Mario (Melee) vs. Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnazzySmurph
They're at the bottom of a ravine that's 3 miles wide and ten miles high.

Smash Bros. Melee Mario, standard equip.

Survival Game Mechanics don't apply.

Who wins?

Martian_mind
Ganandorf shitstomps em both.

SnazzySmurph
Hmm... I DO pwn with Ganondorf...

Martian_mind
Same,and plus he's tebeasty in The games.

SnazzySmurph
Cosigned, but stay on topic.

Harry Fingerman
I own with Bowser.

Martian_mind
Me+Samus=teh ownage of all.

Harry Fingerman
Weak... totally weak.

Anyway, the only way Mario can win, is if the game mechanics apply...

Nikkolas
Melee Mario is weak.

Platformer Mario can chuck castles and take down the Sun with Koopa Shells.

RPG Mario had the Star Rod and could be shot to the Moon.

Wolverine2006
Wolverine kills him and takes his shrooms

And Kirby's the best anyways

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Weak... totally weak.

Anyway, the only way Mario can win, is if the game mechanics apply... I disagree.

He can deflect attacks with the cape, or just scorch Wolverine with fireballs.

He's easily more agile, and at least as good fighting ability.

And he's damn speedy too.

Not to mention the shield that all SSB characters have.

Aha!

Martian_mind
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
I disagree.

Aha!

and yet,he'd still lose to samus or Ganandorf...

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Martian_mind
and yet,he'd still lose to samus or Ganandorf... Depends which versions.

Oh, and to add on to former posts- His smash attacks and superior strength would both be very dangerous to Wolverine as well.

Martian_mind
No,any shitstomp him.

SnazzySmurph
No... melee can match either of them. And beat them.

Other versions... debatable. Though, not with most versions of Ganon.

Harry Fingerman
I disagree.

Aha! Is his kape gunna deflekt unbreakable klaws?
ahdunthinkso.

When was the last time you saw Wolverine put down by fire... let alone fireballs?

Pfft.

Pfft, I kan see him when he's on the skreen, and that's like, a kouple feet wide.
Wolverine has dodged gunfire, and was too fast for people to see him in kombat.

And teh shield gets smaller the more it gets used, and when it gets smashed from pounding on it, it leaves Mario vulnerable to gitting his head kutted off.

An dats trufe!

Battlehammer
is this a serous thread?

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Battlehammer
is this a serous thread? Nope.
I think Ill's gunna have to go all "Operation: Zero Tolerance" on his anus!

Battlehammer
hahahaha

Battlehammer
mario brother would beat his short fat ass all over the sewers

SnazzySmurph
Is his kape gunna deflekt unbreakable klaws?
ahdunthinkso.

When was the last time you saw Wolverine put down by fire... let alone fireballs?

Pfft.

Pfft, I kan see him when he's on the skreen, and that's like, a kouple feet wide.
Wolverine has dodged gunfire, and was too fast for people to see him in kombat.

And teh shield gets smaller the more it gets used, and when it gets smashed from pounding on it, it leaves Mario vulnerable to gitting his head kutted off.

An dats trufe! Why not? erm

Just saying, he has the ranged advantage. When was the last time you saw Mario put down by a couple blade scratches? Links sword, after numerous slashes, doesn't even do 30%...

Game mechanincs... the actual levels are pretty big (Hyrule, for instance), and he covers them in a couple seconds.

Well, if he stands there like a dumbass, until it breaks, you might have a point.

Not to mention there's his dodge as well... and the R + direction dodges. He moves pretty f*cking fast there.

Harry Fingerman
Why not? erm

Just saying, he has the ranged advantage. When was the last time you saw Mario put down by a couple blade scratches? Links sword, after numerous slashes, doesn't even do 30%...

Game mechanincs... the actual levels are pretty big (Hyrule, for instance), and he covers them in a couple seconds.

Well, if he stands there like a dumbass, until it breaks, you might have a point.

Not to mention there's his dodge as well... and the R + direction dodges. He moves pretty f*cking fast there. Wait, does his kape even deflekt melee attaks?

Yabuh, you also have to take into konsideration of what Wolverine has done as well.
Link's sword obviously kan't kut him (buh he kan hurt him), Wolverdog7 has kut Hulk.

Yabuh, I kan see him, and follow him the whole way there.

Also, for those last two points, I tought u said no game mechanics...

How is he gunna git away from Wolverine if he puts it up, and lets Wolverine hit him though?
Jump bak? Wolverine kould katch him.

And, after the dodge, it also leaves them vulnerable for a slash, or kut.

Harry Fingerman
Imma gunna 2 bed.

Nite, nite, dont let the bed STDS bite. evil face

Creshosk
Wait, does his kape even deflekt melee attaks?Yes.

Oh and I play Marth and Jigglypuff. doped

I'm serious Jigglypuff can one hit KO people. no expression

SnazzySmurph
Wait, does his kape even deflekt melee attaks?

Yabuh, you also have to take into konsideration of what Wolverine has done as well.
Link's sword obviously kan't kut him (buh he kan hurt him), Wolverdog7 has kut Hulk.

Yabuh, I kan see him, and follow him the whole way there.

Also, for those last two points, I tought u said no game mechanics...

How is he gunna git away from Wolverine if he puts it up, and lets Wolverine hit him though?
Jump bak? Wolverine kould katch him.

And, after the dodge, it also leaves them vulnerable for a slash, or kut. It spins them around.

Wolverine won't be getting direct hits anyways, seeing as he doesn't have Link's reach.

Which is why I said game mechanics. You HAVE to be able to see him. Not that I'm saying you wouldn't otherwise, just that it's not a good gauge.

I used game mechanics as reasoning for the second one. For the first, it's the only way I can put in perspective how much slashing damage does to Mario.

Wolverine could, but he can jump up, jump again, and jump a third time, with a dodge after.

If you dodge when you're supposed to, they typically don't have time to follow it up with a second slash... not to mention, Wolverine has no expierience with these things. So he'd be screwed when he can't possibly anticipate it.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Creshosk
Yes.

Oh and I play Marth and Jigglypuff. doped

I'm serious Jigglypuff can one hit KO people. no expression Yes, he can.

Roy's fully charged B attack is supposed to be a one hit KO, but, iirc, it isn't...

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Battlehammer
is this a serous thread? Yes. no expression

Creshosk
Yes, he can.

Roy's fully charged B attack is supposed to be a one hit KO, but, iirc, it isn't... I'm not sure, I've never been hit with one and wasn't really paying attention when I nailed people with it myself. Usually only did that when they got smacked into a point I knew they were going to be by another player.

It a pain in the butt to try and get off. Where as Jig's price is paid after you execute the attack.

SnazzySmurph
I'm not sure, I've never been hit with one and wasn't really paying attention when I nailed people with it myself. Usually only did that when they got smacked into a point I knew they were going to be by another player.

It a pain in the butt to try and get off. Where as Jig's price is paid after you execute the attack. Yeah... I recall noticing once that it didn't follow through with the KO and the such... meh.

Usually. The downside is that you're somewhat vulnerable shortly afterwards, and Jig's normal downsides... meh.

On topic.

Wolverine2006
Why not? erm

Not to mention there's his dodge as well... and the R + direction dodges. He moves pretty f*cking fast there.

I've seen Mario get put down by bumping into a flying turtle

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
I've seen Mario get put down by bumping into a flying turtle Game mechanics.

I've seen Wolverine get pwned by a deer.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
I've seen Mario get put down by bumping into a flying turtle That's the game punishing you for sucking at the game.

SnazzySmurph
That's the game punishing you for sucking at the game. Ta-Ruth.

G'night, all.

offtobed

SnazzySmurph
Teh Bumpzorz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.