Wonder Woman vs Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spawnwest
Rules: no god wave, no morphing greater than 100ft

They can use any weapons in their arsenal.

Who wins???

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by spawnwest

Who wins???

Ha, it's my famous Brother.

It depends on which Apoc.
The one for the cartoon can give her a run for her money.

The one in the comics would lose badly!!!!!!!!

guy222

Who wins???

diana

Evil_Ash
Wonder Woman 9/10

2damnloud
WW 10/10

illadelph12
I'd actually take Apoc for a few reasons:

* - Diana, while very strong, is not going to one shot Apoc. All Apoc needs to do is adjust his physical make-up so that the impacts of Diana's blows have no effect (like taking on the consistency of rubber, intagibility, or morphing around the point of impact ).

* - Apoc can teleport to regroup if Diana attempts to speedblitz and bumrush him at the onset of combat (it could be his first action at the gun, so it would be instantaneous teleport), and then upon reappearing can be fully equipped to deal with her (100 feet tall, right arm morphed into a rail gun, warp engine morphed out of his back with wings, etc).

* - Diana can still be impaled or cut while her arms aren't crossed. Apoc could use the same tactic he used versus Ikaris (grapple and morph his chest into a spike, impaling her, then morphing the spike into a spreader and ripping her in half).

* - Apoc clearly holds the ranged attack edge.

* - Apoc can negate the lasso by constantly teleporting away as she tosses it.

So, while popular opinion is probably that Apoc catches a dining table to the forehead and retreats, I see other options for him, and him winning.

Also, by weapons in their arsenal, do you mean standard weapons, or specialty devices/weapons that were used in certain stories but not their regular average appearances?

llagrok
Any weapon in their arsenal? I think Apoc has some pretty decent weapons stacked away in his sphinx. We've seen the stuff he equipped his horsemen with. Take War Hulk in example, awesome weapons.

Soljer
Originally posted by llagrok
Any weapon in their arsenal? I think Apoc has some pretty decent weapons stacked away in his sphinx. We've seen the stuff he equipped his horsemen with. Take War Hulk in example, awesome weapons.

Any weapon in their arsenal certainly puts Wonder Woman over the edge more than it does Apocalypse...

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by illadelph12

* - Diana, while very strong, is not going to one shot Apoc. All Apoc needs to do is adjust his physical make-up so that the impacts of Diana's blows have no effect (like taking on the consistency of rubber, intagibility, or morphing around the point of impact ).

* - Apoc can teleport to regroup if Diana attempts to speedblitz and bumrush him at the onset of combat (it could be his first action at the gun, so it would be instantaneous teleport), and then upon reappearing can be fully equipped to deal with her (100 feet tall, right arm morphed into a rail gun, warp engine morphed out of his back with wings, etc).

* - Diana can still be impaled or cut while her arms aren't crossed. Apoc could use the same tactic he used versus Ikaris (grapple and morph his chest into a spike, impaling her, then morphing the spike into a spreader and ripping her in half).

So, while popular opinion is probably that Apoc catches a dining table to the forehead and retreats, I see other options for him, and him winning.

Also, by weapons in their arsenal, do you mean standard weapons, or specialty devices/weapons that were used in certain stories but not their regular average appearances?

Incredible post
im glad you mentioned all of this because i think most people would give it to diana without first giving serious thoguht to what apoc could potentially do

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Soljer
Any weapon in their arsenal certainly puts Wonder Woman over the edge more than it does Apocalypse...

thats also a good point (in implying her godlike arsenal)
infact the thread started should have atleast taken out some of her high high high end weapons

llagrok

Well, he makes his weapons. Not everybody whores around the pantheon every time they want a new sword >: O

nvrbeenwthagirl
Any weapon isn't really good for apoc. The Two gauntlets of atlas and the medusa head and the sword pretty much seal his fate. I give Apoc 3/10 in a regular fight and 6/10 if he doesn't jobber and she doesn't use all those crazy weapons.

AJBored
WW wins.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Diana

Soljer
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Any weapon isn't really good for apoc. The Two gauntlets of atlas and the medusa head and the sword pretty much seal his fate. I give Apoc 3/10 in a regular fight and 6/10 if he doesn't jobber and she doesn't use all those crazy weapons.

Wow.

That's pretty high praise, coming from Nvr.

ExtraMision5555
Wow.

That's pretty high praise, coming from Nvr.

sucked the words right out of my mouth

spawnwest

Not limited to standard weapons only. Any weapons/devices they have in there arsenal.

illadelph12
Hmm...

So do they get prep?

TricksterPriest
A non-jobbing well written Apoc could take this........but the speed (and ludicrous divine weaponry) advantage(s) screw him over. sad

Priest
Nice post Ill..
But i still give Diana the advantage especially will all her equipment.

spawnwest
Hmm...

So do they get prep?

not much prep....pretty much a pick up some weapons and go fight
i would say no more than a few hours

no lets make it 12 hours prep

nvrbeenwthagirl
not much prep....pretty much a pick up some weapons and go fight
i would say no more than a few hours

no lets make it 12 hours prep
She kills him in less than a second flat when she punches his head off with two gauntlets of atlas on.

spawnwest
She kills him in less than a second flat when she punches his head off with two gauntlets of atlas on.

even with Apoc's celestial body make up

illadelph12
With 12 hours of prep with all his tech he's ever had in his history:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apocgrow.png

There's possibilities...

nvrbeenwthagirl
With 12 hours of prep with all his tech he's ever had in his history:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apocgrow.png

There's possibilities...

You think he's going to be able to stand up to her when she's 20 times stronger, more durable, and with a sword that can even hurt GoG?

illadelph12
I think that he can fight smart and possibly disarm her, then work from there. There's no plot in this battle, and Apoc has access to all the tech and enhancements he's ever had as well and twelve hours to use them.

If I made the exact same argument for base level Hank Henshaw (who has essentially the same powers as Apoc, minus some of Apoc's other abilities) I'd probably get less resistance and disbelief.

It's not really that far fetched, and Apoc is not THAT weak, particularly with prep. He could re-produce the "Cyclopalypse" incident in 12 hours (given the battle's stipulations) among other things.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I think that he can fight smart and possibly disarm her, then work from there. There's no plot in this battle, and Apoc has access to all the tech and enhancements he's ever had as well and twelve hours to use them.

If I made the exact same argument for base level Hank Henshaw (who has essentially the same powers as Apoc, minus some of Apoc's other abilities) I'd probably get less resistance and disbelief.

It's not really that far fetched, and Apoc is not THAT weak, particularly with prep. He could re-produce the "Cyclopalypse" incident in 12 hours (given the battle's stipulations) among other things.

I give him the slight Edge if she didn't have her weapons. But her weapons are magical. she could pull out the medusa head and end the fight fairly quickly. Or just decapitate him with her sword or Tiara. She also has the Disk Of lanishiar wich does amazing things on it's own. And Let's not forget, 12 hours of prep is a whole lot of prayers.

illadelph12
Physical attacks aren't the best recourse against Apoc, and prayers aren't "weapons" or "tech" in her arsenal. That would be like Apoc calling in a Cellestial airstrike.

Hella_delph
EDIT

Wrathful_Grapes
he's a good mod, really

Hella_delph
EDIT

Wrathful_Grapes
WORD

spidermonkey
::wonders what happened to interesting spammers::

Wrathful_Grapes
same thing that haappened to interesting users, they got fu*ked by teh mods kidddddddyyyyyy poooo

Hella_delph
EDIT

spidermonkey
Meh arguing with quanchi is more interesting than this.

Back to that thread.

Wrathful_Grapes
Quan...what?

spidermonkey
quanchi, a member of the forum and a Black Adam/World War Hulk fan.

Eh, why'd did I come back in here?

Hella_delph
EDIT

Captain REX
I just did a lot of editting to remove those eyesore posts from existence.

Carry on.

h1a8
Diana is too fast for Apoc.
She can easily get the lasso around him before he can blink.

This is an easily win for her 100%.

llagrok
Nvr, have you ever seen anyone actually harm Apocalypse with a weapon? As in, lobbing off any limbs or decapitating him? Not even Cable was able to kill him when he focused all his energy into the psimitar. Phoenix had to separate his essence from Cyclops' body before it would work.

Although I don't doubt Diana's ability to cut him, I doubt that cutting off a limb is something that will injure him properly. Hell, I've never seen anyone injure a fully powered/classic Apocalypse without plot items or PIS.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nvr, have you ever seen anyone actually harm Apocalypse with a weapon? As in, lobbing off any limbs or decapitating him? Not even Cable was able to kill him when he focused all his energy into the psimitar. Phoenix had to separate his essence from Cyclops' body before it would work.

Although I don't doubt Diana's ability to cut him, I doubt that cutting off a limb is something that will injure him properly. Hell, I've never seen anyone injure a fully powered/classic Apocalypse without plot items or PIS.
Magic Lasso and magic sword for the win. If that lasso isn't a plot item I dont' know what is. As she commands him not to regrow from his injury or heal himself.

llagrok
Magic Lasso and magic sword for the win. If that lasso isn't a plot item I dont' know what is. As she commands him not to regrow from his injury or heal himself.

I believe that Apocalypse is one of the few beings strong willed enough to resist it for the time required to transform his way out of it.

illadelph12
Not to mention the fact that she'd have to actually get the lasso around him in order to do so, and Apoc has instant teleportation. Once the battle begins he's teleported somewhere out of Diana's range while growing 100 feet tall and morhphing his arm into a gigantic 35ft diameter photon canon and is blasting at Diana from multiple positions (port and blast is a viable option).

As for cutting Apoc, it's pretty useless. He has full control over his atomic structure. He has, on panel, separated his head from his body and at it fly off independently, and morphed his body around incoming weapons fire and physical attacks (punches, projectiles, etc). Not to mention he has forcefields which he can attack from behind.

Diana's not the only one with options here.

Other than the Medusa head, which is a line of sight attack in itself, most of Diana's arsenal wouldn't effect Apoc. Physical assaults are futile and that's pretty much all she's got.

quanchi112
ww wins here.

lordboo
could wonderwoman be mindraped?

llagrok
Originally posted by lordboo
could wonderwoman be mindraped?

Nah, she's immune to illusions and mind control. Not sure if that covers telepathic attacks as well, but it probably does.

She can be detected with telepathy though.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Not to mention the fact that she'd have to actually get the lasso around him in order to do so, and Apoc has instant teleportation. Once the battle begins he's teleported somewhere out of Diana's range while growing 100 feet tall and morhphing his arm into a gigantic 35ft diameter photon canon and is blasting at Diana from multiple positions (port and blast is a viable option).

As for cutting Apoc, it's pretty useless. He has full control over his atomic structure. He has, on panel, separated his head from his body and at it fly off independently, and morphed his body around incoming weapons fire and physical attacks (punches, projectiles, etc). Not to mention he has forcefields which he can attack from behind.

Other than the Medusa head, which is a line of sight attack in itself, most of Diana's arsenal wouldn't effect Apoc. Physical assaults are futile and that's pretty much all she's got.

So exactly how is apoc teleporting anywhere out of her range when she will be wearing the sandles of herme's? instant dimensional following for the win. Blasting a giant gun at her isn't going to mean much if she's wearing the guantlets. It would be like him shooting at Thanos. She'd be 20 times stronger and more invulnerable. The prep is too much in her favor. Regular apoc fighting smart with her and no weapons can win if he usues piercing attacks and lands them.

TricksterPriest

Co-signed and Profiled. It's ludicrous how much Apocalypse is under-written. sad

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apochulk4.png

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/powers16.png

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Profiled. It's ludicrous how much Apocalypse is under-written. sad

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apochulk4.png

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/powers16.png

Trickster, he's actually giving Apoc credit.

llagrok
So exactly how is apoc teleporting anywhere out of her range when she will be wearing the sandles of herme's? instant dimensional following for the win. Blasting a giant gun at her isn't going to mean much if she's wearing the guantlets. It would be like him shooting at Thanos. She'd be 20 times stronger and more invulnerable. The prep is too much in her favor. Regular apoc fighting smart with her and no weapons can win if he usues piercing attacks and lands them.

Nvr makes an incredibly strong point here.

If you give Diana her weapons, she can pretty much fight Skyfather level guys.

TricksterPriest
Trickster, he's actually giving Apoc credit.

I'm agreeing with him. I edited in a co-sign. I'm just pointing out the disparity in what forum strategies and brilliant ideas we come up with, and what the writers have him doing. What his powerset should allow him to do and what he does in fights is crazy. That's why he's a jobber. He's got one of the greatest powersets on earth, and it's rediculously underused.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nvr makes an incredibly strong point here.

If you give Diana her weapons, she can pretty much fight Skyfather level guys.
This is why WW almost NEVER uses her weapons. her suit is indestructible and she hardly puts it on. The Only time i can remember it being dmgd was by imperiex drones. Which also turned Cm inside out. She would never use all of her weapons becuz then she'd be victorious with no need for skill or battle. I hope she lives thru the next issue of WW with athena crushing her in her hand.

llagrok
This is why WW almost NEVER uses her weapons. her suit is indestructible and she hardly puts it on. The Only time i can remember it being dmgd was by imperiex drones. Which also turned Cm inside out. She would never use all of her weapons becuz then she'd be victorious with no need for skill or battle. I hope she lives thru the next issue of WW with athena crushing her in her hand.

Would the gods allow her to use the weapons all the time though? I think Diana sort of understands how important self control and restraint it. She also figures that overuse would quickly turn into abuse.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Would the gods allow her to use the weapons all the time though? I think Diana sort of understands how important self control and restraint it. She also figures that overuse would quickly turn into abuse.
Well Her weapons are all in her disk of lanishiar. She can get them anytime. The gods only control extra powers that they temporarilyt grant to her thru prayer. I haven't seen her denied yet. But who knows. they could one day. Oh by the way, on a side note, WW's herculese and CM's are the same. Just read it in wizard. So yeah, WW is stronger than CM.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.