Dumbledores age?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Taig Man
Dumbledore died at age 150. And you could say wizards just live that long but proffessor mcgonagall became hogwarts head master at age 70 after snape but according to JK Rowling she had retired by the time of the prologue which was 19 years later because she was getting up in age. So I think not all wizards can live extraordarily long. And theres all these theories about how he actually had a horcrux. But that just can't be true. Not just for moral reasons. I think he lived that long possibly because of his genes. His brother aberforth was alive as well in the books and he was only a few years younger and theres no way both of them had a horcrux's. That'd be absord. Any other theories?

miss_swann
He definatley didn't have a horcrux because he never killed anyone (except possinly Ariana, but he wasn't sure if he had or not.)

Barker
There could be a lot of reasons for this, we just might not know them. Maybe the fact that he had the Elder Wand lengthened his life. I think something similar happened to Frodo with the Ring in Lord of the Rings, and haters are always harping on how JK borrows from stuff.

Lana
I think it's just simply that wizards have a longer lifespan, and that some people are more genetically disposed to longevity. McGonagall probably chose to retire because she was getting older.

Remember that Hagrid, having gone to school with Riddle, was in his 60s by the time of the books as well.

§P0oONY
Him and Flamel were partners, he may have been using the Elixir Of Life from the Philosopher Stone, and may have had a large enough stock to last him the years in the books.

Lana
Could be, but I doubt it, personally. For starters, that wouldn't explain why Aberforth lived to the same age just fine. Plus there was also Ron's Aunt Muriel and Bathilda Bagshot who were both over 100.

Blue_Hefner
Didn't Dumbledore have a friend from Hogwarts write an article about their friendship in DH?

Strangelove
Dumbledore just had a long life, that's all.

Lana
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Didn't Dumbledore have a friend from Hogwarts write an article about their friendship in DH?

Elphias Doge. So add another to the "over 100 years old" list.

I think it's just simply that wizards tend to have a longer lifespan than Muggles.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.