Vs Forum Character Integration Conference

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
This thread is for the Senior Members and Mods to discuss the integration of other genres into our forum. We'll discuss:

* - Stipulations
* - Restrictions
* - Genres

This is an open forum to discuss and make suggestions. However, keep it respectful and do not simply rant. We want to keep this constructive. The Integration is going forward, but I want your input on how to make this the most palatable change possible.

Oh, and please ignore the inevitable spamming.

Thank you.

Ohreally?

Soljer
I would like to request a restriction on video game characters defined solely by game mechanics.

illadelph12
Please elaborate.

Nope16

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
Decent idea but it opened up like a can of worms.
I'm thinking the all character versus forum like this should be a sub-forum inside the comic book versus forum or something, or the other way around. Or maybe versus forum get a brack on the main menu and the two, ranked in as sub-categories.
The comic book forum is just too important for the long time fans who have shared discussed and debated here. Comics vs debating has a certain precision to it being that it's the same format. Easier to compare and analyse characters.
You want to know who would win between Mr Smithers from Simpsons and Samus from Metroid? Sweet. But don't make me have look through it to find what I'm looking for- comic threads.

To clarify about the precision involved, is a lot of it lies in proof of ability. Not all formats or characters follow the same format. A lot of the debating has to do with credibility, and show and prove style with scans, explanations, etc.

Let's take for example Galactus vs Mario from Smash bros. Let's say Galactus shoots his eye-beams down at Mario. These would level Silver Surfer if they connected, and most other characters. Would Mario simply slap it back with his cape? Since Mario can slap ANY projectile back with his cape? How do you prove it? A youtube video?

And I understand that this can help draw new interest and possibly users from other sections of the site who wouldn't normally come to this section...But the simple truth is, people came to this part of the site to discuss comics, it's been successful because of these comics fans who return day after day, or week to week, depending on the user.

As has already been made clear in this thread, and complaints I see in other threads, is a lack of familiarity with many of the characters, and can cause the main contributors to this section to lose interest. Who will continue to come to the forum that ino longer contains threads that contains two relatable familiar characters?

I believe it's a good idea in theory, and some interesting things might come out of it especially if you're bored with simple comic threads -- I just don't want to have to flip through pages to find the very thing I come to KMC to do, and I feel I'm not alone in this. The only solution I see to those who support both would be the sub-forum idea- which will likely be a popular idea to anyone who reads and considers it. It looks like I've already got a few fans. wink

Nope16

NiņoAraņa
i also agree with the Sub-Forum idea.

illadelph12
So only games with comparable mechanics (Halo, Metal Gear, Etc.).

Can we make a list?

illadelph12

Nope16

Newjak
You know guys I wasn't planning on posting in the VS section for about another couple of weeks but I feel I have to a little bit.

I think people are taking a simple concept and going overboard with it.

1) I want to say the easiest way to implement this is simply make sure it is always a comic book character against a non comic book based character. Make it so any thread that doesn't is closed on sight.

2) For people concerned about not knowing anything about non comic book characters. Aren't there a number of unknown comic characters that people have used in debates. The Authority and Alpha Flight come to mind.
People you're not going to know every character whether it be comic or non comic genre. The only thing you can do and what many people have already done is either don't comment or do some research and learn about the the new characters.

3) For everyone worried about spite threads well there are already spite threads with just comic characters hopefully when Spite is identified the poster and readers realize it and move along.

4) For people worried about Fanboys from other Genres. We already have fanboys from comics. Just do what has always been done ignore them.

5) For those people worried about evidence. That isn't going to change only concrete evidence is going to be taken which in all genres exist. Whether it be footage from the games or other means. Remember a number of characters have multiple references including Game manuals, in game actions, or site references.

So all in all this is a change but one that if handled with maturity and class like a number of people on this site like to claim. The integration should be relatively harmless and give it a couple of weeks most people complaining won't even notice the new threads and characters.

So people stop just trying to shoot the idea down. Give it a chance and actually try to help make this forum better and have fun with the new idea. That is what this forum is about.

In short I'm siding with Ill and pr 100% on this.

Nope16

Nope16

Newjak
Originally posted by Nope16
I reffuse to be how you want know, I will ruin it along with my other sockers.

judge is returning to the days of judge wars. Well if that is what you want to do so be it. Even though I won't like it, I nor anyone else can stop you. smile

Validus
Originally posted by Newjak
You know guys I wasn't planning on posting in the VS section for about another couple of weeks but I feel I have to a little bit.
confused

Rewmac
I think nothing should stay. Why? A reason is what Juntai said. How do you prove an anime,game characters abilities? And the other that it really should stay a comic book character forum. All others should go away from here...

Where do they make video game versus comic threads I don't care. There should be a mixed section of KMC for this. Only in the last 3 days I've seen too much junk appearing and it's going into chaos. Immature people open stupid threads and these ones lack the creditability (the threads mostly, but some of these users too) and the whole versus forum is nearly looking like a circus show only I can't see the light effects. In other words it something that really isn't good for the VS forums.

illadelph12
Thank you Newjak. Someone who finally understands my reasoning.

Newjak
Originally posted by Validus
confused I'm currently taking an extended break from the Comic Sections. Only I felt this was big enough for me to come back for a day to discuss.

Rewmac

I was thinking something like until the VS forum gets back it' creditability.

don't shiv
Heres a restriction or two to sate the appettite

Advertising A restriction to characters used in Brand Building and promotional material in Real Life

Club Mascots... stuff like that.

xmarksthespot
I'm basically in agreement with Newjak. I really don't see what the drama is all about. There are definitely some kinks that may need ironing out, but I don't particularly understand the blanket rejection of the idea by some of the posters.

If people had spent as much time making and/or posting in the comic vs comic threads as they have been complaining about the new rules, then the first page wouldn't be full of all the scary "unfamiliar characters."

Also random non sequitur post above - so not entertaining.

The Pict

1) I want to say the easiest way to implement this is simply make sure it is always a comic book character against a non comic book based character. Make it so any thread that doesn't is closed on sight.

2) For people concerned about not knowing anything about non comic book characters. Aren't there a number of unknown comic characters that people have used in debates. The Authority and Alpha Flight come to mind.
People you're not going to know every character whether it be comic or non comic genre. The only thing you can do and what many people have already done is either don't comment or do some research and learn about the the new characters.

3) For everyone worried about spite threads well there are already spite threads with just comic characters hopefully when Spite is identified the poster and readers realize it and move along.

4) For people worried about Fanboys from other Genres. We already have fanboys from comics. Just do what has always been done ignore them.

5) For those people worried about evidence. That isn't going to change only concrete evidence is going to be taken which in all genres exist. Whether it be footage from the games or other means. Remember a number of characters have multiple references including Game manuals, in game actions, or site references.

So all in all this is a change but one that if handled with maturity and class like a number of people on this site like to claim. The integration should be relatively harmless and give it a couple of weeks most people complaining won't even notice the new threads and characters.

So people stop just trying to shoot the idea down. Give it a chance and actually try to help make this forum better and have fun with the new idea. That is what this forum is about.

In short I'm siding with Ill and pr 100% on this.

I don't think this is about not knowing characters or being "worried about evidence" it's about coming onto the versus forum for comic characters and seeing anime and game characters everywhere.

That's why I'd like to say I also agree with the sub forum idea.

Newjak
Originally posted by Rewmac
I think nothing should stay. Why? A reason is what Juntai said. How do you prove an anime,game characters abilities? And the other that it really should stay a comic book character forum. All others should go away from here...

Where do they make video game versus comic threads I don't care. There should be a mixed section of KMC for this. Only in the last 3 days I've seen too much junk appearing and it's going into chaos. Immature people open stupid threads and these ones lack the creditability (the threads mostly, but some of these users too) and the whole versus forum is nearly looking like a circus show only I can't see the light effects. In other words it something that really isn't good for the VS forums. How do you prove a character's abilities the same way we always did find evidence that supports it confused

Validus
I'm currently taking an extended break from the Comic Sections. Only I felt this was big enough for me to come back for a day to discuss.
Why the break?
Immature people open stupid threads and these ones lack the creditability (the threads mostly, but some of these users too) and the whole versus forum is nearly looking like a circus show only I can't see the light effects.
http://www.jbmobiledj.co.nz/Pictures/lights.jpg

Newjak
Originally posted by The Pict
I don't think this is about not knowing characters or being "worried about evidence" it's about coming onto the versus forum for comic characters and seeing anime and game characters everywhere.

That's why I'd like to say I also agree with the sub forum idea. Those were just some points people brought up.

That is why I suggested we always have A comic book character in all matches.

In reality this should be a fun little extra that allows us to take the characters we love from comics and characters we love from other genres and pit them against each other to just have fun. Which is what this forum is and should always be about.

Nope16

illadelph12
Originally posted by don't shiv
Heres a restriction or two to sate the appettite

Advertising A restriction to characters used in Brand Building and promotional material in Real Life

Club Mascots... stuff like that.

Club mascots? confused

I specifically stated in the amendment that only characters of comparable genre and ability to a comic book counterpart could be used in the threads (to alleviate the inevitable Pikachu Vs Batman threads).

Have you guys actually read what changes I've made or are you simply assuming I've made it open season?

Newjak
Why the break?

http://www.jbmobiledj.co.nz/Pictures/lights.jpg Like I told Ill when we were PMing during the tourney. I've kind gotten bored with the Comic Section so I was taking a break and do some other things for awhile stick out tongue

xmarksthespot
How do you prove a character's abilities the same way we always did find evidence that supports it confused Movie and animated series comic vs have always been allowed, and its never been a problem then as far as I recall. People have always been expected to back up their claims.

Soljer
Originally posted by illadelph12
Please elaborate.

As for elaboration - it's like Juntai said. Mario from Smash Brothers can deflect ANY projectile with his cape - including galactus' eye beams?

The same Mario can ONLY be defeated by BFR. Otherwise, he stays right where he is.

The same Mario takes dozens of slashes from link's sword, and punches from a gorilla a hundred times his size with NO ill effect. Is that accurate?

Or, how about a shooting game - should the main character really be able to take fifteen bullets, just because that's how many times you need to be shot to die?

Or counterstrike, where you can knife a room full of armed guys if you're good enough.

Or Final Fantasy, where you can get shot THOUSANDS of times and not even be effected in the least.

'Feats' based off of game mechanics aren't feats. erm.

Anyways - the versus subsection is a good idea, in my opinion, but KMC kinda dislikes the Versus forum(s) in general. I dunno if it'd go over.

If it's a possibility, though, it gets my vote!

Nope16

The Pict
Those were just some points people brought up.

That is why I suggested we always have A comic book character in all matches.

In reality this should be a fun little extra that allows us to take the characters we love from comics and characters we love from other genres and pit them against each other to just have fun. Which is what this forum is and should always be about.

A fun little extra? erm

Have you seen the versus forum the past few days?

Validus
Originally posted by Soljer
As for elaboration - it's like Juntai said. Mario from Smash Brothers can deflect ANY projectile with his cape - including galactus' eye beams?

The same Mario can ONLY be defeated by BFR. Otherwise, he stays right where he is.

The same Mario takes dozens of slashes from link's sword, and punches from a gorilla a hundred times his size with NO ill effect. Is that accurate?

Or, how about a shooting game - should the main character really be able to take fifteen bullets, just because that's how many times you need to be shot to die?

Or counterstrike, where you can knife a room full of armed guys if you're good enough.

Or Final Fantasy, where you can get shot THOUSANDS of times and not even be effected in the least.

Not to mention how inconsistent it is when you bring in cut scenes where the character is always 20x more uber. Just look at Metal Gear Solid.

Newjak
A fun little extra? erm

Have you seen the versus forum the past few days? Yes I have even though I haven't been posting or coming everyday I still take like 30 minutes to come on and see whats happening.

And all I see is the samet hing that I've always seen. Immature posters are going to do immature things.

The thing that has surprised me about this is just how much some people are so willing to drive this idea into the ground without even giving it a proper chance. erm

Rewmac
Not to mention how inconsistent it is when you bring in cut scenes where the character is always 20x more uber. Just look at Metal Gear Solid. Sooooo true...

But if we go by what these characters do in their own games, we can also say they die in 2 second from sword lashes...

Newjak

Anyways - the versus subsection is a good idea, in my opinion, but KMC kinda dislikes the Versus forum(s) in general. I dunno if it'd go over.

If it's a possibility, though, it gets my vote! And I'll use a comic book example. Just because a comic book character has never been beaten or hurt means that we assume nothing can hurt them. Just look at Juggernaut he has taken attacks that have driven Galactus off does that mean we assume Cain can beat Galactus.

Or Captain America's Shield pretty much deflects everything yet we don't assume he can take blasts from Galactus.

Just like has always been done their abilities are going to be judged on how much evidence you can present for them to do so.

The Pict
Yes I have even though I haven't been posting or coming everyday I still take like 30 minutes to come on and see whats happening.

And all I see is the samet hing that I've always seen. Immature posters are going to do immature things.

The thing that has surprised me about this is just how much some people are so willing to drive this idea into the ground without even giving it a proper chance. erm

Maybe because we didn't want it in the first place? I didn't see anyone asking for an integration of the versus forums.

Soljer
Not to mention how inconsistent it is when you bring in cut scenes where the character is always 20x more uber. Just look at Metal Gear Solid.

Indeed. Then you get even larger conflicts.

Look at the video game forum arguing about Halo - Can Master Chief do all the stuff he could do in the novels? Could he see bullets in slow motion, and run at fifty miles an hour? If so, why didn't he in game?

Which do we take as 'canon?'

Newjak
Not to mention how inconsistent it is when you bring in cut scenes where the character is always 20x more uber. Just look at Metal Gear Solid. And comic book characters aren't inconsistent confused

Soljer
And I'll use a comic book example. Just because a comic book character has never been beaten or hurt means that we assume nothing can hurt them. Just look at Juggernaut he has taken attacks that have driven Galactus off does that mean we assume Cain can beat Galactus.

Or Captain America's Shield pretty much deflects everything yet we don't assume he can take blasts from Galactus.

Just like has always been done their abilities are going to be judged on how much evidence you can present for them to do so.

Non sequitur. Comic book characters have clearly defined limits. Bugs Bunny and SSB Mario do NOT.

And then characters like Master Chief have CONFLICTING limits.

Newjak
Maybe because we didn't want it in the first place? I didn't see anyone asking for an integration of the versus forums. So that means just because you never asked for it doesn't mean you can not give it a try erm

don't shiv

Have you guys actually read what changes I've made or are you simply assuming I've made it open season?

I read the protocols

Rewmac
Yes I have even though I haven't been posting or coming everyday I still take like 30 minutes to come on and see whats happening.

The thing that has surprised me about this is just how much some people are so willing to drive this idea into the ground without even giving it a proper chance. erm Yes. And the old rules kinda blocked too much immature infantile people posting because of the true debators who has the knowledge and intelligence they locked out the immature ones from the threads simply by the way they were posting, not by bashing them not by screaming about the rules. These people couldn't get in a debate because they lacked the style and knowledge but now?? nothing gets in their way.

Reaper777
We should keep the comic-book forums to the comic-book characters....

The Sub-Forum idea sounds good to me.

Validus
And comic book characters aren't inconsistent confused
We know their limits and what they can and can't do. It's not even close to being the same.

I really don't see why some are confused by our stance on this and insist on implying we're being immature.

xmarksthespot
There's definitely a need to keep any vs created to analogous characters in terms of their relative power levels and in terms of the most basic mechanics of their worlds - Bugs Bunny and Mario would fall far outside of this. But then Ill already has that in his rules...

Soljer
I don't think he's confused persay, just arguing for the sake of arguing.

As I've said before, this can be a good thing, but it could also be a very bad one....the sub-forum seems like the best way to preserve the 'sanctity' of comic-only debating, while opening up an 'anything goes' type of forum for a bit more variety.

Harry Fingerman
Non sequitur. Comic book characters have clearly defined limits. Bugs Bunny and SSB Mario do NOT.

And then characters like Master Chief have CONFLICTING limits. I like how Master Chief can flip a 70 or so ton tank over like nothing, and then another time, barely drag a bomb a couple feet.

Skeets
We know their limits and what they can and can't do. It's not even close to being the same.

I really don't see why some are confused by our stance on this and insist on implying we're being immature.
Grow up,K?

Newjak
Indeed. Then you get even larger conflicts.

Look at the video game forum arguing about Halo - Can Master Chief do all the stuff he could do in the novels? Could he see bullets in slow motion, and run at fifty miles an hour? If so, why didn't he in game?

Which do we take as 'canon?' The same way we use feats from Movie versions or Comic versions. erm

And then characters like Master Chief have CONFLICTING limits. And people likie Sentry have clearly defined limits.

Superman who in one comic can take 50 Supernovas and fight on a planet of K-Nite can in another be put down by a small shard of it.

Your trying to tell me comic characters like Spectre, Mxy, Living Tribunal, Roma all have clearly defined limits

Nope16

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
There's definitely a need to keep any vs created to analogous characters in terms of their relative power levels and in terms of the most basic mechanics of their worlds - Bugs Bunny and Mario would fall far outside of this. But then Ill already has that in his rules...

Relative power levels, certainly. But mechanics of the world? It's like the Voldemort vs. Superman thread. Let's say Voldemort throws up a shield during his 20 minutes prep.

In harry's world, NOTHING can get through it, because the only things that can TRY are spells and every day humans.

But if Superman tries to force his way through at lightspeed? Starts battering it with earth-moving-punches? How do we deal with that? We've never seen ANY magic in Harry's world subjected to such an onslaught. We've seen magic in the comics break down after being beaten on - but it's a different world, different rules.

erm.

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Skeets
Grow up,K? I second this motion.

Newjak
Yes. And the old rules kinda blocked too much immature infantile people posting because of the true debators who has the knowledge and intelligence they locked out the immature ones from the threads simply by the way they were posting, not by bashing them not by screaming about the rules. These people couldn't get in a debate because they lacked the style and knowledge but now?? nothing gets in their way. Really so I only imagined xmeat, wolverine8888, and all those other people. You can not block immaturity and we've never been able to.

To try and claim so is wrong.

Newjak
Relative power levels, certainly. But mechanics of the world? It's like the Voldemort vs. Superman thread. Let's say Voldemort throws up a shield during his 20 minutes prep.

In harry's world, NOTHING can get through it, because the only things that can TRY are spells and every day humans.

But if Superman tries to force his way through at lightspeed? Starts battering it with earth-moving-punches? How do we deal with that? We've never seen ANY magic in Harry's world subjected to such an onslaught. We've seen magic in the comics break down after being beaten on - but it's a different world, different rules.

erm. The same way you determine how what any shield can take. By taking its best feat. erm

xmarksthespot

erm. Then that would be a not very good thread...

That doesn't mean it's impossible to have analogous basic mechanics in a non-comic vs comic thread.

Harry Fingerman

erm. Yabuh, that also works towards the Spawnaverse.

Like how people claim someone's indestructible, and then have them beating Spectre.

Rewmac

I really don't see why some are confused by our stance on this and insist on implying we're being immature. It's because even if the rules are changed it's still open season in my opinion. Nevermind our stance even if there is some kind of civil war, I think it's understandable what we stand for.

Rewmac
Really so I only imagined xmeat, wolverine8888, and all those other people. You can not block immaturity and we've never been able to.

To try and claim so is wrong. I didn't say it blocked every single fanboy out. But now we are not only dealing with fanboys there are other kinds of people now.

Creshosk
For all those whining like spoiled little kids about "oh noes! this is comics and they're not comics"

What if I was able to find and show comics of different characters? Would you accept it then because hey, they're comics book characters too.

Valiant published some nitendo comics:
Zelda
Mario

For example... guess they're comic book characters too.

Any anime character has Japanese comic books of them too.

Newjak
It's because even if the rules are changed it's still open season in my opinion. Nevermind our stance even if there is some kind of civil war, I think it's understandable what we stand for. It is perfectly understandable what you stand for but that doesn't mean you actually have to devote your time to trying to derail it because you don't like it.

Just like if you don't like debating about certain characters or power levels you don't. If you don't like it then keep away from it but don't try and run it into the ground before it ever gets started.

Newjak
I didn't say it blocked every single fanboy out. But now we are not only dealing with fanboys there are other kinds of people now. So dealing with a fanboy about Wolverine is different from dealing with one about Link.

Like all mature debaters for any character they will bring proof about there and characters not just ramblings and as always you can deal with those people.

xmarksthespot
But now we are not only dealing with fanboys there are other kinds of people now. I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. blink

Nope16

Validus
The same way we use feats from Movie versions or Comic versions. erm
Where we specify Movie Superman or JLU Superman and whatnot in the thread title.

And people likie Sentry have clearly defined limits.
"Let's wait until Sentry gets more feats to say whether he beats Character X"

I'm sure we've all heard that one before. I mean, theres a reason nobody takes Squirrel Girl threads seriously.

Superman who in one comic can take 50 Supernovas and fight on a planet of K-Nite can in another be put down by a small shard of it.
So we're going to have a No PIS/CIS rules for videogame characters?

Galan007
I was all for this idea, until I saw a Harry Potter villian vs. a comic character thread. thumb down

I like Harry Potter and all,

But if we can't debate a character for more then a page or so, before we've ran out of "evidence" in which to defend said character(s).... What's the point of making a thread with them in it?

IMO,

If a character has no substance behind them to debate.... They should not be allowed. .

Nope16

Soljer
Really so I only imagined xmeat, wolverine8888, and all those other people. You can not block immaturity and we've never been able to.

To try and claim so is wrong.

What you are failing to realize, or perhaps just straight up IGNORING, is that with comics only, you had a few marvel fanboys, a few DC fanboys, and maybe even an indie fanboy.

You had wolverine fanboys that knew DICK about DC assuming he could take on Superman. And why not? If you didn't know too much about Superman, I mean, Wolverine can cut the Hulk, take punches from the Hulk, and has tangled with speedsters. How is superman any different?

However, now, you get an influx of people that know very little about comics, but are ADAMANTLY stubborn about knowing ALL THERE IS TO KNOW about *insert anime/game here*.

These types of people exist in larger numbers and are even louder than the DC/Marvel fanboys. Go take a gander at the Video game or the Anime versus threads that are on KMC. Look at the spelling, grammar, and quality of debate.

If it doesn't make you want to tear your eyes out....confused.

And yes, you can claim "But we have fanboys already! Just ignore them like you always have!"

But it's the quantity. The sheer overwhelming quantity. Here in the comics forum we regularly provide evidence, scans, comparisons, logic. We have posts from Spetz or mungi or Jinzin that are so well supported and backed up that you'd think they were trying to get a man off for murder. You half way expect lawyers to be stealing lines out of a Comic versus forum for their closing arguments.

Then stroll over to the anime versus threads where it's "NAH-UH, UR TEH DUM, eh iz liek so muckh mure pwoerfulsz!"

Which is cleverly rebutted by "SHADDAP, I HAD SEX WIT UR MUTHER, N SHE SED GOKU WINZ 2!!!1"

And the saddest part is....

I shit you not. no expression.

Harry Fingerman
If we're not allowed Pokemon, I don't see why we need Harry Potter...

Soljer
Then that would be a not very good thread...

That doesn't mean it's impossible to have analogous basic mechanics in a non-comic vs comic thread.

Indeed - and I've been trying to make the best of this. I've been both a defender and opponent of the new rules. I'm trying to get this to work, because, in theory, it isn't a bad idea. I just fear the execution.

Validus
Originally posted by Creshosk
For all those whining like spoiled little kids about "oh noes! this is comics and they're not comics"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/Picard_disapproves.jpg

pr1983
Guys, guys, guys...

If matches are unfair or spite, or just shouldnt be there for any reason, they will be closed...

fanboys of any kind will be dealt with, sometimes harshly if the situation calls for it...

we're trying to bring in the extra goodness without the extra crap...

Surely some of you have suggestions to help make this transition easier?

Newjak
Where we specify Movie Superman or JLU Superman and whatnot in the thread title.

"Let's wait until Sentry gets more feats to say whether he beats Character X"

I'm sure we've all heard that one before. I mean, theres a reason nobody takes Squirrel Girl threads seriously.

So we're going to have a No PIS/CIS rules for videogame characters? Yeah like we've always done it.

Yet I've seen Sentry vs Galactus threads were there are plenty of people who take the he has "unlimited power" arguement. That fence swings both ways.

Why wouldn't there be PIS/CIS for Video Game characters. The only thing hard about it is determining what is PIS and CIS but we have had to do it over the years for many comic characters. In fact a number of PIS/CIS is still debated from 2 years ago

Rewmac
It is perfectly understandable what you stand for but that doesn't mean you actually have to devote your time to trying to derail it because you don't like it.

Just like if you don't like debating about certain characters or power levels you don't. If you don't like it then keep away from it but don't try and run it into the ground before it ever gets started. That's also true. But the first 10 threads I see are idiotic immature threads not good comic threads. Even in comic threads you debate with a other people other than fanboys. But in a thread which has no sense from the beginning (video games vs. comics for example) you only see nonsense on a level. I used to see good comic threads and that's why I started to like KMC, because in every normal thread I found a buddy of some sort of and it was fun. But now I can't even enter some threads coz I can only ask myself the question "WTF"

Nope16

Soljer
Originally posted by pr1983
Guys, guys, guys...

If matches are unfair or spite, or just shouldnt be there for any reason, they will be closed...

fanboys of any kind will be dealt with, sometimes harshly if the situation calls for it...

Indeed - a restriction on video game characters who are defined solely by game mechanics.

I don't think that's too bad of an idea.

Also a restriction on totally unrealistic characters (Buggs friggin Bunny? erm.)

Nope16

Newjak
What you are failing to realize, or perhaps just straight up IGNORING, is that with comics only, you had a few marvel fanboys, a few DC fanboys, and maybe even an indie fanboy.

You had wolverine fanboys that knew DICK about DC assuming he could take on Superman. And why not? If you didn't know too much about Superman, I mean, Wolverine can cut the Hulk, take punches from the Hulk, and has tangled with speedsters. How is superman any different?

However, now, you get an influx of people that know very little about comics, but are ADAMANTLY stubborn about knowing ALL THERE IS TO KNOW about *insert anime/game here*.

These types of people exist in larger numbers and are even louder than the DC/Marvel fanboys. Go take a gander at the Video game or the Anime versus threads that are on KMC. Look at the spelling, grammar, and quality of debate.

If it doesn't make you want to tear your eyes out....confused.

And yes, you can claim "But we have fanboys already! Just ignore them like you always have!"

But it's the quantity. The sheer overwhelming quantity. Here in the comics forum we regularly provide evidence, scans, comparisons, logic. We have posts from Spetz or mungi or Jinzin that are so well supported and backed up that you'd think they were trying to get a man off for murder. You half way expect lawyers to be stealing lines out of a Comic versus forum for their closing arguments.

Then stroll over to the anime versus threads where it's "NAH-UH, UR TEH DUM, eh iz liek so muckh mure pwoerfulsz!"

Which is cleverly rebutted by "SHADDAP, I HAD SEX WIT UR MUTHER, N SHE SED GOKU WINZ 2!!!1"

And the saddest part is....

I shit you not. no expression. I have seen those forums.

And just like anything idiots will be dealt with but not everyone is an idiot and along with the typical immature posters we normally get you'll also get very knowledgeable posters about things and can post good debates as well.

Seriously all I hear you say is they are just going to be retards coming in. If so they will be dealt with just like every other one that has come before them.

Newjak
That's also true. But the first 10 threads I see are idiotic immature threads not good comic threads. Even in comic threads you debate with a other people other than fanboys. But in a thread which has no sense from the beginning (video games vs. comics for example) you only see nonsense on a level. I used to see good comic threads and that's why I started to like KMC, because in every normal thread I found a buddy of some sort of and it was fun. But now I can't even enter some threads coz I can only ask myself the question "WTF" You know the counter to this make threads that you would like to post in.

pr1983
Indeed - a restriction on video game characters who are defined solely by game mechanics.

Also a restriction on totally unrealistic characters (Buggs friggin Bunny? erm.)

bugs bunny isnt allowed, and any game characters involved have to be used properly... an all-deflecting mario, or a superhumanly durable solid snake won't be allowed...

Soljer
I have seen those forums.

And just like anything idiots will be dealt with but not everyone is an idiot and along with the typical immature posters we normally get you'll also get very knowledgeable posters about things and can post good debates as well.

Seriously all I hear you say is they are just going to be retards coming in. If so they will be dealt with just like every other one that has come before them.

Indeed, and I agree that if the Mods keep the forums locked down tight, this might be workable. I'm not sure which thread it was in, but I said something along the lines of; "Instead of bitching, we should take advantage of these new rules. Make new, interesting, fair, and balanced threads. Set a good example, and make good use of the pros of the change, and let the mods worry about the cons."

Like I mentioned, I've both argued for this change and against it. However, to say that there aren't a hefty amount of problems and kinks to be worked out is just plain ignorant.

Validus
Yeah like we've always done it.
We have.

Yet I've seen Sentry vs Galactus threads were there are plenty of people who take the he has "unlimited power" arguement. That fence swings both ways.
Plenty? Most Sentry threads never get past page 1 unless it's Vs Superman or another character with plenty of fanboys to keep the chatter going.

Why wouldn't there be PIS/CIS for Video Game characters. The only thing hard about it is determining what is PIS and CIS but we have had to do it over the years for many comic characters. In fact a number of PIS/CIS is still debated from 2 years ago
PIS and CIS are defined by comic book rules and standards. That's why Spider-Man Vs Firelord is the universal example of it. There's no way you can make that work with video game characters. Partly because they have so few appearances to work with and because the rules are just plain damn different.

Newjak

Also a restriction on totally unrealistic characters (Buggs friggin Bunny? erm.) Seriously Mechanincs have nothing to do with it. It's common sense to know that somethings are different once you remove the video game element just like somethings change when you remove the comic book element.

And seriously is Bugs Bunny anymore unrealistic then Wolverine

Avalonofthewind
quote: (post)
Decent idea but it opened up like a can of worms.
I'm thinking the all character versus forum like this should be a sub-forum inside the comic book versus forum or something, or the other way around. Or maybe versus forum get a brack on the main menu and the two, ranked in as sub-categories.
The comic book forum is just too important for the long time fans who have shared discussed and debated here. Comics vs debating has a certain precision to it being that it's the same format. Easier to compare and analyse characters.
You want to know who would win between Mr Smithers from Simpsons and Samus from Metroid? Sweet. But don't make me have look through it to find what I'm looking for- comic threads.

quote: (post)
To clarify about the precision involved, is a lot of it lies in proof of ability. Not all formats or characters follow the same format. A lot of the debating has to do with credibility, and show and prove style with scans, explanations, etc.

Let's take for example Galactus vs Mario from Smash bros. Let's say Galactus shoots his eye-beams down at Mario. These would level Silver Surfer if they connected, and most other characters. Would Mario simply slap it back with his cape? Since Mario can slap ANY projectile back with his cape? How do you prove it? A youtube video?

And I understand that this can help draw new interest and possibly users from other sections of the site who wouldn't normally come to this section...But the simple truth is, people came to this part of the site to discuss comics, it's been successful because of these comics fans who return day after day, or week to week, depending on the user.

As has already been made clear in this thread, and complaints I see in other threads, is a lack of familiarity with many of the characters, and can cause the main contributors to this section to lose interest. Who will continue to come to the forum that ino longer contains threads that contains two relatable familiar characters?

I believe it's a good idea in theory, and some interesting things might come out of it especially if you're bored with simple comic threads -- I just don't want to have to flip through pages to find the very thing I come to KMC to do, and I feel I'm not alone in this. The only solution I see to those who support both would be the sub-forum idea- which will likely be a popular idea to anyone who reads and considers it. It looks like I've already got a few fans.

As in an old thread I created, I'm cool with a free for all vs. However, I agree with Jun and Vally that it should be in a sub-forum. It just comes off as much tidier when wanting to debate pure comics.

When bored...it's as easy as a click to jump into a much more chaotic (but sometimes fun) sub-forum. The biggest challenge of course, is debating the mechanics behind everything which of course will take time. Youtube gameplay videos should definitely not be used as evidence though.

Newjak
Indeed, and I agree that if the Mods keep the forums locked down tight, this might be workable. I'm not sure which thread it was in, but I said something along the lines of; "Instead of bitching, we should take advantage of these new rules. Make new, interesting, fair, and balanced threads. Set a good example, and make good use of the pros of the change, and let the mods worry about the cons."

Like I mentioned, I've both argued for this change and against it. However, to say that there aren't a hefty amount of problems and kinks to be worked out is just plain ignorant. I understand what you are saying

But most of these kinks I've heard are things we already deal with on a typical basis.

Nope16

Creshosk
Seriously Mechanincs have nothing to do with it. It's common sense to know that somethings are different once you remove the video game element just like somethings change when you remove the comic book element.

And seriously is Bugs Bunny anymore unrealistic then Wolverine No kidding, he's not immune to knock out or anything. Or BFR.

The Pict
Guys, guys, guys...

Bring in the extra goodness?? Really I'm at a loss at what you guys were trying to achieve by changing the rules.
Especially with game characters. I'm an avid gamer but I don't like this merger. In most cases the characters in games are defined by the gamers skill, or in some cases like with an RPG, the amount of time a person took playing a game. Therefora a game character's skill, power levels etc can't be taken seriously.

Rewmac
You know the counter to this make threads that you would like to post in. Mostly what would happen? Closed due to duplicate because instead of posting in it some smartass comes in with a line

"I already made a hread with these characters"

Or why should I force my versus battles?

Nope16

Validus
bugs bunny isnt allowed, and any game characters involved have to be used properly... an all-deflecting mario, or a superhumanly durable solid snake won't be allowed...
But thats almost like saying that Superman with heat vision isn't allowed. The damn cape is just part of Mario.

I really think all problems would be solved with the sub forum idea but thats just me (and others).

Soljer
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
As in an old thread I created, I'm cool with a free for all vs. However, I agree with Jun and Vally that it should be in a sub-forum. It just comes off as much tidier when wanting to debate pure comics.

When bored...it's as easy as a click to jump into a much more chaotic (but sometimes fun) sub-forum. The biggest challenge of course, is debating the mechanics behind everything which of course will take time. Youtube gameplay videos should definitely not be used as evidence though.

Aye. A sub forum is still the best bet. Most members here are here to debate about comics, they don't want to just debate - but specifically about COMICS.

When the first two pages of the COMIC versus forum are polluted with DBZ vs. Superman threads, it's hard to find a thread....about...comics.

erm.

I've still heard NO problem with the sub forum - I don't think I've heard a single person argue AGAINST it, and I think it should definitely be considered. It'd satisfy EVERYONE - the purists that want just comics, and those that want some variety, and want to be able to bring pokemon, DBZ, ninja turtles, the JLA, the Avengers, and Jackie Chan together in one thread.

illadelph12
For videogame characters we wouldn't use the in game "playable" versions of the character, it would be the storyline version of the character and their abilities.

NiņoAraņa
well i have read both sides, and i sort of understand where they both come from...i'm against this "integration" but i will give it a shot for now. i say that if this goes to utter hell, there shouldn't be a complete ban on characters, just a sub-forum where this type of "madness" can go one unhitched.

pr1983
Bring in the extra goodness?? Really I'm at a loss at what you guys were trying to achieve by changing the rules.
Especially with game characters. I'm an avid gamer but I don't like this merger. In most cases the characters in games are defined by the gamers skill, or in some cases like with an RPG, the amount of time a person took playing a game. Therefora a game character's skill, power levels etc can't be taken seriously.

gamers skill won't be used in debates... only events within the confines of the stories (and even then, it has to be somewhat plausible) can be allowed...

see, what ill said:

For videogame characters we wouldn't use the in game "playable" versions of the character, it would be the storyline version of the character and their abilities.

Newjak
We have.

Plenty? Most Sentry threads never get past page 1 unless it's Vs Superman or another character with plenty of fanboys to keep the chatter going.

PIS and CIS are defined by comic book rules and standards. That's why Spider-Man Vs Firelord is the universal example of it. There's no way you can make that work with video game characters. Partly because they have so few appearances to work with and because the rules are just plain damn different. Have you ever used a Movie Spiderman Feat for Comic Spiderman wink

The point is what are Sentry's clearly defined levels. Comics have described him without limits, Beating Galactus, Million Exploding Suns. Most often we just use Common Sense to determine he isn't stronger than Superman. We have to do the same thing with characters from other genres.

You do know not every comic book character has a ton of appearances. There are in fact a number of characters that have less than ten appearances or less than 40 yet we still apply PIS/CIS to them based o nthe feats they have done. Why does that change for anything else.

Nope16

Soljer
I understand what you are saying

But most of these kinks I've heard are things we already deal with on a typical basis.

Yeah...it's what we already deal with.

Times ten.

Raised to the fifth power.

pr1983
But thats almost like saying that Superman with heat vision isn't allowed. The damn cape is just part of Mario.

I really think all problems would be solved with the sub forum idea but thats just me (and others).

mario isnt allowed. at all.

Newjak
Mostly what would happen? Closed due to duplicate because instead of posting in it some smartass comes in with a line

"I already made a hread with these characters"

Or why should I force my versus battles? Then post in that thread if the you like the characters.

Seriously guys most of this is just common sense stuff we deal with every day.

Like how we know Cap is taking a blast fro mGalctus behind his shield.

Or Hulk isn't beating Odin.

The Pict

I've still heard NO problem with the sub forum - I don't think I've heard a single person argue AGAINST it, and I think it should definitely be considered. It'd satisfy EVERYONE - the purists that want just comics, and those that want some variety, and want to be able to bring pokemon, DBZ, ninja turtles, the JLA, the Avengers, and Jackie Chan together in one thread.

It would be The Ultimate Showdown (of Ultimate Destiny) touched

Totally in agreement with the sub forum idea.

Soljer
Is there ANYONE against a subforum, if the mods could bring up the idea to the administration and get it okay'd? I mean, ANYONE?!

It would solve every single complaint in one fell swoop.

Harry Fingerman
Are movie characters allowed?

pr1983
Bottom of the page...

mario isnt allowed. at all.

Newjak
Yeah...it's what we already deal with.

Times ten.

Raised to the fifth power. really what changes.

Fanboys

Spite threads

Working out how two characters from different universes can fight

Worrying about an influx of threads you don't care about

We already deal with these things.

All you have to do is be Civil and use Common Sense.

Validus
Have you ever used a Movie Spiderman Feat for Comic Spiderman wink
No I haven't. I really think we're on different pages for some reason here. confused

The point is what are Sentry's clearly defined levels. Comics have described him without limits, Beating Galactus, Million Exploding Suns. Most often we just use Common Sense to determine he isn't stronger than Superman. We have to do the same thing with characters from other genres.
You're being purposely dense here. Point is we have a whole set a rules to use when debating comic book characters. We have none for these video game characters. If this rule was going to be put in place, that probably should have been done before.

You do know not every comic book character has a ton of appearances. There are in fact a number of characters that have less than ten appearances or less than 40 yet we still apply PIS/CIS to them based o nthe feats they have done. Why does that change for anything else.
40 appearances is a hell of a lot more than a trilogy of video games and what not.

The Pict
Is there ANYONE against a subforum, if the mods could bring up the idea to the administration and get it okay'd? I mean, ANYONE?!

It would solve every single complaint in one fell swoop.

I haven't seen a single person against the idea of a subforum, except for.....well the socks don't count, so no one.

Soljer
really what changes.

Fanboys

Spite threads

Working out how two characters from different universes can fight

Worrying about an influx of threads you don't care about

We already deal with these things.

All you have to do is be Civil and use Common Sense.

For one, (one of the hardest parts) working out how two different universes coincide.

Marvel and DC are a LOT more analogous than any anime/video game and one of the aforementioned comic universes.

Besides that little part, I already agreed that it's what we already deal with - it's not NEW stuff, it's the VOLUME.

It's what we already deal with, times ten, to the fifth power.

The Problem
I sure miss Digi.....

I remember when some of the more seasoned posters would poke fun at boards such as CBR for the lack of control and the amount of chaos they allowed. Now look at us. Are boards are filled with chaos and stupidity. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Rewmac
Then post in that thread if the you like the characters.

Seriously guys most of this is just common sense stuff we deal with every day.

Like how we know Cap is taking a blast fro mGalctus behind his shield.

Or Hulk isn't beating Odin. Why do we have to deal with anyway? We didn't have to deal with that much of it...
So you said yourself you didn't want to post for a couple of weeks and now you seems like you even like what's happening...

Comics should be comics. Not a cocktail mix-up...

Newjak
No I haven't. I really think we're on different pages for some reason here. confused

You're being purposely dense here. Point is we have a whole set a rules to use when debating comic book characters. We have none for these video game characters. If this rule was going to be put in place, that probably should have been done before.

40 appearances is a hell of a lot more than a trilogy of video games and what not. I think we are two. I was just point out to the guy when he asked which version of someone like Master chief would we use. The Novel or Video Game one.

And tell me why those rules would in fact not work for other characters from different Genres. If actually look at our rules you find they aren't very different from other VS Forums.

I said less than. And what about Mario who has basically 100 of hours worth of gaming under his belt. Seriously though determining PIS/CIS for video Game character would be the same as determining it for someone with ten appearances.

The Problem

Creshosk
Why do we have to deal with anyway? We didn't have to deal with that much of it...Yeah we did. You might not have noticed but it was still there.

So you said yourself you didn't want to post for a couple of weeks and now you seems like you even like what's happening...

Comics should be comics. Not a cocktail mix-up...

Tell me What's this:
http://www.thecomicshop.com.au/covers/comics/a/adv-supermario-09-ninetendo-nm.jpg

looks like a comic to me.

The Pict
gamers skill won't be used in debates... only events within the confines of the stories (and even then, it has to be somewhat plausible) can be allowed...

see, what ill said:

But the point I was trying to make is that the same characters are played so differently, and they vary so much. Story lines in games really only move events along, they don't really show how powerful, capable, skilled etc a game character is.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by The Problem
I sure miss Digi.....

I remember when some of the more seasoned posters would poke fun at boards such as CBR for the lack of control and the amount of chaos they allowed. Now look at us. Are boards are filled with chaos and stupidity. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives... cue violin music.

Seriously... drama much?

Newjak
For one, (one of the hardest parts) working out how two different universes coincide.

Marvel and DC are a LOT more analogous than any anime/video game and one of the aforementioned comic universes.

Besides that little part, I already agreed that it's what we already deal with - it's not NEW stuff, it's the VOLUME.

It's what we already deal with, times ten, to the fifth power. And Image and DC are. How about Dark Horse and Marvel.

Seriously determining power levels has very little to do with what universe they are in.

And when I first got here we dealt with Volumes of it before. With time all things settle down.

Validus
And tell me why those rules would in fact not work for other characters from different Genres. If actually look at our rules you find they aren't very different from other VS Forums.
The main rule on this forum, aside from conduct, is the PIS/CIS rule and I've never seen that applied to anything other than comics.

I said less than. And what about Mario who has basically 100 of hours worth of gaming under his belt.
Hundreds of hours? My friend, I think you just suck at Mario. laughing out loud

Creshosk
But the point I was trying to make is that the same characters are played so differently, and they vary so much. Story lines in games really only move events along, they don't really show how powerful, capable, skilled etc a game character is. Um you could say the same for the other comics... Storylines only move the plot along.

xmarksthespot
40 appearances is a hell of a lot more than a trilogy of video games and what not. Meh golem makes threads about these characters and the like every day....

Arkon- http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/arkon.htm

Aquarian- http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi.../a/aquarian.htm

Unicorn- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicorn_%28comics%29

Reptyl Prime- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/reptylsaurian.htm

Helix- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/helix.htm

Klaatu- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/klaatuhu.htm

Kray-Tor- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/kraytr.htm

Godstalker- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/godalk.htm

Archenemy- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/archenemymagik.htm

Newjak
Why do we have to deal with anyway? We didn't have to deal with that much of it...

Comics should be comics. Not a cocktail mix-up... You don't HAVE to deal with it. Just don't post them if you don't want to.

And you know what I may like it I may not when I get back but there is a difference between giving it a try and testing it out and just being down right stubborn.

Rewmac
Yeah we did. You might not have noticed but it was still there.

Tell me What's this:
http://www.thecomicshop.com.au/covers/comics/a/adv-supermario-09-ninetendo-nm.jpg

looks like a comic to me. Ooohh good well...Publisher? Writer?

Creshosk
The main rule on this forum, aside from conduct, is the PIS/CIS rule and I've never seen that applied to anything other than comics. Have you looked? Have you tried this new system?

I've never seen China. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Rewmac
You don't HAVE to deal with it. Just don't post them if you don't want to.

And you know what I may like it I may not when I get back but there is a difference between giving it a try and testing it out and just being down right stubborn. Look at the versus forum now...Lot of things are there which has nothing to do with comics.

Harry Fingerman
Ah sweet!

Does this mean that a mod can open up my Goku vs the Care Bears thread again?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=442818

Validus
Meh golem makes threads about these characters and the like every day....
Pretty good point actually. Instead of doing this to revive the VS forum, we can all just reply to random golem threads.

Newjak
The main rule on this forum, aside from conduct, is the PIS/CIS rule and I've never seen that applied to anything other than comics.

Hundreds of hours? My friend, I think you just suck at Mario. laughing out loud But why couldn't we apply that rule to other Genres. Appearances has never had anything to do with it.

I just figured from playing Mario when I was 4 all the way up through High School I've played it for over a 100 hours stick out tongue

Creshosk
Ooohh good well...Publisher? Writer? Valiant comics

Validus
Have you looked? Have you tried this new system?
In the past, when I was more of an anime fiend and cared about it.

I've never seen China. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
But others have seen China.

Apolloknight
I agree with those saying give it a shot. You cant knock something you haven't tried. I for one, enjoy the new mix of things going on.

If people are afraid of fanboys, well, there will always be fanboys, its an inescapable truth. All that requires is the mods crack down a little harder.

Also, I think there should be something stating what character, games, genre are officially allowed.

The Problem

Newjak
Look at the versus forum now...Lot of things are there which has nothing to do with comics. Ok that is something I do agree on. I think if you're going to do this it should always be Comic vs Non Comic or Comic vs Comic

Never non Comic vs Non Comic

Plus if you don't like the threads now then post new threads or bump the ones were talking in.

Creshosk
In the past, when I was more of an anime fiend and cared about it. In the past? How have you tried the new system when you're talking about something making it seem like it was long ago and the new system was just instated recently?

But others have seen China. Can you verify another's knowledge?

I've tried the new system, it can work.

Validus
In the past? How have you tried the new system when you're talking about something making it seem like it was long ago and the new system was just instated recently?
It's only new to KMC. CBR uses this new system and that place is a hell hole in part because of it.

Can you verify another's knowledge?
Yes?

In any case, nobody seems to have a problem with the sub-section idea so I don't see why we can't go with that. It's apparently clear everybody isn't going to agree with the current direction.

Soljer
Indeed.

Sub-section for the win!

Assuming the mods have no problem with it, and can get it approved.

Avalonofthewind
Aye. A sub forum is still the best bet. Most members here are here to debate about comics, they don't want to just debate - but specifically about COMICS.

When the first two pages of the COMIC versus forum are polluted with DBZ vs. Superman threads, it's hard to find a thread....about...comics.

erm.

Agreed. The sub forum is the best bet.

For those complaining and completely against the whole idea of expanded options. Get over it. If the mods are willing to tackle on the extra workload of policing all the new traffic...then nobody should have a problem with it.

A sub forum will just keep things a bit tidier.

Now, who's going to make the 1st Cutie Honey vs Wonder Woman thread? stick out tongue

xmarksthespot
I'm pretty sure making a sub-section entails higher-ups then section mods... who aren't too fond of the vs forum to begin with.
Originally posted by The Problem
Whos idea was this anyway?

Also, does anyone know why Digi was moved from being mod of the vs forum? Because he didn't want to mod the vs forum anymore.

PS what in the ... is a Cutie Honey. blink

illadelph12
It's stipulated in the rules that a comic book character of comparable ability must be a combatant in all battles. Of course there's going to be posters who disregard that and will have their threads removed. The rules will be strictly enforced.

Newjak
Well I don't really see the problem with having it here but hey whatever.

Creshosk
It's only new to KMC. CBR uses this new system and that place is a hell hole in part because of it.I'd argue that that's a CBR system rather than a KMC system. How they're handled might be different and one man's treasure is another man's trash.

Yes?How?

In any case, nobody seems to have a problem with the sub-section idea so I don't see why we can't go with that. It's apparently clear everybody isn't going to agree with the current direction. It's really up to the mods and what ever decision they make I'll argue from that stance.

The Pict

I've tried the new system, it can work.

Can it? I went on the versus forum earlier to see what comic debates were going on and saw about 3 on the entire page.

The Problem
Dur...

illadelph12
Originally posted by Apolloknight
I agree with those saying give it a shot. You cant knock something you haven't tried. I for one, enjoy the new mix of things going on.

If people are afraid of fanboys, well, there will always be fanboys, its an inescapable truth. All that requires is the mods crack down a little harder.

Also, I think there should be something stating what character, games, genre are officially allowed.

Yeah, I think character bios should be a requisite.

xmarksthespot
Can it? I went on the versus forum earlier to see what comic debates were going on and saw about 3 on the entire page. Make one. Bump one. There's no one stopping that. erm

Validus
It's stipulated in the rules that a comic book character of comparable ability must be a combatant in all battles. Of course there's going to be posters who disregard that and will have their threads removed. The rules will be strictly enforced.
We're going to need more than two active mods.

Creshosk
It's stipulated in the rules that a comic book character of comparable ability must be a combatant in all battles. Of course there's going to be posters who disregard that and will have their threads removed. The rules will be strictly enforced. Until its firmly established what a neo character's level is are mismatches okay?

Like I have two threads up and running with the neo characters of similar level and in each thread they're up agaisnt a singular opponent whom are of different levels. Mostly just testing to see where the neo characters fit best.

The Problem
Can you stop deleting my post?

No.

Creshosk
Can it? I went on the versus forum earlier to see what comic debates were going on and saw about 3 on the entire page. Umm... do you have your settings differently? I only saw a few threads that didn't really fit.. like the bugs bunny versus micky mouse. Neither is really a comic comic character...

Other than that I didn't see only three functioning threads.

The Pict
Make one. Bump one. There's no one stopping that. erm

And if we had a sub forum any threads I made wouldn't be drowned out by the Akashia/Gohan version 10 versus threads (and just to b*tch over the same points I have no idea who they are because I'm not posting in the ANIME forums)

Soljer
Well I don't really see the problem with having it here but hey whatever.

Because there are TONS of people that don't want to fish through three pages of DBZ vs. Superman threads to find something suitable. It's messy. Their opinion on having a pure-comic-versus forum should be respected. KMC has the best comic-versus forum on the net. erm.

Anywho - Ill? PR? Any chance of the sub-forum?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>