Cloud Strife vs. Ryu Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Guilty Gear
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/MJOLNIR_VII/DOARyuHayabusaresized.jpg VS http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/MJOLNIR_VII/CloudStriferesized.jpg

Ryu Hayabusa

dp0ceBsYVDAUfEtQ2IUvz0---

Cloud Strife

N1NXB_vETngBUQiS9y4psA---

Ryu's armed with Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang, the new weapon available in Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Cloud has his badass First Tsurugi. Materia and Ninpo are out. Ultimate Techniques and Limit Breaks are included.

BlaxicanHydra
Gouki in a massive curbstomp.

Superboy Prime
Nice match but I'll comment later since I'm wasted and it is way too late.

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Gouki in a massive curbstomp. Cosigned. rofl

Cale_Daziel
Cloud

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Cale_Daziel
Cloud

Why and how do you think Cloud wins this?

I think it will be fairly close because I don't even know which one is more skilled with the swords. They are both very, very fast and there won't be any materia or ninpo getting in the way. Hayabusa's ultimate essence techniques are equal to Cloud's limit breaks.

IMO split 50/50

---

However I have yet to see Hayabusa in action with the 2 katanas.

Guilty Gear
First video...

Superboy Prime
LoL. I thought it was a black video.

Edit: Hayabusa is so uber...droolio

Guilty Gear
Edited for profanity.

Thousand
Meteorain followed by Omnislash.

QED.

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by Thousand
Meteorain followed by Omnislash.

QED. Welcome. wave

- Meteorain can be avoided via speed and/or teleportation. 13jockey

- I highly doubt the Version. 5 Omnislash can be blocked. Though I'm sure it can be avoided. big grin

---

Strife can fight in the air for a longer period of time than Hayabusa. However I would say Ryu's strength is somewhat greater than Cloud's.

MadMel
i dunno, cloud lifting that hunk of a blade and using it with that speed, plus being able to cut through huge chunks of rock and building without much effort, probably puts him at ryus strength level

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by MadMel
probably puts him at ryus strength level

I doubt Cloud could beat a Tengu barehanded, which Ryu has done.

Guilty Gear
It's close but it's not quite at Hayabusa's level. Ryu has cut metal and slaughtered fiends originating from lava pools, and can also wield the Dabilahro:
http://truedragonblade.blog.jeuxvideo.com/images/mn/1139263663.jpg

A weapon weighing 100 pounds with a relative amount of ease. On a scale from 0-100 I would say Cloud's strength ranks at 85 where Hayabusa's at 100.

Cloud may have him beat in the speed department. However Ryu has teleportation which comes in handy.

Anyway I think this is pretty even with either one having the possible edge.

Zack Fair
Bump.

StyleTime
Good fight. Not really sure.

Blood Vengeance
Actually, Ryu's speed is slightly greater whereas Cloud's strength makes up for that difference.

Enfathiel
Cloud's strenght/durability/speed are significantly higher than Ryu's, he has this

Take a look at the following feats:

uLfmgEwwoEE

7:12-7-23

Cloud bifurcates part of the Omega Weapon with what appears to be a single slash with one sword.

To understand this feat, you must first understand the durability of one of these weapons:

Wh_wqfnlxDI

Here the Sapphire Weapon is hit directly by a shot from the unamped Mako Cannon and is unscathed. Rufus and Heideggar even comment on how that is possible since they hit It dead on.

Now, the Weapon cut by Cloud was the Ultimate Weapon, known as Omega. Which can be scaled with Sapphire since all Weapons are mako constructs, and good chances are Omega is a bit more durable, since It's, well the Ultimate. Now on to the force of a shot from the Mako Cannon:

sO25QwUY_3M

This video explicits that AVALANCHE was going to use the Cannon to destroy the city of Midgat Itself. Confirmed by the narrator and multiple characters.

Conclusion: Cloud has City-level strikes when not-limit breaking with one sword. That is quite abover Ryu in strenght.

As for Clouds's durability:

HYmlJoCk7uU

2:25 Cloud is thrown into Bahamut Sin's Tremor Flare, whcih he even disperses and comes out unscathed.

KTZJ0EzppKE

8:58

The result of that massive energy release? Here:

Nc1KB-a66l4

Remember, that hole led to the planet's core.

Afterthought:

I think Cloud has significant advantages in strenght and durability. One could say magic is around the same. I'll get back to this on speed when I can.

bigboss20
cloud wins by far, he uses omnislash v.5 and ryu is toast! ive beaten ninja gaiden sigma, wasnt impressed cloud is just that much better!!!!!

Ascendancy
Not being impressed by NGmessed smacks of troll. Game was on 1000. That said, the FF abilities are in a completely different universe, quite literally. While I don't know that Cloud would be fast enough to avoid all of Ryu's strikes, I know that his counter-moves a ridiculous in scope so I'd say Cloud likely takes this.

bigboss20
of course he is, he is geneticly mutated by mako and can use materia, all hed have to do is summon knights of the round and its bye bye ninja gayman, or like i said use omnislash

Effect Veiler
Cloud would let Ryu hit him because Ryu would only bust his hands on the shaft of the sword without even scratching Cloud with the blade. In fact the blade would break before Cloud's skin is cut.

BloodRain
Cloud was injured with a bullet shot at him. A superhuman with a sword will do just fine.

Zack Fair
Omnislash V 5 is an instant I win button.

NemeBro
Cloud easily.

He could kill Ryu with his bare hands if he so desired to.

BloodRain
Originally posted by BloodRain
Cloud was injured with a bullet shot at him. A superhuman with a sword will do just fine.

But yeah, Cloud wins.

NemeBro
Considering Cloud also survived going through Bahamut's Mega Flare, clearly the bullet was magic and > normal bullets. smile

BloodRain
FF bullets > building busters. Seems Legit.

(Though the flare did dispersed :T)

Zack Fair
Always thought Cloud survived the Mega Flare simply because of Aerith.

Kuja9001
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Always thought Cloud survived the Mega Flare simply because of Aerith.

I still believe that. I don't consider that abomination a Bahamut.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.