iispoilers!! The deathly ring and grumpy locket

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arianna
Dumbeldore wore Slytherins ring and he got ill from wearing it and had a year to live. Well do you think if Harry, Ron or Hermione had worn the locket the whole time they too would have become in danger of their lives? Do you think they saved themselves by taking turns? Or was it just grumpiness in the locket?

siriuswriter
Dumbledore wasn't going to die from the ring - he was going to die from the curse put upon the ring, which is why his hand "died." That deadness was spreading throughout his body; it would have killed him instantly if Snape had not been there to slow (not stop) the decay. Dumbledore wanted to go on his own terms, which is why he asked Snape to kill him in the first place.

So no, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were not destined to die from the locket - I suspect that the reason that their moods soured whenever they wore it was because of the close contact to such a Dark object, not any sort of curse or protection on the locket itself. Remember, the protection on the locket was the green potion in the Cave. Likewise, the protection on the ring was that sort of spreading death that Dumbledore got - he admitted he was just so interested in trying on the ring that he didn't think about any protection that might be on it.

Hope this makes sense. smile

Arianna
oh thank you, I get it so all the things are protected like the cup in gringots, but how was the Ravenclaw thingy protected?

~KoK!~
Originally posted by Arianna
oh thank you, I get it so all the things are protected like the cup in gringots, but how was the Ravenclaw thingy protected? It was hidden in a place Tom Riddle thought it'd never be found.

tigress
I found the evil locket thing a bit LoTR to be honest great reading though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.