Have the films affected your view?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

miss_swann
self explanitory, I myself have avoided the films because I know my imagination is good enough and there's no budget or time restriction on it.

Do you find that the films limit your imagination of places or people and you see the actor in your head? Do you see the set of the film as you read?

Surio
Limit, maybe, but I find it hard to concentrate while reading and sometimes accidentally skip character descriptions, which sucks, but the movies sort of help in that area. Weird, I know.

Edit: For example, I always pictured Luna with having blue hair. Don't ask why.

Infinity
Originally posted by Surio
Edit: For example, I always pictured Luna with having blue hair. Don't ask why.

FREAK !!!

XD

DarkC
Originally posted by miss_swann
self explanitory, I myself have avoided the films because I know my imagination is good enough and there's no budget or time restriction on it.

Do you find that the films limit your imagination of places or people and you see the actor in your head? Do you see the set of the film as you read?
Yes I do, to some extent. Like, I hear the actors for the various character's voices in my head when I read their lines and their facial expressions.

The movies really butcher the books in some parts, especially #3 and #5, which I absolutely loathe.

~KoK!~
They even said in the books Luna's hair is blonde...You'd have to be a tard to think it's blue.

Surio
Originally posted by ~KoK!~
They even said in the books Luna's hair is blonde...You'd have to be a tard to think it's blue.

My head... wanderes... when I read, so even though I read the descriptions, they don't sink in, and when I read the word Luna, my mind went to an anime character or something, thus Luna=Blue hair.

exanda kane
My imagination was in no way "limited" as you say, but some of Rowling's descriptions are very base and aspects of the film and casting hacve undoubtedly had an effect on the read. For example, I always imagined Lupin with glasses, a kind of tartan trilby hat, carrying his suitcase everywhere.

I still did when reading the last book, but the small characterisation, the small nuances of the character added by David Thwelis filled in the gaps in the pictures Rowling paints.

I guess it goes to show however, that the art production of the films is spot on.

willRules
My image of Snape and Voldemort has changed from my own interpretation to the movie version. I prefer my own imaginary Snape to a greasy haired Alan Rickman any day yes

DarkC
Voldemort's voice is WAY off, my imaginary one is better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.