came here because no one was posting in the OTF.

steverules
Well Steve it also says male under your name but that's not true now is it? stick out tongue

yes Will it is true I am male, thats why I have a male name stick out tongue

Syren
Originally posted by dadudemon
Sorry dude...he is right, perfectly.

And your conclusion is wrong as well..

it should read...

"Statement: Stop masturbating so vigorously."

Conclusion would read

"Conclusion: Your idiocracy is pontentiated by your vigorous masturbation."

Dude, you are hurting yourself.

Anyway...

I am not a HP fan and knew the answers to his questions. I have read all of the books except the last one and I have seen all of the movies. That is the extent of my HP "fanaticism". I only came here because no one was posting in the OTF.

Could you possibly lick his butt any more? stick out tongue

FeceMan
Declaration: Trolling Harry Potter fans is easier than trolling Calvinists.

chillmeistergen
I think anyone who has to title each paragraph of their posts, seemingly in order to remember what point they're trying to make, is in no place to lecture people on the wanders of the English language.

FeceMan
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I think anyone who has to title each paragraph of their posts, seemingly in order to remember what point they're trying to make, is in no place to lecture people on the wanders of the English language.
Statement: FeceMan is unaware of the "wanders" of the English language.

Query: Would chillmeistergen be so kind as to elaborate on these so-called "wanders"?

Declaration: FeceMan does not title his paragraphs out of necessity but rather a mingling of desire and amusement.

Conjecture: Chillmeistergen has made a feeble attempt at insulting FeceMan.

Plausible Conclusion: Chillmeistergen has failed at insulting FeceMan.

willRules
Plausible Conclusion: Chillmeistergen has failed at insulting FeceMan.

I think everyone who has posted on this thread realises that the only failure here is Feceman big grin

FeceMan
I think everyone who has posted on this thread realises that the only failure here is Feceman big grin
Statement: FeceMan is the only person in the thread that has posted any moderate degree of insight into the Cruciatus curse.

Statement: FeceMan has dismissed with ease the insults of others.

Conclusion: FeceMan has not failed.

willRules
Yeah you totally pwn for telling us all something nobody cared about roll eyes (sarcastic)

FeceMan
Statement: FeceMan has in no way stated that all Harry Potter fans are mentally incompetent. Rather, FeceMan said that he believed rabid Harry Potter fans to be mentally inept.

Taig Man
Listen FeceMan or whatever the **** your name is. You sound to me to be one of those douche bags who doesn't fit in so he trys to make him self feel better by thinking he's better than everybody else. No matter how much you make fun of "harry potter fans" your still on a god dam harry potter forum talking about some fancy detail in the harry potter series. And frankly I don't have a problem with that, I respect these people, I'm one of them. But to come in here and break everybody's balls. Who the hell do you think you are?

steverules
Has anyone reported feceman to the moderators?? Lets face it this isn't a question thread but rather a 'Insult the Harry Potter fans thread.'

nmensfinest
So what? It was funny.

willRules
I'm not reporting him, Feceman is hilarious. yes

Council#13
Statement: FeceMan is the only person in the thread that has posted any moderate degree of insight into the Cruciatus curse.

These are all your own personal opinions.

Has anyone reported feceman to the moderators?? Lets face it this isn't a question thread but rather a 'Insult the Harry Potter fans thread.'

Seeing from what he's posted in other forums, I think he has been reported, but the Moderators haven't done anything about it. Of course, I might be wrong about someone reporting him.

steverules
I'm not reporting him, Feceman is hilarious. yes

Meh ok then

Nightingale14

I never get what you sayerm

willRules
Originally posted by Nightingale14

Don't worry, most of it is just immature comments peppered with the occasional bout of eloquence to make Fecemen appear "Really clever."

I think people should just keep him happy and tell him he is a big clever boy yes

chillmeistergen
Statement: FeceMan has in no way stated that all Harry Potter fans are mentally incompetent. Rather, FeceMan said that he believed rabid Harry Potter fans to be mentally inept.

Rabid? Do you know what means? Do you actually mean avid?

FeceMan
Statement: As Nightingale14 is a Harry Potter fan, this is not surprising to FeceMan.

Self-Query: Is Nightingale14 a "rabid" Harry Potter fan, though?
Self-Declaration: It matters not, for she too serves as troll-fodder.
Don't worry, most of it is just immature comments peppered with the occasional bout of eloquence to make Fecemen appear "Really clever."

I think people should just keep him happy and tell him he is a big clever boy yes
Statement: WillRules sounds like a broken record.
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Rabid? Do you know what means? Do you actually mean avid?
Declaration: FeceMan has used the word that he has intended to use.

willRules
Statement: As Nightingale14 is a Harry Potter fan, this is not surprising to FeceMan.

Self-Query: Is Nightingale14 a "rabid" Harry Potter fan, though?
Self-Declaration: It matters not, for she too serves as troll-fodder.

Statement: WillRules sounds like a broken record.

laughing

Hypocrite.

Keep trollin, trollin, trollin

FeceMan
Declaration: FeceMan shall continue to do so.

steverules
Your a big clever boy feceMan roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
It's trolling, Fece. Cut it out. if you want to open some kind of trivia Potter thread asking questions you know the answer to, fine, but do not do it in such an obviously aggressive way intended to demean others.

I'd heavily advise cutting out the godawful impersonation as well.

FeceMan
Assertation: FeceMan is indeed a clever male.

Council#13
Would it be safe to ask if this thread should be closed, seeing as FeceMan was given a warning not to continue trolling (which is probably the only reason why this thread is still alive)?

Nightingale14
well,report this thread to be closed...

Council#13
I'll do no such thing!

Syren
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's trolling, Fece. Cut it out. if you want to open some kind of trivia Potter thread asking questions you know the answer to, fine, but do not do it in such an obviously aggressive way intended to demean others.

I'd heavily advise cutting out the godawful impersonation as well.

I presume this was overlooked.

steverules
Feceman is trying to be like HK-47 from star wars!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e5gTrRzIxA

Feceman starts his senteces like HK-47...the plot thickens big grin

Ushgarak
Yes, that was the godawful impersonation; he's not the first to do it, and won't be the last, and it was never anything approaching a worthwhile thing to do.

steverules
Other people have done it??? I've only seen it with feceman...I thought it was familiar

dadudemon

willRules

Syren

FeceMan
I presume this was overlooked.
Statement: Syren confuses "overlooked" with "ignored."
Feceman is trying to be like HK-47 from star wars!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e5gTrRzIxA

Feceman starts his senteces like HK-47...the plot thickens big grin
Statement, dry: How quick-witted of steverules to notice this.
Why is it amusing? You should definitely find a hobby... and I doubt anyone's squirming due to his 'intellectual might' roll eyes (sarcastic)

More like cringing from discomfort due to his obvious self love - as well as your obvious brown nosing smile
Statement: As much as dadudemon agrees with FeceMan does Syren agree with Ushgarak.

Statement: Syren has declared that dadudemon's behavior is "brown-nosing" and that he needs to "find a hobby."

Conclusion: Syren should stop "brown-nosing" Ushgarak and find herself some other form of activity in which she can partake.
So how do you know Feceman? sock of him? His boyfriend? Is he your girlfriend?
Statement: WillRules's pitiful attempts at mockery are laughable.

Nightingale14
Um..If Hp fans are "stupid",then how are we supposed to know what you just said?

steverules
Well I thought it would be nice for people to know that your copying a robot from Star Wars feceman, it's fine that a robot does it but then some dude trys doing it on a forum...thats just lame dude...or dudette cause you might be a female

FeceMan
Um..If Hp fans are "stupid",then how are we supposed to know what you just said?
Statement: Yet again, FeceMan must reiterate that it is not Harry Potter fans who are stupid but rabid Harry Potter fans.
Well I thought it would be nice for people to know that your copying a robot from Star Wars feceman, it's fine that a robot does it but then some dude trys doing it on a forum...thats just lame dude...or dudette cause you might be a female
Statement: When FeceMan cares about steverules's opinion of FeceMan, he will notify steverules.

sithlord1138
Do u take pride in being a pompous a-hole?

FeceMan
Originally posted by sithlord1138
Do u take pride in being a pompous a-hole?
Query: Should FeceMan?

sithlord1138
Thats up 2 u man.

RoguePw25

FaceMan, you are intentionally baiting members to an arguement. Anytime you start a thread by labeling HP fans, calling them unintellegent, etc. that is uncalled for and is member bashing. This is your warning. Do not continue doing this please.

CLOSED.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.