Super Buu vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

starking
http://www.blackgoku.com/dbz/images/superbuugohan.jpg

vs

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/06/Thanos.png/250px-Thanos.png

llagrok
Thanos.

SevenShackles
thanos would own super buu.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by SevenShackles
thanos would own super buu.

Cosigned

King Kandy
Super Buu has more impressive Regeneration then just about anything... So while he can't do anything to Thanos, I'm not sure what Thanos will do to him...

Harry Fingerman
Super Buu would have been destroyed if Gohan, and Gotenks would have had the opportunity to keep pummeling him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
Super Buu has more impressive Regeneration then just about anything... So while he can't do anything to Thanos, I'm not sure what Thanos will do to him... Mind Rape him or Turn him into a slab of coal.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Super Buu would have been destroyed if Gohan, and Gotenks would have had the opportunity to keep pummeling him.
Judging from the pic I'm assuming this is Gohan absorbed Buu.

King Kandy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Mind Rape him or Turn him into a slab of coal.
I'm not sure how well TP would work on him, but I'm pretty sure if you turned him into coal the coal would just turn right back into pink stuff.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm not sure how well TP would work on him, but I'm pretty sure if you turned him into coal the coal would just turn right back into pink stuff.

Maybe. But it's molecular control. Thanos could combine attacks and turn Boo's mind off while turning him into coal so that he couldn't regenerate. Or I see him Scattering boo's atoms across a solar system. That would take him quite a while to pull himself back together. Thanos is also smart. I can see him seeing that boo is uber in regen and sticking boo in some black hole or something.

SevenShackles
honestly, this is the version of Buu that was paining fighting Vegetto who was pretty much just smackin him around dealing physical damage. i would think kid buu would be better for this =/

King Kandy
For one thing, Buu's regen is unconscious, even if he gets his mind shut down his regen will be just as good as ever.

Scattering it across the solar system won't work because one fragment of Buu can become a whole Buu.

Putting Buu in a black hole could work, but it would be a BFR win at best.

King Kandy
This version of Super Buu displayed much better Regen then Kid Buu.

Soljer
Thanos > Superman > Vegetto > Gohan > Super Buu > Kid Buu > Goku

Endless Mike
Thanos could just disintegrate him beyond his ability to regenerate. At best he regenerated from mist, Thanos can blast things way below that.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Thanos could just disintegrate him beyond his ability to regenerate. At best he regenerated from mist, Thanos can blast things way below that.
Buu was totaly vaporized, and then the remains were burnt... He came back fine, his regen is unholy.

Phenomenol

Bull@#$!

Super Buu has the power to destroy a Universe and you say Thanos is going to kill him, LOL!

Buu dismisses Thanos with a finger blast.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Phenomenol
Bull@#$!

Super Buu has the power to destroy a Universe and you say Thanos is going to kill him, LOL!

Buu dismisses Thanos with a finger blast.
I tend to think DBZ universes are small cuz every other week, a martial arts fighter with some tuff moves and a few blast can destroy the universe or something on those lines.

Endless Mike
I tend to think DBZ universes are small cuz every other week, a martial arts fighter with some tuff moves and a few blast can destroy the universe or something on those lines.

Ignore Phenomenol, he's a troll of the highest calibre.

No version of Buu has the power to destroy a universe, in a filler episode someone was afraid that he would but nothing actually happened.

Phenomenol
ANY DBZ character will KILL Thanos.

Harry Fingerman
No one in the DBZ universe has ever came close to destroying a universe... or have ever became universal...

The closest one was Janemba, and everyone else was so... so far behind him in that aspect.

nvrbeenwthagirl
ANY DBZ character will KILL Thanos.

REDICULOUS.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
No one in the DBZ universe has ever came close to destroying a universe... or have ever became universal...

The closest one was Janemba, and everyone else was so... so far behind him in that aspect.

What did Janemba even do that was so impressive? People say he warped reality, but what I got from watching the movie is that the background of the underworld/Hell changed because of the negative energy released in his creation, not because of any direct action on his part.

Skeets
Can Thanos Stop Buu from absorbing him?

Harry Fingerman
What did Janemba even do that was so impressive? People say he warped reality, but what I got from watching the movie is that the background of the underworld/Hell changed because of the negative energy released in his creation, not because of any direct action on his part. Goku said he must have every dimension under his control (or what H.F.I.L looked like), and it also said something about it happening to the entire universe or something along those lines as well.
I'd have to watch it again, but I know he did more than any others have done.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Skeets
Can Thanos Stop Buu from absorbing him?

As an Eternal with complete molecular control over his body, I would think so

Phenomenol
Ignore Phenomenol, he's a troll of the highest calibre.

No version of Buu has the power to destroy a universe, in a filler episode someone was afraid that he would but nothing actually happened.

Yes he was, hence why he was ripping holes in the space and time continuum!

Vegetto stopped him from doing it.

Buu just casually blasts Thanos with a FINGER.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes he was, hence why he was ripping holes in the space and time continuum!

Vegetto stopped him from doing it.

Buu just casually blasts Thanos with a FINGER.

Odin can blast holes in time and space. So what is Boo doing that Thanos hasn't withstood? And Thanos has a nearly an unlimited suppy of energy according to Odin. Thanos could fight boo until Boo ran out. i don't remember Boo having unlimited or even nearly unlimited energy.

Phenomenol
Odin can blast holes in time and space. So what is Boo doing that Thanos hasn't withstood? And Thanos has a nearly an unlimited suppy of energy according to Odin. Thanos could fight boo until Boo ran out. i don't remember Boo having unlimited or even nearly unlimited energy.

No, Odin can not!

Thanos was getting trashed by Odin.

Symmetric Chaos

There was that time he expended an infinite amount of energy and still kept going laughing out loud

Priest
Thanos wins.

Phenomenol
No, trust me he Dies, in a muthabeepin CURBSTOMP!!!

Thanos has NEVER faced anyone as powerful as Super Buu 3!

nvrbeenwthagirl
No, trust me he Dies, in a muthabeepin CURBSTOMP!!!

Thanos has NEVER faced anyone as powerful as Super Buu 3!

Odin,Tyrant, Galactus, ring any bells? I'd wager Silver Surfer can beat Super Buu

illadelph12
Didn't Buu scream and rip a whole between dimensions when Gotenks tried to trap him in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by illadelph12
Didn't Buu scream and rip a whole between dimensions when Gotenks tried to trap him in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Sufer can rip a whole between dimensions correct? And probably with lil effort. hell Superman can do it with a punch. Boo at best is a mid tier herald lvl character with uber healing.

Phenomenol
Odin,Tyrant, Galactus, ring any bells? I'd wager Silver Surfer can beat Super Buu

Odin is nowhere near Super Buu! Thanos was getting beat by him.

Tyrant was kicking thanos @#$, even when Thanos had Morg's Orb.

Galactus? Lets not forget that thanos never really fought Galacus.

Silver Surfer PFFTTT.........He dies as well.

Wrong! Surfer can do no such thing!

Buu is way above Herald Level!

illadelph12
Sufer can rip a whole between dimensions correct? And probably with lil effort. hell Superman can do it with a punch. Boo at best is a mid tier herald lvl character with uber healing.

I'm not so sure about that. Maybe the Super Buu incarnation, but Kid Buu was a universal threat.

Symmetric Chaos
I'm not so sure about that. Maybe the Super Buu incarnation, but Kid Buu was a universal threat.

Planet by planet IIRC

Soljer

Uhhh...Super Buu > Kid Buu.

erm.

illadelph12
Hmm...

I could have sworn that after Vegeta and Goku retrieved everyone from inside of him and Buu reverted to Kid Buu he started powering up and Goku stated that at the power level he was charging to he could destroy everything. Then he attacked Buu and Buu destroyed the Earth (iirc).

It's been a while since I watched the Buu Saga so I'm clearly not 100% accurate in my account.

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Planet by planet IIRC Ya, but he only did it like that, so he could lure Goku out.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Soljer
Uhhh...Super Buu > Kid Buu.

erm.

I thought Kid Buu was Buu in his pure evil form without the goodness of the people he'd absorbed (like the Fat Kai) holding him back. Goku even stated that he was getting more powerful than he'd ever sensed before after they exited him.

Kid Buu was his final form.

Phenomenol
In the anime it is stated that Kid Buu destroyed Galaxies!!!

illadelph12
Yeah, it said that in the cartoon also when Supreme Kai told the story of Kid Buu's origin. He's the embodiment of evil magic created by Bibidi.

Goddess Kali
Thanos will beat Super Buu

Goddess Kali
Kid Buu is way more powerful than Super Buu

Kid Buu is the purest, most evil, and most powerful form.

Unlike Cell, the more Buu absorbs another, the more "corrupted" he becomes. In his pure form, he is strongest and in control.

Phenomenol
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
Thanos will beat Super Buu

Please, explain your theory.

Goddess Kali
Please, explain your theory.

Thanos has had it out with the likes of Odin, Tyrant, Champion, and Galactus

Thanos is a lot smarter than Buu, and a lot more versatile. Buu can basically turn people into cookies, and blow things up. That's pretty much as extensive as his power gets.

I am not convinced that Super Buu is anywhere on par with Galactus. And if Thanos has survived and even humiliated Galactus before, then he'd make small work of super buu

Phenomenol
Thanos has had it out with the likes of Odin, Tyrant, Champion, and Galactus

Thanos is a lot smarter than Buu, and a lot more versatile. Buu can basically turn people into cookies, and blow things up. That's pretty much as extensive as his power gets.

I am not convinced that Super Buu is anywhere on par with Galactus. And if Thanos has survived and even humiliated Galactus before, then he'd make small work of super buu

Thanos would have lost to Odin if the fight continued. Odin is not as powerful as Super Buu. Thanos cheated against Tyrant and he used MORG'S orb to power himself up and he STILL was getting beaten up. Champion is a nobody and Thanos never fought Galactus head up.

Super Buu has the power to destory the Universe I would think that compares to galactus! Thanos loses badly.

Goddess Kali
Super Buu has the power to destory the Universe I would think that compares to galactus! Thanos loses badly.

No he doesn't. He never displayed that kind of power.

Kid Buu finally blew up planet Earth. Not a big deal, Thanos can destroy a planet as well. Even Dr. Strange can do so. Champion, an ELDER of the Universe, not a "nobody" destroyed a planet in a fit of rage with the Power Gem, and Thanos did well against him.

And Kid Buu is way more powerful than Super Buu

Phenomenol
No he doesn't. He never displayed that kind of power.

Kid Buu finally blew up planet Earth. Not a big deal, Thanos can destroy a planet as well. Even Dr. Strange can do so. Champion, an ELDER of the Universe, not a "nobody" destroyed a planet in a fit of rage with the Power Gem, and Thanos did well against him.

And Kid Buu is way more powerful than Super Buu

No, refer to episode 271: "The Dimension is Shattered; "

Super Buu was ripping holes in the space and time continuuim and if Vegetto didn't stop him the universe would have been destroyed!

Thanos has NEVER destroyed a planet nor has it been stated that he could (only his spaceship could). Champion was augmented when he destroyed a planet and not under his own power.

starking
People your wrong, Kid buu is good deal weaker, than Super Buu. He is in fact, Buu's original form. If anyone remembered the flashback told by Kai, they would see that was his form, prior to absorbing the other Kai's.

The reason he took he converted to Kid buu, was because Goku and Vegeta removed Piccolo, Trunks, Goten, and Gohan from his body.
Kid Buu may have seem to be more impressive to some, because he went all out, destroyed shit and kicked the crap out of other fighters.

I'm sure if Goku and Vegeta had fused again, they could've defeated him with ease. I mean, he couldn't put down Fat Buu and Ss 3 Goku and Vegeta, actually stood up to him for a short period of time.

So remember, Super Buu was his most powerful incarnation.

Soljer
Originally posted by starking
People your wrong, Kid buu is good deal weaker, than Super Buu. He is in fact, Buu's original form. If anyone remembered the flashback told by Kai, they would see that was his form, prior to absorbing the other Kai's.

The reason he took he converted to Kid buu, was because Goku and Vegeta removed Piccolo, Trunks, Goten, and Gohan from his body.
Kid Buu may have seem to be more impressive to some, because he went all out, destroyed shit and kicked the crap out of other fighters.

I'm sure if Goku and Vegeta had fused again, they could've defeated him with ease. I mean, he couldn't put down Fat Buu and Ss 3 Goku and Vegeta, actually stood up to him for a short period of time.

So remember, Super Buu was his most powerful incarnation.

Super Buu with Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo was his most powerful incarnation.

Or, well, I guess after he absorbed Vegetto....but that hardly counted.

starking
Super Buu with Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo was his most powerful incarnation.

Or, well, I guess after he absorbed Vegetto....but that hardly counted. Exactly. thumb up

King Kandy
Actualy all Supreme Kai said was that Kid Buu was his most dangerous incarnation...

Which could be true, cause unlike Super Buu he had no intelligence or motive, he just destroyed whatever he came across.

Goddess Kali
Actualy all Supreme Kai said was that Kid Buu was his most dangerous incarnation...

Which could be true, cause unlike Super Buu he had no intelligence or motive, he just destroyed whatever he came across.

I too recall Kid Buu actually being the most dangerous form of Buu as well.

It took Vegetto Spirit Bomb to take him out.

SS3 Goku did nothing to him, Fat Buu got his ass handed to him by Kid Buu as well

llagrok
So all they have is "claimed to destroy galaxies"

I never once saw Kid Buu display that kind of power.

Phenomenol
Originally posted by llagrok

Wathc Episode 220. The Appearance of Darkness! ! The Evil Magician Babidi...

While Kaioushin explains majin Buuu's origin it also shows Buu destroying a galaxy.

King Kandy
I too recall Kid Buu actually being the most dangerous form of Buu as well.

It took Vegetto Spirit Bomb to take him out.

SS3 Goku did nothing to him, Fat Buu got his ass handed to him by Kid Buu as well
Most dangerous? Yes.

Most powerful? Not in my opinion.

Goddess Kali
Buu is very powerful, nonetheless.

Sundipped
Kid Buu is way more powerful than Super Buu

Kid Buu is the purest, most evil, and most powerful form.

Unlike Cell, the more Buu absorbs another, the more "corrupted" he becomes. In his pure form, he is strongest and in control.

Kid Buu is the most evil but not the most powerful. SS3 Gouku had major problems with SuperBuu (when he was trying to get Gohan to fuse with him). He was able to go toe 2 toe with Kid Buu.

Sundipped
I don't think Thanos can win this 1. The version of Buu in this thread is the 1 with Piccolo, Goten, Trunks, and Mystic Gohan absorbed. Goku as SS2 and Vegeta as SS2 both got shitted on in a matter of minutes.

It would take a Spirit Bomb level blast to get rid of this Buu. Does Thanos have that kind of power? With SBuu's ridiculious regeneration power Thanos can't possibly have the stamina to continue a toe 2 toe fight.

celestialdemon
Thanos would win. It would take any DBZ four episodes just to throw an attack. box

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Sundipped
I don't think Thanos can win this 1. The version of Buu in this thread is the 1 with Piccolo, Goten, Trunks, and Mystic Gohan absorbed. Goku as SS2 and Vegeta as SS2 both got shitted on in a matter of minutes.

It would take a Spirit Bomb level blast to get rid of this Buu. Does Thanos have that kind of power? With SBuu's ridiculious regeneration power Thanos can't possibly have the stamina to continue a toe 2 toe fight.

confused laughing

It would take an Elder God or some kind of Abstract or High Sky Father lvl being to even begin to Dent Thanos and make him get tired. Buu even with all those guys isn't that. Odin could beat all of those guys in side of BUU with a one shot blast. Thanos pretty much does the same. Mind raping or forced matrix splitting for the win as BUU is forced to release all of the beings he's absorbed.

King Kandy
I don't buy for a second that Thanos could make Buu release his absorbed characters.

Astner
Boo could turn Thanos into candy (or anything else for that matter) or possibly absorb him, question is, who gets to attack first.

Astner
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Thanos would win. It would take any DBZ four episodes just to throw an attack. box
Last time on Dragonball Z, Majin Boo has gotten his ass kicked for 19 whole episodes! wink

Phenomenol
confused laughing

It would take an Elder God or some kind of Abstract or High Sky Father lvl being to even begin to Dent Thanos and make him get tired. Buu even with all those guys isn't that. Odin could beat all of those guys in side of BUU with a one shot blast. Thanos pretty much does the same. Mind raping or forced matrix splitting for the win as BUU is forced to release all of the beings he's absorbed.

Thanos was getting hurt by Odin's attacks and he would have lost if the battle continued.

Super Buu has the power to destroy the universe, Odin would be luck enough to see of he can destroy a planet.

Super Buu wins with a finger blast.

Soljer
I dunno if Thanos will be able to permanently harm Buu - but then, I don't think Buu could really harm Thanos.

Then again, Buu may be able to ABSORB Thanos.

Then again, Thanos could turn Buu into marshmallow.

stick out tongue.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Astner
Boo could turn Thanos into candy (or anything else for that matter) or possibly absorb him, question is, who gets to attack first.

Boo wouldn't have much luck turning Thanos into candy. He has control over his molecular structure. I think it was in Thanos Quest that he held himself together when his trip tried to alter his body.

Astner
Boo wouldn't have much luck turning Thanos into candy. He has control over his molecular structure. I think it was in Thanos Quest that he held himself together when his trip tried to alter his body.
The power is magical, not reality manipulation/transumation.

celestialdemon
The power is magical, not reality manipulation/transumation.

Have you ever seen him transformed by magic, either?

Astner
Have you ever seen him transformed by magic, either?
Thanos? - Nope.

ExtraMision5555
Couldent Super buu turn peoople into chocolate? Hows thanos going to get around taht? I know hes probably resilliant to transmutation but Buu's chocolate transmutation seemed unavoideable. and if im not mistaken it was magical in nature

ExtraMision5555

L O L

Avalonofthewind
No, refer to episode 271: "The Dimension is Shattered; "

Super Buu was ripping holes in the space and time continuuim and if Vegetto didn't stop him the universe would have been destroyed!

Thanos has NEVER destroyed a planet nor has it been stated that he could (only his spaceship could). Champion was augmented when he destroyed a planet and not under his own power.

A lot of characters can do this.

Hell, even Marty Mcfly, the Doc, and the delorean can destroy the space/time continuum, and thus the universe.

Doesn't mean that any of them have a chance against Thanos.

Thanos ftw.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

Hell, even Marty Mcfly, the Doc, and the delorean can destroy the space/time continuum, and thus the universe.

Thanos ftw.

I agree, it doesnt mean they have a chance against thanos but in THIS instance? Super Buu definately has a chance against thanos.

Heck, drax stuck his hand through thanos'es chest

Phenomenol

Thanos ftw.

No, they don't have the power to destroy the Entire Universe like Super Buu. The Guy in one attack was Shattering the Dimension!

Thanos DIES a horrible death.

Sparkz
<<sigh>> Filler strikes again with its contracting lines and BS.

Right here goes I'll try and explain this, though this may go horribly wrong lol.

Right the order of power goes like this

Gohan Buu> Gotenks Buu> Piccolo Buu> Buff Buu> Super Buu> Fat Buu> Kid Buu=Evil Buu >Mr Buu

Right then Kid Buu was the weakest but the most deadly as he had no pure souls holding him back and he would destroy anything without hesitation, except maybe to prolong suffering. He then Absorbed the South Kai who turned him into Buff Buu, This was who Goku was referring to when he said he was getting stronger after he and Vegeta freed everyone inside Buu's Body. After this form disappeared and he reverted to Kid Buu he and Vegeta commented on how they could now take him. Anyway after he absorbed the fat Kai and became fat Buu he became stronger but lost his killer instinct. He then separated into Mr Buu and evil Buu (Mr Buu looks exactly the same as fat buu) and evil buu ate fat buu to become Super Buu adding their power levels together, the rest is then self explanatory really as everyone who Buu absorbs gets their power levels added to his.

And before it comes up yes I know that Goku at Super Saiyan 3 said he could beat Fat Buu but couldn't finish kid buu, but after spending years on DBZ forums this is how it was explained, When Goku was dead he could fully power up as a super Saiyan 3 but when alive it drained to much of his chi which he did state and he couldn't get up to full power, which is why he couldn't defeat Kid buu.

And as for the Buu being a threat to the entire universe because he was punching loads of holes in dimensions against Vegerot (or Vegito as he is known outside the manga in case people didn't know) that was filler, yes Buu can create holes but as Super buu he only managed to make 1 small hole for him to just walk through, hardly a threat really. And when they say he was a threat to the universe Its simply because he can go anywhere he wants and besides a select few of the Z warriors No one can even slow him down. So he can destroy anything he wants to with no resistance not blow up the universe in one shot (Unless your all saying that the entire human race's chi combined could do it because that's what formed the Genki Dama and killed kid Buu)

1 More thing some people can get around the whole Candy thing, Vegerot was turned into candy and he still kicked the crap out of Buu...

I hope this cleared up anything though I'm sure someone will have a go at me for this...oh and sorry if it sounded condescending anywhere in there.

Astner
The only canon dimensional breakthrough Boo did was breaking out of the Room of Time and Spirit.
But that ripping the time and space coninuum was not in the manga, thus not canon.

ExtraMision5555
I think people should start specifiying cartoon incarnation, or manga for DBZ characters

Astner

Sparkz

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by starking
http://www.blackgoku.com/dbz/images/superbuugohan.jpg

vs

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/06/Thanos.png/250px-Thanos.png

Thanos would rip Buu apart without a second though. Any form of Buu is nothing but a mere flee to Thanos.

Astner
Originally posted by Sparkz
I suppose you could say that, but by the sound of it it was just someone he absorbed but maybe the kai was released when he was reforming...it was never really explained why he didnt stay in that form, or why he didnt just revert to evil buu to be honest.
Meh, speculation is non canon as well.

Boo is powerful, but Thanos can do a lot of stuff to him, transmutation and stuff.

Phenomenol
The only canon dimensional breakthrough Boo did was breaking out of the Room of Time and Spirit.
But that ripping the time and space coninuum was not in the manga, thus not canon.

Canon? That is a fanmade name for what FANS want to label canon.

To consider what canon is it's totally up to the Author, notably Akira Toriyama himself.

Buu WINS easily.

Ultimate Hulk43
Are you serious? Please tell me you're joking.

Sparkz

To consider what canon is it's totally up to the Author, notably Akira Toriyama himself.

Exactly So when Buu punched loads of holes in reality against Vegerot that was non cannon because Akira Toriyama never wrote that...

Soljer

Buu WINS easily.

Exactly. Akira wrote the manga. His vision is the manga. The manga is canon. The anime is cool and all, but the Manga is the truth.

Sparkz
Exactly. Akira wrote the manga. His vision is the manga. The manga is canon. The anime is cool and all, but the Manga is the truth.

Couldn't have said it better myself lol. Nice to see there is at least one respectable DBZ fan (at least you seem to be a DBZ fan) that dsnt jump at the chance to use filler for everything.

Phenomenol
Exactly So when Buu punched loads of holes in reality against Vegerot that was non cannon because Akira Toriyama never wrote that...

Akira Toriyama Worked on the Anime as well.

You can't just label something that you think is "non-canon." That is completely up to the Author himself.

What you said is completely based on OPINION!!!

Sparkz
Akira Toriyama Worked on the Anime as well.

You can't just label something that you think is "non-canon." That is completely up to the Author himself.

What you said is completely based on OPINION!!!

Do you know what Filler is? Its what the anime companies stick in the anime while Toryama is continuing with the manga. The manga is the original source, and that isn't opinion that is fact!

Do you think Toriyama watched Super saiyan 2 Goku fight toe tto toe with Kid Buu and said "Yup that makes perfect sense, this way he looks stronger than he does as a super saiyan 3"

Soljer
Couldn't have said it better myself lol. Nice to see there is at least one respectable DBZ fan (at least you seem to be a DBZ fan) that dsnt jump at the chance to use filler for everything.

Not really. I watched it when I was younger and read the manga years ago. I used to be a DBZ fan, way back when. Now I just debate about the story because there are far too many idiot fans of it - it makes it easy, stick out tongue.

Sparkz
Not really. I watched it when I was younger and read the manga years ago. I used to be a DBZ fan, way back when. Now I just debate about the story because there are far too many idiot fans of it - it makes it easy, stick out tongue.

Lol fair enough...but at least you aren't irrational

Phenomenol
Do you know what Filler is? Its what the anime companies stick in the anime while Toryama is continuing with the manga. The manga is the original source, and that isn't opinion that is fact!

Do you think Toriyama watched Super saiyan 2 Goku fight toe tto toe with Kid Buu and said "Yup that makes perfect sense, this way he looks stronger than he does as a super saiyan 3"

"Filler" is a word made up by fans. Toriyama did "filler" in the anime, even created some "filler" characters.

What YOU think is canon or not is soley based upon OPINION. Toriyama decides what is canon.

Sundipped
Superbuu>Kidbuu.
Take a minute to look back at what kid buu was doing:
Generate a blast that destroyed earth easily.
Used IT to travel throughout DBZ universe destroying world after world in succession ( reforming in the process from planet explosion impact) looking for Goku and Vegeta after they escaped from earth.

Super Buu has more power than Kid B. He just wanted to show off his absorbtion abilities and toy around. Until he met Vegito. As I explained above u see what a not holding back Kid Buu can do. If Thanos can't generate a form of energy comparable to a Spirit Bomb then he loses.

I'm not sure if Thanos's transmutation abilities will work on magical beings this powerful. Nor if his molecular control will prevent him from being absorbed.

Avalonofthewind
No, they don't have the power to destroy the Entire Universe like Super Buu. The Guy in one attack was Shattering the Dimension!

Thanos DIES a horrible death.

Wrong. Mcfly and the Doc mentioned more than once about destroying the universe.

Neither the delorean team OR Super Buu are going to hurt Thanos.

Buu and most DBZ characters are at most low level Green lantern level.

Phenomenol
Wrong. Mcfly and the Doc mentioned more than once about destroying the universe.

Neither the delorean team OR Super Buu are going to hurt Thanos.

Buu and most DBZ characters are at most low level Green lantern level.

Doc and Mcfly mentioning it is pure HYPERBOLE!!! they simply don't have the power. the ynever demonstated it anything.

Super Buu can and did.

DBZ characters are above Herald Level and sky father.

Avalonofthewind
Doc and Mcfly mentioning it is pure HYPERBOLE!!! they simply don't have the power. the ynever demonstated it anything.

Super Buu can and did.

DBZ characters are above Herald Level and sky father.

Super Buu destroying the universe is also hyperbole. It's never been shown on panel.

The danger presented by McFly and his Delorean is the same as Buu.

Therefore, Super Buu is McFly level.

Thanos wins.

Phenomenol
Super Buu destroying the universe is also hyperbole. It's never been shown on panel.

The danger presented by McFly and his Delorean is the same as Buu.

Therefore, Super Buu is McFly level.

Thanos wins.

Wrong! Super Buu was shattering the entire Dimension it is shown in Episode 271!!!

Vegetoo stopped him before the universe collapsed.

Thanos DIES just by Buu looking at him.

Avalonofthewind
Wrong! Super Buu was shattering the entire Dimension it is shown in Episode 271!!!

Vegetoo stopped him before the universe collapsed.

Thanos DIES just by Buu looking at him.

Which again leads to the theory that the Doc nearly destroyed the universe in Bttf2. Again, nothing more than hyperbole.

Thanos pimpslaps Buu and wins in a curbstomp.

Sparkz
"Filler" is a word made up by fans. Toriyama did "filler" in the anime, even created some "filler" characters.

What YOU think is canon or not is soley based upon OPINION. Toriyama decides what is canon.

Oh come on, Stan Lee has also given his input and added things into some of the Marvel films, are they all cannon now?

And he didn't create any of the filler characters, he has helped design their looks but thats as far as it goes, he was too busy writing the manga to be coming up with filler for the anime as well, that was the whole point of filler, so Toriyama had enough time to continue writing the story while the anime went on.

ExtraMision5555

Dont even argue with it. Since when was the cannon nature of a series (key word, series) based off of a group of fan's opinions?

Untill akira states otherwise, its cannon. Its that simple. Thiers no point in argueing with someone who was upset with the extreme power rageing through dragonball gt, and decides to declare it non-cannon. Remember, their was a time where humans thought the earth was flat -- but its not flat now is it?

Going by the logic most poeple use to declare it non-cannon, almost every comic in production right now should be non cannon. Authors rotate all the time. The torch is passed. Get over (not you)

its fair to seperate the two (manga, and cartoon), but to each of its respective formats, its all legit.

carver9
ok; i would like to make some corrections. Lets use a powerful being from dc planet. Superman for example. Now lets get some of superman enemies and pit them against one of the weakest dbz character. Lets say krillin. Lets start with equus, someone who sliced superman up. lets pit him against krillin. Krillin speed blitz him, winking out around his body, punching him with 1000 punches per second and end it with a destructo disk to the head.

Krillin vs kalibak; Kalibak is more durable but i do think that krillin punches would affect him and once krillin sees that kalibak dont want to fall, he winks out under him at blinding speed, grabs him by the feat, throw him ini the sky and shoot a moon destroying blast at him desintegrating him.

Krillin vs mongel; Krillin gets tired of mongel talking and punch him in the face and while staggering, winks out behind him and split him in half with a destructo disk.

Honestly; there shouldnt be anyone below galactus in dc or marvel that should pose a threat against anything in the caliber of tien on up. Master roshi, one of the weakest dbz destroyed a moon with little effort. Master roshi and goku as a child did an entire fight seen that would have lasted 10 minutes if a human did it but they did it in milliseconds.

Dragonball z fighting speed is so rediculous that it cannot be copied by any dc or marvel character. By the way it has been classified many of times that a lot of the dbz characters have enough power to destroy a universe. Why would they do it, why would cell do it. Was he trying to kill himself. Lets put it like this, brolly destroyed a galaxy without much effort. That should tell you something.

Power wise.
Goku>>Vegita>>gohun>>Tien>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Superman

Buu would destroy thanos. Thnos is a bad a** and is one of the most powerful beings out there but i cannot see anything below galactus even posing a threat.

carver9
Originally posted by llagrok

Well i can tell you this. Brolly destroyed a galaxy in milliseconds. Kid buu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>brolly. What reason did buu have to destroy the universe. He was busy looking for goku and vegita to fight them head on. Who on dbz had a reason to destroy the universe. What villian or hero. All of them lived to challenge goku. It was even stated that kooler possessed enough power to destroy the universe.

King Kandy
Okay.

The picture givin is of anime Super Buu.

Therefore this is Super Buu from the Anime.

celestialdemon
Has any Dragonball character at any time actually been shown or at least stated by the writer to destroy a galaxy? Something actually concrete besides all of their ego-filled statements?

Frieza? Cell? Broly? Buu? Janemba? Bebi? Shenron?

King Kandy
I think only Broly was concretly said to destroy a Galaxy, but it's non-canon.

Astner
^KK beat me to it

ExtraMision5555
brolly had funny eyes and funny hair

carver9
Has any Dragonball character at any time actually been shown or at least stated by the writer to destroy a galaxy? Something actually concrete besides all of their ego-filled statements?

Frieza? Cell? Broly? Buu? Janemba? Bebi? Shenron?

yes goku stated that if he let frieza live, that he was going to destroy the universe. He said the same thing about cell. They do have the ability to sense the power level of there enemies, goku should be able to know what kind of powers his enemies possess.

carver9
I think only Broly was concretly said to destroy a Galaxy, but it's non-canon.

It happened so its cannon.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by carver9
yes goku stated that if he let frieza live, that he was going to destroy the universe. He said the same thing about cell. They do have the ability to sense the power level of there enemies, goku should be able to know what kind of powers his enemies possess.

This could have been exaggeration on Goku's part, or he could have meant they would kill every planet one by one until all life was gone. Until they prove it on panel, it's just talk.

starking
It happened so its cannon. Not really, Dbz movies don't fit in the normal story AT ALL, thus they have to be non canon.

Nikkolas
Broly was awesome.

But, in my opinion, no one DBZ character can beat Thanos.

Creshosk
A few of the movies fit, but tere are some that obviously don't. Like .. I think it was the 12th one.. the one with Janemba... doesn't fit.

King Kandy
It happened so its cannon.
In a movie.

But tell you what, I'll conceed your point if you can tell me when "Cooler's Revenge" takes place.

carver9
This could have been exaggeration on Goku's part, or he could have meant they would kill every planet one by one until all life was gone. Until they prove it on panel, it's just talk.

I believe you really have something against dragonball. When has a dragonball character ever needed to destroy a universe. That wasnt the point of there being. If cell is light years more powerful than master roshi and master roshi had the ability to create enough power to destroy a moon what should that tell you. If vegeta destroyed a planet with two fingers what does that tell you. If brolly destroyed an entire galaxy in a matter of seconds, what does that tell you.

Cell had the ability to destroy a universe but he never had a reason to do so. Frieza had the power to destroy a universe but he never had a reason to do so. It was even stated that raditz had the power to destroy the planet (which he did) but did he do it, no.

Darkseid has the ability to wipe superman off the face of the planet but has he done it, no. Does that mean that he cant do it, no.

Your logics arent making any sense. Thanos, superman, etc.. dont have enough fighting speed to keep up with the weakest of the dragonball z characters (krillin), so how will they possess any kind of way of beating these characters.

Do you want to know the sad thing about this. Wizard created a fight with superman vs krillin. I know people dont like wizard but guess who won, krillin. Wizard also made an edition with the jla vs vegita and nappa and nappa soloed the team ending with vegeta killing the flash. Wizard also made a battle with superman vs goku, to bad goku won.

All superman fans and goku haters are all going to be one sided. I like both characters and know that superman or thanos dont have enough combat speed to keep up with any character from dbz.

Creshosk
If cell is light years more powerful than ...

Your logics arent making any sense.

*snerk*

carver9
In a movie.

But tell you what, I'll conceed your point if you can tell me when "Cooler's Revenge" takes place.

around the android saga because goku and vegeta was a super saiyan but gohun wasnt one.

carver9
Originally posted by Creshosk
*snerk*

i guess you couldnt think of a combat. embarrasment

carver9
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Broly was awesome.

But, in my opinion, no one DBZ character can beat Thanos.

But in my opinion thanos dont have any kind of way of touching a dbz character unless thanos has a new power of stopping time.

Creshosk
i guess you couldnt think of a combat. embarrasment I'm just teasing you for the way you phrased those.

carver9
I'm just teasing you for the way you phrased those.

Naah, its ok. Just having fun debating with you all but i stil think that thanos would lose. BADLY. Im glad youre not one of the guys that curse, bash, and insult people. Just remember everyone; everybody that is debating has there own opinions.

Creshosk
Naah, its ok. Just having fun debating with you all but i stil think that thanos would lose. BADLY. Im glad youre not one of the guys that curse, bash, and insult people. Just remember everyone; everybody that is debating has there own opinions. Oh I do if you manage to rile me up bad enough. ermm

Now in the other thread... I wasn't calling you an idiot. I was saying what you said was... well off.

carver9
Oh I do if you manage to rile me up bad enough. ermm

Now in the other thread... I wasn't calling you an idiot. I was saying what you said was... well off.

Cool but dont let anything that i say get to you. Now if i come off the wrong way, please let me know so i can correct myself. By the way. Thanos loses this fight.

celestialdemon
I believe you really have something against dragonball. When has a dragonball character ever needed to destroy a universe. That wasnt the point of there being. If cell is light years more powerful than master roshi and master roshi had the ability to create enough power to destroy a moon what should that tell you. If vegeta destroyed a planet with two fingers what does that tell you. If brolly destroyed an entire galaxy in a matter of seconds, what does that tell you.

Cell had the ability to destroy a universe but he never had a reason to do so. Frieza had the power to destroy a universe but he never had a reason to do so. It was even stated that raditz had the power to destroy the planet (which he did) but did he do it, no.

Darkseid has the ability to wipe superman off the face of the planet but has he done it, no. Does that mean that he cant do it, no.

Your logics arent making any sense. Thanos, superman, etc.. dont have enough fighting speed to keep up with the weakest of the dragonball z characters (krillin), so how will they possess any kind of way of beating these characters.

Do you want to know the sad thing about this. Wizard created a fight with superman vs krillin. I know people dont like wizard but guess who won, krillin. Wizard also made an edition with the jla vs vegita and nappa and nappa soloed the team ending with vegeta killing the flash. Wizard also made a battle with superman vs goku, to bad goku won.

All superman fans and goku haters are all going to be one sided. I like both characters and know that superman or thanos dont have enough combat speed to keep up with any character from dbz.

I have absolutely nothing against Dragonball Z. In fact, it's one of my favorite shows to watch ever. I've seen all the episodes, including Dragonball GT, and I own all the movies.

The problem I have with people debating Dragonball characters is that a lot of times people use what the characters state themselves as proof of feats. We all know that the DBZ world is FULL of sh*t-talkers, and that includes the heroes. They talk a lot about what they are capable of but never seem to follow through. That's why it's so important to show on panel proof with them so as to discern the truth from the hyperbole.

As for Wizard, I'll skip over that. Their battles should NEVER be brought in as evidence.

Destroying a planet or a moon is completely different than destroying a universe. Gladiator destroyed a planet with his fists. Yet, he has no hope of destroying a universe.

They do have a lot of combat speed, I will give you that. But how much speed do they have compared to someone like Superman? We don't know. What I do know is that Thanos has neutralized a speedblitz attack before from Fallen One, whom is a herald.

Goddess Kali
I love Goku to death, hes mad sexy but Thanos will beat him

Endless Mike
In the anime it is stated that Kid Buu destroyed Galaxies!!!

Which is contradicted by the canon manga, which only states he destroyed a few hundred planets.

Creshosk
The problem I have with people debating Dragonball characters is that a lot of times people use what the characters state themselves as proof of feats. We all know that the DBZ world is FULL of sh*t-talkers, and that includes the heroes. They talk a lot about what they are capable of but never seem to follow through. That's why it's so important to show on panel proof with them so as to discern the truth from the hyperbole. This is my biggest issue as well.

There was a point if I recall correctly, where Vegeta trash talked and cowed someone into leaving. After they left he requested a Senzu bean. Weh nthe other person asked why he told them that he was lieing.

Practically everyone in DBZ trash talks. And for somereason the people debateing DBZ are gullible enough to believe them.

Endless Mike
This is my biggest issue as well.

There was a point if I recall correctly, where Vegeta trash talked and cowed someone into leaving. After they left he requested a Senzu bean. Weh nthe other person asked why he told them that he was lieing.

Practically everyone in DBZ trash talks. And for somereason the people debateing DBZ are gullible enough to believe them.

And they hold stupid double standards as well. Apparently the scans of Surtur destroying galaxies were "exaggerations and hyperbole" despite the fact that it actually happened, but Cell saying he could destroy the solar system is uncontestable fact. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Creshosk
And they hold stupid double standards as well. Apparently the scans of Surtur destroying galaxies were "exaggerations and hyperbole" despite the fact that it actually happened, but Cell saying he could destroy the solar system is uncontestable fact. roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah I experienced phenominal's fanboyism firsthand for that one.

Goddess Kali
Dragon Ball Z is pure hyperbole. Broly destroyed all life in a galaxy, world by world, he didn't obliterate the entire galaxy himself.

In the beginning of DBZ, the Saiyans claim they can travel faster than light, meanwhile, it is later revealed that Goku while battling Ginyu Force was able to travel 10,000 mp/second ...yeah a little off there.

Also, the DBZ Universe hasn't been shown to be as extensive as Marvel's or DC's, where far more things have happened.

The DBZ characters are certainly powerful, but nothing that people like Dark Pheonix or Parallax can't handle.

Endless Mike
Dragon Ball Z is pure hyperbole. Broly destroyed all life in a galaxy, world by world, he didn't obliterate the entire galaxy himself.

In the beginning of DBZ, the Saiyans claim they can travel faster than light

Actually, in one of the American dubs, Picollo said Raditz moved faster than light, but that was an error in the translation, nothing like that was ever stated in the original manga or anime.

I've never even heard that figure. Where is this from?

You don't need to go that far.

I would say nothing that Kyle Rayner or Martian Manhunter can't handle

Sparkz

In the beginning of DBZ, the Saiyans claim they can travel faster than light, meanwhile, it is later revealed that Goku while battling Ginyu Force was able to travel 10,000 mp/second ...yeah a little off there.

Also, the DBZ Universe hasn't been shown to be as extensive as Marvel's or DC's, where far more things have happened.

The DBZ characters are certainly powerful, but nothing that people like Dark Pheonix or Parallax can't handle.

The saiyans couldnt travel at light speed in the begining of DBZ and they never stated that, there was one side step from raditz and in a mis dub it was stated he could move faster than the speed of light but in the manga Piccolo was just shocked Raditz side stepped it.

Sundipped
In a movie.

I wondered about this also. It had to be around the time of the Android Saga with Vegeta being a SS1.

Sparkz
Its in the android saga somewhere, if it was before Goku would have wondered why Vegeta was a super saiyan, so it isn't in the 3 year training gap. and its before the room of spirit and time because Gohan isnt a super saiyan.

But like all movies this makes no sense, because Goku should be dieing from a heart virus, and the rest should be fighting the androids....

Sundipped
Its in the android saga somewhere, if it was before Goku would have wondered why Vegeta was a super saiyan, so it isn't in the 3 year training gap. and its before the room of spirit and time because Gohan isnt a super saiyan.

But like all movies this makes no sense, because Goku should be dieing from a heart virus, and the rest should be fighting the androids....

That's true. That sort of puts it in the What If non-cannon category.

Sparkz
That's true. That sort of puts it in the What If non-cannon category.

Pretty much, and this is the case with all of the films, because they all have the same problems, look at the first cooler movie, Goku is back early from space...and can't become a super saiyan at will and he isn't training with Gohan and Piccolo.

King Kandy
around the android saga because goku and vegeta was a super saiyan but gohun wasnt one.
Can't be...

Vegeta wasn't in that movie, and Goku couldn't go Super Saiyan at will in it.

King Kandy
I wondered about this also. It had to be around the time of the Android Saga with Vegeta being a SS1.
No, you're thinking of "Cooler Returns"

Vegeta wasn't in "Cooler's Revenge"

Grinning Goku
Anime is cool in the vs. forum now?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Anime is cool in the vs. forum now?

Anything is allowed now, and it's a mess.

Sundipped
No, you're thinking of "Cooler Returns"

Vegeta wasn't in "Cooler's Revenge"

Yeah my bad. Cooler's Revenge was the 1st 1.

Grinning Goku
Thanos > Superman > Vegetto > Gohan > Super Buu > Kid Buu > Goku

Gohan wasn't stronger than the Super Buu that is referenced in this thread.

Soljer
Uhhh...

Fine.

Thanos > Superman > Vegetto > Super Buu (after absorbing Gohan) > Gohan > Super Buu > Kid Buu > Goku.

Pleased?

Grinning Goku
Jea! I'm a DBZ stickler I'm afraid.

King Kandy
Superman>Vegetto?

No. Just No.

Xplosive
Kid Buu finally blew up planet Earth.

Freeza in his nail had enough energy to easily destroy a planet.
Super Buu is probably about 20 times more powerful than Freeza.
Super Buu energy should definitely go above Thanos.

Super Buu is also much faster than Thanos.

I think Super Buu should own him.

Thnos is a bad a** and is one of the most powerful beings

No, not really. He is a bad ass, but is not one of the most powerful in MU.

Endless Mike
Superman>Vegetto?

No. Just No.

What has Vegetto done to put him above Superman?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>