Ryu Hayabusa vs Resident Evil (Gamecube Remake)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
I always wondered how Mr. Hayabusa would fare in the remake of my all-time favorite survival horror game.

So let's stick him into the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil.

Ryu's equipment is as follows:

1. Dragon Sword
2. Kitetsu
3. Shurikens (Normal, Windmill and Incendiary - 30 each)
4. Bow/Strongbow

Ninpo he has to pick up on site.

To make things even more difficult, Ryu has to experience One Dangerous Zombie mode (i.e., a grenade-laden, zombified Forest Speyer chasing you), only this time, Forest chases you throughout, rather than just the mansion. Even moreso, the Zombies that Ryu fail to property dispose of will become Crimson Heads in half the time it normally takes.

Get ready, Ryu Hayabusa. You are about to experience the world of Survival Horror.

Guilty Gear
He clears it and with ease might I add.

Superboy Prime
He will be decapitating a lot of zombies.

However the Tyrant is tough...but I can see it falling after a couple of Ninpo blasts. He'll be saving a lot of ninpo because I don't see any other instance where he should use it...

But then again there's Lisa...who is like immortal and stuff...but she's too slow to pose a threat.

Guilty Gear
Does her immortality make her impossible to put down?

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
He clears it and with ease might I add.

Not quite. I knew this would happen, so I added on the One Dangerous Zombie mode as a stipulation.

Meaning...you cannot attack the zombified Forest Speyer in any form or fashion. You touch him...Boom.

Superboy Prime
And he knows he blows up if he touches it, right?

In that instance Ryu runs on walls, teleports, leaps etc. his ass out of Forest's way to avoid getting blown up.

Hmm wait...so forest is chasing him all the ****ing time while Hayabusa clears the game?

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Not quite. I knew this would happen, so I added on the One Dangerous Zombie mode as a stipulation.

Meaning...you cannot attack the zombified Forest Speyer in any form or fashion. You touch him...Boom. Ryu shoots the piece of shit from a distance...pop goes the piece of shit.

That alright?

Superboy Prime
Ryu shoots the piece of shit from a distance...pop goes the piece of shit.

That alright?

No.

I understand what he is trying to stipulate. Hayabusa cannot kill it. If he touches/kills it it is game over for him. So what Snafu is trying to establish is that while Hayabusa is fighting zombies, dogs, hunters spiders, giant snakes, sharks etc. he has to be aware of forest.

Which is a cool stipulation IMO.

lightness
ryu can throw shrukens at him and blast him with ninpo and be out of there before the explosure reaches him

Snafu the Great
Ryu shoots the piece of shit from a distance...pop goes the piece of shit.

That alright?

Nope. You touch him, everything goes up in one big-ass fireball...including Ryu.

See video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67qBqH8JE7c&mode=related&search=

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
And he knows he blows up if he touches it, right?

In that instance Ryu runs on walls, teleports, leaps etc. his ass out of Forest's way to avoid getting blown up.

Hmm wait...so forest is chasing him all the ****ing time while Hayabusa clears the game?

To answer in order given, yes, and yes...with the exception of boss battles.

Superboy Prime
...You guys are not getting what he's trying to establish.

True Hayabusa could do all of that, but for this fight he can not and will not do it.

Guilty Gear
Nope. You touch him, everything goes up in one big-ass fireball...including Ryu.

See video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67qBqH8JE7c&mode=related&search=

To answer in order given, yes, and yes...with the exception of boss battles. How big is that explosion? If Ryu shoots him with an incendiary shuriken from a distance, he should be unaffected...

Superboy Prime
*Webs Guilty Gear's mouth shut* spidur-man

Quiet, you freak! Hayabusa can't touch it with anything. That's the main idea.

Snafu the Great
How big is that explosion? If Ryu shoots him with an incendiary shuriken from a distance, he should be unaffected...

You touch Forest, you, the mansion and the lab will be blown to bits. Just ask Jill. Not even a superninja can escape that big of an explosion.

*Webs Guilty Gear's mouth shut* spidur-man

Quiet, you freak! Hayabusa can't touch it with anything. That's the main idea.

Thank you.

Guilty Gear
You're not listening to what I'm saying.

Hayabusa does not have to be 20 meters or so away to hit Forest with an incendiary. In fact, if while he's performing an Inferno Forest runs into him, he'll combust while Ryu's invulnerably performing the attack, so that's another way around it.

And SBP, what do you mean he can't touch it? I just saw a video of someone doing just that.

Superboy Prime
You're the one not getting it buddy.

What Snafu wants to debate is if it is possible for Ryu Hayabusa to clear the mansion/caves/lab/etc. while at the same time evading Forest at all cost.

Get it now?

Guilty Gear
No, I do get it my friend.

From what I read in the opening post Ryu's not just in the mansion. He's playing throughout the entire game, now listen again.

Forest is the only enemy in the game the blows up and creates that HUGE blast, right?

Ryu spots him once. He throws an indenciary shuriken from 50-100+ meters away. Forest blows up. Is Hayabusa effected? Most likely not.
Originally posted by lightness
ryu can throw shrukens at him and blast him with ninpo and be out of there before the explosure reaches him Cosigned, like how Hayate and Ayane escaped Ayane's DOATEC busting attack.

Superboy Prime
I will kill myself.

Guilty Gear
What's wrong with saying Ryu spots Forest and shoots him from a distance that'll render Hayabusa unaffected by the blast?

Snafu the Great
No, I do get it my friend.

From what I read in the opening post Ryu's not just in the mansion. He's playing throughout the entire game, now listen again.

Forest is the only enemy in the game the blows up and creates that HUGE blast, right?

Ryu spots him once. He throws an indenciary shuriken from 50-100+ meters away. Forest blows up. Is Hayabusa effected? Most likely not.
Cosigned, like how Hayate and Ayane escaped Ayane's DOATEC busting attack.

You're not listening. The whole aspect in One Dangerous Zombie mode is that you...cannot...touch...Zombie Forest.

That also includes bullets, shuriken, arrows, ninpo, the kitchen sink, Tarzan's ass ANYTHING! And to top it all off, you saw in the video that Forest is no slouch. He can stumble-run after you.

Hayabusa can only avoid him. The rules are clear. Touch Zombie Forest and there won't be anything left of you to stick in a saltshaker.

Superboy Prime
Nothing is wrong with that, but what you fail to grasp is that Snafu is trying to impose a gameplay mechanic into the fight. That's it. He wants us to discuss if Ryu is capable of clearing the entire game while evading Forest.

God.

Finish me.

Please.

Guilty Gear
I LOL'D @ Tarzan's ass.

If he cannot be touched...then what the hell was the point of showing me a video where he WAS touched by bullets?

And I am laughing so hard at the thought of that thing being able to keep up with Hayabusa's speed.

Snafu the Great
I LOL'D @ Tarzan's ass.

If he cannot be touched...then what the hell was the point of showing me a video where he WAS touched by bullets?

And I am laughing so hard at the thought of that thing being able to keep up with Hayabusa's speed.

To show you what happens if you decide to shoot a zombie with more explosives strapped to him than a suicide bomber. That should be good enough not to shoot Forest. In this case, running is a good idea.

Guilty Gear
Weren't you just saying he cannot be shot at with anything in this match, as in he's somehow intangible? Since if not, everything that I've already stated explains why the blast wouldn't be a problem. confused

Edit: Well, I just had a private conversation with Prime having established why and how Ryu would deal with Forest.

Double Edit: Ryu's DOA4 ending explains yet again why and how Ryu would deal with Forest. Now enough of this shit.

Snafu the Great
Weren't you just saying he cannot be shot at with anything in this match, as in he's somehow intangible? Since if not, everything that I've already stated explains why the blast wouldn't be a problem. confused

Edit: Well, I just had a private conversation with Prime having established why and how Ryu would deal with Forest.

Double Edit: Ryu's DOA4 ending explains yet again why and how Ryu would deal with Forest. Now enough of this shit.

Okay...any and all teleportation ninpo concerning Ryu escaping the blast should he attack Forest is banned immediately. Should he tries and uses it, he will be brought outside - weaponless - where a pack of Zombie dogs and Cimson Heads are waiting .

ThoraxeRMG
This thread is stupid.
Basically you want Ryu to escape the mansion while running away from a Zombie Forest. I can see Ryu run while decapitating any other zombie and B.O.W. in his way.
Ryu takes this easily.
EDIT: I sense you want Ryu to die. And made this thread out of spite.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
This thread is stupid.
Basically you want Ryu to escape the mansion while running away from a Zombie Forest. I can see Ryu run while decapitating any other zombie and B.O.W. in his way.
Ryu takes this easily.
EDIT: I sense you want Ryu to die. And made this thread out of spite.

No, you want to see if Ryu can survive being blown to Kingdom Come should he attacks Forest. Ask anybody who played the O.D.Z. mode in the remake. They'll tell you the same thing. The slightest attack will set him off.

Those are the rules in O.D.Z. You have only two choices if you see Zombie Forest making a kamikaze beeline at you: get caught in a Zombie bear hug or run.

You claim this thread is stupid because you want to change the rules that I have laid out in Ryu's task.

And let me tell you...no Resident Evil game is easy. Go anhead and ask any GC owner who played Resident Evil. They will tell you the same thing I'm telling you: shooting Forest results in an instant game over.

Superboy Prime
They are just mad because Ryu can't kill Forest. I don't know what the big deal is. I am one of the strongest Hayabusa supporters in here and even I like the stipulation. Can he do it? Yes he most definitely can, but every once in a while he's bound to screw up and KABOOM goes Busa.

How can he pull it off? Quite simple really. He is way faster than Forest and most of the creatures in the mansion. He can run on walls, jump really ****ing high and can teleport. The challenge comes when Hayabusa gets stuck fighting a horde of opponents while Forest stalks him.

So yeah...stop whinning you infidels and recognize the value of this thread.

Good job, Snafu. Really.

Snafu the Great
They are just mad because Ryu can't kill Forest. I don't know what the big deal is. I am one of the strongest Hayabusa supporters in here and even I like the stipulation. Can he do it? Yes he most definitely can, but every once in a while he's bound to screw up and KABOOM goes Busa.

How can he pull it off? Quite simple really. He is way faster than Forest and most of the creatures in the mansion. He can run on walls, jump really ****ing high and can teleport. The challenge comes when Hayabusa gets stuck fighting a horde of opponents while Forest stalks him.

So yeah...stop whinning you infidels and recognize the value of this thread.

Good job, Snafu. Really.

clapping

Thank you. Finally, someone who understands what I am doing. Thank you, Prime.

Superboy Prime
I've been trying to make them understand, but no. They just can't because Hayabusa has to win every single mother ****ing time and there is no way in hell he can ever screw up. No not Hayabusa.

Like durverine here.

Snafu the Great
I've been trying to make them understand, but no. They just can't because Hayabusa has to win every single mother ****ing time and there is no way in hell he can ever screw up. No not Hayabusa.

Like durverine here.

To tell you the truth, I was considering sticking Kyo in this thread since they think he has to win everything also.

But I chose Ryu H. instead.

Magatama flames can only get you so far before you get a) swallowed by Yawn whole; b) bitchslapped by Lisa Trevor; c) losing your head over the Hunters d) Shishkebab-ed by the Tyrant.

Invisible Enemy mode was a bit inhumane, since Ryu wold lose, so I chose ODZ mode instead.

Superboy Prime
Lisa was a *****, lol.

I remember she used to scare the crap out of me with the chains and her moan/groaning.

ThoraxeRMG
no Resident Evil game is easy.

I known that since I bought RE2 when it first came out.

Guilty Gear
Okay...any and all teleportation ninpo concerning Ryu escaping the blast should he attack Forest is banned immediately. Should he tries and uses it, he will be brought outside - weaponless - where a pack of Zombie dogs and Cimson Heads are waiting . *yawn*

Read my post again. Everything and I mean everything that I've already stated in this thread explains quite thoroughly why the explosion wouldn't be a problem.
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
This thread is stupid.
Ryu takes this easily.
EDIT: I sense you want Ryu to die. And made this thread out of spite. Same here.
No, you want to see if Ryu can survive being blown to Kingdom Come should he attacks Forest.No, I want you to get it through your skull that attacking Forest from a reasonable distance would render any normal human unaffected by the blast, not to mention Hayabusa is no normal human. He doesn't get affected my rockets and grenades blowing up near him, as a normal human obviously would.
Ask anybody who played the O.D.Z. mode in the remake. They'll tell you the same thing. The slightest attack will set him off.I don't think 1 person in this thread doesn't realize this already.
Those are the rules in O.D.Z. You have only two choices if you see Zombie Forest making a kamikaze beeline at you: get caught in a Zombie bear hug or run.Considering you can't shoot him from a distance that'll make you safe from the blast in the game.
You claim this thread is stupid because you want to change the rules that I have laid out in Ryu's task.That's clearly not what he's saying. If one rule you've set here is that Ryu can't attack Zombie Forest from a certain distance, then we could have a real discussion.
And let me tell you...no Resident Evil game is easy. Go anhead and ask any GC owner who played Resident Evil. They will tell you the same thing I'm telling you: shooting Forest results in an instant game over. And you talk as if the protagonists of RE are anywhere near Hayabusa's league.
They are just mad because Ryu can't kill Forest. I don't know what the big deal is. I am one of the strongest Hayabusa supporters in here and even I like the stipulation. Can he do it? Yes he most definitely can, but every once in a while he's bound to screw up and KABOOM goes Busa.I've already explained why that WOULDN'T happen Prime...and is Ryu fighting this thing more than once?
How can he pull it off? Quite simple really. He is way faster than Forest and most of the creatures in the mansion. He can run on walls, jump really ****ing high and can teleport. The challenge comes when Hayabusa gets stuck fighting a horde of opponents while Forest stalks him.How does destroying all those zombies with an Inazuma while Forest is at a safe distance stalking him sound?
So yeah...stop whinning you infidels and recognize the value of this thread.We do recognize it's value. Pardon me or anyone else who've said that this would be a curbstomp in Ryu's favor. I just don't see how he wouldn't clear this thing.
clapping

Thank you. Finally, someone who understands what I am doing. Thank you, Prime. I've had a conversation with Prime and have already established how Ryu would go by this. He knows that I understand your thread. However, you've obviously not gotten my point.

Like durverine here. No where did I saw he wouldn't screw up, Prime.
To tell you the truth, I was considering sticking Kyo in this thread since they think he has to win everything also.Where the hell did you get this shit?
Invisible Enemy mode was a bit inhumane, since Ryu wold lose, so I chose ODZ mode instead. Elaborate if you will.

Snafu the Great
I'm going to explain this very, very slowly.

THIS IS NOT A TECMO GAME. Ryu Hayabusa is in a CAPCOM GAME.

There are certain game rules and mechanics that one must follow.

If this was Ninja Gaiden or Dead or Alive, Ryu will follow those.

But since he is in Resident Evil, he has to follow the game rules and mechanics there.

So no ninpo or other bullshit ninja trick will save his ass should he decide to use the zombie suicide bomber as target practice.

Ryu attacks him, in any shape or form (ninpo, shiruken, Izuna Drop, whatever) game over. Simple as that. He is not exempt just because he is a superninja.

He has to follow the stipulations like anyone else who gets stuck in the game.

I thought I made that very clear when I made this thread.

Blame Capcom for make the ODZ mode. I only added it in here to make it more challenging for Ryu to accomplish his mission.

Guilty Gear
I'm going to explain this very, very slowly.

THIS IS NOT A TECMO GAME. Ryu Hayabusa is in a CAPCOM GAME.

There are certain game rules and mechanics that one must follow.

If this was Ninja Gaiden or Dead or Alive, Ryu will follow those.

But since he is in Resident Evil, he has to follow the game rules and mechanics there.

So no ninpo or other bullshit ninja trick will save his ass should he decide to use the zombie suicide bomber as target practice.

Ryu attacks him, in any shape or form (ninpo, shiruken, Izuna Drop, whatever) game over. Simple as that. He is not exempt just because he is a superninja.

He has to follow the stipulations like anyone else who gets stuck in the game.

I thought I made that very clear when I made this thread.

Blame Capcom for make the ODZ mode. I only added it in here to make it more challenging for Ryu to accomplish his mission. WTF? laughing

Then ThoraxeRMG was right. You're simply toning Ryu down in retarded ways so that he wouldn't clear your little gauntlet? laughing Pathetic indeed.

Snafu the Great
WTF? laughing

Then ThoraxeRMG was right. You're simply toning Ryu down in retarded ways so that he wouldn't clear your little gauntlet? laughing Pathetic indeed.

The only thing that's pathetic is that you fail to accept the rules of this thread. I stated that Ryu cannot attack Forest, and you still insist that he can escape.

How can he be toned down when he is armed to the teeth? The only rule I have stated is that he can't kill Forest on the grounds he risk getting himself killed. Accept it.

Superboy Prime
duriroll

Guilty Gear
The only thing that's pathetic is that you fail to accept the rules of this thread. I stated that Ryu cannot attack Forest, and you still insist that he can escape.

How can he be toned down when he is armed to the teeth? The only rule I have stated is that he can't kill Forest on the grounds he risk getting himself killed. Accept it. Simply no. You're applying a silly game restriction that prevents Ryu from simply destroying Forest from a reasonable distance that'll render him completely unaffected by the blast. That much is obvious.

Let's have your ridiculous game restriction applied. Ryu still clears it with ease. Reason? Forest's speed isn't 1/50 of Hayabusa's. Can Ryu kill the hordes of zombies and mutated creatures before him and avoid Forest at all costs? Quite obviously, yes.

So either way, you still fail. Now go sit in a corner and weep until you die of starvation. laughing out loud

Superboy Prime
DURHULK SMASH! durhulk

---

Why do you take it so personal Guilty?

He is not spiting Hayabusa or anything. He just wanted to pit Busa in RE's mansion and added a stipulation to make him sweat for the win because it's very obvious he would not have a problem at all with RE's mansion.

Guilty Gear
DURHULK SMASH! durhulk

---

He is not spiting Hayabusa or anything. He just wanted to pit Busa in RE's mansion and added a stipulation to make him sweat for the win because it's very obvious he would not have a problem at all with RE's mansion. Fine, whatever. I'm done here.

Snafu the Great
DURHULK SMASH! durhulk

---

He is not spiting Hayabusa or anything. He just wanted to pit Busa in RE's mansion and added a stipulation to make him sweat for the win because it's very obvious he would not have a problem at all with RE's mansion.

He hates seeing Hayabusa lose, that's why, in this case, being blown to ninja chunks. If he can survive the Original Trilogy, the Vigoor Empire and DOA tournaments, then he shouldn't be that concerned about a suicide zombie bomber chasing him.

ATTENTION. ANYONE WHO HAS PLAYED ONE DANGEROUS ZOMBIE MODE ON THE REMAKE PLEASE TELL GUILTY HOW SERIOUS ZOMBIE FOREST IS WITH HIS BOMBS.

Superboy Prime
I hated him man.

He was like...KABOOM YO KABOOM!

Guilty Gear
He hates seeing Hayabusa lose, that's why, in this case, being blown to ninja chunks.A hilarious assumption and an incorrect one at that. I know for a fact that I've stated Hayabusa would be slaughtered by the likes of Dante and Night Terror. You can ponder that for a minute or two.
If he can survive the Original Trilogy, the Vigoor Empire and DOA tournaments, then he shouldn't be that concerned about a suicide zombie bomber chasing him.Wow...this guy actually has a point for once!
ATTENTION. ANYONE WHO HAS PLAYED ONE DANGEROUS ZOMBIE MODE ON THE REMAKE PLEASE TELL GUILTY HOW SERIOUS ZOMBIE FOREST IS WITH HIS BOMBS. Totally unnecessary. I've seen your video and that's pretty much all there is to know about Forest. Once again, even with your silly game restriction Hayabusa clears this with or without ease, and Prime has stated the same.

Snafu the Great
I'm done arguing with you, Xeno. Save us all the headache and the next time you see a thread whose condition and stipulations you dislike, move on.

Guilty Gear
laughing Hilarious. If anyone's giving someone else a headache, it's you my friend. Not only was I the one who stated that your thread was dumb, it was ThoraxeRMG as well. I understand your stipulations. Prime also does, and he knows that I understand them as of this point, and for the record, you said nothing about game mechanics and restrictions before one of your most recent posts.

I don't think that you've yet to realize once again, the Hayabusa still clears this with or without ease. It may be difficult, and for the record, no where did you state how and why this would be difficult. All I've heard from you so far was "Hayabusa does not want to attack Forest. He attacks him and boom game over." Very convincing of you, really.

Superboy Prime
So i wef agree that Hayabusa can clear it then why the **** are we arguing?

Just look at the dur and you will find it in your heart to forgive each other and move on.

thumbsupdur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.